• Published 13th Nov 2011
  • 18,342 Views, 410 Comments

New World, New Beginning - Speven Dillberg



Justin is stuck in Equestria. Not that he minds.

  • ...
43
 410
 18,342

Moonlit Magic

“Princess Luna?” Postie asked, still in awe at the being in front of him.

“It is us!” she answered loudly, holding her head up high. Her mane trailed in the air behind her with the help of a non-existent wind, as did her tail.

“Uhh, ‘us?’” Postie asked, the stallion was unable to stop himself from opening his mouth.

The Princess of the Night blinked before groaning and bringing a hoof to the side of her head. “Do not use the Royal We, Luna. How may times must I tell myself that?” she muttered angrily.

“At least you’re not using the Royal Canterlot Voice anymore,” Twilight said with a nervous chuckle as she straightened.

“That was my sister’s doing. She managed to convince me that it was still proper to address our subjects in that way.”

Postie noted the somewhat sullen tone the Princess spoke in but decided it didn’t really matter. “Royal Canterlot Voice?” he asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

He saw Twilight duck down and cover her head out of the corner of his eye a moment before a solid wall of air slammed into him, sending him flying across the library. “THIS IS THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!” Princess Luna yelled, her booming voice deafening the stallion as he slammed into a bookcase, causing the contents to fall on him. “Oh dear,” the Princess said quietly when she saw what she had done.

“Justin?” Twilight asked as she approached the stallion, who was now buried under a small pile of literature. “Are you okay?”

He burst out of the pile with a gasp. “That was loud!” he exclaimed

“Forgive me, Justin. I did not mean any harm,” Luna replied apologetically.

“What?” the pegasus asked loudly. “I can’t hear you.” The unicorn and alicorn shared a worried glance. “My ears are ringing a LOT,” the pegasus said, oblivious to their concern.

“Oh.” The Princess’ horn glowed for less than a second as she restored Postie’s hearing. “There.”

Postie blinked as he shook his head from side to side. “Thank you,” he replied when he had finished.

Luna seemed immensely relieved and let out a small sigh. “I suppose you two are wondering why I am here,” she stated.

“Is this something to do with what you did to me?” Postie asked before Twilight could get a word in edgewise.

“Exactly...” The alicorn’s voice trailed off. “My sister was not happy with my actions. She seems to think that it’s best that you are returned to how you were.”

There was a short silence. “Princess Luna, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Twilight said slowly.

“You know why I made that wish, don’t you?” Postie asked quietly.

“Your feelings for a pegasus mare, one of the Elements of Harmony, the Bearer of Loyalty.”

“Rainbow Dash,” Twilight said automatically.

“I love being a pony. I’m in love with a pony. And it feels right.” Postie looked up at the Princess, the desperation in his eyes clear as the full moon. “And you want to take that away from me?”

“No!” the Princess replied. “My sister... Celestia simply suggested that it might be best to reverse what I did. I can see now that doing so will only end badly.” She raised a hoof to interrupt Postie as he tried to speak up. “I must contact her first, though. To let her know what is going on.” She closed her eyes and her horn began to glow as she began to telepathically communicate with her older sister.

Luna? You know I need to sleep. I’m not nocturnal like you.

Tia, you know I wouldn’t interrupt your sleep unless it was important.

I know, dear sister. Forgive me. There was a pause which Luna interpreted as her sister yawned.

What requires my attention so desperately that my sleep must be interrupted?

Luna rolled her eyes under her lids, knowing full well Celestia would refuse to drop it.

The human I turned into a pony.

Ah. There was a pause that made the Princess of the Night nervous. I take it that he refused?

He says that he has fallen in love, both with being a pony and with a pony.

He has? came Celestia’s puzzled reply. This caught Luna off-guard as she was unaccustomed to having information that her sister didn’t. Celestia was always the puppet master, making information a valuable tool. Luna, meanwhile, was much better at thinking on her hooves, making knowledge less valuable. I didn’t expect that to happen when I met him.

Oh?

He seemed content to simply stay here and live out the rest of his life.

The only reason I granted his wish was his feelings. Also, a lot can change in two weeks, Luna said calmly. It took only ten days for -

I thought we agreed not to speak of that, sister. Luna recognised the sadness in her sister’s voice, something that was as rare as a pony like Pinkie Pie. After all, that wasn’t you.

I know, sister. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have brought it up.

It’s okay, Luna. There was another pause, this one longer and more awkward. I suppose there’s not much choice, is there?

Luna opened an eye and saw Postie helping Twilight replacing the books that had been knocked loose by his impact. She was surprised how easily he managed with hooves and wings. It would certainly seem impolite, seeing how he has learnt to fly so easily.

He has? came the surprised reply. Luna was sure that she could detect a note of joy. Well then, will you require any assistance?

No, it should be simple to alter what I did. Besides, I’m in the company of, as you put it, ‘the most talented unicorn since Starswirl’.

I did say that, didn’t I? Celestia replied, her tone filled with mirth. Okay then, just make sure that she understands what you are to do.

Of course, sister. Good night.

Good night. With that, Celestia severed the telepathic link.

Luna opened her eyes and saw the two ponies looking at her expectantly. “Well?” Twilight Sparkle asked. “What did Princess Celestia say?”

“My sister agreed that it would be best to leave things as they are now.”

Luna had expected the pegasus to be happy, maybe even overjoyed. What she hadn’t expected was for him to crash-tackle her and press his lips against hers. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Postie exclaimed when he stopped. “You have no idea how happy this makes me!”

Twilight stared agape at the scene before her. “W-what are you thinking!?” she screamed when she found her voice.

Postie blinked as reality caught up to him, tapped him on the shoulder and gave him a swift kick to the face. “Princess, I am so sorry!” he said as he took wing and hovered fearfully. He hadn’t meant to assault royalty, and the stunned look on the Moon Goddess’ face made him fear how she might react.

Luna blinked before standing up, ruffling her feathers. “Well, it certainly has been some time since anypony has done that,” she said with a smile. “But I think that the Bearer of Loyalty may misinterpret what you just did.” Chuckling at the worried look Postie was wearing, she turned to Twilight, the unicorn’s expression somewhere between shock and confusion. “Twilight Sparkle, I shall require your assistance.”

“My help? Really?” the mare asked, her chest and ego inflating at the prospect.

“The change I made to your friend here wasn’t permanent.”

“Wait, what?” the pegasus asked.

“I designed it so that its effect would wear off after one week,” Luna explained.

“You combined a transmogrification spell with a time-delayed magical reverser?” Twilight asked, eyes shining with curiosity.

“Yes, I did,” the Princess answered. “And I need your assistance in removing the reverser.”

“You do?” Postie asked. “Can’t you just make your horn glow and undo it?”

His answer came in the form of matching glares from the unicorn and alicorn. “Speak not of what you know nothing about,” Princess Luna said, her tone dangerously quiet.

“Sorry,” the pegasus replied timidly.

“Undoing a time-delayed spell is immensely difficult,” Twilight elaborated. “There’s every chance that we might accidentally set it off. Seeing we’re dealing with a reverser, there’s also the possibility we could undo every bit of magic that has been performed on you since you arrived here. That makes it a two-pony job.”

The pegasus went through a quick list of everything he could remember being done to him, magic-wise. “That... sounds bad.”

“That’s because it is,” Luna replied. “Now hold still. This will be hard enough without you hovering.”

Postie obeyed and landed, doing his best to not move a muscle. He watched as the Princess and Twilight closed their eyes and began to use their magic, their horns glowing much brighter than he had seen. “Can you direct me to where it is?” Twilight asked.

“One moment... There! Do you feel it?” Luna asked back.

“I think so,” Twilight replied. “I can’t be sure, though.”

Post Haste, now enveloped in a warm deep purple glow, began to panic slightly. “Can you make sure before you do anything?” he asked worriedly.

Princess Luna ignored the pegasus. “Yes, you have it. Now you must unravel it slowly.”

Twilight’s face twisted in concentration. “Easy...” she muttered. “Easy... almost there...”

Luna frowned as she guided Twilight’s magic and provided power where it was needed. She was frowning because of how deeply interwoven the two separate spells were. That hadn’t been her intention when she had wrought the changes upon the human-turned-peagsus’ body. She supposed that she had been too cautious when she had done it, wanting to make sure that nothing went wrong. She would never forgive herself if her over-cautiousness before resulted in disaster now.

Without any warning, Postie jumped into the air and screamed. He felt as though he had just bit on an exposed electrical wire. Every nerve seemed to be on fire, his lungs felt as though they would collapse and he was sure that his heart would stop. Just as suddenly the sensation stopped and he collapsed, groaning in pain. “Oww....”

“Justin!” Twilight opened her eyes and galloped to him, shaking him with a hoof. “Are you okay?”

“Urgh...” was all she could get out of him before he blacked out.

Luna regarded the unconscious pegasus. “I was afraid that might happen,” she muttered sadly.

“Will he be okay?” Twilight asked.

“He’ll feel like he flew through a tornado, but he should be fine.” Luna levitated Postie’s limp body and carried him upstairs. “Let him sleep in, Twilight Sparkle. He’ll need it.”

“Wait,” the unicorn mare said. “Did we do it?” she asked tentatively.

“Hm? Oh yes, we removed it without a problem,” Luna replied. “He’ll be a pony for the rest of his life now.”


When Postie woke up, it was past lunch time and he felt like he had been hit by a freight train, got caught in a stampede, and gone three hours being continuously bucked by Applejack. “Ohh...”

“You’re awake!” a voice next to his bed exclaimed. He turned to see a very happy Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, Rainbow,” he replied weakly. “Why are you here?”

“Twilight told me what happened last night. Something about Princess Luna?” the technicolour pegasus asked.

“Yeah.” Postie got out of the bed, moving as though his legs were made of jelly.

“She says you kissed the Princess?” she asked, disbelieving. Postie stopped moving, frozen in fear. “You did?”

“I swear, Rainbow Dash, I wasn’t thinking when I did that.” Postie’s voice wouldn’t rise above a hoarse whisper, but the desperation in his voice was as clear as day. “I didn’t even know I did it until after it happened.”

“You’re lucky you’re already in so much pain,” the mare said conversationally. “I’d hurt you so bad if you weren’t.”

“Nice to know,” he said as he tried to stretch his wings.


Author's Note:

Approaching the end now, I think. I never know with my stories, so don't take this as a guarantee.