• Published 7th May 2012
  • 4,283 Views, 69 Comments

Fallout Equestria: project human - Gaz1997



a alternative ending/follow on from my first story crashed and burned

  • ...
59
 69
 4,283

chapter 3

Matrix pov

ok so it’s been three hour’s since we’ve gotten out of that stable and I finally gotten over the shock of coming back into the world I called my home that has now been turned to shit, I have my friend silver with me, alive and my two foals, also alive, but now I’ve got to look after another three foals, bloody brilliant, I never asked to look after them and we nearly got killed after running into that band of so-called raider’s just an hour ago, but I’ll guess I’ll just have to deal with it for now, at least they can defend for themselves in a way.

It was now night time, I was thinking about the events that had occurred over the last three hours, we had finally left the stable with the company of the three foals that had found me in the cryo chamber and where now resting in the camp where the band of raider’s had been previously. The trio had snuck out when the guards weren’t looking and were now with me, my kids and silver. I had given both of the unicorn brothers my pistols with some ammo for defence. It’s not like I needed those ones anyway, I have a better pair kept in a safe back home in pony Ville……….if it’s still standing……that is.

------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback, three hours prior, stable 97 main entrance


Play this in a new tab music link


We had finally walked to the main entrance and were waiting for lockdown to open the stable door but she was taking her sweet time. We had managed to make it up here without much hassle since it was what they considered to be late afternoon

but when you’re underground you can’t tell. By now I could’ve opened the door with my pip-buck.
After another five nerve-racking minutes a warning claxon sounded of and a warning light began blinking on and off. Then the heavy lock of the stable door unlocked, the door then moved back and rolled over the right of the wall
On the other side of the massive door way was the dirt tunnel with the battered wooden door blocking out the last few rays of light.

“Ok silver let’s roll” I said before I started walking towards the entrance, but I quickly stopped in the metal doorway and watched as my two foals now dressed in stable suit’s walked along with silver, I then turned my head back towards lockdown.

“You know you don’t have to go” she said

“I know but I must………….. But remember this is…….if you ever need me, don’t worry, just send out a radio message and I’ll come runnin, you hear” she nodded then I turned back around and walked up to the door where silver was waiting not noticing three small figures sneak out through the doorway and hide behind the rock in the cave.

Me and silver took positions on either side of the wooden door with my kids behind me I looked back as lockdown shut the door and nodded to me, I returned the nod as the door finally closed again.

“Alright silver, breach and clear, celestia knows what’s out there after two hundred years, you ready”

“As I’ll ever be” he said before pulling up the mouth grip and cocking his rifles. I pulled Bozar of my back and pulled back the breach with a satisfying ‘ka-thunk’.

“3….2….1….go! *crash* breaching! Breaching! I shouted as I kicked down the door stormed out and took up a crouching position on the right hand side of the door with silver to my left

“Clear” said silver but I didn’t acknowledge him. I was looking over the edge of the small cliff that we were on, gazing at the landscape. I took of my helmet and let it drop the ground with my rifle, I then dropped to my knees. I couldn’t believe what I
was seeing……..I refused to.

“No….no……”

“Matrix, come on, I know it looks bad but”-

“NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

I shouted as loud as my lungs would allow, my voice echoing across the land. I could no longer seeing the lush green landscapes of Equestria. All I could see now was a barren dead wasteland, my home, our home…..was gone, turned to dust, filled with bale fire radiation.


*Stop music*


“MATRIX, SNAP OUT OF IT!” shouted silver as he smacked me upside the head to try and calm me down. Needless to say it kind of worked

I sat there in the dirt rubbing the side of my face where my ‘friend’ had punched me.

“Thanks silver…….it’s just….it’s just too much for me to take in right now…..wait…….did you hear something”

“No” replied silver but then I heard something move directly behind us so I quickly spun around and pulled out my duel wields aiming at a nearby boulder, silver doing the same.

“Who’s out there…….show your self’s”


No answer


I fired of a warning shot towards the boulder where I heard what sounded like some sort of whimper coming from behind it.

