• Published 18th May 2012
  • 12,430 Views, 1,757 Comments

Death Battle: Equestria - RLYoshi



Death Battle with ponies. Characters are researched, then pitted against each other in fights to the death, with pacifistic tendencies removed. Who would win in an Equestrian Death Battle?

  • ...
54
 1,757
 12,430

PreviousChapters Next
Battle 9: The Flim-Flam Brothers VS ATLAS and P-Body

Machines are an uncommon sight in Equestria, with little to no examples of the amazingly advanced technology humans have.

But for this battle, not only do we have two of Equestria's best mechanics, we also have two machines themselves from another world!

The Flim-Flam Brothers, two unicorn sibling geniuses...

And ATLAS and P-Body, the Aperture Science Co-Operative Testing Initiative!

Since both duos are mainly known for certain technology that they use, we'll be giving them both the machines they use to aid them in combat.

The Flim Flam Brothers will be bringing along their Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, and ATLAS and P-Body will each have their respective portal guns! That should make the fight more interesting!

I'm Yah-Shee and he's Arrell, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.


The Flim-Flam Brothers

Species: Unicorns
Special talents: Making cider
Occupations: Travelling salesponies
Gifted mechanics
Perfect synchronization
Creators of the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Flim and Flam, also known as the Flim Flam Brothers, are two unicorn salesponies who travel around Equestria, attempting to sell their inventions to different towns.

While we've only seen them appear in canon one time, we can gather a bit of information from that one episode!

The two brothers are both gifted mechanics, as shown by their ability to create and run the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, easily the most complex piece of machinery seen so far in the show. It is powered by unicorn magic and also acts as a mode of transportation.

But, as its name suggests, the real purpose of it is to make cider! It has a long vacuum-like hose that sucks apples right from trees and turns it into fresh cider at an extremely fast pace! And, if powered enough, it has enough strength to rip up entire trees!

As a vehicle, it is quite fast and efficient, though due to its bulky size it would not be very good to help maneuverability during a battle such as this, and is better suited as a wall to hide behind.

But enough about their machine! Let's take a look at the brothers themselves. They're pretty much the same, except one has a mustache and one doesn't, and they share the same powers and abilities.

Flim and Flam's individual abilities don't actually extend much past typical unicorn magic, but together, they're always well synchronized, even when they haven't had time to plan. They are also both good at quick thinking, though their strategic skills leave much to be desired.

Yeah...these two don't exactly plan in advance that much.

Despite the fandom's common perspective of them, the two aren't actually as malicious as they are made out to be. They just simply have two problematic factors: a tendency to not know when to quit, and usually not thinking ahead. While they are smug and arrogant, they never truly become "evil" per se, instead just going too far in what started off as a perfectly ordinary business deal. Due to not quitting while they're ahead and focusing too much on making a profit, they failed in the end, showing that they aren't very good at strategy and have a knack for making things up as they go instead.

Fortunately, when it comes to a fight to the death, you don't usually worry that much about thinking ahead, since there's too much action going on anyway! Stop to think, and you're dead, as Twilight Sparkle showed us a few battles ago!

I heard that!

Well, it's true!

...how did she even get in here?

Front door.

...Arrell, get her out. *ahem* Anyway, ignoring that, Flim and Flam clearly have immense knowledge of machines, and wielding a powerful one from the get-go puts them at a huge advantage. However, they are still just ponies, and aren't invincible. We'll just have to see how well they fare against two robots from another world.

"Ready Flim?" "Ready Flam!" "Let's bing-bang-zam!"


ATLAS and P-Body

Home universe: Portal
Species: Robots
Occupations: Portal gun testing subjects
Both carry Portal guns
Can survive falls of any height
Vulnerable to water or almost anything that can kill a pony
Unknown genders

Created by GLaDOS and officially known as the "cooperative testing initiative", ATLAS and P-Body are a modified personality core and turret, respectively. Hailing from the white testing chambers of Aperture Science, they have been programmed to test the uses of the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, known to many simply as a Portal gun, and so they each carry one of said gun.

The Portal gun is exactly what it says on the tin; point it at a wall and pull the trigger, and you can fire a portal at the wall! Put two down, and you can walk through one to come out the other! Problem is, you can't have any more than two down at once...which kinda sucks.

These guns are indestructible and the portals they shoot cannot be removed, unless the portal is relocated or the surface it is on is drastically changed. However, despite being classified as a "gun", these items cannot actually be used to harm others. In fact, the portals literally travel through humans, robots, and other sentient beings.

