• Published 18th May 2012
  • 12,417 Views, 1,757 Comments

Death Battle: Equestria - RLYoshi



Death Battle with ponies. Characters are researched, then pitted against each other in fights to the death, with pacifistic tendencies removed. Who would win in an Equestrian Death Battle?

  • ...
54
 1,757
 12,417

PreviousChapters Next
Battle 5: Twilight Sparkle VS Pinkie Pie

Oh man, this is one fight I'm not looking forward to seeing the aftermath of!

We've got Twilight Sparkle, the prized pupil of the princess herself...

And Pinkie Pie...I think that's all we need to introduce her with.

Truer words have never been spoken. I'm Yah-Shee and he's Arrell, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armour, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.


Twilight Sparkle

Type: Unicorn
Special talent: Magic
Element of Magic
Princess Celestia's personal student
Most powerful unicorn in Equestria
Can learn to do literally ANY magic spell
Runs the Golden Oaks Library
Severe case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Twilight Sparkle is a unicorn pony from Canterlot. She has incredible magic skill and is widely believed to be the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria.

...In terms of magic, anyway. She's not that tough physically.

She studied magic since she was a young foal and made it into Canterlot's School for Gifted Unicorns as Princess Celestia's personal student.

Her special talent is magic itself, which enables her to learn any spell that she's powerful enough to do! And given her skill at magic, this means she can do virtually every spell that exists in Equestria!

Yes, but while she has the power to learn just about any spell, she has a habit of only practicing a spell until she can do it perfectly once, and then moving on to the next spell. She doesn't train her spells so she can pull them off easily, unless they're ones she uses commonly, such as levitation and teleportation.

Wow...I thought she was the smart one.

It is unknown how many spells Twilight has learned, but among them are teleportation, firing dangerous beams, levitating extremely heavy objects, transforming objects or ponies into other things, granting temporary wings, creating giant impenetrable barriers, and "instantly fixing everything".

So it's a Deus Ex Machina spell?

...I guess, but it doesn't seem to really work.

Good.

Twilight is the unofficial leader of the mane six, mainly due to her high intelligence and capabilities. However, ponies don't always believe her or listen to her. She has been shown to have an extreme case of OCD, unable to resist fixing even the smallest issues and overreacting to the slightest problems.

Plus, she's like a magnet for trouble! She's always getting targeted by bad luck, such as getting anvils dropped on her, failing horribly at Winter Wrap-Up, and the main problem of the episode usually happening to her!

Despite her bad luck, Twilight always pulls through, usually thanks to her intelligence and strategy.

And friendship.

Yeah, that too, I guess.

"This is my book! And I'm gonna READ IT!"


Pinkie Pie

Full name: Pinkamena Diane Pie
Type: Earth pony
Special talent: Parties
Element of Laughter
Grew up on a rock farm
Pinkie Sense warns her of danger
Capable of defying physics and logic
Has access to hammerspace

Pinkie Pie is...Pinkie Pie.

She's hyperactive, excitable, crazy, literal-minded, easily distracted, party-obsessed, science-defying, oftentimes annoying, and just one small step away from being thrown in an insane asylum. Despite this, she is considered one of the best characters on the show.

You know, it makes sense that something involving Pinkie Pie doesn't really make sense. ...Wait...

...Right. She loves making other ponies happy, no matter what it takes, and rarely gets mad or upset.

When she does, though, you better get away fast, or she'll be making cupcakes tonight!

We do NOT talk about that story, Arrell. Anyway, being an earth pony, Pinkie has above average physical strength, but that's completely overshadowed by her other personal powers. She has access to hammerspace, where she keeps random things such as her party cannon.

The party cannon is a cannon about the size of a pony with a fuse that just needs to be pushed to fire, rather than lit. When it explodes, it shoots out confetti, streamers, food, decorations, and pretty much everything else needed to make a party. So yeah, it's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It's cannon that shoots parties.

She can also defy all logic and reason, such as randomly having six hooves or shooting into the air like a rocket.

And keep in mind, this is Equestria, where logic, reason, and physics have already been screwed with to Tartarus and back!

In addition, Pinkie also has her Pinkie Sense, which is a type of sixth sense that warns her of danger. It is composed of several seemingly random twitches and movements that Pinkie cannot control. For example, when her tail twitches, it means that something is going to fall very soon.

Some of her more specific predictions are a bunch of twitches that play out in a set order. She calls these "combos", and they are generally more exact about what's going to happen. For example, one combo warns her that something unexpected is going to happen at Froggy Bottom Bog.

However, while Pinkie may have all of these advantages, she still has her problems. She often completely misses the point and is easily distracted, making it hard for her to focus on important things. She also usually fails to know when the situation is truly dangerous, as evidenced by her happily skipping towards a roaring and deadly manticore.

