• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 1,217 Views, 65 Comments

The Last Alicorn(Book One: Purpose) - Deathsia



(Note: Not an "Avatar" Parody)Since before time immemorial, Alicorns have ruled over nearly every country in Equestria save for the griffon kingdom and a few other uncharted locations. However, when the world needed them most... They vanished...

  • ...
11
 65
 1,217

A Town In Turmoil

A TOWN IN TURMOIL.

Sapphire and Snowbreeze landed just outside of the city of Trottopolis where the Alicorn quickly put her saddlepack down, pulled out her coat and hoodie, put them on and then looked to her friend who hadn't started putting her own disguise on yet. "Hurry up and put the coat on, Snowbreeze. I'm so hungry I could eat half of my farm's harvest!" Sapphire said in a mildly desperate tone as her stomach felt like it was screaming at her for some kind of nourishment.

"I really don't see why I have to put on some stupid disguise. I hate walking." Snowbreeze remarked in disdain with a scowl. "Besides, they're after you, not me."

"Yeah but they saw you with me so if they recognize you, they'll know I'm close by." Sapphire explained calmly as she looked towards the town.

The Pegasus gave one last groan of protest before she reluctantly put on the coat and hoodie. "Fine but we're back in the skies no sooner we get something to eat okay?" She said irritably.

"Yeah, Yeah. Don't worry, you'll be able to stretch your wings again in no time." The Alicorn replied with a smirk as she rolled her eyes at her friend. The two fillies put their saddlepacks back on and slowly walked into town.

"I can't wait to dig my mouth into some cabbage…" Sapphire began to say excitedly only to notice the town wasn't exactly bursting with activity. In fact, it looked as if it was all but a ghost town.

Snowbreeze also noticed this as she walked next to her friend, looking about as a feeling of uneasy came over the two. "Uh, where is everypony?" Snowbreeze asked curiously as the two came to a halt next to a building which had all its windows boarded up along with a sigh that red "The Singing Donkey".

"No idea. I knew the earth pony nation wasn't as grand as it boasted it was but I didn't think a whole town would be abandoned." Sapphire remarked as she looked about the city for signs of life.

The two were about to turn around and leave when a faint galloping met the Alicorn's ears. "Hey, you hear that?" Sapphire remarked curiously as her right ear twitched to the sound of galloping hooves.

"Uh, no?" Snowbreeze replied with a confused expression at first until the group of galloping hooves grew much closer at which point she turned around along with Sapphire to see a group of earth ponies dressed in western style apparel galloping up to them.


The group of ponies came to a screeching halt just before the two fillies which caused a dirt cloud to erupt and drift past Sapphire and Snowbreeze to which the two coughed lightly and waved their hooves in front of their faces in an attempt to wave away the dirt.

"Well looky what we have here boys." One of the stallions remarked with a smug grin as he looked at the two. "Hey, Joey. What do ya reckon we have here?" the stallion asked one of his colleagues who walked up next to him.

"Looks to me like a couple of newcomers." The other stallion remarked as he placed a hoof against Sapphire's chin and lifted it so he could see her face properly. "A couple of mares by the looks of em'." He added with a smirk before Sapphire recoiled away and glared at him much to the stallions displeasure.

"What's your deal?!" Sapphire exclaimed irritably as the stallion once again attempted to place a hoof on her chin only for her to back away and glare at him.

"Why you little-" Joey began to say only for the other stallion to cut him off. This one seemed to be the leader of the gang by the looks of it.

"Don't lose yer temper Joey, these two are new so they don't know how things work around here." He lead stallion remarked as he looked to his colleague then back to Sapphire.

"Ah don't know, Butch. Somethin' seems mighty off about em' " Another stallion from the group remarked aloud.

"Wait, Butch? As in the leader of the Steel Raiders, Butch?" Snowbreeze remarked aloud in realization of who she was actually looking at.

"Haha! Looks like at least one of em' knows who Ah am!" Butch exclaimed with a toothy grin towards the two.

Snowbreeze then quickly pulled Sapphire to this side, a expression of fear and nervousness about her as she spoke. "Lets blitz! These guys are bad news, Sapphire! If this gang controls this town, then its no wonder all the houses are boarded up!" The Pegasus whispered urgently.

"We can't just yank our disguises off and 'Fly off' or they'll know that at least one of us is a Pegasus!" Sapphire whispered back as she glanced at the group who seemed to be eying her hindquarters which caused the filly to quickly use her tail to thoroughly cover any parts of her that they might be trying to sneak a peek at before she looked back at her friend. "Besides, who knows if any of these ponies work for those unicorn's in black." She added.