“Don’t shoot us ….don’t shoot us!” came a young voice from behind it

“Well fucking show your self’s then!” I answered back

“Ok were coming out just please….don’t shoot”

“Ppsstt silver keep any eye out, can’t be too careful” I whispered towards him but that’s when my expression changed completely when the same three foals from earlier came out from behind their hiding place, one colt was holding a baseball bat with his magic.

“Oh come on, you have got to be fucking kidding me!” I said out loud

“Matrix there just kids” said silver

“that’s the problem mate ‘there kids’ I was ok looking after my own two foals but now we’ve got three more to keep an eye on and I’m pretty sure that right now this place isn’t the safest of places if you haven’t noticed that already.

“I know that matrix but we can’t just leave them here and they can’t get back into the stable now so it looks like they’re gonna have to some with us”

“Plus you said that you owe us one for waking you up and all that” said the youngest of the brothers.

I let out sigh in defeat.

Well…….fuck.

“Ok silver they’ll come with us but I’m going to have to give them a ways to protect themselves and usually I’m against giving a kid a gun but in the world we are in now I think I’m just gonna have to give the big old fuck it to that rule”

I stood up then flicked on the safeties of my pistols; I picked up my rifle and slung it then picked up my helmet and placed it on my head and motioned for the three foals to come over. I gave the two brothers the pistols and showed the basic rundown of how the gun worked and told them to take a few practice shots with their telekinesis, they both seemed to handle it well especially the younger one ‘batter up’ I think was his name.

After half an hour of sitting around outside training the two brothers how to use the weaponry, taking inventory on our food and medical supplies we finally set off in the direction me silver and my kids had come from to get here.
Home…………. pony Ville……...or whatever was left of it.

After an hour of walking we had found the path that led to the town but it would take us at least another one and a half hours to get there if we didn’t run into any trouble, but now I had gone and jinxed us.as we walked up a small hill I saw what seemed to be a small smoke stack about 100 metres in front of us from what my HUD was telling me and I was too far away to see any new mark’s on my E.F.S.

Could be a settlement but I’m not taking any chances.

I raised my fist to make every pony stop behind me. The brothers pulled out there new toys and moved into defensive
positions around my kids and twist while silver came up to my side.

“What’s wrong” he said

“got a visual, smoke stack, 100 metres, north east, could be a settlement, no hostile’s or friendly’s yet” I looked to my left and saw a small rock formation

Perfect"

"i motioned every pony to follow me over and told the foals to stay low and keep quiet behind the rocks while me and silver climbed up top and lay down. I pulled put my anti-material rifle, my pip buck connected the scope to my HUD for better aiming, and silver pulled out a set of binoculars with his magic, acting as my spotter.

“Ok buddy pick out any visual’s you find, I’ll use S.A.T.S to determine hostile, friendly or neutral”.

“Copy that, just like old times”

I zoomed in on the scope and I got a look at the makeshift settlement.

“okay, I can see two visual’s, one mare, one stallion both wearing some make shift clothing of some kind, two metres to the left of that of that tent” said silver

“On target, any hostilities?”

“None yet, but they both have smg’s……….shit!”

“What, what is it?”

“Right of the tent, five new visuals two mares, three stallions”

“On target, oh crap”

From what I seeing it wasn’t good, the five new ponies that had come out of the tent where a site to look at, one mare and stallion where wearing similar clothing to the other two and both had weapons, the other mare and two stallions had cuts, bruises and scar’s all over them and their legs where tied just above the knee’s so they couldn’t run.

I couldn’t determine if they were pegasi, unicorn or earth pony so I quickly entered S.A.T.S and looked over the two ponies with the guns and they were labelled ‘raiders’

“This isn’t good” in said as I exited S.A.T.S but was met with the sound of a gunshot.

I looked through the scope again I saw that now one of the tied up stallions was one the floor with a bullet hole in his head and standing over him was one of the so called ‘raider’s’ with his smg aimed at his head, smoke pouring out the barrel. I couldn’t hear him but he looked like he was laughing, he then turned his gun towards the other stallion.

“Ok this guy is a unicorn and he is defiantly ‘not’ friendly”

“Matrix he’s gonna kill the other stallion, quick, take the shot!”
I knew I had to do it but I didn’t want to, but he was going to kill this pony……I had to make this count. I went into S.A.T.S mode and selected the bastard’s heads. 50% chance of hitting him, I had to take that chance so I squeezed the trigger.

