• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 3,028 Views, 60 Comments

The Snuggle Conspiracy - CategoricalGrant



Your OC is thrust into the hooves of various ponies and snuggled. And as he finds himself brought to the attention of other snuggle-happy ponies and pushed into politics, he must ask himself what he truly values. Now with 90% useless fluff!

  • ...
4
 60
 3,028

The Huggable Daylights (Fluttershy)

Author's Note:

It's my Birthday today! I wanted to get this, the SECOND LAST chapter of the Snuggle Conspiracy, up today :)
I have to give a sincere thank you to everyone who's stuck with this story, as it's been over a year. When the next chapter is up, the mystery will be solved...and I have a great way to end the story. :trollestia:
Again, thanks to everyone who has shown support! Love you all! :scootangel:
PM me if you ever want to talk or need an editor.

You run into town. You count at least five columns of smoke rising from the center of Ponyville, and you run to the one closest to you. As you round the corner, you realize to your horror that the house is Cloudchaser’s and Flitter’s. The twins are outside, covered in soot. Flitter is sitting on her snowy lawn bawling her eyes out, while Cloudchaser was flying about attempting to assist the small team of beleaguered fireponies as best as she could.

You began to head over to see how you could help when you noticed that the one of the other columns of smoke was coming right from your house. Pushing all worries about the twins out of your mind, you rush through town toward your home. On the way, you dart through the public square, and past the burning remains of Sugarcube Corner. You have to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge your way through the giant cluster of ponies that have gathered in the public square to bemoan the loss of their favorite gathering place and stare at its charred frame.

You reach your house, finally. The fireponies have gotten to it before the fire spread out of control, and only smoke and superficial damage are present to betray the recent presence of fire. Relieved, you catch your breath, panting.

After only about a minute, a local policepony trots up to you. “Sir, are you, uh, Princess Luna’s inquisitor?”

“Y..Yes,” You gasp out, trying to regain some semblance of composure.

“Sir, we got the arsonist. I was told to bring you to him.”


You stare through the one-way window into the police interview room. There he was; the same stallion that followed you around in the night just a few short days ago.

You were going to tear him to pieces.

Just before you flung open the door to the interview room, Cloudchaser came running in with Flitter in tow. “Girls!” you cry, wrapping them both in a big hug. “I’m so glad that you’re both alright!”

They nuzzle you back. “Flitter has something she needs to tell you,” Cloudchaser prompted.

Flitter swallowed hard. “Th-that stallion… he’s the same one that robbed our house…and now he burnt it…” She fought valiantly to hold back tears. You were proud of her emotional strength. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you the night we saw him but…I was too spooked.”

You rub your chin in thought. “The same pony? Well, then I know exactly how to play this. Thanks, Flitter.” With that, you buck open the door to the interview room.

The stallion inside seems unfazed.

You begin the interrogation. “So, you’re the firebug, huh? Funny, I remember seeing you follow me around town just a few days ago. You were watching my house too, if I recall.” You glare at the big-framed stallion across from you.

He glowered back. “I told the police the same thing I’m gonna tell you- bite me. I ain’t saying a thing.”

You flash a dastardly smile. “Oh? Since you were following me, I’m sure you’re prepared to face the consequences of arson against the property of an inquisitor- which, Princess Twilight tells me, doubles any sentence laid down for the crime.”

The stallion shivered a little bit. It seems he bought your bluff; Princess Twilight probably would have told you to shove it had you asked for her help. Although, you were quite certain there was an odd layer of snuggly tension underneath all your unpleasant dealings with her.

“Don’t like that, huh? Prepared to serve seven years but not fourteen? Well, let’s pile on the two other arsons, endangering civilians, vandalism of farm equipment and, oh, right, I almost forgot: the assault of Flitter and Cloudchaser during your break-in. We could probably swing you on stalking charges as a result, and even push an attempted murder charge.”

The stallion smacks his lips as if his mouth has become a desert. A look of horror starts to sweep across his visage.

“So, altogether that’s…let’s see…” You pretend to do some math in your head, moving your hooves around gently as if to accentuate the process of mental calculation. “Oh…you may never get out of prison. That is, unless you tell me who hired you. Then we may be able to work out a plea bargain that gets you out in a few years.”

