• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 1,371 Views, 28 Comments

Noble - NightmareSoldier



A Spartan-III ends up in the magical world of Equestria, but he thinks he is insane.

  • ...
4
 28
 1,371

Impressions

My visor highlighted the nearest Covenant Elite within range of my Designated Marksman Rifle. Its shields on its armour were down. I aimed for its head. With a quick pull of the trigger. The weapon fired its 7.62cm round. My target fell lifeless onto the sandy dirt floor. Five more elites took that ones place. I groaned in frustration but nevertheless with 13 rounds left in my magazine I continued to pull the trigger. I watched was each round hit one of the Elite’s shields but I noticed the other four trying to flank me. I had to focus on the one in front me first. I noticed that he had a Type-1 energy sword. The favoured weapon of the Shangheli. If I killed him first, I could grab that energy weapon and stand a chance in close quarters combat.

The elite was stupid enough to actually arm himself with his Energy sword and lunged at me. Using my quick wits and advanced training, I dodged the attack while pulling out my Spartan combat knife. I grabbed his neck and quickly pulled myself up before I then thrusted my knife into his neck. As the elite collapsed onto its knees, I twisted my blade forward so that it cut the circulatory system of the Elite. Purple blood weeped onto my blade and my hand. I used this moment and momentum to grab the Type-1 energy sword. Once I had it in my grasp I booted the dying Elite warrior onto the ground.

Plasma fire was coming at me from four angles in a square formation, I watched my shield status from inside my helmet’s Heads Up Display. It was already on 50% and declining quickly. So I quickly picked my target and ran towards him full force. My armour thudded loudly on the cracked sandy dirt as I ran towards the warrior. His weapon over heated from which I could see blue gas spewing from the weapon. I mentally grinned at my opportunity to strike and I did not hesitate. With power and momentum from my sprint I drove the energy sword into the elite’s abdomen. I watched at the rest of the momentum continued the Elite’s body into the air. His lifeless body flew of my energy blade. Only three more targets left.

We stood there walking in a circle waiting for someone to make a move. No one us were having any of it because no of us dared to attack in the new environment. Yeah I was confused at first but had to quickly regain composter otherwise I would have been killed. Even the elites were confused. So clearly it was not their doing; I still grew impatient though. We had circled around at least five times before we had even noticed that we had changed battlefield. But from what intel I could forge together just by sight was that were two weird horned unicorn things. One was a tall white one at least the height of an average human male. Whereas the other one was a dark blue and was smaller however they did have flowing manes. That stumped me.

“Come human! Make your move!” One of the Elites shouted at me. Like fuck I was making the first move.

“Like fuck I am. Do you take me for a fool? No! I am not blinded by hatred like your kind. You wish to so arrogance? Then show it to me!” I demanded and broke my five year silence. Which I regretted because now those weird equine things knew I can talk. I went to reach for my DMR that I placed on my back when I took the energy sword of my first Elite kill of battle. But these three were higher officers. I could tell by their armour. Boy I could tell they were pissed. But the thing was they out manned me three to one. My DMR only had five rounds left before I had to reload. My M6G magnum on the other hand had a full clip. Two frag grenades were ready to be pulled. Not that I was planning on using them in an confined space. Or was I?

In a flash both grenades rolled towards the three elites and caught them off guard. The grenades exploded and to my surprise the shockwave cracked my visor in the left bottom hand corner and the top right corner. Not trying that again. I lost my ammo counter. Shit! Luckily two of the elites shields were down. I laugh inwardly as I fired two 7.62 into each unshielded Elite’s head. Each gunshot caused the equines to jump. To which I noticed six more by the two winged unicorn things. Two unicorns, two Pegasi and two normal looking ones. All of them were getting ready to protect the two taller ones.

Just me and one Elite warrior remained. We both knew how to settle this. We both pulled out our Type-1 energy sword and ignited them at the same time. The hiss cause gasps to animate from the watching crowds. And damn it I had a great line to say. Fuck it!

“One shall stand! One shall fall! I hope your happy with all the bloodshed you have caused my people. All the death to the innocent. Is that not enough!?” I screamed through my helmet as we continued to circle. The Elite remained quite. Nevertheless I had two more things on me to aid mine victory. A smoke grenade and active camouflage. I primed the smoke grenade by removing the pin. I heard the equines behind me gasp in horror. I was not worried. The grenade hissed as smoke was weeping from it. I tossed it forward lightly and waited for it to fully cover me and the Elite before I activated the active camouflage. It rendered me invisible to the naked eye.