*BANG*

came the shot from the rifle as I absorbed the recoil as the bullet travelled towards it target and seconds later it made contact with the unicorn stallions head, instantly killing him, I watched as he dropped to the floor with the bullet hole as the new addition to his face.

I never thought it would come to this, killing a zebra on the battlefield was easy to get used to after a while but I still didn’t like the idea of killing them as they did us, they were probably forced into the fighting, when it came to killing a fellow pony……..things were different, I had only killed a pony if they were a traitor or a sy for the zebras but now this wasn’t war, this was the future where things may be different, but the feeling stay’s the same.

The other two raiders came now round from the other side of the tent to see what happened, that’s when they saw the body and the other mare with her mouth hung open, shocked at the dead pony in front then.
There was silence, but that quickly changed as shit hit the fan when the three raiders charged at us with guns blazing, bullets missing us by inches, thank celestia they are shit shots. I took aim at another one of the raiders with S.A.T.S but it was still recharging.

“Fuck” I said out loud but that’s when I felt a familiar tingling feeling in my hands. I looked down at them and saw the recognisable dark greyish aura emanating around them.

I think now is the time to tell you something else about me. When I first came to Equestria, I didn’t have magic because being human we don’t have it obviously, but after my first few days of being in this world I got in a fight (totally self-defence!) where I discovered my new trait. I had slowly started to develop magic after being in this world and over time it got stronger.
But here’s the catch, I can’t control it like a unicorn does, it just comes at goes, mainly at times when I need it the most. My magic allows me to be stronger, hit harder, take extreme amounts of pain and check it; it can slow down time for the short amount of time it appears. Anyway back to the moment at hand.

I locked my sight with a mare raider pulled the trigger again and just like clockwork my magic kicked in and time slowed down, the bullet left the barrel with a bright flash and a slow motion bang filled the air I could see the metal projectile was engulfed in the same dark grey glow as is flew towards its target and after many seconds it hit the mare square in the eyes which caused her head to snap back from the force of the round impacting her face.

Then time went back to normal and the grey aura disappeared as quickly as it arrived. The two left saw this but kept shooting from behind a rock.

“Buck I can’t get them from this angle” shouted silver that had moved to try and get a better shot.

“Don’t worry I got this” I replied over the gun fire. I ejected the clip from my rifle and brought out a new one from my inventory and loaded it into the gun, chambered a round and aimed just slightly behind the rock they were hiding behind.

“Let’s hope these work as good as I hope they do”

I pulled the trigger and was met with an explosion as the bullet connected with the ground directly behind the rock the raiders were using as cover. I could see a large spray of red and chunks of flesh fly through the air. The explosive round had killed them instantly……….one bullet………..was all it took.

“Silver, anymore tango’s”

“Nope, there all down”

“Right let’s go get those other two at their camp, you get the kids but don’t let them see the bodies, there too young to experience death just yet”

“Roger that mate” he replied and went behind the rock to grab the foals. I quickly pulled out the mag of explosive rounds and replaced it with the magazine I had previously and slung it over my back and began to sprint over to the raider’s camp.
I walked up the tent and saw that the mare and stallion (both unicorns) had their fore arms around each other like they were waiting for the end to come. I walked over to them trying to look as less intimidating as possible but that didn’t work as planned, they took one look at me and they looked like they were about to faint.

“Don’t kill us please” pleaded the mare. Just looking at her made me feel sorry for her, she looked like she had been through hell and a lot worse, so I took a step closer, knelt down to her level, took of my helmet and looked into her eyes.

“know why would I want to do that” I said in my most calming voice, I then pulled out my combat knife and moved it over to the two of them they both flinched as if was going to stab them but they were wrong. When they looked back at me they saw me cutting through the ropes that were binding them, when I finished untying them, I put my knife away and sat down and brought out my canteen and offered it to them.

“What are you and why did you help us” said the stallion taking a drink with his magic.

