• Published 7th May 2012
  • 4,283 Views, 69 Comments

Fallout Equestria: project human - Gaz1997



a alternative ending/follow on from my first story crashed and burned

  • ...
59
 69
 4,283

chapter 6

Chapter 6

Matrix’s eyes shot wide open as he rapidly sat up pulling out his combat knife pointing it at nothing, after he finally manages to control his breathing down, he slaps himself with his hand across the head to bring him back to the present moment and put away his knife, thankfully he hadn’t woken his children or any-pony else by his sudden outburst.

“It’s just a dream, just a stupid b****y dream” he mumbled as he held a hand over his heart then shifted it towards his left shoulder where he felt the all too familiar burning pain.

Back on earth many years ago his old flight squadron was on a mission in Iraq to hinder enemy supply lines, but they went under incorrect information and were flying into a dogfight where they were outnumbered three to one. His squad was wiped out and his jet took a hit, so he drove his jet into the supply depot and ejected saving his life, but it wasn’t all a success, he ended up getting captured and tortured, a week later they dumped him in a near bye town with a broken collar bone a few broken ribs and cuts and bruises, all caused be a sledge hammer wielding maniac.

when he was picked up by friendly forces patrolling around they brought him back to base and healed him up and that left him with a large bulge on his left shoulder where it healed, ever since then he would occasionally get a burning feeling where the bone had been broke, even though when he went through the alterations Luna and twilight did to him, they managed to fix the bone and make it normal again but the burning pain still remained even after all these years.
“I need a shower” he spoke simply to himself so he stood up carefully to avoid waking everypony else up and went into the bathroom, he tested the water in the shower and luckily the water wasn’t radiated but he had to be mindful as the supply wasn’t infinite, but at least it could be purified with the miniature water crystal.

After stripping of his armour and clothing, he stepped into the hot water for a good five minutes before emerging from the shower and drying himself off with a towel, it had been a while since he had a proper wash when supplies were being rationed on the front lines, after making sure he was thoroughly dry enough he put the towel around his waist he took a moment to look himself over in the mirror on the wall.

Being in his mid-thirties-forties or in this case mid two hundred and thirties-forties, he was in very good shape for his age and even more so from the augmentations he endured, on his torso he donned a six pack with the abs to go with, his arm and leg muscles could be considered large and powerful, buff even by body builder standards, all this thanks to physical training, on his face donned a fair amount of faded scars from explosions and shrapnel and his darkish brown hair now clean was getting slightly long, some just reaching his light blue eyes, but the thing he was more impressed about, was his shoulder which was now normal again, all this made him physically stronger than he normally was and when his magic came in to use it almost doubled that including his strength, endurance and stamina.

When he finished examining himself he began putting his armour back on starting with the trousers then boots and the under shirt, next was the chest piece and other amour pieces and after that he put on the duster and then finally the shoulder pieces along with the bandolier pouches, combat knife and canteen across his chest.

Satisfied with himself he walked out the bathroom and sat back down on his mattress and looked at the rest of the group still sleeping, quickly glancing at his pipbuck told him it was 09:20 am, he would let them sleep another hour but there was no point getting some more shut eye himself, he wouldn’t be able to after waking up from the dream he had earlier, so he just sat on his bed with his back to wall, iPod earphones in his ears listening to one of his playlists to calm his nerves.

Twenty minutes and many songs later matrix found himself in a rather bored mood, he contemplated waking them up but not wanting to, they just looked so peaceful sleeping there, he let out a sigh and stood up from his bed again taking of his helmet leaving it on the bed, he grabbed his rifle from the floor and took out the binoculars from silvers pack then unlocked the blast door up the stairs into the living before shutting the door behind him.

After quickly checking the first floor was still clear he then proceeded up the staircase to the next floor and into his room, he looked out the window into the street to see what he could see, nada, not a damn thing was moving outside, so he opened the window and carefully climbed out onto the thatched roof where he could see the most of the town, he pulled the binoculars from his neck to his eyes and scanned around the town for a bit.

