• Published 7th May 2012
  • 1,720 Views, 15 Comments

That One Pink Mare - GhostieToastie



Pokey Pie story for my dearest friend.

  • ...
1
 15
 1,720

Just Have Fun?

The peppy pink pony bounced excitedly out of bed. Every day was something new and exciting for her to discover.
She quickly bounded down the stairs to the bakery she lived above, a small green alligator clamped tightly on her tail.

"Oh, Gummy!"

She squealed joyfully.

"Today is gonna be so-super-duper-extra-fantastic! We're watching the bakery while the Cakes are in Manehatton, and we're going to throw a party!"

With this, the mare delightedly spun in circles.

"Let's invite Fluttershy, Twilight, Rarity, Dashie, AJ, Derpy, Doctor Whooves and- Oh, Pinkie, don't be so silly."

The over-excited mare reprimanded herself.

"Let's invite everypony in Ponyville!"

Pinkie Pie instantly set about making plans, and placing phone calls.

"AJ?"

She questioned into the phone.

"I'm going to need a few barrels of cider. Be here by 8, we're having a party!"

---------------------------------

Pokey Pierce lazily sat up. He was startled to find he wasn't in his fluffy bed, but on a red plaid couch.

A horrific fabric choice, he thought.

He looked up as his best friend entered the room, causing Pokey to remember where he was.

"Oh, Good!"

Blue Note said.

"You're up."

He busied himself with a coffee pot, and added,

"You should probably get ready soon."

Pokey pricked his ears up.

"Ready for what, dare I ask?"

Blue Note and Pokey had been friends for many years, but Blue Note had moved to Ponyville after he graduated, while Pokey stayed in Canterlot. This led the two old friends to develop very different ideas of fun activities.

Pokey was, by nature, a snob. He took his important title very seriously, and generally viewed himself above most ponies.
He considered his friendship the utmost honor, a gift to those who received it, and for that reason, he had very few friends.
Blue Note had always stayed by him, though he often tried to coax Pokey out of his rude, standoffish state.

"We've been invited to a party."

Blue Note grinned.

---------------------------------
The lights were overwhelmingly bright and flashy, like the ponies and their attires. The colors were as loud as the music blasting from the amps at the back of the room. There, a Disk Jockey stood, bobbing her head as a sophisticated looking pony stood beside her, holding headphones to the DJ's ear.

Pokey Pierce looked aghast; the important gray mare had once played cello in a respectable concert Pokey attended in Canterlot. What was a mare like her doing in a place like this, and with that scruffy-looking DJ of all ponies? How could someone as knowledgeable as her be so comfortable around these raucous ponies?

He gasped, again overcome with shock as the gray mare closed her violet eyes, embracing the white unicorn a bit too warmly.

Seemingly un-surprised, the DJ continued playing with one arm swung around the mare.

Blue Note looked over, and following Pokey's gaze, explained.

"The DJ is Vinyl, or DJ P0N3, and the gray mare is her partner, Octavia."

Blue Note dragged his friend away, to stop him from staring any further. He caught sight of a young mare, and he shoved Pokey over to the sasparilla bowl.

"Have some fun, be social, get drunk, do whatever."

Blue Note called over his shoulder.

"Just have fun."

Pokey stood in shock by the snack table. The music was too loud, the colors too bright, and the ponies too casual for Pokey's comfort.

He grabbed a bottle of cider, and attempted to drown out the noise.

"Hi!"

A happy voice called directly into his ear.

"I'm Pinkie Pie! I threw this party, and this is my house- Well-its-not-really-a-house-its-a-bakery-but-I-live-here-and-its-my-home! Where's-your-home? I-haven't-seen-you-around-here-so-you-must-be-new! *Gaaaasp* I-love-love-love-making-new-friends! You're going to love it here in Ponyville! Wait-until-you-"

Pokey's look of horror interrupted the pink mare.

"Is something wrong?"

She asked, looking distraught.

"Is something.. Dear Celestia, of course something is wrong! You, I don't even know you, and you just don't stop talking!"

