• Published 18th May 2012
  • 12,438 Views, 1,757 Comments

Death Battle: Equestria - RLYoshi



Death Battle with ponies. Characters are researched, then pitted against each other in fights to the death, with pacifistic tendencies removed. Who would win in an Equestrian Death Battle?

  • ...
54
 1,757
 12,438

PreviousChapters Next
Battle 2: Applejack VS Rainbow Dash

NOTE: I think I should mention something. When you suggest matchups, if I don't like the particular matchup but like the idea of using one of the characters in a fight, I may use that character in a different battle that wasn't directly suggested. This is unlikely to happen, however, as I will only do it if I consider the matchup a bad one, but have a great idea instantly for a fight for one of the fighters.

This probably won't happen; this is just a just-in-case warning in case it does, sort of like buying a fire ladder in case your house catches fire, even though it likely won't.

Now enjoy the fight.


There are a lot of pony rivalries around Equestria, some more focused on than others.

Such as the longtime bickering between Applejack, the earth pony farmer...

And Rainbow Dash, the pegasus Wonderbolts wannabe!

I'm Yah-Shee and he's Arrell, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armour, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.


Applejack

Type: Earth pony
Special talent: Apple farming
Occupation: Farmer at Sweet Apple Acres
Element of Honesty
Exceptionally powerful hind legs
Wears a Stetson
Has a stereotypical Southern accent

Born and raised right here in Ponyville, Applejack is a farmer at Sweet Apple Acres, a family business that supplies apples and apple products to various places.

She's physically the toughest of all the mane six, and definitely in the top 5 strongest characters on the entire show! Now that's one tough cookie!

Applejack has the natural raw power that comes with being an earth pony, but that was just a headstart for her. After years of applebucking, her bucking legs have become powerful enough to shatter solid wood with just one kick from one leg.

Too bad her front legs have to suffer. She doesn't use them for bucking, so they're a lot weaker.

Not only does AJ have skill in bucking, but also in rodeo events. One of her best weapons is a simple rope, tied into a lasso. She has absolute perfect aim and can produce the rope from out of nowhere.

What is it with ponies always having access to rope?!

Well, for Trixie she just used magic, but I'm not entirely sure where Applejack keeps her rope...maybe in her hat or something?

She's also apparently a heavy girl, as she once landed on what was basically a seesaw with Rainbow Dash on the other end, and sent her flying practically into orbit! ...or maybe Rainbow's just lightweight, I dunno.

Applejack is, more often than not, the straight mare of the group whenever Twilight doesn't fill the role, as she seems to have the least quirks of the mane six. However, she has her moments; when she focuses on doing something she becomes so stubborn and determined she will go several days without sleep to try and accomplish it.

She's stubborn as a mule!

That joke was already used in the show, Arrell.

I don't care, it's still true!

Moving on, while Applejack doesn't have the flight of a pegasus or the magic of a unicorn, she is still a challenging opponent to many. Her endurance and determination are unmatched, at one point even managing to place in every single event in a national rodeo.

And people say earth ponies are boring!

"That's how we do it down here on the farm!"


Rainbow Dash

Type: Pegasus
Special talent: Racing
Occupation: Weather control pony
Element of Loyalty
Tends to get egotistical
Likely the fastest flyer in Equestria
Can control weather
Temporarily replaced by Spike

Rainbow Dash is a pegasus pony who controls the weather around Ponyville. While she is often self-centered, she knows when to stop bragging and start working, especially when one of her friends is in danger.

...Sometimes.

She is almost certainly the fastest pony in all of Equestria, even at just her regular flying speed without any fancy tricks and maneuvers.

She can even go Mach 10 and break the visible light spectrum at the same time!

Yes, the Sonic Rainboom. We'll get into that a little later. Anyway, Rainbow loves flying, speed, racing, and most of all, winning. She hates losing more than just about anything.

And when she does lose, she takes it hard. I mean, really hard.

Thanks to being a pegasus pony, one of Rainbow's many skills is controlling the weather.

She can push around clouds, but that's not all! She can also create rain, lightning, and even tornadoes, all without breaking a bead of sweat! And that's just the stuff all pegasi can do; Rainbow has perfected a number of aerial tricks that give her a big advantage in anything that involves moving!

The most memorable of these tricks would be the famous Sonic Rainboom, in which she breaks the sound barrier and the visible light spectrum simultaneously, reaching Mach 10 speeds and creating a gigantic rainbow trail that gives off a brilliant light.

Rainbow Dash is the only pony in all of Equestria who can pull off this trick that we know of, and she's only gotten better over time. The first time she did it, it was a complete accident, but years later she could force it...though it took a lot of practice and failures.

