• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 15,910 Views, 803 Comments

I'm a loli?!? - aterriblewriter



I didn't expect this in the morning..... why the hell do i have tentacles, and why are there talking ponies all over the place here? i'm just gonna try to stay home.

  • ...
69
 803
 15,910

My First Day at School

The rest of the week passed by slowly. There were a few things that I've learned during the week that blew my mind, the cloud moving pegasi being one of them. I spent the rest of that day trying to figure out how they are able to do that, before chalking it up to magic. Another thing was that there was at least five different town-wide musicals, further cementing my theory that I'm in a world based off of a children's show.

I've spent whatever time I had alone 'discovering' things about my new body, er, not in 'that' way! The first thing I've found was a large metal hole in my lower back that, upon discovery, made me panic worse than Private Hudson in Aliens. Oddly enough, the hole looked like one of those old windup toys' key slots. Another thing I've found was the numerous barely noticeable scars all over my body, most of them concentrated my back, surprising me that Rarity even missed all that, thinking she's probably the type of person who pays attention to the smallest detail. I've tried my best to not think about what happened to the girl I'm in, just wanting to live as normal as I can in a magical pony populated world, as pointless as it was. I have had a few mental breakdowns in the middle of the night, in my vain attempt at trying to keep anyone from worrying about me. The last thing I'd like to say is that the bathroom visits are getting less..... uncomfortable.

Ash has done her best during the week she's been with me. She's a little overbearing, if not protective of me, seeing as she isn't too far behind me if I leave the house. I know she means well, but I would love some time to explore the town on my own. We came to the silent agreement that she would let me do the cooking, after I made some dinner she absolutely loved, some lasagna without meat, if you must know. I've even hid all of the meat in the fridge and freezer, worried about their reactions at seeing it, ya know, herbivorous species and all that. On the matter of the letters that freaked out Ash, I'm pretty sure she sent them to Celestia, seeing that she deals with the other nations all the time. Oh, and I almost forgot! Ash had her own party, courtesy of Pinkie Pie. Granted, she was a little upset that it was at my house in the middle of the night.

Spike showed up every so often, sometimes with a bag of heart shaped candies, and tried to give me a head start at learning Equish. I can't say it was a complete failure, seeing as I learned how to say a few words, even if they may be a little unintelligible at times. There were the few times he, dare I say it, was cute. One time was when he had spent the night at my place one night and...

Flashback two days ago

"Zzzzzzzzzz......" A familiar noise came from the weight on my shoulder, making me almost cry in frustration.

Little did I know at the time that spike was staying at my place that night. I was teaching him how to play some of my games, wanting another person to hang with. I do tend to get lonely when I have a game that has co-op things to do on it, like Portal. I had dragged a small couch to my T.V, Spike and I sitting together with controllers in our hands. I had tried my best to explain how to play the game without using words and ended up satisfied with the results, he was a quick learner. We've been playing for quite a while, passing the various puzzles with relative ease.

"Uh, Spike? You better not be doing what I think you are doing..." I mutter, slowly turning my head to look. He passed out, his head resting against my shoulder. I give a little sigh, having a tentacle turn the game off.

I look out the window and blink. "Huh..... Time flies when you are hangin' out with a dragon." I think, seeing that it had gotten pretty dark out. "Now, what to do........ I don't think I could be mean to him and just wake him up....... Nah, you don't just wake a man up from his sleep, I know that firsthand." I slowly try to shimmy away from him, only to have him mumble and wrap his arms around me, effectively trapping me in his embrace like an overgrown teddy bear.

"I hate my life and everything it has become....." I mumble, letting out a few curses whenever his claws dug into my skin.

Jynx kept silent laughing at my misfortune, making me glare at her. Meanwhile, Crystal sent multiple feelings equivalent to a massive blush, seriously, she was blushing somehow! Sylphid sent pretty much nothing on her side, I could've sworn I felt faint amusement from her at the time. Freya kept trying to attack Spike's face and, to her growing anger, just couldn't do anything to him, Spike kept shrugging off each slap and held me closer to him.

"Freya.... Stop it! Now! His scales are starting to hurt!" I whisper urgently. "You can get him back in the morning, just...... wait until then, please?" Freya glowed red, sending feelings of anger. "Please don't make this anymore worse than it has to be." Freya sent a sigh down her connection, already planning her way of getting back at him.