Silence, that was all there was, just silence, besides the quiet whistling of the small breeze, matrix had been sitting on the roof for a good half hour looking around the town for any signs of life at all, but there just wasn’t anything, on one occasion though he did spot the same stable pony walking around on the other side of town, but other than that there was just silence

“It’s quiet, just too f****** quiet” he said to himself as he lowered the binoculars from his face, he continued to sit there gazing at the barren wastes all around him, he contemplated going back inside but then he decided to mess around with his pipbuck some more, he came across the radio setting and just as he did so a notification saying he discovered a new station came up on his HUD, he selected it and turned it on

“hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaa what’s, up waste landers, it is I, Dj pon3, your favourite neighbourhood disk jockey, what’s a disk hell if I know but I’ve got some news, but first the weather report, normal temperature, high chance of death and dismemberment and cloudy as usual or in other words just plain s**t”
“but enough of that, I have an juicy story to tell that surprisingly only a few know about, now I’m sure some of you have heard of the tale of the human and how it’s all but a myth, but I have information and conformation that he is in fact, real”

“Eeyup, that right kiddies ‘he’ Is real and has recently awoken from a long sleep back from when the great war ended, my source just happens comes from the pony that just have happened to have met him when he saved her from a gang of raiders, and I’ve also learnt that his name is specialist matrix or matrix so good one on you there for helping her out, and this is to all you ponies out there, if you see a figure walking around in pre-war armour standing on two legs that’s looks like one of them diamond dogs but a lot shorter, that’s him, from what my note here says, please show him some respect for he has experienced more hell than any of us, that’s is all, this is Dj pon3, and now some music”

“I don’t want to set Equestria on fire……………..” matrix turned off his radio when the song had started to play

“Dayum, a few days out of cryo and I’m already on the radio and……..wait did she just say she was pon3, that’s…………impossible, it can’t be vinyl, unless she’s a ghoul, no it can’t be” his moment was interrupted when something unexpectedly just had to happen, he heard a low rumbling coming from the road below him so he carefully slide down the roof to the edge and looked down at the road.

The ground was lightly shaking and the rumbling sound was still present but then it began getting louder and louder as did the patch of shaking ground below him, just then something burst from underneath the soil, matrix brought a hand to his face to stop the small spray of dirt and dust, went it finally calmed down he looked back down onto the road at what he saw was bl***y terrifying, a creature that in a way looked like a diamond but a good ten times bigger that also fit the ghouls description of the death-claw he explained to them yesterday was standing just in front of the fairly large hole it had emerged from.

“Holy Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, is that a f*****g death-claw, I thought that ghoul said they don’t live around here, crock of s**t that was” matrix whispered to himself as he looked down upon the creature, but luck wasn’t on his side for the time being as the two hundred year old section of roof below him started to crack under his weight

“Aw f**k me” was all could say as the section collapsed, sending him falling into the street but his reflexes kidded in and he landed on his feet, as the dust settled around him he quickly glanced up and saw that his rifle hanging from a piece of wood jutting out from the roof, that left him with only his three knifes, not good, then he realised the current situation he was in, he slowly turned his head only to look into the face that looked like had taken a chainsaw to it.

“You are one………. ‘ugly’ mother f***er” he stated simply

“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW” the death claw roared into his face some spit also flying at him, Matrix brought a hand to his face a wiped away the spit

“That wasn’t so bad” was all he could state before he was slammed into the ground by the hulking creature, pinning him.

“Sheesh you could have a least bought me dinner first, but I’m married so I’m gonna have to do this”
He pulled his legs up and with all his strength and might, he kicked the damn thing in the gut, sending it flying of him and landing a few metres away in the street, matrix did a kung-Fu style jump to his feet and drew his shoulder lightning blades, blades facing outward, gripping the handles tightly making the magically enchanted blades crackle with electricity, by now the beast was on its feet and was in its own fighting stance staring at him and brandishing its claws at him.

“Let’s dance” said matrix as he and the death claw slowly started circling each other.

They slowly circled each other twice not once taking there eyes of one another, and then they stopped but continued their 1000 yard stare, matrix glanced down quickly at his hands, the grey glowing aura was there, this fight was his now that he had his advantage, he sprinted forward as time slowed to a crawl, when he got to about a meter he slide into a slide through its legs and dragged his charged blades down across its abdomen as it failed at trying to slash him.
Still moving in slow motion he jumped up and grabbed its tail, swung round and carefully ran up its back

“YaaaaaaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRRGHHHHH” he screamed as he jumped and landed on its neck, sinking his blades into its upper back electrocuting it where it then tried to throw him of, but instead drove straight into the building on the other side of the street almost brining the whole thing down on both of them.

as the dust settled matrix pushed the rubble of him and sprang to his feet and walked over to the creature who was trapped under a huge support beam, he went up to its head and pulled out his combat knife and with his foot moved its head over for easier aim then plunged the knife down, twisting and finally killing it, he pulled out the knife wiped the blood of it then climbed on top of its carcass to reclaim his other two blades, after doing so he walked out the building slightly limping but his magic numbed the pain so he carried on back into the house not before taking a glance other his shoulder at scene behind him

“Damn…………..should have recorded that” he said out loud before proceeding back inside rushing upstairs quickly to retrieve his rifle and goggles from the roof then back down to the basement.


