• Published 7th May 2012
  • 3,112 Views, 26 Comments

Spike The Time Traveler - FlashFoward



Spike is called upon by Tick to travel into his friends future and past.

  • ...
1
 26
 3,112

Break Down and Burnt Out

Surprisingly, it seemed that Spike didn't even need the watch to prepare for the party in a timely fashion. Pinkie really did have a talent for throwing parties; she had brought a large cannon to Sugar Cube Corner and once it went off it was shooting out streamers and balloons a plenty. Spike did question one thing though about Pinkie, she went out to deliver invitations to all their friends while he stayed to put the finishing touches on the party and returned in no time flat. Now, probably Pinkie bribed Derpy with a muffin, or multiple of them, to deliver the invitations quickly. However, Spike knew Pinkie had a habit of popping out of nowhere with no warning, so he wouldn't put it past her if she pulled it off on her own. It's one of those great wonders that will never go solved and Pinkie's peculiar abilities have tried Twilights patience and logic multiple times, but at the end, Twilight accepts Pinkies ability which makes Spike laugh every time because he knows it's getting Twilight all worked up to have Pinkie's talents have no logical explanation. At last, the party was set and ready to go and all it needed now was their guests. An unsettling silence grew between Pinkie and Spike as they waited. The party prepping really distracted him from Pinkie's future fatality, but now with the lack of a distraction Spike's mind was really starting to settle on the event. Pinkie on the other hand was more skeptical on the purpose of Spike's desire for a party. She knew he enjoyed a good party; however, it wasn't like him to suggest one. Before the tension reached a breaking point, the guests had finally started to come in.

"Why, hello there Pinkie, nice to see ya throwing parties again. Been awhile since the last one, I was really starting to miss em'." Applejack said happily to Pinkie

"I know right? Spike over here was the one who gave me the idea of throwing the party today and helped set this up along the way." Pinkie answered with enthusiasm.

AJ's eyes grew wide and stared down at Spike, who was blushing from all this sudden praise.

"Looks like your being more than just Twilights assistant now. Hey, if your still in a helping mood Spike, interested in helping me with the farm in a few days? I could always use a few more hoofs-oh I mean claws." Applejack finished with a sheepish smile.

"Sounds like fun, I'll do it!" Spike replied with some uncertainty clawing at the back of his mind.

Last time Spike "helped" AJ he got a generous kick right in the face from her while she was bucking trees. Of course she didn't mean it, but it put him out of commission for a few days. He remembered how Twilight had to keep the library neat, for once, and how much she complained during the week that Spike couldn't even get up from his hospital bed. Applejack came every day during his bed rest; she was always nice company when she wasn't trying to apologize for the incident.

"Great, I'll drop by your place when I'll need to collect you. Sound good?" Applejack went on.

Spike gave a simple nod and Applejack gave him a quick smile and trotted away to mingle with the other ponies who were coming in. Well, this party was working out very well already. He would soon have the chance to journey through AJ's life, which should prove interesting and hopefully less demoralizing then Pinkie's future. That was another issue now that he thought about it. Pinkie always seemed happy-go-lucky and for her to suddenly head for a downward spiral didn't add up to Spike. Watching Pinkie bounce around on her tail like a spring, Spike knew he would probably never learn why Pinkie grew so upset. Then it hit him, Pinkie had been ranting about how she would prove somepony wrong and how she wished for the old days. Who was she talking about and why would she head to such extremes to prove a point?

"Hey Spike…whoa you alright? You look a little sick." A familiar voice asked in worry.

Spike turned his head to see Rainbow Dash staring at him in worry. Blushing deeply, Spike buried his face in his claws and tried to avoid her staring. He didn't want to worry Rainbow anymore then he already did, but the damage had been done. Rainbow wrapped her foreleg around Spike's neck and he made no motion to move her warm gesture away.

"What's up Spike? Want to talk about it?" Rainbow asked in a low whisper, so that no pony could hear. Spike knew he must have looked like a child being held by Rainbow, but with the weight of dread building in his heart lately, he couldn't care less what people thought of the scene.

"I don't think I can talk about it…" Spike mumbled quietly. A thought came into Spikes head. This was the perfect time to have the watch make contact with Rainbow. Slowly, he made a grab for the watch, hoping Rainbow wouldn't catch on to what he was doing.

