• Published 18th May 2012
  • 12,436 Views, 1,757 Comments

Death Battle: Equestria - RLYoshi



Death Battle with ponies. Characters are researched, then pitted against each other in fights to the death, with pacifistic tendencies removed. Who would win in an Equestrian Death Battle?

  • ...
54
 1,757
 12,436

PreviousChapters Next
Tournament Battle 8: Blue Breeze VS Quick Fix

Pegasus OCs are pretty damn common - take out alicorns, and they may be the most common species used for original characters! So it makes sense we'd eventually come to a battle between two of them.

We've got Blue Breeze, the weather pony with wind-based powers...

...and Quick Fix, the former human and Agent of Discord! ...wait a second, didn't we just have one of those?

That was the Spawn of Discord, Arrell. This is completely different.

But-

I'm Yah-Shee and he's Arrell, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armour, and skills to find out who would win an Equestrian Death Battle!


Blue Breeze

Species: Pegasus pony
Occupation: Weather pony
Has special wind-based powers
Son of a Royal Guard
Immense knowledge of weather
Extremely determined

Born in Cloudsdale with a strong curiosity of how the Everfree Forest works-

Weird combination.

...Blue Breeze is a pegasus weather pony with special elemental powers, just like former contestants Dark Lightning and Vinetion Lutin.

He's got a huge array of wind-based powers! Like the Wing Wave, which consists of sharp winds launched from his wings that can cut most objects! Or the Blue Typhoon, which can launch even pillars that weigh several thousand pounds!

Uh...Arrell, we're not supposed to get into the attacks quite yet.

Oh...whoops. Uh...early preview?

Ugh...anyway. Blue Breeze grew up in Cloudsdale, but moved to Ponyville to continue investigating the many mysteries of the Everfree Forest. Specifically, he wanted to try and learn how the weather in the forest takes care of itself. Over time, as he studied this and continued trying to live an ordinary life otherwise, he met up with other ponies who had elemental powers similar to himself.

That's right, this guy is the keystone for all those elemental ponies we've seen! ...or that have gotten byes, like Ice.

In addition to befriending these ponies, Blue also made friends with the rest of the mane six, getting involved romantically with Rainbow-

TWO IN A ROW! TWO IN A BUCKING ROW! WHAT THE HELL!

...let's move onto the attacks.

Two in a bucking row...gah...

In addition to what Arrell mentioned earlier, Blue also has the Hurricane Hoof and Blustering Buck; two mostly similar attacks that consist of building up wind energy in his hooves to increase the strength of his punches or bucks. Hurricane Hoof is for his front legs, and Blustering Buck is for his hind legs.

No clue why they need different names, but hey, fine by me! I used to call my Royal Guard armor "Ted", and the helmet "Sheldon"!

...I don't think that's really the same thing as this, Arrell.

Eh. Moving on! Blue's got a ton of other attacks, but his most devastating one by far is the Blender!

This attack consists of Blue creating a giant tornado, which he then fires Wing Waves into, letting the waves get caught up in the winds and bounce around, creating the effect of a gigantic blender - hence the name. He can then manipulate the tornado with flaps of his wings, moving it around to catch enemies.

Will it blend? Damn right it'll blend if you're using this thing, son!

Despite his impressive moveset, Blue Breeze does not consider himself a fighter. He's normally a friendly and jokey pony, only getting into fights when absolutely necessary. He can rush into danger a bit too much at these points, going off instinct rather than planning. If this fails, however, he'll take the time to search for a weak point.

It helps that he can fight in both close combat and at a distance! He's been trained in hoof-to-hoof combat, and his father was a Royal Guard, so that says a lot about what he can do when he tries. And with those wind attacks, it'd be tough for any ordinary pony to do much to him! Hell, even the other elemental ponies have had trouble taking him down!

However, Blue's greatest strength has got to be his determination. Far beyond being just stubborn or resistant to pain, Blue has literally never given up unless he was physically incapable of moving. If he can still stand, he'll fight. If he can still move a hoof, he'll punch. He won't give up until he's unconscious or dead.

He once lost his wings while fighting the ruler of Tartarus itself and still kept going!