30 minutes later


matrix noticed that the others were starting to wake from there slumber, he wasn’t a harsh person except when he went into commando/drill sergeant mode so he let them wake up at their own pace, but his mind had other plans, he looked amongst the shelves in the basement, on them where your ordinary DIY and garden tools but his eyes set on one that he would need.

An air horn.

‘been a long time since I became a troll, might as well have some fun’ he thought to himself as he slowly rose from his bed to grab the tool for his friends wakeup call as he would call it, once he obtained said item he crept over to silver as silently as he could, like the f****** ninja he is.

When he was right up in his face he held the horn right next to his ear and waited for him to open his eyes slightly and when he did he pressed the button

BlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

“HOLY F*** THE HELL IS GOING HERE!!!” shouted silver as he jumped of his bed and into the air then again came back down onto the floor opposite side of his bed

“Rise and shine f****t, get your fat ass of the floor and on yours hooves” matrix said plainly as her tried to stop himself from bowling over laughing but it was too late

“Matrix you’re a d*** you know that” silver said as he rubbed his temples with his hooves to help stop the ringing in his ears

“Aw I know you love me really” matrix replied sarcastically

“Tw*t”

“Colt cuddler”

“Ok now that was just too far” says silver pretending to look hurt

“Don’t sweat it, come on lets wake the others, I’m surprised that there still asleep at all besides from my children, they are heavy sleepers”

“Just like their parents”

“Huh, yeah”

“…………………”

“…………………”

“Matrix………..you ok there dude”

“Yeah, yeah…………….yeah…….im fine”

“Ok then, I’ll go wake the trio you can get your kids” said silver as he trots to the other side of the room.

‘I swear I worry about that human sometimes’ he thought to himself as he went to go wake up the trio, matrix silently walked over to his bed where his foals lay, he sat sideways on the bed and stroked there manes

“Come on kid’s time to wake up now” they didn’t stir

“Kids come on now you need to wake up”

“But dad I didn’t do my homework” mumbled lighting

“You don’t want to get a detention, do you?”

“NOPE” they both shouted as they bolted upright wide awake, innocent adorable cute smiles adorned their faces, it was hard for him not to hug them but he did so anyways

“Well that was easy, silver, the trio awake yet?”

“Eeyup”

“You sure”

“Eeeyer actually nope”

“F****** hells bells, silver how hard can I be to wake up some kids honestly, sorry kids” said matrix apologetically to his
children for swearing.

“Well excuuuuuuuse me, why don’t you try and wake up three heavy sleeping kids”

“Easy, when we get to that town, eventually, you’re buying me a drink”

“Yeah right that’ll never happen” but silver was dead wrong, matrix simply walked over to his bed, picked up the air horn twirling it in his hand and walked over to the sleeping trio

“Watch, and learn”
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR”

“WHAT THE BUCK” shouted cables as he jumped into the air whilst his brother and lil twist simply shot upright.

“And that my young padawan is how you do it” said matrix sarcastically

“Dude stop f****** quoting star wars”

“Tough s***”

“Whatever, right now that everypony is awake, lets crack open this b****” said storm eagerly as he walked up the armoury door of the basement, mat walked over the left side of the door and flipped open a concealed panel and after typing in the password a small alarm began to sound of and the door hissed as it unlocked and slid open sideways.