Despite travelling at the speed of light, which should technically at least rip a hole in them!

Arrell, it's only light that's being fired in the first place...

Don't care. Want to see blood.

...Oooookay. Anyway, aside from the Portal guns, ATLAS and P-Body never carry around any sort of weapons. However, they can acquire various items to use during their testing chambers.

They've got cubes to push buttons, balls to fit into ball-shaped slots, and laser-directing boxes! But out of all their items, the most useful is probably the gels they can direct with their portals!

Each gel has a unique attribute. The Repulsion Gel acts as a trampoline, the Propulsion Gel increases of the speed of whoever runs on it, and the Conversion Gel allows any surface splashed with it to have portals placed on it. However, each gel can easily be rinsed away with water or other liquids, and more than one gel cannot take up the same space.

As for our robots themselves, they're indestructible! ...well, not really.

ATLAS and P-Body can survive falls of any distance, but they are still weak to anything else a pony would be weak to, if not more. Bodies of water are a hazard to them, and falling into them means instant death. Plus, they will explode if they take too much damage all at once and aren't able to get away. Luckily, they can recover any damage they take within seconds when safe, meaning that as long as they don't sustain any long streams of attacks, they can do pretty well.

Which is good, because these two are always getting hurt! GLaDOS puts them through some tough tests, and she shows no mercy. That's likely built up their reflexes quite a bit, as well as made them a bit stronger.

However, unlike Flim and Flam, ATLAS and P-Body show no true synchronization. They work together about as well as good friends who like to prank each other, rather than mirror images. Sometimes they can work together, and sometimes they end up killing themselves.

They act a lot like humans, but whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate.

Normally their primary goal is to solve puzzles rather than fight, and they have not been seen doing any actual fighting so far. However, they have yet to fail GLaDOS, and their experience in testing chambers may prove to be vital in their possible victory here in the Equestrian Death Battle arena.

"Hello!" "...hi?"


Alright, the combatants are set! Let's end this debate once and for all.

IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!


NOTE: For simplicity's sake, I will be referring to both ATLAS and P-Body as being male.

In one of Aperture Science's many testing rooms, two unicorns sat upon their odd mode of transportation, the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, and awaited their opponents. Before long, some portals opened up on a nearby wall, and their robotic foes popped out, ready to battle. As the portals vanished, the four took up their battle stances, each team facing the other.

FIGHT!

ATLAS looked at P-Body and pointed forward, uttering a robotic grunt. P-Body nodded and charged forward at Flim and Flam while ATLAS placed a portal on the wall behind him. P-Body reached the two unicorns and tried to fire his portal gun at them, but all he did was create two portals on the far wall. Flim and Flam looked at each other, shrugged, and charged their horns.

Before they could use any spells, ATLAS fired his own portal gun, getting it right underneath P-Body and causing him to pop out back where ATLAS was. The modified personality core just shook his head, while the turret shrugged. Flim and Flam, meanwhile, dimmed their horns and charged forward, trying to go for close combat. P-Body quickly pointed at a far wall, and ATLAS nodded, running towards it. P-Body ran in the opposite direction, forcing Flim and Flam to split up. Flim ran after ATLAS, while Flam took off after P-Body.

When ATLAS saw Flim closing in, he popped one portal on the ceiling, ran until he was past the portal, and shot another one underneath Flim. Flim fell through the portal and came down from the ceiling, surprising him and causing him to drop his guard. ATLAS used this as a chance to begin whaling on him with physical attacks, since his portal gun wasn't useful for damaging opponents. Flim, however, wrestled out of the assault and turned it around, bucking ATLAS strongly enough to send him flying. When he landed, ATLAS took a second to recover from the damage, then charged back into the fray.

Meanwhile, P-Body was having similar luck. Flam had caught up to him quicker than expected and kept on attacking in every way he could. The only reason P-Body was still alive was from using his portals to get a few feet away and heal, but even that wasn't working anymore. After one more portal, P-Body saw something nearby and ran over to it, Flam giving chase.

Arriving at his goal, P-Body found one of Aperture's famous Weighted Storage Cubes. Picking it up, he turned around and smacked Flam to the side with it, then proceeding to smash the cube into Flam's prone body. Flam quickly teleported away, similar to what P-Body had done before. The robot struck a triumphant pose, but then realized that Flam was hopping into the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. His robotic irises shrunk.