“You…You have no idea how high up this goes!” cried the stallion. “I’d be better off not telling you, and you’d be safer not knowing!”

You narrow your eyes. “Try me.”

The stallion sighs deeply. “…Okay.”


You stand on a makeshift platform in town square, flanked by two of Princess Luna’s night guards. You can hear a great deal of chatter from all of the ponies around, none of it good or constructive.

“Why are all of these buildings on fire!? We want an explanation!”

“Let’s burn down Town Hall, that’ll get them talking!”

“Sugarcube Corner is gone! It must have been farmers! Who else would burn down a bakery!? Round up all the farmers!”

At this point, you had had enough. “CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE,” you cry out, hoping that you had perfected the Royal Canterlot voice during your time with Luna. “BE SILENT.”

The noise slowly peters out until just about everypony in the square was silent and looking at the strange pony standing on a box next to two royal night guards. You clear your throat gently before continuing. “This is all part of an ongoing corruption investigation led by me, Princess Luna’s royal inquisitor.” You pause for a moment, impressed at how far your voice carries over the crowd without too much effort. “We have the suspect in custody and will be making further arrests tomorrow. DO NOT turn on your neighbors, as they are not involved. All is well. Please return to your homes and avoid any unnecessary movement this evening.”

A wave of calm seemed to wash through the audience. A few ponies exhaled. A mare that you recognized as one of the owners of the flower shop fainted. You knew you had solved the problem and maintained public order, and you were proud.

That is, you thought all of that until the shouting started up again.

“He’s in league with the farmers!”

“You shut your mouth before I come over there and shut it for you, baker scum!”

“He said they’re making more arrests! Arsonists are still on the loose! I don’t want to lose my home!”

You drag a hoof across your face as anger builds inside you. You release it in a crippling wave of demands. “YOU WILL ALL BE QUIET! IF I HEAR ABOT A SINGLE INSTANCE OF ROBBERY, VANDALISM OR INTIMIDATION TONIGHT, I WILL PERSONALLY THROW YOU IN PRISON AND ASK PRINCESS LUNA TO HAUNT YOUR DREAMS EVERY TIME YOU FALL ASLEEP!”

That seemed to shut them up.

“Of course, I don’t know if she’ll agree to that…she’s a sweetheart at her core. Still though, I BETTER NOT HEAR ABOUT ANY MORE CRIME HAPPENING TONIGHT, OR SO HELP ME.” The eyes of the ponies in the crowd were locked on you fearfully. “…Dismissed.”

Immediately, ninety percent of the crowd dispersed and headed toward their homes. A few stragglers remained, perhaps concerned with cleanup efforts or coordinating their safety. You trot off the stage and right into Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy.

“Hello, girls. I need your help.”

“Anything you need us to do for Equestria, we’ve got it!” Rainbow Dash cried with jingoistic fervor. She swiftly swung a hoof through the air in a wicked uppercut.

“That’s what I like to hear. Rainbow Dash, you tag along with Night Vision and Penumbra here and make sure that not a single hair is out of place in Ponyville tonight. I’m particularly worried about revenge attacks, particularly those aimed at farmers; arrest anypony that even glances at you sideways.”

“Aww yeah!” Rainbow Dash was rubbing her hooves together and smiling as she hovered above you. “Do I have permission to rough them up?”

You nod, the adrenaline from the speech still coursing through your veins and impacting your decision-making.

“Alright! Kicking flank with the night guard! Come on,” she motioned to the guards before speeding off. The two bat ponies desperately accelerated in an attempt to keep pace with her.

“What ‘bout you, sugarcube? Where are you goin’ to stay?” Applejack’s voice was filled with concern.

You pause at this. “Well, I’ll figure it out. I’m heading to Canterlot tomorrow to finish this…this whole thing. I can survive for a night.”

“Well, that won’t do at all, now! Ya’ll are gonna come stay with me at Sweet Apple Acres ‘till your house gets fixed up.”

“Well, AJ, that’s kinda what I needed from you. Can you house the victims in your barn until they can get back on their hooves? There are at least four families besides me without houses, not to mention Pinkie Pie.”