And I'm very glad you brought that up, Arrell, because that brings us to another point: his wings. After losing his wings in that battle, the princess gave him new griffon wings, allowing him to fly even faster than before and increasing the strength of his Wing Waves.

See? One does simply walk into Tartarus!

Being a weather pony, Blue also has knowledge of the environment, which he can use to his advantage. He also has a natural resistance to electrical attacks, though too much will still affect him. In addition to all this, he has at least some martial arts knowledge and can fight on his hind legs. This, in addition to his wind attacks and determination, makes him one of the deadliest "normal" ponies around.

Not bad for a guy who studies a forest all day.

"Whether it be a mountain, a freezing tundra, godly foes, or the apocalypse itself, I'm ready for whatever life throws at me... except maybe chimicherrychangas no longer being made."


Quick Fix

Real Name: Quentin Clemens
Species: Pegasus pony (formerly human)
Has "shivers" that alert him to danger
Natural resistance to magic
Can't fly well without a training cloud

Quentin Clemens was a 25-year-old human who, along with three friends and a dog, got pulled into Equestria due to a combination of Discord and a teleportation machine.

...what?

The reason he was sent there was, as it turns out, was for he and his friends to be soldiers for Discord in an upcoming war and bring about the Aponylypse.

...what?!

Honestly, I don't know either.

Gah...

Anyway...now known as Quick Fix, he has acquired a few powers since his arrival. One power in particular that he had even as a human, however, are his shivers. When something is going or about to go wrong, he'll be alerted in the form of a sudden shiver.

Of course, this can't just be used as some perfect Spider Sense ripoff. He gets the same shiver every time, no matter how big the problem is! From an argument next door to being about to be kicked in the balls, anything nearby that can be considered a case of something going wrong makes him shiver, so it's not the most reliable source of information!

He also has a natural resistance to magic, since he used to be a human and apparently that's how things work in this universe. He has been noted as being able to break "unbreakable" magical cuffs, get teleported only a few miles away rather than across the multiverse, and actually bite Discord's finger when he was supposed to be intangible.

I dunno about him, but I'd have been scrubbing my tongue for hours after that! I don't know where that finger's been!

Quick Fix also has a wooden staff, which comes with an orb on the top that can absorb magic of any type and form. Once charged, the gem can either launch a lightning ball, or simply hit with greater force than before. Naturally, the staff can be used as a weapon with or without this magical power, but due to staffs being more of defensive weapons, it likely wouldn't be very useful in this type of situation.

He also has a set of armour, designed by Rarity to be "Pinkie-Proof"! It can serve as body armour against sharp weapons, and can dull the pain of any attacks like any set of clothes would. Combined with the plating and chain-mail he later added, this makes him pretty defensive!

However, this armour is not just for the sake of having it. While he does know Tae Kwon Do and has been trained for other fighting purposes during his time in Equestria, Quick Fix is pretty easy to land some hits on when you get past his layers of defense. Magical resistance aside, he can't do much of anything against ranged attacks, due to having almost none of his own to fight back with.

That's right; the same guy who's taken down Royal Guards and timberwolves could be weak to a common bow and arrow!

Well, maybe not that bad...

Look at this, Yah! He can't even fly that well to get out of the way of stuff like that! He had to use a training cloud for a while!

That is a good point, but it should also be noted that Quick Fix has been implied to have the potential to be a rather good flyer. Even while using a training cloud, which slows down flight speed, he was able to keep up with Rainbow Dash before she went into a Sonic Rainboom. Plus, he doesn't need the training cloud anymore. He just...sometimes forgets to use his wings.

Still, being an adult pegasus who needs a training cloud even temporarily is probably one of the biggest stigmas a pegasus can earn! Sure, he's got justification because he used to be human, but I can't look at him and think "tough guy" anymore! I literally can't!

...it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Well, you're not the pegasus here, are ya?

Right...moving on. Quick Fix normally tries to plan, but has a habit of rushing into things and getting caught up in the heat of the moment. While he has survived everything thrown at him so far with surprising displays of combat skill, that sort of attitude rarely yields positive results.

Sadly.

That aside, Quick Fix's personality is rather ordinary and doesn't really affect his fighting performance. Nice sometimes, snarky other times, flirty all the time. Just your average human-turned-pony.

