• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 5,309 Views, 27 Comments

Save me - WhiteFur



Twilight had always been the one to save the day, but what happens when she is the one in need of saving. The Changeling queen is back and out for revenge.

  • ...
23
 27
 5,309

The Lover's Ball

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Twilight-=====----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the clock strikes eight, my friends and I descend the stairs, my stomach in knots to see Flash. What will he think of how I look, will he like it?
Nerves and insecurities race through my head, but as we turn the last corner and I see him standing at the bottom, they disappear.

He is beyond handsome: his suit royal and perfect, his mane perfectly styled. His eyes, oh those eyes that I could stare at forever hold only mine. He stares up at me eyes filled with wonder and awe; it feels like it is just him and me, all others fade from thought and sight. My heart races as I descend the last few steps and stand before him.

“Wow Twilight, your beauty astounds me. All of you ladies are the embodiment of beauty.” Flash smells heavily of deep cinnamon.

“I couldn’t have agreed more.” Shining Armor says, coming up behind Flash, dressed in his own royal jacket, except his is purple and gold.

“My dear you look ravishing.” He strides up to Cadence kissing her passionately, but quickly.

“And you, dear husband, are too sweet. Now come, let us attend the ball.” Together they walk off, my friends following them, leaving just Flash and I.

“You are truly beautiful Twilight. And I have a gift for you.” His voice is soft and sweet as he steps toward me bringing a gift wrapped in silver out from his pocket.

“You didn’t need to buy me anything.” I say, a blush creeping on to my face. I use my magic to open the bag and take out the most gorgeous locket. It is silver on a silver chain, a moon and sun on the outside. “Flash it is beyond beautiful.”

“Open it.” I unhitch the catch and inside carved onto either side our cutie marks. His mark on the right and mine on the left.

“Flash,” Is all I can say as I am caught up in my emotions. I lean towards him and try to tell him through a kiss just how much I love his gift. Breaking away he takes the locket and fastens it around my neck.

“I would love to stay here all night and kiss you Twilight, but there is a ball where we are both expected.” He says as he wraps a wing around my shoulder as we enter the ballroom.

Passing through the doors, we are met with thunderous applause. I blush and hide my face behind my wing. Flash simply pulls me closer to him.

We walk toward the stage, where Cadence and Shinning stand. “We owe thanks to this mare, Twilight Sparkle, for years ago, on this day, saw the truth and spoke for it amongst doubt and uncertainty. She saw the truth of who the changeling queen was pretending to be. So, on this night every year, we hold a ball in celebrations of love. For it is love that grants this kingdom power and protection, it is love that saved us that day. So welcome one and all to the Lovers ball, tonight we celebrate!” Cadence speech is heartfelt and honest, we all applaud her for it.

“Let’s get this party started!” Pinkie Pie shouts, turning on some mild beat tunes. Everypony starts dancing, losing ourselves in the beats and rhythm. I dance near Flash and my friends join us. We have a blast from song to song and playing games.

When a slow song finally comes on, Flash wraps me in his wings and leads me to the middle of the floor. With his wings wrapped around me we sway gently to the music. Laying my head on his shoulder I relax and find comfort. Tonight is perfect, he is perfect. I could have never imagined a more perfect colt.

As the song ends, Flash leans in close to my ear, “Walk outside with me.” He says it as a command but I have learned to read his eyes and it is a question. Nodding my head I follow him out to the balcony.
The sun has set, the full moon shinning bright in the sky. The stars like glimmers of hopes in dreams set into the night sky. The night is beautiful, but I can’t help but find the colt standing in front of me better. He is looking at me as if scared about what he is about to say.

“Twilight, this last month has been amazing, spending time with you unlike anything else. Now I can’t tell you if it was the first moment you bumped into me, or the first conversation, the first date, or seeing you tonight, but I can say without a doubt that I love you, that I’m in love with you. Every moment I have been by your side, my heart has filled with more and more love for you.” It takes me a moment as this sinks in, my heart growing stronger and being filled with more love.

“Flash, I love you too; I-I have loved you since I met you, even though I didn’t know it at the time.” We just stare at each other, reveling in our revelations. I am loved and he is loved, the rest of the world falling away.

“There you two are! Come back to the party would you?!” Pinkie Pie shouts suddenly, jumping up and down, laughing as we both blush. With one final loving look, we rejoin the party and my friends.

The night continues on in perfection, dancing, games and light hearts. Tonight my heart has grown and not just for my colt, but for my friends whose presence and friendship have long since been in my heart.

“Tonight has been amazing.” I say, settling into the pillows thrown around my floor, my fiends also lying down. We have taken off our gowns, though I still wear my locket, and our hanging out just us girls, Cadence included.

“Thank you, all of you, for making this the best Lover’s ball.” Cadance says.

“Speaking of love, Twilight, why don’t you share that new necklace hangin' around your neck with everypony?” Rainbow dash says, goading me into sharing.

“It’s a gift from Flash.” I say, taking it off and passing it around for everypony to look at.

“Oh Twilight, this is marvelous darling! Flash is defiantly a keeper.” Rarity says passing it to Applejack.

“He sure is, sugar cube.” She says as the necklace is passed back to me. Quickly I refasten it around my neck, reveling in the feel of it against my chest.

“I still can’t believe you have a coltfriend Twilight, and I haven’t even gotten to throw a party celebrating it!” Pinkie Pie giggles before pulling out a few random bits of confetti and throwing it in the air. All of us laugh.

“I like him Twilight, he is very kind.” Fluttershy adds.

“Okay, let’s talk about something else! Did any of you meet a suitor tonight.” Conversation shifts to them as we talk about all the colts at tonight’s ball. Seems that my friends are also starting to find love.
Soon we are all yawning and falling asleep as we sit.

“Alright girls, I’m off to bed, thank you again so much for helping tonight.” Cadance takes her leave and soon the rest of my friends follow all ushering their own goodbyes. Standing, I am exhausted, my legs shaking underneath me. I may have healed a lot since coming here, but such a long day leaves little strength to even a healthy mare. I start to put the pillows back, straightening the room ounce again.

“You should be in bed princess.” Flash says as he comes in. A smile jumps to my face as he trots toward me.

“I’m just tiding up, and don’t call me princess.” I’m just putting back the last pillow when all of a sudden I’m off the ground in Flash's hooves as he hovers above the ground, flying me toward my bed. He puts me down and brings the covers up around us as we settle down and cuddle for the night, his embrace comforting me into a blissful night’s sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Queen Chrysalis----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sappy words of love ring like sour notes through my mind. These insolent ponies, yes their love feeds me, but the sappiness of their words and gestures nauseate me. My disguise held true tonight; though nopony was wise enough to know the difference. Watching Twilight fall under the stupid blindness of love, the thought makes me want to vomit.

As I watch the ignorant colt trot quietly into Twilights room, I bite back a scream. He is going to ruin my plan. Tonight is the night to kidnap the stupid princess; she is blinded by bliss and happiness. Her body still weak, ripe for the taking. Insolent fool! I start to shake with anger my disguise slipping. Control, I must gain control. I quiet my body and my mind imaging the torture I wish to inflict on the purple pony. I will just have to wait till the stallion leaves. And wait I will.

Author's Note:

Thank you to TheNewBionivBrony for the help in editing!