"Well, alright Spike. I'll be around if you need to talk though." Rainbow said, giving Spike one last tight hug. Spike finally grabbed his watch and had the blue magic manifest on his hand.

"Thanks, Rainbow." Spike said softly, returning the hug. The magic had evaporated onto Rainbow's sky blue fur.

The deed was done and Spike felt accomplished. As Rainbow left him on his own, Spike surveyed the watch's purple button to see that it turned a sky blue color. At this point though, Spike wasn't all that sure if he wanted to proceed with the job. Knowing sorrow was only ahead of him Spike felt reluctant to venture forth. Remembering Tick's warning Spike felt worse than ever, if only he had taken Tick seriously he would probably have avoided this. But, he was too deep now and there was no turning back. With a deep gulp, Spike paused time. This was probably the weirdest thing he had ever seen. Seeing punch float in mid-air trying to fall into a thirsty mouth was just one of the many sights available to him when inspecting the frozen party. Spike waddled to the arch made from punch and, for the fun of it, took a sip of it. The liquid couldn't go down his throat since it was frozen in place and Spike had to arch his head slightly back to have the liquid escape his mouth.

Rainbows soft behavior was starting to eat away at Spike's mind as he was trying to decide if he should venture into the future of Rainbow or past. Why was she so nice to him suddenly? Rainbow is usually the brash and arrogant not the caring and sympathetic type. He would expect that behavior from Twilight if anything, but Rainbow? The only explanation was that she cared for him and didn't want him stressing out their friends, or himself. Spike decided it would be more interesting to go into Rainbow's future. So, Spike twisted the hands clock wise a fair amount and watched his surroundings become blurred and twisted. However, the usual crushing sensation did not come to him. Instead there was a feeling of…falling.

Spike panicked, he had no wings and let alone would know how to use them to save him from plummeting down to the hard ground. Wind started to rush past Spike as he fell faster and faster. Grief and panic swelled up in his chest. For some reason, Spike didn't make a grab for the watch. His instincts screamed at him to save himself but for some reason part of him welcomed the incoming doom. Seeing his friends die in front of him made him feel empty and distant from the world at this point. The ground was growing ever closer and Spike was hearing a voice scream. Spike wasn't sure if it was him, nor did he care, but looking a little up Spike saw an orange filly falling that he instantly recognized as Scootaloo.

Spike knew he was in no harm's way, but the same didn't apply to Scootaloo at this point. There was a loud explosion, which sliced through the rushing wind, and Spike saw a shock wave made up of rainbow colored bits. What looked like a missile was flying at ridiculous high speeds to catch up Scootaloo.

"Help me!" begged Scootaloo, tears dripping from her eyes.

The blur that was probably Rainbow Dash came rushing closer to Scootaloo. Spike noticed the ground was coming ever closer, this was going to be a tight save if Rainbow pulled this off. Rainbow pulled off from her nose dive with Scootaloo in her hoofs. While Spike stared at Rainbow in awe he had no idea the ground was closer than ever before. As Spike returned his attention to the ground, his face was greeted with grass and dirt. There was no crack or dull thud when Spike's face hit the ground, in fact, Spike felt just fine. Surveying his surroundings, Spike noticed Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo landed only a short distance away.

"Scootaloo you okay? Didn't break your wing or anything did you?" Rainbow asked quizzically, as she inspected Scootaloo's wing.

"I'm fine! I have been training to get my wingpower higher for when Cloudsdale needs water from Ponyville to make clouds this year. I want to do the best I can!" Scootaloo said with a determined sparkle in her eyes.

"Alright, that's a very good goal Scootaloo, but you still haven't told me why you started falling." Rainbow pressed on.

"I um, might have over done it…" Scootaloo mumbled quietly. It seemed she didn't really think of what would happen if she overworked herself.

"Well, I think that's enough flying for you today-"Scootaloo moaned as Rainbow said this, which earned her a glare from Rainbow "as I was saying, you need rest. I'll take you home." Rainbow said with a note of finality.

"Aren't you supposed to be leading the practice for the Wonderbolts today Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo said with a guilty face.

"True, but I think they can live a day without their awesome captain. It's about time they start thinking for themselves anyway." Rainbow shrugged.