The mare frowned, but nearly instantly lit up again.

"Well, you know me now, and now we're friends!"

She twirled gleefully around.

"Ooh! What's your name, new friend?"

Pokey looked on in disbelief.

"We are certainly not friends! And, I will not be telling my name to a complete stranger!"

He tried to step around the pink pony, but she stared innocently at him, un-moving.

"We.. We aren't friends?"

She whimpered.

Pokey glared at her, unfazed by her sadness.

"No."

She blinked.

"Well then."

A pause.

"That has to change!"

---------------------------------

The blue unicorn hurried desperately through the crowd of swaying ponies. As he ran, he bumped into two mares dancing, knocking down the cream colored mare with blue and pink curls.

"Hey!"

Her dance partner, a teal unicorn with a lyre cutie mark, yelled when Pokey didn't stop or apologize.

"Watch where you're going, moron."

Pokey shrugged the insult off, snatching a hat from a protesting pegasus.

He slapped the hat onto his wavy blue curls in a last resort attempt to hide from the partying menace.

"There you are, Blue Snooty!"

The caffeinated ball of cotton candy sprung up before him.

"Wh-what? Blue Snooty?"

Pokey stammered, backing up.

"Well,"

Pinkie explained,

"If you won't tell me your real name, I just have to guess! And I am good at guessing games!"

Frowning, Pokey tried to ease around Pinkie, but she blocked him with an outstretched hoof.

"Curly Q? Pointy Blue?"

She glanced at his cutie mark.

"Safety Pin? Ooh! Is it an ironic name? Softy Pillow? Are you sure it isn't Blue Snooty?"

Pinkie pondered endlessly. Finally, enough was enough.

"POKEY!"

He screamed, drawing curious stares from nearby ponies.

Flushed, he repeated in an annoyed tone,

"Pokey Pierce."

Her face lit up into an even larger grin, though Pokey never would've guessed it was possible.

"It was super fantastic to meet you, Pokey."

And then, she was gone.

---------------------------------
Pokey Pierce was confused.

He paced the floor of Blue Note's apartment countless times, searching for an answer.

With his friend still out of the house, probably with some fillies at a bar, Pokey had no one to turn to with his questions.

Pinkie Pie..

He mused. She was so reckless, so unkempt, so.. Wonderful.

He shook his head.

In all his life, he'd never felt this way.

It wasn't that he was insensitive, or that he lacked feelings, simply that he had never met a mare that enticed him like this one.

Pinkie Pie was an outrageous pony! Everything about her screamed uncivilized.

She was the opposite of everything he needed,

And yet..

She was everything he wanted.

He had to find out more about her.. He had to find her!

But, he was scheduled to be back in Canterlot tomorrow.

He was torn, between his home, few friends, his job, and the only mare he'd ever met to make him feel alive.

For the first time in his life,

Pokey Pierce was conflicted.

Comments ( 15 )

Silly author, Pinkie doesn't drink coffee, she drinks liquid sugar.

559626
That explains so much!:pinkiehappy:

Just read the chapter, and I like this idea quite a bit.

559640
Thank you!
I'm very new to writing pony-fiction,
And I know like, nothing about this shipping,
But my best friend has an obsession,
So I'm giving it a go:twilightsmile:
I always appreciate the feedback!

I like it!!:heart::pinkiehappy:

good stuff more, please :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

>BG pony pops a ballon
>Suddenly, fan-fic.

559694
Haha-
Personally, I don't know a lot about this pairing,
Or the origin,
But it seems to be fairly popular,
And this is for my friend.:twilightsmile:

This is nice! Very sweet, no pun intended. I shall favorite this until it hurts!

Love the story so far:heart::ajsmug:

559694
More like
>BG pops a balloon.
>Suddenly second most shipped character with pinkie pie.

You don't need to separate a character's speech from their actions, you know. It makes things disjointed and hard to read.

Other than that...it seems a little rushed, but I can't really tell for certain until the next chapter.

You have my attention...for now.

Update? :D

Login or register to comment