“ooooooooooooh baby, we are in gun heaven!!!” spoke silver giddily as he stepped into the room looking around as the shelves and boxes stacked full of ammunition and weapons some secret and only being lightly tested. But the first thing that matrix did was walk over the dish thing in the middle on the room and flip some switches and then the dish came to life

“Ah sir matrix sir, you have returned from your cryo sleep, I trust it went well since it has been approximately 200 years and 65 days since you last logged in”

“Yes thank you for reminding me Jarvis” he replied sarcastically

“Must you call me that ridiculous name from that iron mare show?” asked the computer

“Central intelligence unit change mane to Jarvis effective immediately” he ordered

“New name accepted, CIU now designated Jarvis”

“Matt, really” berated silver

“Yes really now shut up and grab some gear, I’ll get you your things in just a sec, Jarvis give a rundown on supplies”
After five minutes ‘Jarvis’ had labelled everything that was in the vault matrix walked over to one of the shelves and opened one of the containers and pulled out something very similar

“Oh no she didn’t”

“What is it” asked silver from round the corner

“Applejack made me a fucking dessert eagle mother f****** that’s what” and he pulled out the magazine and examined the bullets

“Holy crap she even made custom colour schemed bullets of the mane six as well!!!”

“You’re kidding right; you made that joke up about having that gun”
In truth, applejack had seen the many modern day gun designs of earth on matrix’s laptop and saw the dessert eagle on the internet and how matrix raved on having one, so she had secretly constructed one from scratch, it looked like a the one from call of duty with a gold and black frame, she also made custom bullets that were painted the same colour schemes of the mane six

“hohohooooo maaaaan, I have seriously got to use this thing so bad right now” but matrix had something else to do, he picked up the holster for the experimental Deagle and strapped it under his shoulder and fit as much ammo as he could into his bandolier pouches as well as the gun itself in the holster, he then spotted his old duffle/army rucksack that he could use, so he took it off the shelf and opened it up stuffing in all the groups food and medical supplies then rearranging his ammo stock on his person so he had and even amount on him them put the rest in the bag, he did the same thing with silver supplies

Luckily for him when applejack made the Deagle, she altered it so it could fire its normal rounds as well as 9mm rounds and any other kind of pistol ammo that you just happen to have on you, unless it were revolver rounds, she was very thoughtful, mat then walked over to the wall on the other side of the room where a safe was built into it, he entered the combination and opened the door.

Inside lays his two original m9 barrettes pistols, enchanted by silver so now they had unlimited ammo and had some cool looking decals on them in addition to his hip holsters, he also pulled out two wooden sheaths with handles on one end and turned back to face his friend.

“yo silver, catch!” he shouted as he threw them across to him

“My katanas!” he answered as silver caught them with his fore hoofs and hugged them like they were his kids!

“Crazy a** fool” matrix mumbled as het fit his own M9’s to his hips and checked each gun to look for any metal fatigue or rust, thankfully there wasn’t any and now he was satisfied he could sit down and plot out his plans and routes with the help of ‘Jarvis’

“Hey Mr Matrix sir what is that pony looking thing?” asked little twist

“What is what?” he replied as he turned around to see what she could be looking at, in the corner stood a metal silhouette of a pony with a small metal frame/crane thing holding it up

“oh that, that is if I remember from that meeting with AJ, that is one of the prototype T-45d power armour suits for the steel rangers, they were pretty good back in the day but they were brought in too late to see much action, only about a year before everything went to hell, which reminds me hey silver did you ever get any power armour training because I didn’t give the team any?”

“Erm no why’d you ask?” came his reply from his head shoved inside a big ammo crate

“Just saying that we have a suit right here”

“Your f****** joking”

“I’m sure as hell not, well since it seems that you don’t require the skills for the thing, we’ll come back for it later, pretty sure there’s a manual for it round here somewhere, either that or Jarvis here can give you it, Jarvis, do you have a quick power armour training tutorial installed”

“Why yes sir, I have to whole tutorial stored in my databanks ready for use”

“Alright, silver you got all your gear”

“Eeyup”

“ok if you have any spare mags or stuff, pass em’ here and I put em’ in my bag”

As silver gave him some additional gear matrix went back to the safe and pulled out four black silencers, two for his M9’s one for his sniper and the last for his rifle and stuffed them into one of his pouches, now they sure that they could take on the world mat closed up his bag slung it on his back then picked up his anti-material rifle and slung it over his shoulder and attached the strap to his bag then picked up his own rifle and cocked it loading a new round into the chamber.

“Jarvis” activate security protocols, security cameras and turrets; no-pony gets in this here house or out unless it’s me or silver”

“Affirmative sir”

“Alright silver, kids, brothers and little twist, let’s take on the world”

“YEAH” they all shouted in unison as they all headed for the stairs.