Discounting the whole "Discord's agent" thing, of course.

"So that's it. I spend days with being toyed with by Discord and brought to my mental breaking point, and now I'm just thrown out of it."


Alright, the combatants are set! Let's end this debate once and for all.

IT'S TIME FOR A PEGASUS EQUESTRIAN DEATH BATTLE!


Within the abandoned remains of an old town, an orange pegasus was trotting along, keeping an eye out around him for the opponent he knew he was going to face. Just when all seemed quiet, a bunch of dust was kicked up in front of him, and he jumped back.

Once the dust cleared, another pegasus stood, his large wings outstretched to increase his intimidation factor. The orange pony, unaffected by the tactic, just smirked and prepared his staff.

FIGHT!

Blue Breeze made the first move by flapping his wings, lifting himself up and causing another dust cloud. Quick Fix barely shut his eyes in time to avoid getting any dirt in them, while Blue hoisted himself several feet into the air.

After the dirt cleared away, Fix looked around for his opponent. He waited a bit too long to look up, and received a wind-charged Hurricane Hoof to the face. However, to Blue's surprise, Fix was only knocked over and not sent flying, with not even a bruise where the hoof connected with his cheek to show that the attack had ever happened.

Before the orange stallion could get up, the currently airborne pegasus flared his wings and shot out a Wing Wave. The sharp air scored a direct hit, but Fix merely flinched before finally standing up. Confused, Blue unleashed three more waves, all of which dissipated before they hit their mark as they were absorbed into the ball on top of his staff.

Grinning, Fix opened his wings and took to the air as well, swinging his staff as he neared the other pegasus. His attack was avoided, and so he continued swinging, sometimes trying to punch or kick instead. However, he had trouble focusing on attacking while keeping himself airborne, and so it was easy for Blue to dodge each attack as it came, though it kept him from having the time to fight back.

Finally, Blue ducked to the wrong direction, and the staff connected with his chest. He was shoved back and briefly lost control of his wings, causing him to fall. Fix chased after him, but before his blue foe hit the ground, he managed to start flapping his wings again and regain balance. Looking up, he barely had time to dart away before Fix's hoof connected with the spot he had just been in.

Recognizing a pattern in the attacks, Blue smirked a bit as he started flying back. Fix tried to give chase, but Blue had far more flight experience than he did, and he wasn't even half as fast. He eventually gave up and slowly descended to the ground, keeping an eye on his retreating opponent.

Blue, seeing this, realized that his assumption was true, and he started flying up. Once he was a fair distance in the air, he quickly turned and began to dive right at the ground-bound pegasus, spinning around as he did so until he was practically doing an imitation of a merry-go-round on crack.

Meanwhile, the author of this story wondered if he really just made that comparison.

Since the backspace key was not pressed, Blue continued his nosedive, while Fix watched from below. He obviously knew that Blue was trying to divebomb him, but he also knew that there was bound to be more to it. He had yet to see his opponent use an "ordinary" attack, so the chance of there being some magical element to this was high. He prepared his staff, aimed upward, and shot out a lightning ball directly at the incoming pegasus.

To Fix's surprise, the flying stallion didn't cut his attack short to avoid the incoming projectile, nor did he even try to maneuver around it. He just kept going, breaking right through the electricity without slowing down even a bit. Taken aback, Fix didn't even manage to move out of the way before Blue was right in his face, slamming two Hurricane Hooves into his chest. The staff went flying, while Fix was pinned to the ground.

Lifting his hoof, Blue tried to unleash yet another Hurricane Hoof, but Fix grabbed his appendage with visible strain. Twisting it, he forced Blue to weaken his grip, and shoved him off as he hopped up onto all fours. The yellow-haired pony didn't take much longer to recover, and when he did, he saw Fix scampering over to reclaim his staff.

Flying up into the air again, Blue started flying around in fast yet large circles. Down below, Fix had reclaimed his staff and was looking up, wondering what he was planning now. There wasn't any more magical energy in his staff, so he couldn't try another lightning ball - not like that worked very well before. Gritting his teeth, he flared his wings and lifted off of the ground.