I smile, happy that she she's stopping her assault. Spike then wrapped his tail around my leg, murmuring something under his breath with a smile and cuddling closer to me, thus making the situation worse. I sigh and resign to my fate, noticing his body practically radiated heat.

A little bit before I fell asleep, Sylphid grabbed a nearby blanket and draped it over us, sending love over her connection. I blush at the feeling, noticing the hidden message underneath, it pretty much said, "Don't deny it, you like him too don't you?"

I sigh and take a closer look at the sleeping drake cuddling me like an overgrown teddy bear, grimacing at the single thought I had at what I saw. "......Cute......"

The next morning was embarrassing for the both of us, we both woke up to the sounds of giggling coming from Twilight and Ash. They both saw Spike was holding onto me like a teddy bear and I was cuddling in return. I swear on my life, I must have done it in my sleep.

End of flashback

Twilight and Ash still joke about that..... I think, still can't understand them.

The three fillies still come over to hang out, Zoe a little more than the rest. I swear, she came every day that week, regardless if her friends were with her or not. She usually came over early, around breakfast, and we both passed time with my stuff. She liked my collection of little gundam figurines, especially gundam Epyon. We both had little gundam wars and the like in my room. I did find it weird that she kept giving me weird looks during those times.

Oh, yeah.... I'm pretty sure they made me a member of their group. They even had a little initiation ceremony that, in the end, they gave me a little cape with the silhouette of a pony on the back. I pretty much just smiled and nodded my way through that entire thing, not really knowing what to do.

Another thing that happened during the week was that I kept changing my clothes to different show themes, much to Rarity's growing curiosity. There wasn't much else on her end to note, aside from her stopping me and taking notes on the clothes.

Twilight showed up on occasion, blasting a few spells that bounce right off me. Towards the end of the week, I presume that is when she stopped altogether on using magic to solve the language problem. That still doesn't mean she stopped coming, she comes over with a scroll and quill to make 'observations.' I guess it's fine, she's not blasting me with magical energies anymore, so that's a plus. Ash and I made a silent agreement to NOT show her the crystal in the basement, seeing as she would go crazier that she already is. Although..... Twilight did freak a little when my tentacles made some candy out of nothing, I guess it is not normal for magic to be used like that.

Well, anyways, today is my first day of school, judging from the school supplies that Ash had gathered yesterday. Today, I am wearing Ia's clothes, having my tentacles come out of sleeves, finding it weird that all the cosplay stuff fits me perfectly.

"-Are you ready, Dakota?-" Ash asks, looking at me with excitement and opening my front door. "-Oh, who am I kidding! You probably aren't!-" laughing nervously, she shrugs. "-I-I mean you are the only of your kind in the whole school, even the whole world! Even I would be nervous.-"

I raise an eyebrow at her attitude, seeing that she is more nervous than a kitten in a dog show. Waving her nervousness off, I pick up my backpack and wordlessly walk out the door, heading in the direction of the school. She quickly sped to my side, giving me the feeling that this is the first time she had to take a kid to school. The whole trip was a lesson in patience, Ash worried the whole way, quite loudly I might add.

We eventually got there, meeting Zoe and her friends out front. I give a small wave and say a good morning.

"-Can I trust you girls to keep her out of trouble for me?-" Ash asks, using one of her wings to ruffle my hair, much to my amusement.

The three nod in affirmative and quickly drag me inside, excited to show me off. We get inside the classroom and I broke off from their group, dropping my backpack off next to a desk on the front left of the classroom and sat down, quickly noticing that the seat was a little strange, It was basically a stool with no back. I pulled out a book that had some Minotaurs and Gryphons on the cover from my backpack and started to look through it, waiting for the teacher to start class.

Unknown to me, some of the other kids flocked around my desk, observing my every movement curiously. Each of my tentacles did their thing, Sylphid trying to help me read by pointing out some patterns in the text, Freya sending annoyance down her connection, Crystal extending and examining the group of kids with excitement, and Jynx doing her best to make me stop looking at the book.