A painful punch landed on the left side of my face. I felt my helmet slip off and its metallic clanging cause gasps from the equines again but the still couldn’t see me and the Elite as we battled inside the smoke cloud. I had the upper hand, for I had already kicked his knee cap and damaged one of his legs. I didn’t waste my time. By now I had booted him full force in his abdomen while quickly following in with a uppercut. He stumble out of the smoke cloud and in front of the two winged unicorns and the six other ones. While he was still dazed I ran towards him with the blade off. Once my fist had hit hits mark. The force caused me to clench and thus activate the Energy sword. I noticed where my helmet had came to rest. But my attention snapped by to the Elite that just cried in agony.

"That's for the women and children you have murdered. You unmerciful bastard!” I shouted as I withdrew the blade and traded it for my DMR. “At least I will end you with mercy and remorse.” With that said I pulled the trigger and brought the DMR to two rounds left. My face was full of mixed emotions that O didn’t really care that the equine based things could see me as I walked to my helmet. Which happened to be in front of a curious purple unicorn. To which I payed no attention to, so I merely grabbed my helmet and put it back on. The shield was stuck on 50%. That must have been where the damage first persisted. I looked down to my chest where the blue lights would be. They were flashing. Yep, my shield needed to recharge. However I had one more check to do. My tech-pad that was on my left wrist flashed red. It had a diagram of my biological system. I was wounded on my left leg precisely on the thigh. Ignoring that wound I turned to leave after reloading the DMR before placing it back on my back. I walked off slowly with my suit clanging with my powerful footsteps.

“Hey get back here! We aren’t done with you yet!” I heard a voice say. I twisted to face the per… Pony that shouted. The blur Pegasus with the Rainbow mane and Tail was hovering now. I just inwardly shrugged my shoulders and twisted back to how a human is meant to walk. But fuck it, I turned back around but remained silent. I took a step forward. They all looked at me funny. “Get here now!” I admired the bravery of that Pegasus. She was getting a bit cocky. I planned how I was going to get close enough so I could jump through the window. So I slowly walked towards the hovering pony. I purposefully took slow steps in an attempt to piss her off even more. But I noticed all the other five were getting ready. Was it me or did that Purple look cute was she was angry? Bah I wiped that from my mind. I stopped at the stair case to let them think they had the height advantage. That was before I got up the stairs in two steps and out sized the white winged unicorn. What she was the size of a human male. So 6ft tallish. Man they were surprised. Well… Until I ran for the window behind them and smashed through it with ease.

‘Oh wow look at that view’ I sarcastically thought I was plummeted to the ground beneath me. Which to be far was not that far. I had already landing on my feet. A Spartan-III can fall from space and live. It was what the armour was capable of. So it wasn’t a surprise that I survived the fall, but what did surprise me was the fact that I ended up exactly in front of the eight equines that appeared to be important ponies. I really didn’t give a damn so I just stared at them and didn’t move. The thought of just walking away did spring into my mind, I went against it just because I wanted to see what they would do.

"Why is that flashing red?" Asked the purple unicorn. I studied it quickly. Once the scan was completed. Her biological information came up immediately. Yes, it was a female. Her mane had at least three different colours in it that confused to why it was like that. Its main colour sapphire blue with violet and rose coloured highlights. It was her curiosity that freaked me out. She was running her hoof near the tech pad. Which was still slowly flashing red. I would have moved but I didn’t. She was only curious after all. “I know you can talk. Just tell me what this means.” Now she tapped the tech-pad. Now this is where I knew my brain was on severe lag. Because I paid no attention to the fact a equine just spoke to me. I just thought I was already insane and it couldn’t get worse so I went with it.

“Damaged biological system. Wound detected. Administrating automatic drug release. Drug selected. Morphine dosage confirmed. Administrating correct dosage for wound damage. Complete.” Chimed the tech-pad answering the question for the purple unicorn mare. She jumped back slightly with amazement in her eyes.