"Crud, good point." Snowbreeze remarked aloud dismally. "Trust me though, you don't wanna stick around with these guys. The things I've heard about what they use mares for makes me wanna vomit just thinking about it!" Snowbreeze remarked with a nervous glance at the group before she looked back at Sapphire.

"Okay, let me handle this." The Alicorn replied confidently as she turned about-face to look at the group. "So, uh, it looks like we just got a little lost. This doesn't look like Martonia to us!" She exclaimed with a nervous smile as she looked at the group. "So, uh, yeah. We'll just be leaving now." She finished as she two nervously began to back away from the group only for three stallions to gallop behind them and cut off their escape.

"Hey! She just got done saying that we got lost! Let us go!" Snowbreeze exclaimed angrily at Butch whom simply grinned at the two.

"Sorry little missies but yer in Steel Raider territory. So what Ah say here goes." He said with a smug grin as he walked up to Snowbreeze and placed a hoof on her cheek. "And Ah say ya ain't leavin'." He added before he turned to look at his collages. "Looks like we got some fresh flank guys!" He called out to the group which was met with cheers and hooting before he looked back at the two.

"If stick your dick anywhere near my tail, I'll bite it off!" Snowbreeze exclaimed with a loathing stare at Butch who chuckled as he grinned at her.

"Ohh, I like em' fisty! Makes it all the enjoyable once I break em' in." Butch replied smugly before he turned to the group once more. "Lets round em' up and get em' back to the camp! We're getting some fresh tail tonight!" Butch exclaimed to the group who once again began cheering and hooting at their leader.

"Now can we ditch these lame disguises?!" Snowbreeze exclaimed at the Alicorn who looked extremely nervous at the moment. "Unless you wanna lose your virginity to a bunch of criminals." She added sourly which caused Sapphire to look at her and sigh.

"Looks like we don't have any other choice." Sapphire remarked much to Snowbreeze's delight at which point the two fillies quickly yanked off their coats and hoodies much to the shock of the group as they took off for the skies.

"Holy buck! They're featherflanks!" One of the stallions exclaimed in shock.

"Wait a second…" Butch remarked aloud as he looked at Sapphire's horn and wings. "That's there Alicorn thing we read about on the wanted poster! Quick! Get the Bolas! We'll be set for life if we capture her!" Butch called out at which point the other stallions quickly began to set up a miniature catapult to fire at the two fleeing fillies.

"This is exactly what I wanted to avoid!" Sapphire exclaimed with a glare at her friend who shrugged.

"Hey, don't look at me! It was either this or most likely ending up as teenage mothers to a bunch of Leadhoofs! I don't know about you but I'd rather keep my Pegasi pride!" Snowbreeze retorted with an annoyed expression.

"I'm going to choose to ignore your blatant racism while we-" Sapphire began to retort only to nearly fall out of the sky as a bolas flew past her head, looked down, and gasped as she watched the gang prepare to fire another. "Uh, Snowbreeze, we have a major problem!" She exclaimed to which Snowbreeze was confused about since she had not seen the bolas fly past her friend.

"What are you- Waaah!" Snowbreeze began to say only for a bolas to hit her directly, quickly wrap around her midsection, snap her wings firmly to her sides, and fall out of the sky.

"Snowbreeze!" Sapphire exclaimed as she dove for her friend and caught her.

"Get this thing off my wings! Use your magic!" Snowbreeze exclaimed as she gnawed at the rope but was making no progress due to the fiber of the rope being made out of a very tough material.

"I can't! Everytime I try to use my magic, I end up blowing something up!" Sapphire replied as she did her best to evade another bolas as it flew past her side.

"Then you better kick your flight speed up about fifty notches!" Snowbreeze exclaimed before she looked down and gasped "Look out!" Snowbreeze exclaimed as she catapulted herself from Sapphire in order to shove her away just in time to avoid a bolas which would have hit her directly if not for the Pegasus's quick thinking.

Due to being so suddenly bucked, Sapphire was sent spiraling away and by the time she recovered, she realized that the group had caught the Pegasus in a net safely and were quickly tying her up.

"We're out of Bolas, Butch." Joey remarked as he walked up to his leader.

"No matter. The Alicorn will come to us. We have her friend." Butch replied aloud with a malicious grin as the group put Snowbreeze into a cage, and galloped off much to Sapphire's horror.