I felt something start petting Crystal, making me shiver at the feeling. I put the book down, to the joy of Jynx, and turn the group with a smile on my face. I notice a scrawny pegasus petting Crystal gently, causing her to send joy down her connection. "What do ya want? Oh, wait, lemme guess, ya guys wanna ask questions?" I almost laugh at the blank looks on their faces. "-I naps wordz goodz.-" I explain in their language, hoping I got it right.

I probably should've said this earlier. To put it lightly, Equish is really hard to speak. It is like trying to combine horse whinnies with an angry German accent, pretty much impossible for me to to even pronounce. It kinda worked like Pokéspeak, different tones meant different words, confusing the hell out of me.

They blinked at my broken Equish, not really expecting me to say anything recognizable. A little filly started laughing uncontrollably, probably at what I said.

"Oh, look, it's the tiara wearing one."

"-Tiara~-" a pony to my left lightly scolds. "-Don't be mean to her. Remember that talk we had?.-"

"-And there's Glasses.-"

"-I'm sorry, Spoon. It's just, he he, I didn't expect her to talk like that.-" Tiara apologizes, still giggling a little. "-I guess she caught a few words here and there during the week. Right, Spoon?-"

"-I suppose so, Tiara.-" Glasses says with a shrug. "-Less work for Ms. Cheerilee.-"

"-Hey! She's our friend! Why are you two so interested in her, anyways?-" Zoe asks, upset that Tiara laughed at me.

"-Not me, blank flank.-" Tiara corrects, pointing at Glasses. "-She's the one who has a little crush on that freak. I'm just worried for her.-"

Whatever Tiara said caused the whole room go silent and look at Glasses, who was blushing at the attention. Glasses gave Tiara a look that was a cross between betrayed and embarrassed.

"-Tiara, could you come with me, please?-" Glasses calmly asks,hiding her embarrassment behind a cool exterior and dragging Tiara away to the corner of the room by her tail, getting in a quiet argument when they got there.

Everyone started to talk amongst themselves, probably about whatever Tiara said. Zoe and her group took their seats closest to me, talking amongst each other. I did, however, miss the worried glances they sent in my direction.

"-Okay class, time to take your seats.-" The teacher announced, having been watching all this from her desk.

I watched as everyone sat at their seats, noticing that Tiara and Glasses seemed to come to an agreement. Glasses took a few nervous glances at me, looking a little embarrassed. We ended up making eye contact, me raising an eyebrow at the look, making her blush and look away. I think I saw Tiara send me a few jealous glares, I can't be too sure.

"-Alright, class, I have an announcement.-" Teach announces, gaining the students' attention. "-As most of you may already know, Dakota will be starting to come to class as of today.-" She says, every student taking a glance at me in response. "-As you all heard earlier, she can barely speak Equish, so I'll be teaching her it, meaning, all of you will get review work until she can read Equish, at the very least.-" The last little bit elicited some stray groans of boredom.

Teach pulled out some worksheets from her desk with her mouth and made her rounds passing them to each student, except me. Once that was done, she pulled out a few sheets of paper with some drawings on them from her desk and placed them on my desk.

"Oh, great. More pony runes." I think after taking a closer look at the drawings. "Let's see here..... At least four different versions of the horseshoe..... Two kinds of pony heads, one with horn, the other without.... Two that look like the sun.... Is this their alphabet? Huh..... Gotta be about ten times the amount of characters in this. Maybe it's some kind of hieroglyphic thing?" I shrug at the thought, none too excited to learn this.

Seeing my confusion, Teach pointed at one rune and sounded it out, making me more confused than I already was. Glasses was watching this with some amusement. "-Why don't you have her write out her alphabet? Maybe you two can make some connections between them.-" She suggests, wanting to help.

Teach smiled at the suggestion. "-Good idea, Silver Spoon. Come here, you can help us with this.-" She says, calling Glasses over to us. Glasses slowly came over, almost hesitant get close to me, blushing like mad.

There were some stray giggles coming from some students, a certain tiara wearing individual in particular was the most prominent. Glasses silenced Tiara with an unamused glare, to which Tiara responding by mouthing something, making Glasses blush even harder than before. Glasses took her spot next to me, smiling nervously.

After some rather creative charades on the teacher's part, I had got the what she was saying. I wrote the English alphabet in pencil and placed it down right next to the paper with pony runes, ready to get on with this.....