But then again, that's what makes her so lovable!

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"


Alright, the combatants are set! Let's end this debate once and for all!

IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!


Far from Ponyville, there was a field surrounded by a few trees, peaceful as could be. However, the peace ended as soon as a flash of light appeared, and a purple unicorn teleported into the field. She looked around for her opponent, and as soon as she turned back around, a pink earth pony was standing right in front of her. Twilight jumped back, but then prepared for battle, while Pinkie just smiled obliviously.

FIGHT!

Twilight lit her horn as she fired a magical beam at Pinkie, who just skipped to the side to dodge it. Twilight tried firing several more beams, but Pinkie continued to skip away from them. Eventually, Twilight tried a different tactic, firing at a tree close to Pinkie. The tree fell, seemingly landing right on top of the pink earth pony.

The purple unicorn smirked smugly at her apparent victory, but as soon as she turned around she saw Pinkie grinning and waving at her before cheerfully skipping away again. Twilight gaped, but shook her head and regained her composure as she cast another spell. This time, she used her force field spell, covering Pinkie in a barrier that she couldn't get through. Pinkie, unaware of this, hopped a few more steps before slamming into the field.

Now with her opponent trapped, Twilight turned and cast another spell at the same time, ripping a whole tree out of the ground. She planned to drop the tree on the force field and deactivate it at the last second, leaving Pinkie no time to escape whatsoever. When she turned back to the force field, however, Pinkie had disappeared from it.

Twilight looked around worriedly, wondering where her foe was. Suddenly, Pinkie hopped up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. Twilight turned and stared in disbelief as Pinkie waved happily and bounced away again. Now sufficiently annoyed, the unicorn chucked the tree at Pinkie, but the party pony just hopped onto the tree as it flew, jumping from branch to branch until she jumped off, free of harm.

Groaning, Twilight thought up a new plan. She fired several magical beams into the air, catching each one with levitation before it got away. Eventually, she had several dozen lethal magic beams in her psychic grasp. Pointing each beam at her opponent, she released the levitation spell, firing them all.

Pinkie's tail twitched, and without missing a beat, she hopped a very small distance to the left. The beams shot past her, each one barely missing her and just grazing her mane and tail. Twilight stood, slack-jawed, at this.

Yelling in anger, she lowered her head and charged, running straight at Pinkie. She didn't know what was going to happen. All she wanted to do was hurt her now. Pinkie, however, reached behind a random tree and pulled out her famous party cannon and aimed it at Twilight. The unicorn kept running, and as soon as she was within range, Pinkie grabbed her horn with her front hooves, stopping her.

Twisting her body, Pinkie snapped the horn off of Twilight's head, forcing the latter to let out a scream of pain. Pinkie used this moment to grab Twilight by the neck and thrust her into the party cannon. Before the purple mare could react, Pinkie jumped to the other side and slammed a hoof on the fuse, firing the cannon with Twilight in it.

Out from the cannon came a burst of confetti, balloons, and other party decorations. Along with them came an explosion of blood and body parts, as the force from the party cannon literally tore her to pieces. Twilight instantly became decorations for a rather dark party in that field.

K.O.


Geez, am I the only one who didn't see this coming?!

Twilight can do magic, but Pinkie can do pretty much everything that requires a magic spell with just her usual craziness. Her Pinkie Sense helped to warn her of any danger, and while Twilight may have strategy, no strategy can fight against Pinkie and her reason-defying powers.

I think we all remember what happened last time Twilight tried to outdo Pinkie! It didn't exactly end well, did it?

No, it did not. In addition, throughout this battle, Pinkie may have been oblivious to the dangers to her life, but when she caught on, her earth pony strength and access to hammerspace became a deadly combination. She broke Twilight's horn to keep her from teleporting away, and instantly, Pinkie had the upper hand, if she didn't before.

I guess you could say these results are now "cannon"!

The winner is Pinkie Pie.


Next time on DEATH BATTLE: Equestria:

The ultimate battle.

Loads of research, tons of comparisons, and several double- and triple-checks to make sure nothing is incorrect. This fight has been in the works since the first chapter, and it's almost ready to reveal. Soon, we will answer the question that has been on every brony's mind since the beginning of the show:

Who is the strongest of the mane six?


Got a suggestion for a Death Battle? Post a comment below suggesting matchups, or send me a PM with suggestions in it!

You may suggest OC characters, provided they are from a story on this site that is at least somewhat well-known.

Please do not suggest matchups that have already happened. You may suggest individual characters to appear in matches against a different opponent than one they have fought previously, but suggestions like those are less likely to be used (unless I REALLY like the idea).

PreviousChapters Next