“So advanced. May I have a look?” She asked with wide eyes. Meh, what in the world could she possibly do with this pad when its attached to my arm? So I gave her nod. She immediately touched one of the many buttons on the Pad.

"Caution low ammunition. Restock immediately.” Chimed the pad once more and surprised the mare looking at it. “Designated Marksman Rifle is low on ammo. One 15 round magazine left. Restock immediately.” I laughed inside my head at the order. Like hell they were going to supply me with ammo. Medical supplies they probably would. But for my weapons, that was a long shot. My attention turned to the winged unicorn things because the taller white one decided she wanted to come closer. So I scanned her for any signs of hostility. Are these guys pacifists? I sure hope so, I could use a long break from the war.

Me and that white ‘Alicorn’ thing that the tech-pad Identified just stared at each other. Well with me staring from behind my cracked helmet. It wasn’t a very interesting stare minding you. Why? Nothing special happened other than her sitting down on her haunches and then continuing to stare at me while the smaller dark blue ‘Alicorn’ just lightly snickered behind her hoof.

“Heartbeat returned to nominal beats per minute. Adrenalin production stopped. Body returning to normal state of awareness.” The tech-pad chimed and pissed me off mentally. So I turn it off and thus relied on good old human memory. By now I was getting slightly nerved at the fact that the white Alicorn was still staring at me. I turned to leave like a ‘normal’ person, instead of jumping out the window. As I was about to walk away that purple unicorn attempted to block me off with her body. I just merely stepped over her and just walked on in-between the crowd that were formed up in two large squares. The large double doors were in my line of sight. Suddenly I heard a camera flash. I stopped without warning, pulled my M6G magnum. Found that camera and shot it. I smiled when I watched the object erupt into hundreds of useless pieces.

“No flash photography without legal permission. Otherwise by law I can and will see you behind bars for the rest of your life. That or I kill you. That’s your call to make.” I said as I placed the Magnum onto my right leg and proceeded to walk towards the doors. With two hands I pushed the doors open. I was greeted with another corridor. So I just thought about running for the window again but as I turned around. The eight equines that were up the other end of the room were now right in front of me, practically hugging me. I noticed that one of the ‘normal’ looking smaller equines was pink and was jumping up and down. A thought came to mind. So I tapped her nose while saying ‘tag’ I then ran off laughing my wits off. So what if it wasn’t soldier like. I must have went insane so I just rolled with it.

My motion tracker displayed a white jot chasing after me to which I barely noticed with the crack doing through it. Nevertheless I just ran for my life after tagging that pink equine and running off. To my amusement she was rather fast and I managed to trick her once by stopping and then running up the walls, doing a back-flip and then landing behind her before running off. I am not the type of person that looks behind them while I run from something. I had the motion tracker for that kind of thing. So I ran looking straight ahead and yet again I spotted both the Alicorn things walking towards me rather slowly, but now I had two routes that I could go and get away from this persistent equines. So I chose the left route. Upon spotting a flaw in their extended line formation. I used a wall kick to jump over the dark blue alicorn. To add sarcasm I mocked British saluted. It was in my opinion fitting. Because the British salute royalty. Clearly so were these Alicorn things.

Once I was clear of the extended line of those equines, I assumed running down the hallway that I just skilfully wall kicked to get to. Now me being stupid I looked behind me check to see if they were going to give chase as well, they didn’t. This confused me as they just look on at me with smiling faces. It was when I turned to face my front I realised I was fucked. There she was. The pink pony flew through the air and rugby tackled me to the ground; sheer force of the impact took me off my feet and sent us sliding down the hallway with her screaming ‘weeeeeeeeeee’ all the way back down. When we finally came to a stop my helmet decided it had enough came off my head with two bounces.

“Tag. Your it.” Said the Pink pony before getting up and bouncing away from. I merely just sat up after being winded inside my armour.

“What the fuck does she eat?” I said a bit to loud for my taking. “She came from nowhere! That’s fucking illogical! You can not disobey the laws of Physics! Its against science and nature!” My head was swimming with conclusions with how she did it, but none of them were logical.

“That’s just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.” Said the Purple Unicorn. My mind just felt like exploding at that moment. So I got up

“Is this the first impression I am going to get from this place? Oh… I may need to repair that window. That I almost jumped successful out of. I would have survived that fall you know.”