• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 13,379 Views, 713 Comments

Nightmare, Nightmare - Admiral Q Ponyform



Twilight's experiament gets out of control and Selene finds herself in another Equestria that has the LAST thing she ever expected to see.

  • ...
46
 713
 13,379

Pinkies and Apples

Selene teleported in a grove a trees and began walking onto the road to Ponyville. While she did so she thought of what she read. She only manage to read a couple of newspaper articles on that little Nightmare Moon. From what she got was that for a few weeks she in adult form manage to defeat but Luna and Celestia and ruled Equestria. Thought she did bring eternal Night it lasted only two weeks. It seemed Equestria did experience much of a difference under this Nightmare Moon's rule. Then she read the letter where Nightmare Moon freed ponies belonging to the cult called 'The Children of Nightmare' saying they were influenced by her magic and were not to blame for their actions. She then abdicated the throne. Days later Ponyville was attacked by creatures from the Everfree and it seems Nightmare Moon came to their defense and nearly died doing it. It seems the Princesses returned not long after that and nightmare Moon surrendered to them. Officially she had been stripped in power and being taken care of by a trusted pony. Selene had to smile at that. Saying the truth while hiding it's meaning. Classic Celestia to Selene mind. She doesn't change at all. Since it apparent that this Twilight is taking care of a filly her she have some chance to get more info on this. And of course enjoy the company of her friends, well sort of her friends. That's going to be some odd thinking. They acted and looked like her friends but these girls never met her. At least till today. She snorted as she continued her thought. Her life stopped being normal when she died, why should that change now?

Finally she reached the town and notice how quiet it was. With a knowing smile she walked to Sugarcube Corner. She walked through the door and confetti shot at her making her jump a bit.

“YAY! You came on time! Welcome to your 'Welcome to Ponyville' Party!” A familiar pink party pony said in her face. Selene's smile returned.

“I wouldn't miss it for the world Pinkie.” Pinkie disappeared but not before putting a party hat on Selene's horn. Seeing everypony else there she raised a hoof and addressed them. “Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. Enjoy the party everypony!” She then mingled with the ponies recognizing many and chatting with a few before making her way to Twilight.

“Hey Selene, how's the party?” the unicorn asked.

“Loving every minute of it. I already had to play pin the tail on the pony three times!” Twilight gave a knowing smile.

“Pinkie does love that game.” Before either could go further Twilight's friends came up and greeted her. Well almost all, Fluttershy was cowering in the corner. Rainbow was short and to the point, Applejack gave the typical Apple family welcome, but Rarity stayed the longest.

“Darling you simply must come by my boutique. I'm coming up with amazing ideas for a dress.” Selene put a hoof in Rarity's mouth.

“Look Rarity I appreciate that you want to make a dress for me but despite my mane style I am a tomcolt. I don't do the frou-frou thing. IF and I say if I need a dress of course I'll stop by but right now I have no need of one. Okay?” She saw Rarity slump and sigh.

“Very well darling, but it seems such a waste.”

“Thank you. Now I do have a question for you Twilight.” The Unicorn mare looked at her curiously.

“As I told you earlier I've been away from Equestria for awhile. While a got the gist of what happened with your daughter I like to hear from you who was closer to the issue then anything I've read.” Twilight frowned a bit. “If you don't that's okay. I'm just looking for truth, that's all.”

“Okay Selene. It started one night...” With that Twilight began the tale of Nightmare Nyx.

An hour later and Twilight was finished with the tale with Rarity adding a bit here and there, especially while Twilight was in prison. Selene just shook her head annoyed at Celestia.

'Oh yes Celestia is going to pay for that level of stupidity.' The party started to whine down and ponies were leaving. The apples waved to them as they left, though Applebloom gave an extra wave to little Nyx. Nyx herself was drifting so Twilight went over and but the filly on her back which she nuzzled.

Selene's heart melted at the sight.

“Hey Twilight, one last question.”

“Yes?”

“Why Nyx?”

“She's named after one of my favorite books 'Nyx of the Night'.”

“Nice, well have a good night Twilight.” Selene looks behind her and waves at the Pink pony who was at least not hopping around. “Great party Pinkie, see you around.”

“Anytime Selenie!” Selene just shook her head as she walked out and glanced at Twilight heading towards Golden Oaks and and did a small smile.

She reached her bedroom in the Nightstone Castle and shed her disguise.

“Oh that feels good.” She couldn't explain it but she just felt more comfortable in Nightmare form. She then laid on the nice circular bed. “I'll say this. Possessed Spell Nexus certainly knew his beds.” She poked at it twice. “He even made it out of clouds, excellent. I maybe out of my world...again but at least I have a comfy place.” She grabbed a book with her magic and read.

A few hours later she felt it was time to head for bed. She been up for nearly 24 hours but first she had one last thing to do. She clapped her hooves together. Oh yes she was going to enjoy this.

* * * * * *

It was mid morning when Selene woke up from the bit of sleep she had.