Now, Rainbow can perform the Sonic Rainboom literally on command, even against gravity.

And when stuff needs to be destroyed, she can weaponize the Sonic Rainboom to create a giant explosion that destroys entire barns!

She also appears to have a bit of combat skill; she has a black belt in karate and fights off Changelings with little effort. Rainbow is usually arrogant, smug, and prideful. However, underneath her brash exterior, she truly cares for her friends and would go to any extent to help them.

Though she probably wouldn't admit it.

"What'd I say? Ten. Seconds. Flat."


Alright, the combatants are set! Let's end this debate once and for all!

IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!


Applejack trotted into the field, ready to fight. She didn't have to look far for her opponent, as the cyan pegasus swooped down from the sky and hovered a few inches off the ground, facing her. The farmer pawed the ground and snorted, eager to begin.

FIGHT!

Applejack charged, but Rainbow Dash didn't stick around. She flew up into the sky, using the power of flight to her advantage. Applejack skidded to a stop and watched her fly up, teeth gritted. After a moment of thought, she pulled out a rope.

Rainbow flew around the sky for a short bit, looking for the perfect angle. At last, she stopped, turned towards her ground-bound foe, and flew down at her. She didn't see the orange mare twirling a lasso, instead focusing on her dive-bomb. A few seconds before impact, she felt her body be suddenly pulled in another direction, throwing her off.

Applejack pulled on the lasso that she had thrown and caught Rainbow in, pulling the pegasus down to her level. Since the rainbow-maned mare was still confused and disoriented, the farmer began beating up on her with all of her force. She kept up the assault for a short while until Rainbow pulled away, snapping the rope off of her body.

The two began to exchange close-range attacks. Rainbow delivered an uppercut to Applejack's chin, knocking her up, but the farmer turned in midair and bucked Rainbow into the ground with all of her force. Rainbow stood up and tried the same thing, but Applejack caught her legs in her lasso and spun her around before slamming her into the ground. The cyan pegasus, dazed, stood up and flew off before the earth pony could start another assault.

Soaring through the sky, Rainbow grabbed a thunder cloud and flew back down with it. Applejack saw this and began running, avoiding the bolts of lightning Rainbow forced out of it. Aggravated, Rainbow threw the cloud away and began flying around Applejack in circles.

The farmer stopped running, looking at her opponent in confusion. Suddenly, she felt wind forming around her, and she was lifted slowly into the air. She tried to run, but with her hooves off the ground, she couldn't do anything other than flail helplessly. The tornado lifted her higher and higher into the air, until she couldn't even see the ground anymore.

Suddenly, Rainbow burst in, delivering kicks and punches to Applejack as she flew by several times. The farmer could only spin in the air and take the hits, not even able to fight back. Eventually, the tornado ceased, and Rainbow grabbed the weakened earth pony.

Rainbow flew up as high as she could before turning and flying down, a cone of air forming around her before suddenly exploding, causing her to zoom forward at top speed with a rainbow trail behind her. She aimed straight for the ground, crashing into it and creating a gigantic explosion, leaving a rainbow-coloured mushroom cloud.

As the smoke cleared, Rainbow stood proudly as she gazed upon the bits and pieces of Applejack spread around her, grinning smugly.

K.O.


BOOM! Haha!

Applejack may have strong hind legs and be the sanest of the mane six, but Rainbow has flight, speed, training, and a variety of tricks that gave her an advantage.

Plus, while Applejack can buck trees, trees don't usually lift you into the air where you can't do a thing but take the hits and hope for the best!

Rainbow's weather manipulating and achievement of impossible feats easily outclasses a simple farmer's life. Even if she hadn't used that Sonic Rainboom as a finishing blow, Applejack would have likely been killed anyway by falling from that great a height.

Now, all we have to do is sit back and watch the Applejack fans "explode" with anger!

The winner is Rainbow Dash.


Next time on DEATH BATTLE: Equestria:

Two characters with similar backstories, powers, and weapons fight to determine which of them is the more powerful dimensional traveller. Come back then for the first - but definitely not last - battle to feature OC characters.


Got a suggestion for a Death Battle? Post a comment below suggesting matchups, or send me a PM with suggestions in it!

You may suggest OC characters, provided they are from a story on this site that is at least somewhat well-known.

Please do not suggest matchups that have already happened. You may suggest individual characters to appear in matches against a different opponent than one they have fought previously, but suggestions like those are less likely to be used (unless I REALLY like the idea).

PreviousChapters Next