I opened my mouth to explain but I was beaten to it by little twist who had caught up with the rest of our little party and began to tell them of the legend that I am, their mouths were hung open by the end of the story clearly they knew of the legend that was me but I was surprised that ponies even to this day still knew of it.

“Is this true, you really are the hu-hu erm humone from the war?” asked the mare

“Human and Yes….yes I am”

“But how, that was over two hundred years ago?”

“Let’s just say I’ve been…… asleep…… for all those years”

“Oh…ok well thank you for saving us”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t save your friend here”

Its ok…… we didn’t know him but it’s not like you couldn’t do anything for him anyway”

“I know but…..still”

She then walked over to a box and pulled out what seemed to be a very battered pair of saddle bags, she put them on her back and walked over to me then rummaged through the bags.

“Here……something for helping us” she pulled out a small bag and handed it to me. I took the bag and put my hand into it and pulled out what seemed to be bottle caps.

“Bottle caps, why are you giving me these?”

“Oh right, there what everypony uses for money round here”

“You are pulling my leg”

“Not kidding, well we better get moving I can’t stand to be here anymore and I’ll be sure to spread the word of you, good bye erm what was your name”

“Matrix, names matrix”

“Ok…..matrix …..Until we meet again” she said trotting of in the direction we had come with the stallion in pursuit.

“Hey wait” I shouted to them

“Yes” she called back

“You might want to take these” I picked up the dead raiders gun and pulled out his extra mags and tossed then to her who caught them with her magic “if the situation arises” she nodded then walked off with the stallion.

“I didn’t even get her name, oh well”

“Well, all in a day’s work” I said out loud

“To bloody right, I’m exhausted from all the walking” said silver

“Me too, we’ll make camp here tonight, and then make way for ponyville tomorrow, sound good”

“You know it” he replied



Present time


We had decided to stay in the camp for the night. I had disposed of the raider’s bodies and scavenged them of any ammo or supplies. I gave the poor stallion that was murdered a proper burial. I was now lying against a log playing on my guitar in deep thought with my foals on either side of me asleep, my helmet next to me. The trio where sitting on the other side of the campfire in the middle of ‘our’ camp also asleep. Silver however was still awake. He took one look at me and knew something was bugging me.

“Mat……you ok……what you thinking about”

I stopped playing my guitar

“June, 28th” I simply stated

“Oh…..shit dude”

“Don’t give me that Sean, you weren’t there when it happened” I growled back, he cringed when I said his real name

“you could at least tell me what happened that day”

“No”

“Ok……well I’m going to sleep, you keeping watch”

“Yeah, you go to sleep, I can’t anyway”

“Alright then mate g’night”

“Night silver” and with that he quickly dozed off, I just sat there and tilted my head back to look at the night sky but was disappointed to see that there were no stars just cloud. I rested my guitar next to my helmet carefully not to wake my sleeping children then pulled out my wallet.

I picked out one of my favourite photos from the wallet and just stared at it. It was of me and my friends and family, about a month before I went off to fight in the war. I sat in the middle crossed legged, with my wife dashie resting on my head and my two foals on my shoulders, the rest of the main six were behind me with applejack’s ‘presumably’ colt friend (I forgot his name) as well as some others, ditzy doo, big mac, Lyra, silver, vinyl, my over friend frost storm (wonder what happened to him) and the CMC were there as well, sitting in front of me. That was one of my best memories but then the worst ones came flooding back.

My thoughts kept going back to that one day, that day which nearly scared me forever. I knew that I couldn’t hold back these thought’s so I let them run through my head.

3rd POV

Flashback, 1 month before the bombs
Location: 1 mile over zebrican borders, unknown village, frontlines
June 28th 16:00


Gun fire. Screams of the wounded and dying. the constant fire of artillery. that was all that could be heard on this part of the battle field. The soldiers of a small platoon of the equestrian army where held up in a hastily dug trench under constant fire from the zebra held village 200 metres north of them, the wounded where pilling up, ammo was running low and so where medical supplies.

The captain was desperately trying to keep the morale up and had constantly kept requesting support.
He was helping the medic attend to one of the wounded when he heard the sound of wings flapping from behind him. He turned his head away from the injured soldier and say a Pegasus clad in armour he could see on the flank of the Pegasus’s was a recognisable symbol

A could with a multi-coloured lightning bolt.

