• Published 8th May 2012
  • 2,056 Views, 85 Comments

Harpflank and Sweets: Forced Introspection - Arcainum



The New Elements do some involuntary soul-searching.

  • ...
0
 85
 2,056

Forced Introspection: Octavia

"Please... call me babe."

Comments ( 11 )

I don't know about this one, Octavia's mindrape was IMO the most soul crushing of them all, and I was really looking forward to hearing her heartwarming rebuttal.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Wow, this is better than anything I was expecting. You really are the master of the serial. I know I'm a pretty strong advocate of planning, but when you have such a talent for finding the lines that are already there, for knowing exactly what you need to, and can add in to make things work? I honestly wonder if you should just run with it. The amount of development that you've... more found in, than given to, a silly story about a pair of superheroes fighting giant pony robots is simply amazing. The natural flow that it's retained, despite going to so many emotions and ideas that couldn't even have been imagined when it was first written; there's not a lot of authors who could accomplish that.

Anyway less glowing praise, more sads at Tavi. Now I'm all confused if this is even going to get any more closure in the finale or whatever, or if it's all side universe stuff that will never be mentioned again. I want to see all the changes this brings about to Vinyl and Tavi's relationship.

Aw, that's sweet. :fluttershysad:

So that's the end, huh? Though, from what Discord said to Vinyl at the end, it looks like his plans for the new bearers are far from over. I await the marvels that are to come!

I know you've said that this whole piece was a pain to do, but I think it's helped you in the long run. Writing through something that just doesn't resonate with you, but you manage to get through it and are still proud of it in some ways, really elevates you as a writer. You stuck with it and finished it which is more than I can say for other authors. Including myself.

Great job!

Huh. Didn't know you could post things this short.

...What? You expected some deep commentary? Tough. The story does it for me. Now go shed a single tear for Octavia, she deserves it.

... What happened to the character tag?

Beautiful. Especially the ending. I almost cried.

Oh my god. My heart.:fluttershbad:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

ohhh, snap

Login or register to comment