Soon, however, he realized exactly what was going on, and his eyes widened. Blue had finished spinning and had now summoned a stationary tornado, which he was firing Wing Wave after Wing Wave into. Panicking, Fix flew over as fast as he could, hoping to catch him off guard before this got out of control.

He was too slow.

With a flap of his wings after finishing with the Wing Waves, Blue sent the tornado right at his incoming foe, who didn't have the time to stop and turn around. He got sucked in, losing his staff in the process, and began spinning around at extreme speeds. He tried to escape, but the tornado was too strong for his inexperienced wings.

Then, he saw the mass of Wing Waves converging in on him.

"...oh bu-"

The waves of sharp air sliced away at him before he could finish those two words. He screamed, his magical resistance not enough protection against the flurry of cuts that his body was subjected to. He felt his strength get sapped away with every opened wound, barely holding onto consciousness.

Finally, the tornado died down. The Wing Waves vanished, and Fix started falling to the ground...

...only to suddenly flare his wings out and catch himself, mere feet from hitting the hard dirt.

Blue, who had thought for sure he had won, looked startled as Fix suddenly began flying straight at him. He had one hoof cocked back and was moving at his rather surprising top speed, fire in his eyes. The stallion he was charging towards didn't have time to react before getting punched in the stomach, knocking the air out of him.

Having expended the energy from that attack, the orange pony grabbed onto Blue, dragging the latter down as he lost control of his wings. They plummeted towards the ground, Fix on top. If the fall didn't kill his foe, having another pony on top and crushing him in the landing definitely would.

Suddenly, Blue grinned, and flared his wings once more - but he didn't start flying. Instead, he quickly charged up some energy in them, pushed Fix off, and spun. His now-charged Wing Blades became like swords, and in one aileron roll, he cleaved Fix right in two.

As the two bloody halves of the orange stallion fell the rest of the way to the ground, Blue Breeze flapped his wings at last, kicking up the dirt on the ground for the third and final time before landing and trotting away.

K.O.


Thank you for flying with Kickass Airlines! Please gather your belongings and exit the arena!

While this battle was definitely tough to judge, it ultimately came down to offense against defense. Blue Breeze has a wide variety of attacks and ways to fight, while Quick Fix is more focused on staying alive and getting hits in when he can. In the end, offense triumphed.

Quick Fix may be resistant to magic, but he sure isn't immune! Whatever kind of magic powers Blue Breeze's attacks, it can't be completely nullified! Even if it could, there's still Blue's ability to use the weather to his advantage, not to mention his close combat training!

A magic-absorbing staff and a tough suit of armour don't make you a warrior, they make you a wall. Quick Fix may have had incredible strength, but all of his attacks were related to being in close quarters, and Blue Breeze was more than smart enough to not get in close unless he needed to. And with his speed and agility matched up against Quick Fix's only recently attained ability to fly - not to mention the somewhat bulky armour he wore - there was no way Quick Fix could close the gap between them himself.

Sure, Fix had that lightning ball attack, but Blue's been in the weather business and dealing with lightning clouds for so long, electricity doesn't do much of anything to him anymore! Even if he charged it with a few more magical Wing Waves, Bluey still probably would've done just as much damage to him with that Auger attack!

The battle could have easily gone a number of different ways if only some factors were different. If Quick Fix had ranged attacks besides the lightning ball from his staff's gem, he could have at least weakened Blue Breeze from afar. If he was a more experienced flyer, he could have kept up with Blue and caught him off guard at least once.

But in the end, Fix failed, and Blue was barely even winded!

The winner is Blue Breeze.


Next time on the Equestrian Death Battle Tournament:

The author who submitted Joey Subtle removed all the chapters in the story he came from. Therefore, Joey Subtle has been disqualified, and Winterjet gets a bye.

So the next battle will be Ace VS Azzal Kan!

Who will win? Who will die? Find out next time!

Author's Note:

I was gonna finish and release this on Monday, but since Fox McCloud VS Bucky O'Hare came out today, I decided to whip this up real quick using the inspiration I gained from that and put it out today instead.

This is going to be the last battle of November, since I'm spending the month on NaNoWriMo instead for the most part.

PreviousChapters Next