• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 1,848 Views, 161 Comments

The Band of Invincible Idiots - bluemoon1996



(UNDERGOING REWRITE) Bronies get sucked into their game of Ponyfinder by Discord. Silliness and hijinks ensue

  • ...
13
 161
 1,848

Dinok and Spring Remedy

The first thing Miles heard when he woke up was the sound of a fire crackling. He let out a mental groan. Great, just flipping great, I've been caught right off the bat; What is it? Bandits? Cannibals? Vampires? Necromancers?

"You awake yet?" Brad's voice called out from somewhere nearby.

Oh thank Celestia, it's just Dinok! Miles' thought process came to a screeching halt, Wait a sec, Dinok is not Dinok's name! It's Dinok! He let out an audible groan, this has to be Discord's fault.

Finally opening his eyes, Miles was greeted to the sight of stalactites and stalagmites flickering in the flight of a fire, the ground he was laying on was cool and damp. Rolling about, he blinked in surprise at what he saw.

Sitting on the opposite side of a small fire, was a damn anthro! It was a zebra wearing black robes with a amulet hanging around his neck. The zebra smirked at the sight of Miles. "Rise and shine sleepy head," it said in Brad's voice.

"Dinok?!" Damn it that's not his name!

"Who else would it be Spring?" The zebra replied sarcastically.

Wait...Spring... As in Spring Remedy? My character for the game? "Dinok, why did you call me that? That's not my name."

"I know it's not your name," he said flatly, "Discord probably did something to our noggins before he actually dumped us in here cause I can't even think of my own damn name!"

Miles, or should I say Spring, let out a annoyed groan as he brought up a hand to rub his eyes but stopped as a hand that wasn't entirely human came into view. It was covered in fine green hairs that almost looked like velvet to him. A quick inspection of the rest of his body found the he was completely covered in said hairs and a two tone red and yellow tail stuck out of his back side. He reached about to feel his back and there was no wings and with a brush of his hand to his forehead gave him no sign of a horn. "Well, this is certainly new," he blurted out.

Dinok laughed, "at least we won't have to learn to walk on all fours; and it makes weapon wielding a lot easier for the whole lot of us." He snickered, "imagine Thunderbolt trying to use that halberd of his without hands or Dopple use her crossbow; sure she's got magic but..."

His sentence trailed off as he suddenly started snickering, "that's why she was flipping out right before we were dropped here: the poor sod was going to get genderswapped! Pattern was too but she seemed to be handling it far better than he was."

"When has Pattern even been the type to freak out about anything?" Spring asked. Damn it, that's not her name either.

"Umm.... How about that we dared her to tell her grandpa that she was a brony?"

"You dared her," Spring corrected, "I know I'd never make that shy mare do something like that." Spring went silent for a second before groaning, "screw these damn ponyisms man; they're going to give me a headache."

Dinok laughed a little at him but that was soon shut up by a death glare from the earth pony opposite of him. "So...," Spring began after he shut the zebra up, "where the Tartarus is everypony else?"

Dinok simply shrugged, "no clue, you were the only one near me when I woke up just outside this cave. It was night so I dragged your fat flank in here and started a fire."

"You didn't go looking for them?"

He shook his head, "I don't know what but something felt off out there," with that he glanced back over his shoulder, "like it was supernatural or something."

This time it was Spring's turn to laugh, "so you're telling me that the big bad Necromancer is scared of the dark?"

Dinok just glared at him, "I'm telling you something is off out there! I don't know what but something is not natural!"

"So you just plan on letting the guys all stumble about like mole rats till dawn in woods you happen to think are spooky?" Spring raised an eyebrow.

Dinok nodded, "yep, I also happened to make a fire at the cave mouth to attract them towards us if they can spot it and if they don't show up before dawn, we'll leave then and look for them."

Spring remained silent as a thoughts crossed his mind; he said something was wrong about the night outside... Could that mean... No, Discord's not that lazy that he's steal my game too... Would he? "Was the mare on the moon there?"

Dinok blinked in surprise at the sudden question, "umm... What?"

"The Mare on The Moon," he repeated himself, "you know the sign that Nightmare Moon was still imprisoned on it; looked kinda like the Batman?"

"Umm.. You do remember I didn't watch jack squat of the show right?"

Spring groaned, "Yes, I remember Mr. I only joined because Fallout Equestria but that is basic brony knowledge! When we get back, I'm making you watch all of the show!"

"You wouldn't dare," Dinok growled.

Spring smirked, and began to sing, "My Little Pony, My Little Pony; ahh ahh ahh ahh..."

Dinok immediately covered his ears; and if looks could kill, Spring would have been dead in an instant. "You son of-"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Before Dinok could finish his curse, a loud feminine scream broke the silence of night causing Spring to stop singing.

They both looked at each other for a few moments. "Do we have to go out into the creepy woods??" Spring just nodded causing Dinok to sigh in defeat, "Celestia lick me like she loves me damn it."

He then blinked in surprise, "d-did I just Littlepip swear..? Awesome."