“General rainbow dash, is that really you” he said in disbelief before saluting

“At ease and Yes it is me captain, what’s the situation here” she asked him

"Where under fire from the zebra village to the north, we can’t advance, the wounded are piling up and were running low and ammo and supplies fast”

“Understood have you tried calling reinforcement’s”

“I’ve been trying but they keep denying me any support”
Rainbow was about to speak but a familiar whistling sound filled the air and was getting louder

“INCOMING ARTILLERY EVERYPONY GET DOWN!” shouted the captain. Seconds later the battlefield was filled with explosions and dirt and debris flying everywhere getting ever closer to there the trench. The captain picked up the radio and tried to get hold of command again

THIS IS CAPTAIN WING FLARE, WE ARE GETTING PEPPERED OUT HERE, AND WE NEED IMMEDIATE ASSITANCE NOW!”

No answer

“FUCKING DAMMIT” he shouted then turned back to rainbow that was just standing in the trench not bothered about the artillery barrage falling down around the platoon.

Rainbow dash new they would all be dead soon there was only one other option to get out of this mess.

“Captain, give me the radio” she said sternly

“Yes general, but they won’t listen to anyone right now” he replied

“THEY WILL LISTEN TO ME” she shouted over the booming of the artillery as she brought the radio up to her muzzle

“THIS IS GENERAL RAINBOW DASH, PRIORITY STAUTUS 1, CODE 61793, REQUESTING SPECIALIST MATRIX I REPEAT REQUSTING SPECIALIST MATRIX NOW!”


…………………………


We copy your request general, specialist matrix is inbound to your position E.T.A seven minutes” came the voice on the other end of the radio.

“Roger that command, seven minutes, out!” she put down the radio and pulled her battle saddle grip to her face and walked up the captain.

“General, who or what is specialist matrix?” asked the captain in disbelief that she had just managed to actually get through to command.

“he’s our only hope of getting out of this mess but I don’t doubt for a second that ‘he’ will fail us we just have to hold out for at least another five minutes plus you'll know him when you see him”

“But general we'll be overrun in five minutes” he said

“Hold yourself together, he’ll be here in time” she said before looking over the trench wall

I sure hope he does


Five minutes away Matrix POV


music link


I’m sitting in the back of a vertibuck with loud rock-ish music playing through the loud speaker, the ‘zebra hunter’ the vertibuck was called. It was a modified version so that it could go faster and was slightly more armoured. Its pilots were ‘gold star, a unicorn mare and ‘honour bolt’ a Pegasus stallion.

A married couple they were and completely inseparable, they were pretty much my chauffeurs, ferrying me to and from bases and the frontlines. I sat in the back, wearing my elite armour, holding one of my lightning blades while using my combat knife to embed the initials of my foals into its side.

“Hey matrix, just got on the horn, we dropping you in to assist a platoon that’s trapped a mile over the border, E.T.A five minutes” said star from the cockpit.

“Got it, thanks star” I said through my helmet’s mic, I had finished scratching the initials on my blade so I put it back into its shoulder sheath and my combat knife into my hip sheath.

I had just been picked up from a base not ten minutes ago to head back to ponyville. It had been a week since I last saw my family and friends. Rainbow was on army leave to sort things out with her ministry and to look after the kids, but knowing her she would have been quite busy so she may have gotten a foal sitter. But I was completely unaware of where she was right now.

I got up and walked up towards the cockpit and leaned in through the door.

“Hey you two, how’s it going?”

“Mighty fine matrix just mighty fine” replied bolt

“That’s good to know” but that’s when I noticed that star was looking slightly bigger than usual

“Heh looks like someone’s got a bun in the oven” I said sarcastically to star who now began to blush a little as well as bolt

“So when did you do the dead, you might as well confess”

“Six months ago” said bolt

“That long ago huh eh bolt, am I expecting a filly or colt” I asked

“Twin filly’s” said star “but we haven’t come up with names yet”

“That’s great news and don’t worry you’ve still got plenty of time and if you can’t think of anything I’ll be willing to help out” I said

“Oh thank you matrix, you’re such a dear” replied star

“I know I am” I said jokingly getting them both to chuckle a little

“Ok matrix were about two minutes out” said bolt

“Alright mate I’ll get geared up” I answered then walked back into the crew compartment and began to load up.