Spike watched Rainbow and Scootaloo walk over the hill and away from his field of vision. So, Rainbow became the Wonderbolts' Captain and honestly Spike wasn't really surprised by this. Rainbow Dash was an excellent flyer, probably the best in Ponyville and Equestria at this point, and her ability to pull of the sonic rainboom probably helped a lot with her getting in the Wonderbolts. Grabbing the pocket watch Spike turned the hands counter clockwise a bit; he wanted to see how Rainbow got into the Wonderbolts in the first place. As usual his surroundings grew blurred and started to reform into what looked like a coliseum.

It looked like the same place Rainbow had won her trophy for Best Young Flyer. There was no visible floor, just the sky and some patches of clouds. Spike sat down at the stands and digested this amazing sight. After wasting some time staring awestruck at his surroundings, Spike noticed there was a large group of Pegasus flying overhead. A rainbow colored mane was visible from the crowd and Spike heard a powerful voice speak over the gossip of the eager Pegasus.

"You're all here for one reason, to become the new member of the Wonderbolts!" Spitfire said with authority. Her statement was greeted with many yells of approval.

"Simmer down everypony! Now, we will be putting you through rigorous training and test to see who is fit to become the next Wonderbolt." Spitfire stated. She gazed over the crowd of Pegasus, her eyes almost sending a message daring some of the weaker links to give up on the spot now. After she swept the crowd with her intense gaze she continued.

"Right, Soarin' and I will be the judges of this event. Wait, where is Soarin' hiding now!" Spitfire snapped angrily. Soarin' was at the stands near Spike eating some apple pie.

"Huh, oh so sorry Spitfire I'll be up in a minute." Soarin' called to his captain.

"Not in a minute! I need you up here now!" Spit said with an air of great impatience.

Soarin' flew up to Spitfire's side with apple pie at hand. Spit gave him a look capable of killing. He flinched at the look she gave him.

"I do hope none of you will be eating while we are testing all of you." Spitfire said loudly. Soarin' looked down, trying to avoid Spitfire's intimidating stare. Her comment was greeted with giggles.

Spike was losing interest in all this. It seemed this was the first meeting and the law was being laid down. Twisting the hands a little more clock wise Spike was surprised to see he was still in the coliseum. However, the stands were filled with probably thousands of Pegasus and a few earth ponies that must have been given some magic ability to remain up here to watch to festivities. Spike surveyed the crowd trying to find Twilight and the others but with all these ponies Spike doubt he would find them in this mess. Celestia and Luna were seated near a high balcony, with Spitfire and Soarin' looking slightly panicky.

A familiar loud explosion rang through the sky and a shockwave in the color of a rainbow traveled throughout the land. The princesses looked at the shockwave in awe while Spitfire and Soarin' were whispering to each other. An announcer was giving a play-by-play of what was going on before the Sonic Rainboom happened and when it did the announcer even stopped talking to stare at the shockwave sent off when Rainbow hit top speed. After Rainbow Dash's performance there was a follow-up with a yellow Pegasus who the announcer called "Lightning". He lived up to the name the announcer gave because he shot through the clouds so quick you would have thought a lightning storm was going on. As he landed you could see sparks popping all over him, but he seemed unharmed.

The rest of the contestants were alright, but Lighting and Rainbow really stuck out to him. The last Pegasus though was named "Flash". She flew so quick that only a dark blur was moving through the air and she left a trail of a red blur along the way. Spike was impressed by how quick Flash cut through the air, but Lightning and Rainbow were still, at least in his eyes, the ones to beat.

"I wish I could pull that off. That Sonic Rainboom is something." Soarin' said in an awestruck voice.

Spikes was amazed he even heard the comment from Soarin', let alone finding himself standing on the balcony where the Princesses and the two Wonderbolts were watching from. The view up here was far superior then the view available down to the people in the stands.

"I did enjoy Rainbow Dash's performance. Not every day you see a Sonic Rainboom happen." Celestia said out loud.

"Indeed, it is quite the sight. However you must admit that Lightning character really lives up to his name." Luna added in a light hearted tone, unlike her shrill and forceful Royal voice.

"You think Rainbow can teach us how to pull of the Sonic Rainboom Spit?" Soarin' asked his captain with great enthusiasm.

"Sounds like it would be pretty interesting to say the least. Flash sure can fly though; she's probably the fastest flyer I seen before this contest happened." Spitfire muttered aloud.