"Hey, Alicorn! If you wanna see your friend alive, you'll meet us at the sunnyside gorge by sundown!" Butch yelled out to Sapphire before he turned about face and followed his gang.

"Oh no…" Sapphire remarked in horror as she hovered in the skies watching helplessly as her friend was soon out of sight behind the many trees outside of town.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire landed in the middle of the town once she thought it was safe and noticed immediately that inhabitants of the town were coming out of their homes and looking at her with a mixture of fear, curiosity, and even hostility among the townsfolk.

"Excuse me! Can anypony tell me where sunnyside gorge is?" Sapphire called out only for nopony to say a word to answer her question. "Please! I need your help! If I don't, my friend will die!" She added after a few moments longer of silence between her and the townsfolk.

"Pssh! She'll be lucky if they kill her right away!" One stallion exclaimed aloud which caused the Alicorn to look at the pony who spoke and approach him.

"Please, can you tell me where they've taken her? I have to save her!" Sapphire exclaimed desperately.

"Ha! You save her?! That's a laugh!" The stallion retorted bitterly before he began to walk away from her.

"But she could be killed!" Sapphire exclaimed as she rushed in front of the stallion once again.

The stallion merely scoffed in response to this. "I'd be praying they kill her if Ah were you. Cuz they usually do much worse." He replied as he pushed the Alicorn to the side and walked past her only for Sapphire to run in front of the stallion once again much to his annoyance.

"How can you be so heartless?! Why would I want to wish for my best friend to be killed?!" Sapphire exclaimed angrily at the stallion.

"Heartless? Killing her fast would be a mercy!" The stallion retorted as he attempted to shove her to the side again only for her to not budge this time around.

"What do you mean?" The Alicorn asked curiously though she wasn't sure she wanted to know.

"Ya born in a barn missy?" The stallion asked with a skeptical expression towards her. When she didn't reply he sighed. "Ah'm sayin' that most mares they take back with em' aren't killed right away." He added.

"But that's good right?" She asked to which the stallion once again scoffed.

"If ya call bein' used as a cock-sock for the next five years a 'good thing' then it is." He replied grimly yet candidly only to sigh aloud once more. "Ah know yer heart is in the right place missy but take mah word on this, if ya march into their camp, ya ain't leavin'. Not even unicorns have escaped em' once they have em' in their camps." The stallion replied and walked around the Alicorn to continue on to wherever he was going.

Sapphire however lept into the air, hovered over the stallion, and landed in front of him once more. "I have to try! She's the only friend I have!" She exclaimed desperately.

The stallion sighed aloud once more. "Are ya sure about this missy? If ya get yerself caught, nopony is comin to save yer hide." He said in a calm yet firm manner.

"Dead serious." Sapphire replied in a firm tone to the stallion.

The stallion ran a hoof through his mane and sighed once more. "Fine. Ah'll need mah map to show ya where to go." he said as he walked past the Alicorn and led her to his home.

Sapphire looked about the house as she walked inside, the walls were covered in what looked to be awards of some kind. "Wow, that's a lot of awards." Sapphire remarked aloud in astonishment.

"It's ancient history now, Missy." The stallion remarked depressingly as he opened the door to what looked like an small office to the Alicorn. In this room, many more awards were plastered on the walls but one stood out to the filly. It was an award with a badge on it which read.

The award for the display of the most bravery and selflessness this town has ever seen goes to:

Chief Lightning Thunderhooves

"You're a… police chief?" Sapphire asked the stallion in shock as she looked over at him as he placed a map on his desk.

"Was a police chief. That's ancient history now like Ah said before, Missy." Lightning replied and sighed. "So, here's where ya need to go. Ya need to head out of town to the north, take a left here, and then walk for five miles. There you'll find their basecamp." He instructed as he pointed to each location that Sapphire would need to go to on the map as he spoke.

"What happened to turn you into such a coward?" Sapphire asked without thinking much to the annoyance of Lightning who glared at her.

"Ah ain't no coward!" He snapped at her with a glare.

"Then help me save my friend!" Sapphire snapped back.

"You listen here, missy. There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity!" He retorted as he rolled up the map. "You've got yer directions, now get out of here. Hope ya enjoy life as a sex-slave because that's what yer trottin right into." He added bitterly as he placed the map where he had taken it from earlier.

"Not until you tell me why you won't help me!" Sapphire exclaimed defiantly as she stood firm.

Lightning sighed aloud as he sat down in his desk chair. "Because it's pointless." He said simply.

