• Published 7th May 2012
  • 4,283 Views, 69 Comments

Fallout Equestria: project human - Gaz1997



a alternative ending/follow on from my first story crashed and burned

  • ...
59
 69
 4,283

Prologue Re-Write complete

'War......war never changes.......most of us have heard this sentence before.

Time.......time is something, something that nopony has ever managed to get enough of, seems it just keeps running out from under our hooves.

But war, of course it never changes, only the players that take part in it change, all hoping to change the tides of conflict in there favour by doing everything in there power to gain that littlest of edges, even if it means going into total war, going across the line completely.

This is what the two sides of the great Equestrian war, two hundred years ago did, the ponies versus the zebra's.

For almost two decades the two powers fought it out in tough, bitter, bone shattering conditions, killing each other for reasons that many on the battlefield had long forgotten.

The ponies, being slightly more advanced than there zebra counterparts had many secrets up there metaphorical sleeves.

They had weapons, weapons of destruction, the worst was probably as we all know..........was the mega-spell, they brought down a rain of bale-fire upon there target and left nothing behind in its wake, how the zebra's obtained them or even made them remains a mystery to most, but that didn't matter then, what mattered was what they destroyed.

It was said that Cloudsdayle, home to the pegasi, fell first, then Manehatten, the capital Canterlot and finally fillydelphia, then supposedly the zebracan cities, ending the conflict and sending the populations underground.

They had many weapons, but there was one in particular, that was one of the most effective of the lot, a living, breathing, natural machine who's natural ability in war and conflict was unmatched by nopony, for being from another world entirely this added even more to his gifted abilities.

His story begins many years before the fighting broke out, in the small town of ponyville where it was almost considered a normal day with the sun and moon goddesses coming to visit, sure it was a normal until he arrived.

It was said he arrived in a grey metal bird, made of technology beyond pony kinds capabilities back then, upon his arrival at first, he was feared, then looked upon in curiosity, and finally he became liked by the towns populace and eventually most of pony kind, he was a friend to many, family to some, and a lover to one..............or was it two? they said back then that the sun goddess saved him upon the brink of death on his home world, not many knew was that he never wanted to live there any more anyway, and the fact that he was only regarded a young youth at the time.

He was a national hero and a well respected individual....... well that's what they said along with his family and friends, but when the conflict broke out, he immediately signed up without a moments hesitation, they said that he had forgotten his own home by then and made Equestria his new place to call refuge, and he would defend it with all his might for he cared more for the pony folk than his own kind. quite noble to some eyes, though nothing stands to show his deeds, no posters? no statues? nothing but just a tale.

During the war he became an unknown rarely seen legend to most, a beacon of hope to some, a figure head like the goddesses but not on powerful scale though, he led soldiers forward onto battle to gain victory, and many a time he and the troops he lead would come out on top.

But he couldn't stop what came next. the megaspells fired, and destroyed everything, many say he was there and watched as his world was plunged into what it has become today, its obvious he was there, then how did the myths come along.

The legends and myths, there are a few floating around, all spouting that he either died or survived, one even said that he was lying dormant inside a stable.

Who knows, not many since he's only regarded a myth nowadays anyways. but I think that sometime very soon, he's going to return, because I know for a fact that he's alive............and he's not going to be very happy to what he returns to'.

"well................thank you for that.....inspiring little tale there........friend, and yes iv'e heard of the myths and legends, but I don't think there probably is going to happen any time soon, just old pony tales",

"oh I wouldn't think like that Dj pon3"

"really? well I might hold you to that because ten caps says so, and oh but can you answer me this? I seem to have forgotten the name of this being you've told us"

"well I'd be happy to answer that, although I cannot recall his real name, but what I can tell you is this, he was known as project human"

"thank you for that my dear storyteller and thank you Equestrian wasteland for listening in to this little epic i've brought to you today, this has been Dj pon3 and now some music"



Was this legend really true? did any pony really believe that the myths were true at all in any sense? well only one knows that they are, and that one is the over mare of stable ninety-seven.



/-\ stable ninety seven, lower levels, 24 hours later /-\



Three sets of hooves could be heard, plodding along one of the lowers levels along its old rustic aesthetic floor, one of them belonged to a young earth pony filly, she donned a burgundy coat with a light purple mane and tail with dark brown eyes, her cutie mark was......well she had yet to earn it, although she had a ways with words, it was like her name suggested, little twist.

The other two pairs belonged to a pair of unicorn brothers, one was eleven the other twelve, so you may as well expect the rivalry between to two, Batter up the younger of the two had a dark olive green coat with a Matt black mane and tail with light blue eyes, his cutie mark as you might have suggested also a baseball bat, the same one he always kept at his side, and the same one his farther gave to him, he was the best batter the stable had ever gained to have

His older brother, circuitry, whore a dull-ish yellow coat with a green-blue mane and tail with lighter green highlights in them, his cutie mark, a circuit board. he's a young wizard when it comes to computers. how he earned it, well saying he trotted through a flooded sewer systems pipe just to find a faulty control panel, rewire it and reseal it, without falling unconscious from walking through crap, literally, if that don't earn a cutie mark then what doesn't.