I picked up and loaded bozar then checked my pip-buck to see the status of my ammo, 1200 rounds, plenty for me. I slung it over my back and picked up my other weapons, my two dual weld pistols dubbed ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ they were both Beretta 9mm’s, when I came here I only had one but when I met my friend silver he took my gun and enchanted it, he made an exact copy of the gun so I had two of them, he also made them so that they had unlimited ammo and never broke, but that didn’t stop them from overheating.

I spun them on my fingers and slotted them into the holster’s on my hips, I picked up a few grenade’s and checked my knife’s again, dual lighting blades in my shoulder sheaths with combat knife on my hip, check. I then turned and moved back to the cockpit.

“We there yet” I asked them

“Were about a minute out……wait I can see the drop zone now right there” said bolt pointing a hoof at the terrain in front of us

“Holy shit” I said out loud. From what I could see there was a trench almost surrounded by black and white figures that were pouring out from a nearby village with artillery fire all over the place and bullets flying everywhere.

“Guys this zone is too hot for you to land, just fly over the field, I’m going to drop in”

“Erm I don’t remember packing any parachutes matrix” said bolt

“You forget who you’re talking to bolt, I don’t need a parachute plus I don’t want to risk you guys getting shot down especially when you’ve got kids on the way, I don’t want to you guys to die because of me and you can consider it an order”

“Ok buddy, your call, I’m opening the side door now”

“Thanks guys I’ll see you on the other side” I said before exiting the cockpit and walking over to the other side of the compartment to the door, I quickly pulled out my iPod, and selected a track to listen to. I pulled of my helmet, put in my earphones and put my helmet back on. Now I just had to wait until bolt gave to word to jump.

"10 seconds………..5….4....3….2….1….Drop! Drop! Drop!” Said bolt as we passed overhead of the trench. I then ran
straight through the door and began to go into free-fall.

Let me tell you when you’re falling from 300 metres and you’re picking up speed rapidly heading into warzone, most would freak out, but not me, I was trained for this and thanks to the augmentations I went through I was damn near hard to kill. Bullets and artillery shells missing me by inches but I didn’t even flinch, about 100 metres from making contact from the ground.

I felt the familiar tingling feeling in my hands. My magic was kicking in and just at the right time too.
Time reduced to a crawl as I approached the ground just in time for me correct myself before I hit the ground. When I hit the ground I sent out a small shockwave of dirt and debris knocking over a few zebra soldiers. I stood up from the position I had hit the ground in and pulled out my gun as time went back to normal. I aimed without S.A.T.S dropping a few zebra’s instantly then I ran backwards towards the trench where the platoon was holding up.

Character switch Rainbow’s POV

Five minutes, five measly fucking minutes, that’s how long we need to wait here for him to get here, please celestia helps us, help us survive just five more minutes.

I peered over the edge of the trench and was met with three charging zebra’s so I pulled up my mouth grip and fired a quick round burst at them dropping all three of them. This continued for the next couple of minutes until I the captain spoke up

“General, back up is inbound E.T.A 1 minute!” he said avoiding a volley of bullets fly overhead narrowly missing him by inches

“I see the vertibuck, inbound from the east” shouted another soldier along the trench, I turned my head and saw the flying metal machine heading towards our position very quickly, then it passed overhead but didn’t stop to turn around but kept on going.

That’s when I saw the a tall figure jump of the side of the vertibuck and went into free-fall and many seconds later he impacted the ground creating a shockwave of dirt around him knocking over some zebra soldier’s. He then stood up and pulled the gun strapped to his back and downed a few zebras he then turned around and ran towards us and jumped into the trench landing next to me, completely missing me , slamming his back against the dirt wall, he took off his helmet, revealing his dark brown hair and light blue eyes.

Just further down the trench some soldiers had noticed him drop in so unexpectedly and where saying things like ‘oh my goddesses its him’ or ‘it the human were saved’ so seemed to notice them but not me so I think it’s time I surprised him.