Applejack shuttered. “I ain’t never seen Pinkie Pie cry as hard in my life. Eventually got so tired a’ her blowing her muzzle into my coat that I just sent her to Twilight’s. Still, though, I can certainly house the rest for a little while.”

“Still,” you continue, placing a hoof under your chin, “I know that our corrupt criminal has agents tailing me all over Equestria. If I was to stay anywhere that I had been before, especially if that place were a farm, I’d be putting everypony in danger.”

“Oh,” Applejack said, a little disappointed that you thought it would be a bad idea to stay at Sweet Apple Acres. Suddenly, her eyes lit up. “Well, I have a solution for ya! Ya’ll can stay with Fluttershy at her cottage! Nice n’ secret and isolated an’ all that.”

Fluttershy let out a small, fearful squeak at this.

“Whaddya say, Fluttershy? Ready to be our secret agent a second time?” Applejack looked toward her friend.

Fluttershy was cowering down and trying not to look at you. “Um…I’m not so sure it’s a good idea, Applejack…”

You knew Fluttershy because you had heard about her exploits and had contact with her close friends often. Only once had you been to her cottage, and that was only to buy a pet to give as a gift. Still, you realized that you couldn’t even formally be called “friends”, and yet Applejack was pressuring her into helping you out.

“Applejack,” you begin, apprehensive about forcing Fluttershy’s hoof in the matter.

Applejack sticks out a hoof in your direction without removing her eyes from Fluttershy. “Hush, Sugarcube. Applejack’s got this.” She puts down her hoof and glares at Fluttershy. “Now why ain’t it a good idea!?”

Fluttershy shrinks back further, hiding behind her mane. “Well, um…its just…that…I’m really…” Fluttershy's voice trails off into whisper-like, unintelligible mumbling.

“Fluttershy, speak up. I ain’t got no time for this.”

“Scared,” Fluttershy chokes out.

“Of the inquisitor?” Applejack asks incredulously. “Just ‘cause of a little yellin’? Why, the inquisitor’s the sweetest pony I know! Meek as two newborn piglets in the July sun!”

“Well, I’m not sure that’s exactly a fair comparison…” you begin. “In fact-“

Applejack has already walked over to stand next to you. “Watch this, Fluttershy!” She takes her hoof and scratches behind your ear. “Who’s a good pony? Who’s a great friend?”

It did feel nice, but you had your dignity to keep. “Applejack, come on…”

She nuzzled your neck and gave you a super-tight hug. “Who’s just a little soft-hearted sugar bear, huh?”

You begin to melt under the cuddly onslaught.
“Now roll over so Fluttershy can rub your belly.”

“A-Applejack, please, I’m embarrassed.” You blush, angry at her but too comfortable to push her away.

“Ain’t nopony around to see, sugarcube.” She began, looking into your eyes. Sternly, she continued, “now, roll over!”

You comply, flopping onto your back and grumbling. Applejack turns perpendicular to you and rests her head on your chest, reclining as she would against an apple tree in the field, crossing her back hooves.

“See, Fluttershy? The inquisitor don’t mean you no harm. Just needs a hug sometimes!”

Fluttershy started to rub your tummy. “Wow, Applejack, you’re right! What a sweet, cuddly little pony! The inquisitor can stay with me tonight if it’s for the best.”

You cross your front hooves over your chest and start pouting.


Fluttershy brought out a steaming pot of chamomile tea from her kitchen on a platter, along with a small jar of honey and a cup of cream. Placing it on the table in front of you, she sits next to you on the couch. A roaring fire was going on in her fireplace; between the late hour and the winter, the evening was more brutally cold than it had been the last few days. Most of the rodents and birds living with her inside had begun to snuggle in for the night; even Angel had been put to bed by Fluttershy half an hour ago.

“So, um, is it true?” Fluttershy meekly asked.

You look away from the fire and towards her. “Is what true?”

“Are you and Applejack really, um, ‘Snuggle-Pardners’?”

You wince. “I’m not sure I would have replaced the word ‘buddies’ with ‘pardners’, but, uh, yeah, I guess we are.”

Fluttershy nodded. “Um…how is that? Snuggling, I mean.”
You smile. “Oh, snuggling is the best! It’s warm and super comfortable, and you feel protected and happy…that’s really the only way I can describe it. I think that Dashie called it-“

“Wait, Rainbow Dash? She snuggled somepony?” Fluttershy seemed a little startled.