All three lived together, well most of the time, in the brothers apartment that they owned after there parents had....gone per say, as far as they know the brothers's mother had died a few short hours after giving birth after catching an unwanted cold that heralded no good in her already weakened state and the fact that they couldn't set up a blood transfer quick enough.

There farther, he died almost a year ago in a work related accident, not sure how and probably never will, little twists parents whilst very much alive had rather important jobs amongst that stable's ponies that they rarely ever could look after her properly, so the brothers took her in. been best friends ever since few those years ago.

Right now though, the 'trio' as they had sometimes become to be known were now walking along one of the lower maintenance corridors, woefully looking for something to do to break them out of the normal routine they would always do, which consisted of fuck all to be honest with you, you clearly have no recognition of how boring a stable can be do you?

"ugh, goddesses this is so boring, isn't there anything better we could be doing than being down here, this place is bloody boring!"

She may be a filly, but that doesn't mean so doesn't pick up stuff that she shouldn't say, which is kinda ironic since they are living in a plagued, radioactive hell, underground it though. still, don't piss her of, she has the hoof of a boxer.

"I know for goddesses sake! you aren't the only one! but like I said before if we keep looking who knows what we might find" said batty, as reassuring as could anyways.

his brother, un-fazed by the conversation kept walking onwards "come on guys lets try this way" he spoke as he went right at a T-junction.

"well somepony clearly knows where there bloody going?"

"but I don't?" she just looked at him with a face that clearly spoke 'are you fucking kidding me mate!'

"you sure you 'don't' know where you're going bro? or should I say cables?"

"ha ha screw you 'batzy' and how many times have i told you not to call me that jackass!"

"what cables? and im not a donkey!"

sibling rivalry, at it's finest.

"yes, yes you are now for the millionth bloody time shut-" SLAM!

circuitry, who clearly wasn't looking where he was going smacked face first into the dead end of the corridor, what an idiot.

"oh for fu- you know what screw you guys im going home!" shouted twist realizing they were going nowhere.

"twist wait there a second" called batty

"why there's clearly nothing here!" she shouted as she slammed her head on the wall next to her, although it didn't 'sound' like a wall, in fact when she moved away a small jet of air rushed past her and the part of the wall her face was previously resting on flung open revealing some sort of computer of sorts.

"the hell" she looked at it with a lopsided face of confusion "oh look I found something!"

"well at least you used you're head for once, in a literal sense" replied batty only to receive a swipe from the mare.

"so I wonder what this does" questioned circuitry as he put his hooves on the console "let me get to work on this"

"whoa whoa whoa whoa, whoa, do you know what that could do, or what it could unleash?"

"yeah it's a computer, and I doubt it's gonna release a swarm of rapist radroaches!" berated batty, himself earning another smack to the face.

"just shut up you dolt"

"I have bat you know"

"and im a mare so you cant touch me, bucking idiot"

she turned back to the older brother

"and you, I know you’re a nerd and everything but it doesn't mean you have to go looking at every single thing that has a keyboard and have an orgasm over it"

yeah she's seen and heard too much for her age..............im sorry for that by the way.

"Any-ways, twist don't you wanna see what it does?"

"Fine but if we get killed horribly maimed or in trouble, im just gonna pull a sweet face and blame it all on you"

"Oooooooooh watch out stable ninety seven, we have a bad flank over *Gak*!" sadly he couldn't finish his words as two sets of hooves wrapped around his throat. although it did shut him up. meanwhile cables continued tapping away at the keyboard.

five minutes later they were still sat there waiting for him to do whatever it was that he was doing, twist had become transfixed on some part of the floor whilst batty sat next to her holding his neck complaining under his breath about her un-godly strength.

"batty" she began as nicely she could "the hell is taking so long"

"some stupid passwords giving me a hard time.....almost got it.....success!"

they were silenced by a loud-ish warning siren and a small light flashing on and off,

*Warning! Warning! Cryo chamber systems activated, door opening, repeat, Cryo chamber systems activated, door opening* spoke the computerized voice then another rush of air came past them from the wall directly behind were Batty was sitting. he quickly moved forward then turned around with his bat at the ready, Twist quickly moved behind batty while his brother flanked him to his left as they looked at the wall. Suddenly steam shot out from the corners of the wall and the small red light was flashing away.

they all looked at each other with mixed expressions, then the wall in front of them, rolled downwards.



-----------------------------------------------------
the Over mares office.
-----------------------------------------------------



The Over mare was sitting at her desk, going through her daily routines of being the over mare of a stable, being in charge of a stable housing over a thousand ponies, can be quite a feat at times with its stress levels but she kept a cool head none the less. right now though she was busy typing away some notes onto her personal terminal, then she turned her head away from the computer to take a quick sip of her drink next to her.

stable coffee wasn't to say the best drink on offer but it was sustenance and drinkable at best, things were mostly quite and calm in her stable, the way she wanted and it needed to be, calm, peaceful and alls well.

suddenly, her computer flashed to life and a loud noise broke the silence, her ears instantly perked up on her head and she quickly turned to the screen, a warning labelled *Cryo chamber systems activated, all primary systems online, chamber main door opening, repeat, Cryo chamber systems activated, all primary systems online, chamber main door opening*

"Oh fuck" she shouted as she scrambled from he slouched position and quickly grabbed the microphone

“This is the overmare, I need all security officers and personal to report to my office right now! I say again, this is the overmare I need all security to report to my office now!”