“You sure do know how to make and entrance, don’t you mat” I said into his ear

“Rainbow?” he said then quickly turned his head towards me in complete shock

“In the flesh”

“Dashie, what are you doing here? I thought you were on leave”

I took of my helmet then brought him into a kiss which he returned.

“I was called last minute to help support these guys that’s when I requested you here”

"Ah, right" he said before I pulled him into anther kiss

“Wait dashie who’s looking after the kids?”

“I asked ditzy doo if she could and she said yes thankfully”
"
That’s good to know” he said before he looked over my shoulder to see the captain looking at us

“Specialist matrix, sir” said the captain before saluting him.

“At ease captain, what’s the situation?”

“Low on ammo, many wounded, were almost surrounded and there’s a crap load of them with the possibility of a zebra general in the village north of us”

“copy that, they won’t be a problem just give me any covering fire you can and I get it done, dashie, shock and drop manoeuvre” he said before putting his helmet back on and grabbing his rifle and vaulting over the trench wall.

“Is he fucking crazy? He’ll torn up out there” said the captain

“He’s not crazy……he my husband!” I said as I flew out the trench to catch up with ‘mat’

Character switch matrix POV

As I jumped out the trench the next track started playing through my headphones.

music link

Linkin park, just what I needed” I thought as I gripped Bozar in my hands that were still glowing as I was greeted by two zebra’s but they dropped the floor instantly as I put two rounds in their heads, I heard the flapping of wings behind me and a pair of hooves wrapping under my arms and lifting me up into the air.

“Ok dash, get me towards the entrance of the village then get back to cover” I shouted over the gun fire.

“No, I’ve got your back on this one”

“Well they don’t call you the element of loyalty for nothing”

“Ok dash but stay behind me ok!”

“Alright, ok were there”

“Ok let go…….Now! I said as she flung me into the air and again began to free-fall and when I impacted the ground in sent out another shockwave with my magic, stunning anything in its radius. I quickly regained my stance and ran forward spraying lead at anything with black and white stripes, then the mag went dry so I just slung it and kicked one of the dead zebras rifle into the air, caught it and emptied it magazine before throwing it away and pulling out my lighting blades and just went mad with them slashing and electrocuting any zebra that crossed my path with dashie covering my back.

We eventually made it to the middle of the village and where we couldn’t see any hostile’s at all so I sent rainbow upwards to check out the village from above.

Wrong move

I looked around and about five zebra armed with guns came out from the surrounding houses aiming at me, I had an idea so I slowly re-sheathed my knifes and went for the handle of my duals welds,

Time for a little gun kata” I thought then quickly pulled out my guns then started shooting as they were now a metre away from me

(Kind of like this) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6PX4UYN_a9I#t=90s

They all dropped to the ground in seconds, full of holes, with in complete disbelieve I had just done that.

“Holy shit that was awesome” said dash as she flew down beside me after just witnessing me pulling of that stunt
I was about to thank her but was stopped when my gaze fell upon anther zebra who was walking slowly towards us, from what I could see he had some sort of high ranking attire and two samurai looking swords strapped to his sides and a general’s cap of his head…..wait …………oh shit its him.

(Green writing means the characters are speaking in zebrican)

So it seems you’ve managed to defeat my fellow zebras” he spoke in zebrican

Please if they weren’t such shit shots they would have been a challenge” I replied

Ah so you speak our tongue, demon" he was right i knew how to speak there language, i wasnt sure how but i just could, there are some things i can do that even i cant explain oh god i'm becoming pinkie

"I also see that you can shoot, but how good can you swing a blade” as he drew one of his swords and threw it at me which I caught by the handle

“Dashie, get back to the trench and get the captain to bring up the platoon” I whispered to her who she nodded and slowly retreated backwards to our soldiers. The zebra was looking at her as she moved away.