"That's not a good enough answer for me!" Sapphire replied with a glare at the police chief who sighed aloud once again.

"Ya really wanna know? Fine! Fact is, we tried to mount many rescue missions in the past and all of em failed. What's worse is that mah wife was captured on our last botched attempt to rescue em' over five years ago. They told me that if Ah tried to come and save anymore that they'd kill mah wife!" He finished with a glare at the Alicorn.

"That's so horrible… but if she's still alive then that means…" Sapphire began to say only to trail off as the horrifying truth set in.

"Ya got it little missy. Mah wife's in their base camp right now and Ah don't wanna even picture how many times they've…" he began to say only to trail off, clinch his eyes shut in fury, and abruptly slam a hoof onto his deck which caused a cup of pens to clatter to its side. "So, you've got yer answer. Now will ya leave mah home in peace?" He asked a few moments later as he opened his eyes to look at the filly whose expression was one of sadness.

"I understand." She said softly as she turned around only to stop and look back at the police chief. "I'll rescue your wife and all the other ponies in that camp of theirs, I promise!" She exclaimed aloud valiantly before she left the stallion's office and the faint sound of a door being shut could be heard moments later.

"Humph! Ah'm not holdin' mah breath…" Lightning remarked bitterly as he looked at his wife's portrait on his office desk.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire soared through the skies towards the camp but landed several miles before she got close to the camp thinking they would be expecting it. By the time she arrived at the basecamp, the sun was already setting behind the hills.

The Alicorn gave a quick look around as she hid behind a nearby tree. There she saw a large camp surrounded by large wooden wall with sharp points at the top of each log of wood that surrounded the camp. She then risked a peek at the entrance, taking note of four guards she could see in front of the entrance and scowled. "Should've known the entrance would be heavily guarded. I'll need to find another way in." She thought to herself as she silently crept from tree to tree looking for an opening.

She found it but it wasn't the most ideal way to sneak into the camp. Near what she figured was the very back of the camp, there was a small hole large enough in size and width for a small foal to sneak through but no larger. "This really isn't one of my better ideas but its the only way in." Sapphire remarked aloud, channeled magic into her horn, and focused it around the wood where the small hole was, sure enough as she expected, her magic suddenly blasted a much larger hole in the wooden wall as splinters of wood flew from it. The Alicorn was quick to hide herself behind a tree once the sound of rushing hooves met her ears.

"What in the buck happened here?! Did one of the captives buck a hole in the wall or something?" One stallion asked as he looked through the hole towards the trees.

"Don't look like it. You think it was the Alicorn?" Another stallion asked curiously.

"There's no way she'd be crazy enough to sneak into this basecamp. We've got over fifty armed stallions equipped with enough firepower to take down half an army!" The stallion exclaimed but turned around to face another stallion which was none other than Butch himself.

"What happened here?" He asked firmly.

"Not sure, Boss. It looks like somepony tried to buck a hole in the wall but we've done a headcount and all captives are accounted for." One of the stallions replied in a quick and proper fashion.

"Well do another one! No pony leaves this camp alive unless I give the order, got it?!" Butch exclaimed fiercely at which point Sapphire could hear hurried hoofsteps rushing away.

It was at this point that Sapphire risked a look from behind tree only to snap back to cover as she saw Butch looking in her general direction. "Hmm…" The stallion mused aloud curiously. "Aw, well. Time to go and get that Pegasus ready. The boys should have her strapped down in the eastern quarter of the camp by now. " He remarked aloud as he turned around and walked away from the hole.

Sapphire pondered what the stallion meant for a moment until it occurred to her at which point she let out a soft gasp. "Snowbreeze!" She whispered aloud, peered over to the hole, and when she figured no pony was looking, snuck over and jumped through it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look at you, pretty thing. All strapped down and ready for our boss to have his way with ya." One of the stallions remarked with a smirk as they looked at Snowbreeze who continued to struggle against the restraints. Each one of her legs were firmly secured in iron clasps, her wings were secured firmly in tight ropes, her head was forced to face forward thanks to a muzzle around her face though her mouth was left completely untouched, and her tail was being forcefully lifted up by a strong rope which exposed her filly-parts to the stallions in the tent much to her embarrassment.

"You just wait till I get out of here you sick perverts! I'm gonna stomp your balls so hard into the ground that you'll never be able to produce foals!" Snowbreeze roared as she continued to struggle against the restraints but to no avail.