Spike decided to skip time a little bit more forward. He knew more praise was heading for Flash, Rainbow and Lightning. A large trophy was stationed in the balcony where Spike was standing. Celestia, Luna, Spitfire, and Soarin' were standing near the trophy and Spit was holding a Wonderbolt suit and goggles. Rainbow, Flash, and Lightning bowed when they walked into the balcony, to show respect for the princesses.

"No need for that, all of you have such excellent talent. It's a shame we only can pick one of you though." Celestia told the remaining three. Luna gave an approving nod at her sister's statement.

"I think the time is now to welcome our new Wonderbolt." Soarin' said to Spit. She nodded and went over to the three finalists.

"Celestia is right, you all did great, heck that's some of the best flying I seen. But, we can only choose one of you." Spit said.

"And with that, I am proud to say that Rainbow Dash is our new Wonderbolt! Welcome to the squad!" Spit said happily. Rainbow smiled joyfully and was given the trophy along with her new uniform.

"You guys won't regret it! I'll become one of the best flyers in the Wonderbolts! I'll be the Wonderbolt Captain one day” Rainbow said cockily. Spit raised an eyebrow at her.

"Sure hotshot, but as long as I am around you'll have to wait for that to happen." Spit said to Rainbow. Looking slightly embarrassed, Rainbow waved to the crowd cheering her on. Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity had walked onto the balcony and congratulated Rainbow on her success. A large purple hot air balloon flew into the coliseum and Pinkie was inside with a large microphone in hand. The future Spike looked a little sick as he popped his head over the basket giving a claws up to Rainbow, then sagging back into the basket without a word. Spike was surprised to see his future self look only a little taller then he currently was. Did this mean that Rainbow being a Wonderbolt wasn't that far off?

"Wow, being announcer is some hard work. Hey Rainbow, congrats on becoming a Wonderbolt, I knew you had it in you Rainbow!" Pinkie called from her large balloon. Rainbow gave Pinkie a knowing nod and continued to chat away with her other friends.

Spike watched the scene a little distance away. For all the happy vibes going through the air, Spike was having the familiar feeling of dread and fear drip back into his heart. Taking out his pocket watch, Spike knew he had to face the fall of Rainbow Dash. Turning the hands clock wise, Spike noticed it didn't really go all that far. It wasn't like Pinkie's were it stopped almost instantly but nothing like Twilight's either. Taking this as a decent sign, Spike pressed down on the sky blue button and watched as his surroundings grew distorted and reassembled.

Spike was flying through the air and he panicked. After a few moments of yelling, Spike realized he was perfectly safe. He saw Rainbow sleeping in her usual fluffy cloud but there was something unfitting going on. The sky was dark and thundering loudly. Spike grew panicky again and wondered if Rainbow was going to fly away from the incoming storm. The storm though, was moving at quickly to where Rainbow had been napping. Her eyes open wide and yelled in shock at the sight of the storm. She tried to fly away from the storm but it chased after her, and it was gaining on her. Storms never hunt anypony down, so this storm couldn't be natural. Rainbow, at this point, was breaking the sound barrier trying to escape the storms wrath but the storm didn't lose any ground if anything it got closer to Rainbow.

"Almost there…." Rainbow yelled through gritted teeth, Cloudsdale wasn't far away.

"Oh no you don't." a voice roared. It came from deep within the storm and Rainbow opened her eyes in shock and fear.

A large lightning bolt flew from the dark mass of cloud and hit Rainbow Dash. Spike was terrified at the sight of Rainbow's charred body. It fell and hit a cloud near Cloudsdale with a thud. Dash did not move or twitch after the thunderbolt hit her.

"Revenge is sweet…" roared the voice from within the storm. The dark cloud dissipated and Spike was able to see a Pegasus flying a distance away with lightning trailing him.

Spike couldn't digest what just unfolded. Rainbow Dash, Wonderbolt captain and one of the most fearless flyers in Equestria, was hunted down and killed. The spineless assassin nearly did her in while she was asleep. But who would do such a thing? If Spike felt sad before this, that feeling near doubled after watching Rainbows assassination. Grabbing for his pocket watch, Spike paused time and cried for Celestia knows how long. All the grief that built in him over the week was slowly eating away at him. After some time, Spike got a hold of his emotions and decided he had enough of Rainbow's future. Turning the hands counter clock-wise, Spike had a sudden idea of wanting to see how Rainbow reunited with Fluttershy after her first rainboom. The sight of Cloudsdale gave him this sudden thought.