One eternity later

"Sometimes, I wish Morgan Freeman could just come and explain things to me.... Seriously, I can't believe this." I blink at the writing in front of me. I had pulled out a notebook earlier and, some help, deciphered some of the pony runes. It looks like each rune represents a word. There were some obvious translations, like the unicorn rune and the sun rune.

Glasses and the teacher had helped out a lot with the translations. We started with the basics, naming some random objects. We started with an apple that the teacher had on her desk. The thing they wrote was literally a goddamn mini drawing of an apple, bear in mind, they don't even have hands! They drew the thing with the old ink and quill, in their mouths!.

We ended up passing around translations of random things in both English and pony runes until a bell rung, making some of the kids cheer. Most of the class ran outside to the little playground, leaving just me, Glasses, Tiara, Zoe, Jessie, Lisa and the teacher in the classroom. The kids ran up to Glasses and I, probably wanting to take me out with them.

"-Can Dakota come play with us, Ms. Cheerilee?-" Lisa asks, putting on her cutest face.

"-Hmm.... I suppose she could... We've made some good progress, thanks to Silver Spoon over here.-" Teach smiles, causing Glasses to blush.

The trio cheered and started to drag me outside, much to my annoyance. I sigh and give a little wave before I get dragged out of the room, getting used to being dragged by these crazy ponies. I zoned out while they continued dragging me, thinking about what my life has become.

"Sigh.... This doesn't help my confidence any, being dragged around my three pony kids......."

My depressing train of thought was derailed after I noticed that we stopped at a swing set, confusing the hell out of me that they can even use them. Lisa sat down on the seat just like a normal human kid. I decided to not question anything in this insane world I'm in after seeing that.

Zoe gives me a little push towards the swing set, looking a little excited to play with me. I hop on the seat, wanting to show off a little, and start doing what I haven't done in a while, gain enough momentum to launch myself into the air and nail the landing. The rest of the kids outside flock to see me, probably wondering what I'm gonna do. I saw some new faces in the crowd, a brown colt with a propeller hat and a whitish-pinkish filly with an almost unruly red mane wearing the most gaudy glasses I've ever seen.

I gave a big smile and launched myself off the seat, having gained enough momentum. I few over the small crowd, feeling all their eyes on me. The tentacles panicked and speared the ground, leaving me suspended in the air. All four of them sent feelings of annoyance at my little stunt, Freya more than the others. The feelings changed to joy after our audience started cheering, thinking it was all part of my plan.

Jynx, feeling mischievous, retracted and made my little tentacle tower fall, taking me with it. Much to my pain and the audience's amusement, I landed on my face. The trio helped me up, looking a little worried. I wave them off, brushing the dirt off my clothes. Feeling a little upset that my plan didn't work, I walk off to a nearby bench with a small frown.

The crowd dispersed, going to do their own thing. I spotted Glasses and Tiara over at a little picnic table, looking like they were scheming something. The propeller hat kid took a hesitant seat next to me, pulling out a small device from his saddlebags with his hooves. I raise an eyebrow at the thing, genuinely curious about what it does. It was controller shaped with an oversized screen in the center and some big buttons on both sides. On the back was a small slot with a cartridge inserted into it, looking vaguely familiar.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that it was a gam-" I blink, seeing him turn it on with a flick of a switch on the side. The screen lit up, showing some pixelated ponies on some kind field, one of them riding a giant chicken-thing, while the others were chasing after her. Some nostalgic music flowed from the device, making me smile at the memories.

"Lemme guess, that is called Pony Fantasy here?" I muse with a shrug, having learned to accept damn near everything strange I've seen as some kind of norm. "Mind if I watch?" I ask, briefly forgetting the language barrier.

He looked at me with curious eyes, pressing a few buttons with his hooves and navigating the menus out of the corner of his eyes. I gesture towards his game then my eyes, earning an eager smile and nod from the guy. I get a little closer to take a closer look, spotting his little sprite moving through an old castle.

We both sat there, enjoying the little game. He had passed it to me at one point, having lost at one point to a giant dragon thing, looking a little upset. I gave him a look, questioning why he had even gave it to me, It was all in pony runes. Seeing him shrug, I take the thing from his grip. I had some trouble holding onto it, seeing as it was a little awkward to work the buttons. I had even surprised him at how good I did, having beat the dragon. I just relied on my memories of the game's human counterpart, seeing as they were pretty much identical.