ATLAS had found a similar way of dealing with Flim, managing to find a Hard Light Bridge and manipulating his portals to keep the makeshift wall between him and Flim at all times, trying to think and strategize. At that moment, Flim noticed his brother getting into their machine, and ran off to join him. P-Body ran up to ATLAS, unsure of what to do. Neither of them knew what the cider-making vehicle was capable of, so they just braced themselves.

Flim and Flam started up the machine and pulled out its vacuum, steering it towards the two robots. Seeing it coming, ATLAS placed his light bridge right above them, acting as an umbrella of sorts. Unable to suck the two up through the makeshift shield, the vacuum retreated back to the machine...which then started just driving towards them.

The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 crashed into the white wall, and its drivers looked around for their opponents. Flam saw the two robots pop out of a blue portal across the room, waving in a taunting manner. Gritting their teeth, the two unicorns turned their vehicle around and drove it back at ATLAS and P-Body.

Dashing off, the two robots eventually found one of Aperture's many Discouragement Beams - or, as many people called them, lasers. P-Body placed one portal at the end of the laser and the other on one of the walls, directing the laser to cut right through the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. The vehicle had several parts ripped off and slowed to a halt, unable to keep moving. The two robots cheered and high-fived.

They stopped cheering when Flim and Flam just hopped out and charged their horns again. P-Body replaced his portal, directing the laser at the two unicorns. It cut right between them, barely missing them as they ducked to the sides. During this, ATLAS noticed a nearby wind tunnel and took control of it with his own portal. He placed his other portal, picking up both unicorn brothers in the vortex that they couldn't escape.

ATLAS gave P-Body some directions, and the modified turret nodded. He placed his portal to direct the laser to the end of the wind tunnel, where it hit the wall. Once Flim and Flam hit that point, they'd both be sliced apart. Thinking fast, the two unicorns charged their horns and fired a blast of energy at the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, activating its vacuum again.

The vacuum hose travelled over to the two robots, who were too busy watching their foes to notice. The vacuum started up, sucking ATLAS and P-Body inside as they let out robotic screams. Flam used his horn to magically grab ATLAS's portal gun before it was sucked up and replace his portals, freeing the two brothers from the wind tunnel before they reached the laser.

They ran up to their vehicle and watched two mugs of rather...off-looking cider come out, filled with scrap parts and P-Body's portal gun. Flim and Flam began dancing and singing in victory and threw the mugs away.

K.O.


Death by cider! Hah! That's a new one!

While the battle was close, Flim and Flam just barely edged out ATLAS and P-Body. They had overall better synchronization, while ATLAS and P-Body had to give each other commands. Plus, while they may have had their portal guns, Flim and Flam had the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, which could actually be used as a weapon.

Plus, neither team had any combat training that we know of, and all they could use was what they knew. ATLAS and P-Body can solve tests, but they usually have time to think through those. The Flim-Flam Brothers, being salesponies, usually need to think quickly, and that's what these battles call for!

Admittedly, ATLAS and P-Body would have won if not for one problem: their weakness. They can't take much before they explode, so they had to keep staying a safe distance away, and that kept them from using close combat to their advantage like Flim and Flam did. Once they got sucked into the gears of the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, though, there was no escape. If being squeezed like an apple didn't kill them, the cider would have acted as water and done the job instead.

I guess it really "sucks" to be ATLAS and P-Body right now!

The winners are the Flim-Flam Brothers.


Next time on DEATH BATTLE: Equestria!

Oh, we're not just going straight to a new battle, no. We've got something extra special planned that requires you readers more than ever! Sit tight for the announcement!

After that, we'll have a new battle, this one being a battle that many have asked for. When two of the show's most popular background characters go head-to-head with their most widely accepted fanon theories, which one will emerge from the inevitable disaster victorious?


Got a suggestion for a Death Battle? Post a comment below suggesting matchups, or send me a PM with suggestions in it!

You may suggest OC characters, provided they are from a story on this site that is at least somewhat well-known. You may also suggest characters from other universes (i.e. anything non-pony related), as long as their opponent is from MLP:FiM, either the show or a known fic.

Please do not suggest matchups that have already happened. You may suggest individual characters to appear in matches against a different opponent than one they have fought previously, but suggestions like those are less likely to be used (unless I REALLY like the idea).

PreviousChapters Next