After his atmosphere reassembled, Spike noticed he was back in Ponyville. He noticed Rainbow Dash looked slightly alarmed at being down in Ponyville; Spike guessed she never has been down to Ponyville at this point. The younger Rainbow mane was not all that well groomed, but the look of determination was evident in her eyes. That look in her eyes reminded Spike of how Rainbow gets all hyped when she attempts a new stunt or has to do a task.

"Have you seen a Pegasus with a pink mane?" Rainbow Dash asked a random pony.

"No." replied the earth pony.

"A Pegasus with a pink mane…does she have yellow fur and is extremely shy." asked another earth pony that Spike instantly recognized as Granny Smith.

"Yeah, have you seen her?" Rainbow asked with a look of relief.

"Mhm, mind you she has been hanging out near ma farm. She's very good with ta' animals, but it seems she talks to em' more then to me and ma family. Mind if ya talk to her? Big Mac is becoming awfully chummy when she comes around." Granny Smith asked.

Rainbow Dash and Granny Smith trotted off to the farm to collect Fluttershy. Spike mulled over this after Granny and Rainbow Dash disappeared from his field of vision. Seems like Rainbow was sent from Cloudsdale to find Fluttershy after she disappeared from the race that Rainbow competed in and Spike wasn't all that sure if he should remain in Rainbow's past. Scootaloo hold told him how Rainbow had achieved the Sonic Rainboom when she was young and he felt that was pretty much the highlight of her past. Also, Spike thought trying to see how Fluttershy reacted to Rainbow Dash looking for her was mainly going to relate to Fluttershy's past rather than Rainbow's.

Spike felt he had gathered enough information on Rainbow Dash's life. Slowly, Spike moved the hands clock wise so that he would be sent to the present. The familiar crushing feeling returned to Spike as his surroundings reassembled themselves and for once Spike somewhat missed the feeling, even if it made his head hurt and spin. Looking around, Spike was dumbfounded when he noticed he was still in the party. Time traveling really threw him off from what was happening in the present. After Spike pressed the sky blue button to allow time to proceed, he noticed the button turned purple again.

"Spike where have you…oh dear, Spike you look sick." Twilight said. To Spike, her comment seemed so distant it sounded like he was in a cave. Everything echoed and frankly it was annoying him.

"Nah, I am fine." Spike lied.

"No you're not, you're pale as marble!" Twilight said in disbelief of Spike's lack of attention.

Spike felt miserable, but he wasn't going to admit this. However, it seems his body was saying otherwise at this rate. His knees started to feel like jelly and Spike collapsed face first to the ground.

"Alright, maybe I need some help." Spike mumbled.

"What you need is a doctor. Come on Spike lets go…" Twilight said forcefully but noticed her assistant was in no shape to walk but the word doctor alarmed Spike.

"A doctor, I'm not sick! I just need rest, that's all!" Spike said defensively.

"You have been like this for a week now! Come on Spike, your pushing yourself to hard. What's going on Spike? You're keeping a secret from me and I know it." Twilight said sharply.

Spike withered at this and started sweating, even though it was cold out. The gig was up. Twilight knew Spike was slowly cracking under Tick's task. Whether if she knew he was helping Tick with research was questionable, but she was Celestia's pupil…was it possible Celestia told Twilight about his task? If so, why didn't Twilight understand the strain he was under? Anypony would start to crack under the grief of seeing his friends fall one by one for the purpose of Tick's research. But, she was expecting him to be indifferent about the ordeal. Spike's eyes darted everywhere for somewhere to escape from Twilight but nothing seemed available.

"Spike, please let me help you…" Twilight begged.

Spike didn't know if he could trust her anymore, let alone anyone else. He backed away from Twilight.

"Leave me alone Twilight." Spike said frantically.

"I am doing this for your own good Spike." sniffed Twilight. She seemed to be crying a little.

"No!" gasped Spike. He ran at full speed for the door.

Twilight froze Spike with a freezing spell. Nervously, she asked her friends if they would help her carry Spike off to the hospital. Rainbow Dash held Spike in her hooves as the mane 6 made their way to the local hospital. Even Pinkie had become serious after her friends made her aware of Spike's break down.

"Hey, what's this?" Pinkie asked the others. She was holding the pocket watch Tick gave to Spike.

"Must be Spike's, he probably dropped it after he started running. Here, just put it on his chest or in his hands." Twilight answered.