You immediately through both hooves over your incessantly flapping face-hole. You were as good as dead; Rainbow Dash would probably bite your ears off and kick your flank until your cutie mark was composed only of different shades of purple. “Uuh, uuuuuhhh…”

Fluttershy’s eyes widened in sudden understanding. “Oh, YOU snuggled Rainbow Dash. Don’t worry, I won’t tell. I know how angry she gets when someone talks about her acting kindly or sweetly. We’ve been friends for so long that I don’t think she’ll ever be open to showing ponies her sensitive side.”

You let out a sigh of relief. “Please, please don’t tell anypony. Thank you so much.”

Fluttershy giggled demurely. “Did she really let you call her ‘Dashie’?”

“She didn’t like it at first, but eventually she stopped complaining.”

“Oh, my. That nickname is very special to her. The only pony that she lets call her that is her Dad. Well, her Dad and Pinkie Pie…But I think Pinkie Pie only can do it because Rainbow Dash gave up on getting her to stop.”

You smile a little. Did Rainbow Dash really feel you were important enough to her to let you use a nickname with such great personal importance? You’d have to pay her another snuggle visit after this mess was all over- maybe get her a nice set of Wonderbolts tickets too, for her and her Dad.

Fluttershy hesistates for a few long moments before meekly continuing. “I’ve only snuggled my animals before…Never with another pony.”

You’d been around the block a few times in these situations and knew where it was heading. “Do you want to snuggle right now?”

Fluttershy blushed deeply. “C-can we just do that?” She looked around the cottage and peered out of her front window, as if cuddling was a profoundly illegal act, or at least that it required great preparation.

“Yeah, you just sort of, um, do it, I guess,” you say, shrugging your shoulders.

Fluttershy appeared to shrink back, “Oh, maybe this isn’t a good idea,” she says, looking around frantically and drawing her hooves in toward her body. “I don’t know anything about this!”

“It’s alright, we don’t have to snuggle at all. It just seemed like you wanted to.”

“Oh, I do, but…I do.” Fluttershy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I’m going to be more assertive. I promised Rarity.” She opened her eyes and looked up at you. “How do we snuggle?”

“Well,” you began, “first off, sit right here,” you say, pointing at the spot right next to you on the couch.

Fluttershy timidly scoots over next to you.

“A touch closer,” you say, rolling your eyes. She was sitting at least a foot away from you.

She moved so that you were almost touching. She looked like she was nearly trembling.

“Okay,” you say calmly. “Now, just relax.” You put a hoof around Fluttershy, causing her to squeak again and tense up. She relaxed after a moment. “There,” you said. “We’re snuggling.”

Fluttershy popped open an eye. “Really?” she asked hopefully.

You nod back and smile. “You can scoot in a little closer and hug me back if you’re feeling adventurous.”

“Oh, um, okay…” Fluttershy complies. “You’re right, it is very warm and comfortable.”

“That it is.” You had to temper your response, as Fluttershy was softer and cuddlier than anypony you had ever snuggled before. You went out of the way to be extra gentle, as if caring for a newborn rabbit or something, afraid that you would break her.

Another moment passed before a loud popping noise came from the fireplace, presumably from the splitting of wood. Fluttershy yelped and tensed up.

After a moment, she fell apart into a fit of mad giggles, causing you to laugh too. As she was giggling, she put her head on your chest, where she finished her giggle attack. When she was done, she looked up at you. “Um… is this okay? Am I doing it right or…did I mess up again…?”

“Yeah, this is perfect. You’re doing even a better job than before.”

“Oh, really?” Fluttershy placed her head back onto your chest and nuzzled you with the side of her face.

“I’m going to pour some of this lovely tea you made for me and pick up the blanket from the floor. Do you want some tea too?”

“Oh, yes please. Extra honey.”

Tomorrow you would confront the fiend that had plunged Equestria into chaos. For now though, you would rest up, snuggling with Fluttershy under a blanket next to a fire in a cozy, secluded cottage while drinking warm herbal tea. You couldn’t think of a better way to prepare.