She lifted her hoof of the transmit button on the mic and instantly began worrying.

"Oh goddesses this is bad, real bad................wait but how can anyone get in? there's only two ways? here and...."

her eyes widened at this and dashed for the computer, she quickly typed in her password and went to the video security feeds, what she saw made her eyes widen even more.

"Well............Shit"



/-\ meanwhile /-\



three pairs of hooves again could be heard, the trio cautiously moved forward in to unknown room.

"This isn't right, this room shouldn't even be here, this is weird"

"Weird? what makes you say that?"

"Its not showing up on my pip-bucks map"

"That is weird"

As the two brothers conversed, twist was slowly walking around inspecting this new part of the vault that they had discovered, the walls were covered in white tiles, and atop them a layer of frost that seemed to have lay there for years, and the further she walked in, the colder it seemed to get,

"Its real cold in here" she managed to voice between chattering teeth.

"Like we didn't know that" answered batty cockily, yet again earning another swipe from the filly.

"Batty, someday you'll learn to stop talking shit then I wouldn't have to keep hitting you're stupid ass all the time" she said in her most kindly voice.

As they ventured further into the room, the temperature kept dropping, desks and surfaces twinkled from the untouched frost that lay upon everything. as they rounded one last corner they stopped in there tracks, three large tubular things lay angled and connected to the adjacent wall, the front of it seemed to have a glass covered topped with its layer of frost, each tube had a terminal connected to the front of it and from each tube a small plume of cold air arose.

"Whoa" batter up whistled.

"Any guess as to what they are"

"They look like big freezers"

They walked up to the nearest one as cables started working on the computer at the end of it, only to find that none of the fills could be opened as they all came up with classified. and that the cryostasis was normal?

"Cryostasis?"

"Cryo means cold right?" asked twist

"I believe so, so these must be some kind of freezer, but what's being frozen?"

"Sean 'Silver' Silverstein" they both looked to cables.

"You what?

"Its a pony, there's a pony in there" Batty moved up to the glass and with a hoof scraped as much of the frost of it as he could, revealing the pony that was indeed inside.

"Whoa, how long do you think he's been in there?"

"Since the time the Mega-spells dropped it says" he replied

"Holy crap" said twist her jaw dropping, a pony on ice since the great day of destruction.

Cables moved onto the next terminal, only to be blocked as soon as started typing, the green screen flashing the words, unauthorised access only. so he moved onto the last one.

He still struggled to bypass the multiple pass-codes, but he did it nonetheless. a small number of files came up, the first labelled..

"Joint project, Project Human?" he opened the file but only for it to have almost nothing on it.

"What's in this one?" asked his brother.

"Says here its 'Specialist Matrix, Project Human of the joint operation of the Ministry's Of Magic, Image, wartime technology and awesome"

"That's a big mouthful, sounds like whoever this pony is and was very important" chimed Twist.

"It's no pony"

"Whu?

"Come look, there's a video file here"

They crowed round the terminal as cables opened the file.

"This is Specialist Matrix of the Royal Equestrian army, Code White, I repeat this is a code White, the zebras have just launched a massive Equestrian wide fucking nuclear strike on us, Cloudsdale is gone, I repeat I confirm that Cloudsdale has been destroyed, no other confirmation of any of the other cities, as code white has been declared all the stables are closing and I am to report to stable ninety seven for Cryostasis........*sigh* the worlds gone to complete shit out there, I can only hope my friends, rainbow and the princesses make it..."

They looked at the monitor, and couldn't believe at what they were seeing, the creature that called itself the specialist definitely wasn't a pony, not to mention this was being recorded as the bombs fell. the creature itself had a palish skin with a very flatter face with green eyes and a short dark brown mane.

"I can't believe it, after all these years of war, they finally decide now to end it, how in the actual living fuck did they obtain suck a bloody weapon...." he looked away from the camera, he looked on the very edge of losing it. until a fouls voice sounded.

"Daddy, why are we here?"

"Shhhh baby daddy's a little busy, we'll be going to sleep soon yeah kiddo, go sit with you're brother yeah"

"Yes daddy" he looked back to the camera.

"As the directive says, im supposed to go into cryo sleep until its been deemed worthy that everything up top has cleared itself or by manual release. in all fucking honesty, I don't fancy sleeping in here for long so I hope to god that someone comes down here to wake me up" another voice spoke up.

"Mat we need to get going man"

"Course dude, put kids to bed will yah?" He looked back at the camera once again, "to whoever finds this, wake us, when you need us. this is specialist matrix, sighing of"

The screen went black. then came back up with another screen, but this time with 2 options.



'WAKE THE SLEEPING CASKET. YES/NO.....'



"Holy shit"