The two stallions looked at one another and laughed upon hearing this. "Not likely." The stallion replied as he leaned in much too close for Snowbreeze's comfort to her hindquarters. "Ohh, looky here! Looks like this mare has seen some action before!" The stallion remarked aloud with a smirk as he prodded the filly, causing her to jolt up in both shock and rage.

"Touch that again and I'll kill you!" Snowbreeze shrieked at the top of her lungs as she struggled harder than ever to break free of her restraints but still made no progress.

"Haha, you better back off though." The other stallion remarked with a smirk.

"Why? I could plow the living daylights out of this mare here and now and she couldn't do a single thing to me." The other stallion replied smugly.

"Sure you could, if you want to lose your balls afterward. Remember, the boss always gets first dibs on the fresh meat." The other stallion warned followed by a chuckle.

"Consarn it, you're right." The stallion remarked in an annoyed tone and groaned. "I hate getting sloppy seconds all the time though." He replied and sighed much to the amusement of his colleague who laughed aloud while he walked over and stood next to him.

A few moments later somepony walked through the tent entrance only for the two stallions to realize it wasn't their boss but too late as Sapphire quickly slugged one squarely in the snout, knocking him out cold, evaded an attack by the other stallion which ended with his right behind her, reared her hindhooves up, and bucked the stallion right in the skull which sent him flying across the room and against the tent wall, completely incapacitated as well.

With the two stallions dealt with, Sapphire turned her attention to her friend and rushed over to her as she began to undo the Pegasus's head restraint. "Are you okay?! They haven't done anything to you yet have they?!" Sapphire asked in a worried tone as she successfully undid the muzzle around her friend's head and began working to undo her leg restraints.

"Nah. I was just about to break out of here when you showed up." Snowbreeze boasted as Sapphire undid her right front hoof clamp at which point she used her free hoof to rub the back of her neck.

The Alicorn rolled her eyes as she worked to undo her friend's left left restraint. "Sure you were." She remarked sarcastically just before she managed to undo the second leg clamp.

"But ya know, thanks for coming to save my flank." Snowbreeze said gratefully with a warm smile to her friend as she stood up and looked at her.

Sapphire and Snowbreeze then hugged each other tightly. "What kind of friend would I be if I left you to these perverts?" she replied warmly before she broke the hug and quickly set to undoing her friend's right back leg restraint.

"Haha! I knew it!" A voice exclaimed at which point Sapphire's gaze snapped up to see Butch along with roughly ten stallions flanking him from outside the tent. "Give off a little info and we'd lure her right into our trap!" Butch remarked egotistically as Sapphire just managed to undo Snowbreeze's first back leg restraint.

"Sapphire, run! I'll hold these creeps off!" Snowbreeze exclaimed valiantly only to realize her left hind leg was still securely locked in place along with her tail.

"I'm not leaving you or anypony else that these thugs have captured! We're all getting out of here tonight!" Sapphire exclaimed as she stood in front of her friend.

"Oh-ho-ho! This mare thinks that just because she's got a horn and wings that she can outdo a group of my best stallions!" Butch exclaimed with a smug grin.

"Uh, Sapphire. Now would be a good time to go all magical supernova on them!" Snowbreeze exclaimed as she struggled against her leg restraint.

"I don't know how! It's why we're even out here, remember?" Sapphire retorted with a glare at her friend before she turned her head back to face the stallions.

"Oh yeah… My bad." Snowbreeze replied sheepishly as she continued to work on undoing the leg clamp.

"Take em'." Butch ordered and at once the stallions charged into the tent.

Sapphire immediately slugged one stallion to the ground, evaded one strike, but was hit by another and another as she gave a shrill cry of pain to each blow. Despite this, she continued fighting back, knocking out three stallions in the midst of evading a few others.

"It's pointless to resist missy. We have you outclassed and outnumbered. Just lay down and take it like a mare." He remarked smugly as the stallions began to overwhelm the Alicorn.

Suddenly an explosion erupted from outside, catching everypony's attention from inside the tent. "What the buck is going on out there?!" Butch called out.

"It's Lightning, Boss! It looks like he's brought the whole town here!" A random stallion exclaimed just before a group of five mares and stallions charged in and piled on top of him.

"That conniving little leadhoof!" Butch exclaimed as he stomped the ground angrily. "Get your weapons colts! If that wimp and his little townsfolk want a fight, we'll give it to em'!" Butch exclaimed at which point the stallions who were attacking Sapphire suddenly withdrew and rushed out of the tent leaving only Butch, Sapphire, and Snowbreeze alone in the tent.

The stallion stepped inside the tent and grin maliciously at the injured Alicorn. "I'm gonna beat you within an inch of your life little missy." He began as he seemed to be popping joints in his hooves with each other hoof. "Then I'm going to have fun ramming the buck out of that little flower of yours while your friend watches." Butch remarked aloud as he walked up to Sapphire, lifted her up, reared his right hoof back, and slugged the Alicorn squarely in the nose which caused her to stumble backwards into the tent wall.

"Aw, what happened to all that brute strength you had before?" Butch remarked with a smug grin as he approached her.

"Coward! Only a coward fights an injured pony who can't fight back!" Snowbreeze roared as she continued to struggle with her left hind leg restraint.

Butch however ignored him as he lifted the helpless Alicorn up and slugged her once more which sent her falling to the ground. Sapphire's face was bruised, her snout and forehead bleeding profusely, her body ached, she could barely look up at Butch as he approached her. Her vision of the stallion a bloody blur at best.

"I think its about time we get this show on the road." Butch remarked with a malicious grin as he grabbed the Alicorn by the tail with his mouth, dragged her over to another part of the tent, tied a restraint around her tail, and began to crank the rope so it lifted her hindquarters up to his chest height.

Butch licked his lips maliciously as he stared at what he viewed as his prize. "From the looks of it, Ah reckon Ah'm yer first." He remarked with a smug grin as he prodded the Alicorn much to Snowbreeze's horror.

"No! Leave her alone!" Snowbreeze exclaimed as she pulled with all her might at her left hind leg clamp but to no avail.

Butch looked to the Pegasus and chuckled. "Sit back and enjoy the show." He remarked with a grin. "After all, I'd be trying my best to get in the mood if I were you. Ya know how painful it is for a stallion to go in dry." He remarked as he began to crawl over Sapphire's back positioning himself to traumatize the filly for life.

If Butch had been paying attention, he would have noticed that Lightning had stepped into the tent. At once the stallion charged at the sick stallion and slugged him acrossed the face which knocked him off Sapphire before he could do anything to the helpless filly. Butch stood up wearily from the sucker punch only to receive a swift buck to the snout from both of Lightning's hind hooves which knocked him clear through the tent door and outside.

Lightning quickly undid Sapphire's restraint which allowed her hindquarters to hit the floor with a soft thud. The stallion quickly helped the filly to all four hooves. "L-Lightning? You came?" Sapphire asked wearily as she stallion smiled back at her.

Upon hearing this, the stallion beamed back at her. "It was yer unwavering loyalty to yer friend that caused this old stallion to give himself a swift kick into gear and do somethin' about Butch and his thugs." Lightning remarked admirably as he looked to the unconscious thug leader with a deep sense of loathing. "For too long have we let Butch and his band of thugs take our mares and bully us into submission." He remarked before he looked back at the Alicorn. "You showed us that even if somethin' seems pointless, there's no reason not to try anyways." Lightning said proudly.

"Uh, not to ruin this whole inspirational moment or anything but could you undo this rope and let me regain my dignity please?" Snowbreeze asked uncomfortably as she motioned to the rope holding up her tail.

--------------------------------------------------------------


"Ya'll can't hold me forever! Ah'll get out one day! Ah swear it!" Butch roared as the prison bars slammed in front of him and fifty other stallions in the local prison.

"Put a sock in it." A prison guard replied irritably as he walked away from the prison cell which was located on a remote island in the middle of the local lake near the town.


Meanwhile just outside of the prison, a bruised but feeling much better Sapphire stood next to her best friend as Lightning looked at the two. "We can't begin to thank ya enough. If it weren't for you and your friend, we'd still be at the mercy of Butch and his thugs. Are ya sure you can't stay for a little while longer?" Lightning asked warmly as he looked at the two fillies. "We'd be more than happy to let ya stay in our best hotel for free as long as ya needed it."

"The food is thanks enough… Chief. " Sapphire replied with a big smile.

The Police Chief put his hat down to his chest and rub a hoof through his mane with a bashful smile. "Heh, guess Ah'll need to be gettin' used to bein' called that again." He remarked with a light chuckle.

"We better get going if we want to make it at least to the next town before next week, Sapphire." Snowbreeze said in a matter of fact tone.

"Ya'll take care of yerselves ya hear? And if ya find yerself in these parts again, just know you'll be welcomed with open arms." He said to the two fillies as they prepared to take off.

"Thanks Lightning and good luck!" Sapphire exclaimed as she and Snowbreeze sprinted down the dirt path and took off towards the east once more for the next city.