"-What!-" He exclaimed, making me flinch at his nasally voice. "-How did you even beat him?!? You can't even read it!-" I shrug at his loud outburst, making him blink. "-You got lucky.....-" He mutters in disbelief. "-Yeah, that's what happened.-" He nods, seemingly pleased with this explanation.

I pass the game back, finishing with saving the progress. He takes it with one hoof, putting it back in his bag. I hold out my fist, happy to find another gamer like me. He bumps it with a hoof, grinning at my attitude.

"Let's see here.... What am I gonna call this guy?..... Gamer will do, I guess."

Glasses and Tiara came over, having finished with whatever they were doing. Glasses looked at Gamer, seemingly confused as to why I was hanging out with him. Tiara looked a little disgusted at the sight of him.

"-What are you doing hanging out with that freak? Nopony else wanted to play those dumb games?-" Tiara asks, sounding like she hated the guy. Gamer looked a little dejected at what Tiara said, his ears drooping like a sad dog.

"-Tiara....-" Glasses sighed, pushing up her glasses with a hoof. "-We literally just talked about this, not even three minutes ago.-" She points out, earning a blush from Tiara.

Tiara shrugged. "-Sorry, won't happen again.-" She apologized, giving Glasses a sheepish smile.

"-Knowing you, it probably will.-" Glasses muttered under her breath, before turning to us with a gentle smile. She waved at me, motioning me to follow her.

"Nice change of pace, not being dragged around." I smile and get up from my seat, giving Gamer a little wave. He looked between Tiara and I, frowning a little and waving back.

I nonchalantly followed the duo to their table, wondering what they want to show me. Glasses pulled out some paper and a quill, starting to write. I look to Tiara, raising an eyebrow and getting a confused shrug in return. In a few minutes, Glasses passed me her note. I blink in surprise at what she wrote.

"Wow...... I did not expect her to learn to write English that fast...."

The whole thing was written in English. It had a few errors here and there, but, all in all, still readable.

(Hello, my name Silver Spoon. My friend, the one next to you, Diamond Tiara. Sorry you can't read much this, It hard to learn you words in little time. Would like to know if you want to be friend and go some place wit us after school.)

"Okay, it's official, this kid is my best friend!" I give my biggest smile at the thought. I look at Spoon and nod, happy to now know her real name. I cheered internally, a proud that I got Tiara's name spot on.

Spoon smiled, looking like she was both really proud of what she did and excited to hang out with me after school. Tiara coughed, gaining our attention.

"-What did you write?-" Tiara asks, looking a little jealous.

"-Oh, nothing, just asking if she would like to go hang out with us after school.-" Spoon says absentmindedly, not noticing Tiara's surprised look.

The bell rung again, most of the kids slowly walking back inside. I look at Spoon and Tiara, giving them a little wave and started to make my way to the classroom, leaving them to their business.

Once I got back to the classroom, I saw the few kids pulling paper bags out of their saddlebags. I slowly come to the realization that it's lunchtime for the school, feeling a little stupid. I genuinely thought that it could be one of those schools with a cafeteria, where they serve some crappy school food. I had made the mistake to not pack a lunch......

"So THAT'S why Ash kept giving me weird looks when I didn't want to bring lunch.... God, I'm stupid." I resisted the urge to hit myself.

Slowly, I took my seat, ignoring the curious stares in my direction. I look at my tentacles, sending my embarrassment down the connections. They all move to 'look' at me, making me laugh nervously and blush.

"Can ya do me a solid and make me lunch?" I hesitantly ask, not quite liking the way they are 'looking' at me.

Crystal bobbed up and down, giving me the impression of nodding. Freya lightly slapped my forehead, sending disappointment down her connection. Sylphid..... Surprisingly enough, sent nothing down her end, glowing a little in response. Jynx just sent amusement down her connection and glowed purple.