Your fights not with her, it’s with me” I spoke in his language then charged at him, my magic make time slow to a crawl, he ran at me too then we clashed swords but with the amount force we had put into our attacks we both dropped them and we went for our pistols

(And again kind of like this but Imagine the guy in the blue suit is the zebra fighting on his back legs hard to imagine yes I know but still, stop vid at 2:45 ish) video link

this guy was one strong zebra but i managed to get the upper hand, When I pushed him of I pulled the trigger and the round slammed into his chest at close range sending him on his back. I turned around and saw that rainbow and the captain had arrived with what was left of the platoon, about ten other pony’s, then I heard the zebra general groan in pain and I shot a look back at him, if you could see my face behind my helmet my eyes were wide open in shock, he had pulled out what looked like a detonator of sorts.

Now…..you all die” he said in his language before pushing the button. Then a loud eruption sounded across the battlefield, that’s when we saw a barrage of missiles ascend into the air form behind the village and turned in mid-air……………heading right for us.

BASTARD LED US RIGHT INTO AT TRAP” my mind screamed

stop current sing and play this video link

“EVERYPONY GET BACK TO THEN TRENCH NOW, FUCKING MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!” I shouted as we turned tail and ran back towards the entrance of the village. I was running at full pelt, rainbow at my side the captain behind me somewhere and the rest of the platoon scattered running towards the safety of the trench. Time seemed to slow but I took at glance at my hands and noticed that they weren’t glowing at all but I just kept running. Then the first wave of rockets impacted the ground behind us knocking us over. I got to my feet but my foot caught on something, I looked and saw that rainbow was pinned under a chunk on debris and was gripping my leg.

“DASHIE, NO!” I yelled before throwing the debris of her and picking her up in my arms and continued sprinting towards the trench. I reached it and jumped down into it and set her down gently before I helped the captain who was dragging an unconscious pony backwards in as well just before the second wave hit, I dived back down and covered dashie with my body using it and my armour as her shield as the barrage kept raining down on us.

After five minutes of keeping our heads down the barrages ceased and everything went quiet except from the occasional firing of guns and artillery in the distance. I yelled for every pony to sound of and was met with a certain amount of replies, the captain had said we lost at least two during our retreat, we would get there body’s and tags later but for now we just attended the wounded.


30 minutes later


I was now laying back against the trench wall with my eyes closed and rainbow resting on my lap, I was thinking about how I nearly lost her, but she only earned a broken wing so I was grateful for that, but until we could get her any healing potions bandages had to do. I had helped the medic heal the wounded to the best of our abilities with the supplies we had scavenged form the zebras.

I had gone back into the now smouldering village and had gathered the bodies of any zebras I had found and buried them in the village centre marking their graves with their rifle with their helmets on top. Some of the pony questioned why I did that, some didn’t say anything rainbow and the captain didn’t say anything either. They understood why, I was just a thing I did to respect the dead.

Now we were just waiting for reinforcement’s to help back us in case any zebras decided to come back. And it looked like our prayers had been answered as three vertibuck approached us and landed right next to us, the lead one was the ‘zebra hunter’ and I could see it pilots thought the cockpit windscreen. Then the side door opened up and out walked a familiar face followed by ten more ponies with rifles.

“Silver? The fuck are you doing here?”

“I’m your reinforcements and were here to get you and the wounded out” he said as I walked over to him with rainbow on my back eying up the ponies exiting the vertibuck’s.

“Well it’s good to see you again old friend but a shame it had to be like this and such a short reunion”

“ah well we can make up for lost time later but for now just get the wounded and yourself loaded and well take it from here” he said cockily I just shrugged him of and went into the ‘zebra hunter’ and put dash down of the bench then went to help get the rest of the wounded on board, we were now ready so I just stood at the door looking out at the now ruined, war torn landscape as we slowly lifted into the air, I glanced over at silver as he saluted me with a hoof which I returned with a two finger salute then shut the door and sat down against the bulkhead wall into a much needed sleep.


stop music


Well guys this chapter was an absolute nightmare to make took me two weeks on and off but I finally got there in the end hope you enjoyed and yeah i know some bits look odd like the giving guns to foals things and the hostage scene but my mind was troubled trying to get round that so they kind of stuck any spelling mistakes you find fell free to point them out and i'll change them now for some rest RM laterz



songs used;

never forget / halo 3 ost

barra barra / black hawk down

new divide / linkin park

mad world / Gary Jules