"Poor guy, he sure looked jumpy during that party. I should have known something was up with him. Heck, I even talked to him before he got all crazy." Applejack said sadly.

Rainbow Dash didn't want to give her input on this subject. She knew Spike was a wreck before all of them and she had no intention to tell them….not yet anyway. Also, she felt bad for Spike and really wanted to help him out.

"Why did you have to freeze him again?" Rainbow Dash demanded from Twilight.

Twilight was caught off guard from Rainbow sudden demand.

"Well, um you see I was worried Spike would run off-"Twilight started saying when Rainbow cut her off.

"Can't you see he's going through a tough time Twilight? Can you blame him from trying to get away?" Rainbow retorted.

Twilight, for once, had nothing to say. Rarity though, was there to back up Twilight.

"Darling, you can't tell me Spike doesn't need some form of help. Twilight even mentioned how Spike has been losing focus lately. There's no need for him to be hard headed like you." Rarity said in her usual prissy manner.

"Hard headed?! Take that back Rarity!" Rainbow Dash yelled forcefully.

"You're only mad because you know it's the truth." Rarity said with an edge in her voice.

Rainbow's eyes opened wide and her ears dropped slightly. Rarity had taken a big punch at Rainbow's usual swagger and it threw her off guard. Without warning, Rainbow dropped Spike and lunged at Rarity and the two tried to kick and yank at each other's manes.

"Oh my, somepony do something!" Fluttershy whimpered. Applejack stared at the fight in shock while Pinkie was watching the fight and eating popcorn, from somewhere.

Twilight performed her freezing spell on the two struggling mares. Both Rainbow Dash and Rarity lay rigid on the ground. Spike's body hit the ground with a dull thud and everyone winced at the sound.

"Um, sugarcube, sure that was a good idea? You, let old Spike hit the ground." Applejack said nervously to Twilight.

"You know, for as lady like as Rarity acts, I bet she would have won if we had let the fight continue." Pinkie mentioned. Applejack gave her a stern stare which Pinkie answered with a shrug.

"Not like we should have let it gone on!" Pinkie added quickly. Applejack just shook her head and looked at Spike's limp body.

"Great, now we have two ponies and a dragon to carry around!" Applejack said exasperated.

"Don't worry Applejack; I can have a spell carry Rainbow and Rarity. But, you mind carrying Spike?" Twilight pleaded.

Applejack nearly let out a moan and tried to find a way to get Spike's body on her back.

"Pinkie, do something useful and put this dead weight on my back." Applejack asked Pinkie after many failed attempts on trying to get Spike on her back.

It didn't take long for Twilight, Applejack, and Pinkie to carry there three friends to the local hospital.

"Pinkie, your parties seem to be getting rough these days." said the intern, taking a glance at the three new patients.

"Oh come on! It's not my fault they get in a fight." Pinkie said in disbelief.

"Seems all three of them are frozen, did the white unicorn try freezing the other two or something?" questioned the intern, she gave Twilight an analyzing stare. Twilight looked nervous at this and Fluttershy stepped in.

"I guess so, we found them lying near the front door." Fluttershy lied simply. The other's tried to hide their surprise at Fluttershy's lie and tried to go along with it.

After the intern assigned Rainbow, Rarity and Spike into their different rooms, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie, and Twilight made their way back home.

"Quick thinking there Fluttershy, I thought are gooses were cooked!" Applejack said. Fluttershy shielded her face with her mane as this remark.

"Well, see you tomorrow girls." Twilight called out to her friends. The others said there farewells and also headed back home.


Tick, Twilight has sent me a letter saying that Spike had a break down. Please see if Spike is doing alright.

From,

Celestia

Tick was reading Celestia's letter multiple times over. The more he read, the more he felt responsible for what happened to Spike. Tick eyes glowed blue and a portal appeared in the room. It was purple, like the color of a button on Spike’s watch.

"Hope he didn't lose that watch yet" Tick mumbled to himself.

Without further ado, Tick was sucked into the portal. Back at the hospital Spike's pocket watch was sparking angrily without his notice. It grew so hot it started to burn Spike's hand.

A/N

This chapter is longer than usual, but with reason. I believe every story needs a good twist every now and then. Also I wanted to show in a little more detail of how Spike was slowly losing faith and the power to move on. The One Who Reads Too Much has spent his time on proof reading my work and I appreciate it deeply.