They all turned towards my desk, glowing all at once, a football sized rainbow colored blob appearing on the desk. Everyone watched in awe as the blob slowly took shape. In a few minutes, it formed my lunch. There was a can of orange soda and a big steaming bowl of ramen with, of all things, chopsticks. The moment they stopped glowing, I felt the drain, making me pant a little from exhaustion. I couldn't complain, free is free. I thank them and give each one a few good scratches on their sides, making all of them send love down their connection.

My audience did their own version of an applause, stomping their hooves on the floor. Some of the unicorns in the class looked at their horns, probably wondering how I did that.

"Nothing to see here, go back to eating yer food." I say, starting figure out how to use the chopsticks and eat. They all took my advice and went back to eating.

"Mmmm, chicken, my favorite. Thanks, guys." I gave each tentacle another scratch on the side, feeling pretty good about today.

Meanwhile, in the Badlands.

Change to 3rd person POV.

Underneath the desolate wasteland, inside a network of caverns, was a secret kingdom. Inside of the largest cavern, was a massive, chitinous castle-like structure, home to one of the most resourceful queens ever to live..... Her name is Queen Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings.

Inside the Queen's chamber, lied Chrysalis on a bed made of a gently glowing green jelly, her cerulean membrane-like mane covering her eyes as she slept. The room was silent, while the outside was abuzz with rumors, news of the new creature in Equestria. The love gatherers had finally come back to deliver their weekly harvest of love, bringing with them news of the outside world.

Chrysalis' slumber was disturbed by a loud banging on the door, making her moan in disappointment, she was having a good dream! There was love for everyling, not the rationing out of the meager stores they had now.

"My queen! I apologize for the disturbance, but I bring some important news!" A deep voice loudly chirps from behind the large stone door entrance to her room. The queen sighed in resignation, having heard of this 'important' news before. Tapping into her hive's connection, she allows the guard to enter the room.

He was a big changeling, bigger than most. His frill was torn up, looking like something tried to eat it. He had scars on most of his chitin, souvenirs of him proving himself multiple times in the Pitt, an arena he frequents in the nearby cavern. He was missing an eye from an encounter with one of the creatures in the Badlands. The holes in his legs were more jagged, nowhere near the smooth holes that most of the other lings have. He stopped his entrance at a respectable distance from her bed.

Briefly, she wondered why she had even let him in her personal guard. "He is one of the most capable lings in the hive..... That's why." She thought to herself, remembering his displays of fighting prowess in the Pitt.

"My queen, there is word that a new creature appeared in the neighboring nation, Equestria." He informs, his voice sounded like he ate nails and washed them down with rocks.

"Interesting..... Tell me more, Six Six." The queen commands, genuinely curious about this new event.

"I can only go by what I heard from the gatherers, my queen. It is a pale skinned bipedal mammal, with no fur anywhere, except for the white tuft on its head. The gatherers say that it has some even stranger traits than that, it has four tentacles, seeming to act on their own. Another thing is...... Well....." He trailed off, not really sure how to go about telling his queen the next few things.

"Well? What is it?" Chrysalis asks, confused at Six Six's hesitation.

"Bear in mind, my queen. They say it.... Came to be there from a massive magical surge, the likes of which only theorized by scholars, a week ago."

Chrysalis blinked in surprise, not really expecting that. "Y-You mean....!"

"Affirmative, my queen. The magic ripped it here, with its home none the less." The guard confirms, turning towards the door. "I believe that one of the gatherers had brought a newspaper with a picture of the being, I'll go acquire it." He started to exit, only to stop at the sound of his queen getting off her bed.
"Wait.... Before you go, tell me.... D-Did the gatherers return with a good harvest?" She asks, hesitation making her voice tremble.

The guard, as tough as he was, couldn't work up the heart to turn around to face his queen.

"No...... No, they didn't....."

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I took so long, guys. I had my first bit of writers block in this chapter. I've even figured out to do some new things with my tablet in the meantime!

So.....I'm never really sure what to put in these things... Meh...

Oh. Right! Uh, the winners of the pet poll!

The Nargacuga won. The next chapter will have him show up sometime soon.... Just have to find that draft I have laying around here....

I want to hear your ideas on what poison joke will do to Dakota. I have one idea where it turns him into a dragoness.... I'll let you guys come up with alternatives for that.

As always, I love all of you guys that read this.

Makes me soo happy.:rainbowkiss: