• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 13,391 Views, 713 Comments

Nightmare, Nightmare - Admiral Q Ponyform



Twilight's experiament gets out of control and Selene finds herself in another Equestria that has the LAST thing she ever expected to see.

  • ...
46
 713
 13,391

An Intervention

Author's Note:

Finally after months of waiting and sadly a stolen Tablet here it is. the next chapter of Nightmare, Nightmare

I wonder if someone will get the reference the first scene takes from.


Also warning blood this chapter.

Nyx was at a table enjoying a meal provided to her. The was moaning as she ate a piece and was about to take another bite when a talon covered her muzzle and lifted it to expose the filly's neck and brought a blade across it. Blood sprayed out and she struggled for a bit till life left her eyes. The talon let go and she fell face first into her food. There was a pause as she bled over the food the griffon looked over his work. "How's that?" He asked and a white unicorn stallion revealed himself with a disgusted look.







"Awful, did you see the way her blood sprayed?" He shuddered. "No, slit throat is out." The griffoned sighed before addressing the stallion.












"We are running out of options here your highness. You need a body so disintegration spells are out, stabbing was too savage, arrows too dodgy, gas too smelly, and poison......What was wrong with poison?" The griffon asked curiously.







"Poison doesn't work on alicorns." The unicorn prince said. "It was bad enough that my aunts didn't kill the little monster. But now with that low born Twilight Sparkle a Princess that..creature is now a step away from the princess hood. It really hampers the plans of the nobility to restore our old power."







"Planning to unseat your own aunt?" The griffon asked. The prince sneered as he replied.







"She is my aunt through politics. My ancestor foolishly adopted her and Luna into the family and ever since then the court's power diminished. I play the annoying nephew to lull them into a false sense of security. But Nightmare Moon and her patchwork princess mother threaten our plans. Nothing will crush Twilight Sparkle then the death of her daughter."







"Well I shall find something that achieves your goal Prince Blueblood." The griffon led the prince to the door.







"Well I did hire the best assassin in Equestria. After all." Blueblood said with a smile. The griffon raised a talon.







"Ah but I'm just a simple tailor your highness." The two smile as the Prince leaves the business.







***** ***** *****







Nyx was a bundle of energy and joy on the train. Much to Twilight's regret. She had been reading up on everything written about governing and she looked exhausted to Selene's eyes. She had looked after Nyx a lot recently but clearly wasn't enough. Hell all the girls looked a bit tired. All of them have been hunted by reporters but she got a reprieve since not many know where she stays. Still to have a princess summit so soon after Twilight's coronation is meant to the poor mare. Eventually they arrived at the empire. With a stretch Selene headed for the exit of the train and walked to the palace. Everything went well till Rarity freaked out about Twilight's lack of a crown. Twilight reassured her............and did Pinkie just make the transformers noise? The other princesses met them and Cadance and Twilight did their dance before she greeted her niece. They were then treated to a nice dinner and small talk but it became clear the girls were tired. Soon the girls are all asleep including Selene. Well a part of her , two parts of her had snuck into a room with a certain mirror. Both were in her true form and with a wire setup and the room sound proofed they waited. In the AM part of the night the mirror activated and Sunset somersaulted as she tripped on the wire. Just as she landed they were on her. One took the Formal crown while the other bound up Sunset. With a nod the Selene with the crown went through the mirror.







She emerged on the other side with a stagger but soon she composed herself. Like in Equestria it was still dark out and she saw where the downtown part of the city was and after stowing the crown in her saddle bags now turned her backpack she headed that way. She wished she could take the bus but doubted they would take gems for payment. So she walked for hours till she found a little motel and tiredly walked into the office and found an old man watching a TV.







"Excuse me. I like to rent a room for a few days."







" Seventy five bucks a day." He said flatly.







"I don't have money on me but I do have this gem." She placed a small gem on the counter. "It should be easy to pay tonight and I will have cash tomorrow." The man picked it up and looked at it for a minute. Then he reached to grab a key and tossed it to her. "Take one and you better have cash tomorrow."







"Thank you sir." She said as she left for the room. The room was simple. A bed, phone, a pair of dressers, a TV, and a bathroom. She stripped and fell asleep on the bed.







The next morning she got up and stretched and took a shower to wake up. She forgot how good water felt on skin. Fur altered in and it has been decades since she had this feeling. It added as she dried herself and loved the feel of her breasts. Times like these it was great to be a mammal. An hour later she went to a pawn shop to trade some gems and bits for cash. With cash she went to McDonald's for breakfast before heading to the school.







She got off the city bus and looked at the front of Canterlot High School. The place was like the one she knew. She walked into the school and headed for the offices. Soon she found herself in Celestia's office.







"Please take a seat Miss Light." Selene did so. "You said you wanted to talk about a student that goes here?"







"Sunset Shimmer is a run away and her family finally caught up with her." Celestial frowned at the sound of that.







"If she is being abused.." Celestial began and Selene held up a hand.







"No abuse happened. There was just a major disagreement between Sunset and the head of the family and Sunset decided to leave. Took us years to find her. So she is now on her way home. And back to a family that loves her and worried about her." Celestia was quiet for a couple of minutes.







"You're sure she is alright?" She finally . Selene replied.







"Yes, we have her best interest at heart. I personally care about her well being." Celestia sighed before replying.







"Very well Miss Light. Thank you for telling me." Selene nodded and got up and opened her backpack to grab the crown.







"One last thing. I do believe this is your crown. Sunset had it on her.” She handed the crown over. Celestia looked at it.







"Well thank you Miss Light." Celestia replied and Selene nodded and her eyes widened.







"I almost forgot, could you please have Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy to meet at the soccer field after school?”







" Why?" Celestia asked with a raised eyebrow.







" I have a few things to say to them that will hopefully heal the rift Sunset made. "







"Very well Miss Light." Selene nodded and did some research on the library's computers till it was nearly the end of the school day and she headed for the soccer field. She waited by the stands as she saw the girls come. They are not happy seeing each other.







"Who the hell are you?" Dash demanded.







"My name is Selene Light and I am here to restore the friendships Sunset ruined." They looked at her confused.







"Ah beg her pardon? Sunset ruined our friendship?" Applejack asked.







"Yes," Selene responded. "Each of you had something go wrong due to miscommunication over your phones, correct?" They all slowly nodded. "Did any of you tried to talk face to face on the screw up?" They shook their head and Selene sighed. "You girls together are a great force. Sunset saw that and worked to break your group up and you made it easy. One text message broke up years of friendship. That's very sad. Now Sunset is gone and unlikely to return so I suggest you all have some thinking and talking to do so I will leave you to it." Selene walked away with the girls silent as soon she headed for her hotel. She needed rest before her plans for tonight.










Later that night she was in a suburb of Canterlot in front of a nice house that belonged to the sirens. It seems they made use of their abilities and agelessness to good effect. She saw no alarm system, just simple locks. That arrogance will be their undoing. Taking out a lock pick set she bought after leaving the school among other things. She was amazed at what she could get so quickly. This human world had to be more peaceful than hers was.







After a few minutes she had the door open and she snuck in. The place was decked out with fancy things so these three either invested well or sang for it......or both. Selene stealthily moved to the upper floors and after a few minutes she found the first bedroom. She quickly removed some tranquilizers and used it on the siren. With her not waking for a while Selene carefully removed the pendant and left the room. She repeated this twice more and then left. Once she was safely away she stomped on the pedants and they shattered under her shoe. That done she headed back to her motel and slept before heading back through the portal the next night.







***** ***** *****







I sat down on a couch in one of the lounges in the Crystal Palace taking a much needed breath. Twilight was done with today's session of their summit and took Nyx to unwind. I sat there as the sunset happened. Beautiful sight as always. I was still sitting there as night arrived.







"May I join you?" I was startled and looked at Luna smiling at me. "Apologies Selene Light. I didn't mean to startle you." Selene gave her a look.







"Oh please I know you and your sister like to prank. I bet you enjoyed the look on my face." Luna smirked.







"I admit to getting some fun out of seeing reactions." Selene laughed at that and padded the couch.







"Then sit and how can I help a princess?" Luna did sit down and looked at Selene.







"Well I would like to know you better, like where you are from?" Luna asked.







"Was born outside Equestria by parents who had me late in their life."










"Oh? Where?"










"No place you heard of."










"And what did you do before coming to Equestria?"







"I solved problems that come up wherever I am."







"An interesting profession to choose."







"It worked but I have considered another occupation since I have been staying in Ponyville."







"Oh, any ideas?"







"Thinking of opening a fry stand." Luna just looked at me surprised. I smirked at her before dropping it. "Now what is this meeting really about?" Luna sighed and began.







"You have become close to the Element Bearers and Nyx Sparkle. They are all very dear to me and you appear out of nowhere with no history or records. Forgive me and my sister that we are concerned about that. Especially for young Nyx." Luna stared intently at me. I took a breath before I responded.







"I am still going to keep some secrets but I can tell you.. I came to your Equestria by accident. I have been trying to get back home but have failed. Twilight and her friends? Well they remind me of my dearest friends and I would never purposely harm them. They are as precious to me as they are to you." Luna was silent as she kept looking at me. It was getting awkward as minutes went by before she finally spoke.







"You are from another Equestria?" I nodded







"Is it really so hard to believe? I know you have a magic mirror that goes to another world."







"Point to you. So do you know your Princess Luna?"







"Oh yes, she is very dear to me. And she still looks like you did before Nightmare Nyx. It is just her preferred form not a sign of her power."







"Interesting. Is there another difference between our world and yours?"







"Nyx didn't happen and Cadence was pregnant much later." Luna again looked at her before speaking again.







"Well thank you for your honesty of what you have revealed, though I question why not more?"







"Not sure how you would react to some and I bet you keep some secrets as well."







"Point Miss Light. May you have a wonderful night."







"You as well Princess Luna." With that the two mares went their separate ways.







***** ***** *****




The final Selene was in Nightstone Castle observing Sunset Shimmer. The mare in question was splayed out against the wall, chains binding her legs and a ring on Her horn to prevent magic use. Her mouth was slightly opened and her eyes glowed white as she lived through the memories of Selene's Sunset. Seeing Sunset like that reminded her of when her Sunset finally returned to Equestria. After meeting the human Twilight and Sunset the pony Sunset saw less and less reason to stay in what Selene dubbed Earth Equestria. Selene always encouraged Sunset to return but the pony turned human always resisted. Then the human Starlight showed up. Unlike most of the humans she believed the magic captured on video was real and it was a threat to the world. Using her intelligence she made a device that could detect and absorb magic. She came to the school and absorbed the magic of the girls and the portal. Sunset tackled her to get the and it went flying. Starlight managed to get free and grabbed the device if it was damaged and it released its magic and Starlight became its focus. She became encompassed by the magic and transformed. She looked similar to demon shimmer and like Sunset, became drunk in power making rifts that led to Equestria. That was weird sitting in the Two Sisters when I saw the front of Canterlot High right in front of me. Sunset tried to plead with Starlight to stop but was blasted for her trouble. The human Sunset helped her up as the human Twilight grabbed the now empty device and manage to repair it and on a whim tossed it to pony Sunset who caught and as she mentioned the elements the girls glowed and their aura went into the device once more and she tossed it on the ground and it exploded in a white light that enveloped Pony Sunset. When it faded......just wow. She looked like a fire based angel and sealed the rifts. She and Starlight then got into a DBZ style fight before Sunset beat her and EOH her flank.







After that battle Pony Sunset decided to return to Equestria. Though she won the battle against Starlight it was only with the help of the human girls. It was time and growing legal issues of their being two Sunsets furthered helped that idea. So after a tearful farewell to the girls. All of us were surprised when she emerged from the portal. She was a tad taller and had wings. She took it well and only fainted once. Many jaws were dropped at the sight. When Sunset came we went over this was possible. Best guess they had was when she used Starlight's device. It was very similar to how Twilight did it. Sunset felt so odd that she got the wish she abandoned. Tia was ecstatic and was hugging the fiery mare almost nonstop. Definitely eased Sunset's feelings on returning. She splits her time between Ponyville and Canterlot and was likely at Canterlot the night she was sent to this world.







After about a day in that trance before she blinked and the white disappeared from her eyes. Sunset gulped and asked for water which Selene gave her and she guzzled it and when done she started crying. Selene unlocked her and the mare held her. Selene let her get all out. After an hour Sunset stopped and composed herself. "Thank you Selene. I couldn't control that response."







"It's okay Sunset. I know you needed it." Sunset nodded and sat there taking it all in.







"It's weird, having memories of events I didn't do."







"I know that. Have Luna's/Nightmare Moon's memories. Took me a bit and an EOH blast to adapt to it."







"Yeah, so what do I do now. I don't want to go back but what future do I have here?"







"A lot Sunset. You have those memories show you it. Celestia loves you very much. Is she an idiot at times? Hell yes but she cares and you are among the top." Sunset was silent for a minute.







"So what happens now?" Sunset asked.







"Well I don't want them to know about this part of me so here's what we'll do......"







***** ***** *****







It was the final day of the summit and it's final meeting was over. Everypony was unwinding in the palace. Except for Selene the others wondered where the mare was. Selene did show up and was asked where she was. She responded with. "I met an interesting mare." She looked behind herself. "You can come out now." In moments Sunset appeared and was acting shyly.







"Uh, hi everypony."







"Sunset?" Celestia said with an almost whisper.







"It's me Princess Celestia." There was a bright flash and Sunset was now being hugged by a crying Celestia.







"I...I thought I would never see you again. I worried constantly, wondering if you were even still alive." Now Sunset was crying.







"I'm sorry Princess."







"I'm sorry to. We both made mistakes." The two mares continued to hug and started nuzzling each other. Selene gestured to the others to let have some privacy. The group heads for another lounge and Twilight is the first to ask the question.







"Who is that and why does she mean so much to Princess Celestia?" Cadence shifted on her couch and answered the question.







"Her name is Sunset Shimmer and she is your predecessor as Celestia's student. From what I heard Auntie practicality raised her because her parents were so career oriented. They were very close."







"Then what happened if they were so close?" Dash asked.







"Me." Cadence replied. "I got my horn and Aunt adopted me the same day I came to Canterlot. After a couple if hours talking Sunset was allowed to see us. She was not happy when she heard everything. She had long sought out being an alicorn and being adopted by Auntie. But Auntie wouldn't for years and here I was, knowing Celestia for only a day and made her niece as well as becoming an alicorn before that. She left without saying a word and I knew she was a bit unhappy. I went to her room to try to befriend her." Cadence looked down. "My timing was poor for she wasn't in the best mood. Heated words were thrown from both of us. I got her mad enough to light her horn. Seeing she wasn't in the mood I move leave but I gave out one last quip. It was one too many. She lost her cool and launched a fireball at me. It hit my foreleg and if not for alicorn I would have have scar there. I fled from her calling her a monster. In hindsight she seemed shocked and horrified. And I made a mistake going there at that time. I heard Celestia confronted Sunset and the two actually fought till Sunset escaped through the mirror. So how did you meet her Selene?" Cadence asked the turquoise mare.







"Well I am a night owl so I was wandering around and saw a flash in an empty room and saw Sunset. I asked her what she was doing and she tried to shove me aside. I took offense to that and gave her a talking to. It was a Shining talk and she got the message and you saw the rest." The rest nodded and small talk resumed.










***** ***** *****







The Royal Sisters looked over a balcony that gave them a clear view of Ponyville but not the mysteries surrounding the town. They just arrived home earlier that day after dropping off Twilight's group in Ponyville.







"How is Sunset Shimmer sister?" Luna asked.







"Asleep in her bed. With a smile on her face. We made our amends."







"Am I going to have another niece soon?" Luna asked with a smirk.







"Yes, though we will wait a bit before announcing it. She needs some time to adjust. And how did your conversation with Selene go?"







"Interesting. She claims to be from another Equestria and given where my latest niece spent the last several years leans credence to that notion. She claims she came here by accident from an experiment by her Twilight Sparkle and is trying to find a way back to her Equestria. She promises no harm to us."







"Sense a however in there sister." Celestia states.







"Indeed sister. She has kept things from me. She admits she is fearful on how we would act if we knew. Whatever it is, it is dangerous. And the fact she just happened to be at the right spot at the right time for Sunset's return ups it. I know you are likely grateful for her work on Sunset Shimmer but ever since Nightmare Nyx and what that reveal we must be careful. And from what I have heard Selene Light lives in Nightstone Castle." Celestia looks at Luna with a raised eyebrow.










"Oh, that is an interesting choice. How did you come by that information?" Celestia asked. Luna smirked at her.







"Young Sweetie Belle. As much as her group gets in trouble they can also be a wealth of information. They ran into Selene Light there and the mare admitted to living in the castle. Also Selene has become Twilight's go to mare to watch after Nyx when she is busy." Celestia is silent for a bit and looks back to Ponyville.







"As much she has shown to help us, we must be cautious. I have been betrayed once by somepony I trusted and no matter it was due to outside influence it still happens and Nyx and Equestria paid the price for it. I will not allow that to happen again."







“Indeed, Nyx has already suffered enough for both her and our sins. I shall keep a closer eye on Selene Light. But unlike Nyx we shall take our time, correct, sister?"







"Yes Luna, I will not make the same mistake twice. We shall wait and watch and see who Selene light really is."