'Thank God that alicorns don't need as much sleep.' She thought to herself as she teleported to the kitchen and grabed a glass of milk and a couple pieces of cake since she wasn't in a mood to cook something. Taking a couple of bites and a sip she heard a loud scream followed by.

“LUNA!”

“WHAT!?” Follow it and Selene fell over laughing and clutching her barrel. It was too perfect. She pulled off the cake heist again and this time Celestia was blaming Luna. The PERFECT crime. This Tia totally deserve it after what she did to Nyx. Though poor Luna will have to take in the chin. After a few minutes Selene manage to get back up and continued her breakfast. Oh yes she was going to enjoy this meal.


* * * * * *

Selene was in a park under a tree reading from some of the book on teleportation spells trying to find some clue to what her Twilight was doing. Normally she would just stay in her castle, it was made for Nightmare Moon and she is Nightmare Moon so she's got claim on it. But the day was far too nice to stay indoors, even though she have to be in her disguise. The breeze felt nice and the weather was just perfect. Rainbow mush have went all out today. She heard and saw the CMC run nearby. Trying to get their cutie marks again. Those poor girls never get it. Thank God they FINALLY them in her world and boy did they feel stupid by how long it took them to figure it out. Still the wouldn't have traded the time they spent with each other for the world. But this group of CMC was different then they one she remembered. It had two other members. Nyx and an earth pony that Selene thought was called Twist. Well they will have fun none the less and wnet back to reading.

She was on another book a couple hours later when she heard something coming. It was odd so she stopped reading and listened.

“FunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunFUNFUNFUNFUN!” Selene couldn't believe her sight. There heading right towards her was the last thing she ever wanted to see.

AN ARMY OF PINKIES.

She teleported away before she could be clobbered by the hopping pink ponies.

She teleported next to Golden Oaks ans saw many ponies around it with Twilight seemingly trying to calm them down. A pinkie did come in and try to tell Twilight something but another Pinkie showed up and parroted Twilight. Soon several Pinkie's showed up and chaos ensued.

* * * * * *

Selene found herself with Twilight, Spike, and Nyx. Selene little counterpart was on Twilight's back and looked scared at all the Pinkie Pies. A column of Pinkies hopped by and Twilight groaned.

“Ugh! This is hopeless!”

“Maybe that's the real Pinkie.” Spike towards a Pinkie that laying half on a mushroom table looking sad.

“They real Pinkie Pie never sat that long in her life.” Twilight retorted.

“Hold on there Twilight.” Selene interrupted. “Consider this. The bulk of these Pinkies are hoping around chanting FUN! This one is not and don't tell me Pinkie has never been sad before.” Selene heard about how Pinkie acted at the surprise party they held for her birthday the first year Twilight was in Ponyville. “Also think of motivation. Why would Pinkie clone herself?”

“Well, she was trying to spend time with both Rainbow and Applejack who both were doing something this afternoon.” Selene got a knowing smile and walked up to the Pinkie.

“Pinkie, what is it you want most?” Selene asked the sad Pinkie.

“Just to have fun with my friends, but I've ruined it with this stupid plan.” Pinkie began crying as Selene eyed a hopping Pinkie and grabbed her with her magic and floated her over and asked the same question. This Pinkie answered.

“To have fun!” Selene smiled and tossed the Pinkie away and pointed to the sad correction, now crying Pinkie.

“This is the real Pinkie.”

“I don't know Selene.” Twilight said.

“Come on Twilight, While Pinkie does love to have fun, she love's her friends more. This one mentioned her friends. The one I tossed just wants to have fun.” Twilight didn't seem fully convinced of it.

“i have to agree with Selene mom. My love for you and my friends helped me to not fully become Nightmare Moon.”

“I got it!” the Pinkie yelled out interrupting the little filly. “Make a test, one very boring and not fun at all. The Pinkie that passes gets to stay.”

“That could work. And I have just the idea for that test.”

“And if this is the real Pinkie then you owe me dinner Twilight.” She put a collar on this Pinkie. “Don't take that off till I say and this will prove I didn't cheat.”

“Fine let's go.”

* * * * * * *

It took a could hours to round up all the Pinkies and Selene kept the collared one with her. It took Twilight shouting to get the pinkies to sit still. Twilight gave them all the rules and then revealed the test.

Watching paint dry.

'Oh very clever Twilight. Now time to sit back and watch.'

It took a bit for the first Pinkie to fail, poor Spike already went through the bag of popcorn he had. Then they all started to fall.

“I betcha can't make a face crazier than. THIS!” One said and she had rearranged her face. Selene admitted Pinkie actually looked better like that. And that was the final domino. Soon there were only two left and boy were they going at it. It was Rainbow who caved first.

“I can't take it anymore! Someone's making balloon animals.”

“Where?” a Pinkie asks and she's blasted by to the pool. The last Pinkie was still staring at the paint till Twilight told her to stop. That's when Selene eyes the collar on Pinkie.

“Hey Twilight. She has the collar. You owe me dinner!” There was some shocked looks around and Selene understood the meaning.

“NOT THAT KIND OF DINNER!”

* * * * * * *

Days later Selene was back in the castle in her natural form reading books she got from the Royal Sisters Library still looking for what her Twilight was messing with when she heard noise in the castle. Turning to her smoke form Selene went out so see what was happening.

She found quickly that it was the crusaders, all five of them walking the halls of the castle. She hoped they would go away but no they got close to where she was staying. She had no choice now. She wisp ahead of the girls ans assumed her current unicorn form. When they got close she step forward to reveal herself to them.

“What are you girls doing here?” She asked. They were surprised to see her here. Scootaloo was the first to regain her voice.

“Well what are you doing here. This is Nyx's place even if she doesn't live here right now.”

“I live here. Not only is it a nice castle if you get by the creepy Nightmare statues. And it's far enough away from Ponyville so if my experiments go boom it won't take Ponyville with it.” The all winced at that.

“What are you working on Selene?” Nyx asked.

“On a teleportation spell. Now what are you five doing here?” The all shuffled their hooves. Sweetie looked like she was about to say something but both Applebloom and Scootaloo glared at her. The light went on in Selene's head. “It's Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon isn't it and they got you to believe to not talk about it right?” It was Nyx who caved and nodded. And Selene sighed. “You girls fell for the oldest bully trick in the book. Saying you're a snitch. Do you know why they say that? They are afraid of being punished so they get to to never tell. Never be afraid of doing the right thing girls. Evil flourishes when good ponies do nothing. Now come on we have bullies to address.”

* * * * * * *

The girls led her to the clubhouse which was locked up to prevent anypony getting in. Well any earth pony anyway. With a smirk Selene teleported up and was on the deck.

“What was that?” the familiar voice of Diamond Tiara asked. Selene saw the two fillies with a new girl showing up. It took her a moment to recognize her. Applebloom's cousin. The first Crusader outside the founding three, well in her universe anyway. Now she knows what happened.

“That was me Diamond Tiara. Bullying again? I thought you would have learn from Nyx about bullying but it seems you are still as dumb as ever.”

'What's she talking about?” Babs Seed asked Tiara in her thick Brooklyn accent.

“Oh your new friends didn't tell you? Well remember the second return of Nightmare Moon?” Babs nodded so Selene continued. “Well you can thank your new friends for that ball getting rolling. Nyx could have gone much longer before being discovered if discovered at all. But Your friends decided to get back at Nyx for her question that she asked in school and tricked her into going into the Everfree Forest. There she got lost and made her way the the Royal Sister's old castle. Unfortunately for every pony remains of the Original Nightmare Moon's magic. That magic was attracted to Nyx since she's physically Nightmare Moon and she was forced to relive some of the darker parts of Luna's past as Nightmare Moon. Including have hatred for Twilight Sparkle. Imagine it Babs. Diamond Tiara loves her father dearly, now imagine her having memories telling her she hated her dad. That is what Nyx had to go through. Then there was the magic surge that got the attention of Both Princess Celestia and the cult that made Nyx.” Selene saw nyx trying to intervene down below but before the filly could say anything Selene addressed her. “Nyx, don't say anything. While it was a noble thing to take all the blame the truth is you are the ultimate victim here. You didn't want those memories or what both Celestia and the cult did to you. Punishment is meant to teach and sadly Diamond Tiara has not been punish as she should most of her life. She's been spoiled because while her dad is a good loving stallion he is a bad father by not teaching her these things. You two help bring about one of the greatest threats to the world and could have easily gotten yourselves killed. Instead of taking that lesson to heart you are back at it again. Your dad is not always gonna be there to bail you out when you screw up. One day he will die and the family business will be yours to command. Bullying will not save your company went it loses profits by your mismanagement.”

This ended up being true in her world. Selene bought Barnyard Bargains when her Diamond Tiara drove it into the ground. Diamond ended up on the streets and though Selene tried to help her she was too stubborn and according to her Luna died in an alley way of hunger.

“Diamond Tiara, learn from your father. How he runs his business. How he treats is employees, suppliers, and customers. Applebloom will one day inherent Sweet Apple Acres. The place responsible for your families wealth. Filthy Rich is smart enough to keep that partnership going. Will you?” Selene addressed Babs again.

“I've got a guess. That guess is that you have been bullied back home and when it seemed to start happening here you fled to the bully's side so you wouldn't be a target. Is that really how you want to live your life? I suggest you three really think on that.” using her magic she lowered the clubhouse ramp. “Now this place isn't yours, it's theirs.” Selene saw Diamond Tiara shake her head.

“When my daddy hears about this he'll-”

“DO WHAT? I do not use his place of business. Nor does he have any legal standing to go after me. I have not harm him or you. I have simply said things. If he tries to sick Town Hall at me I can challenge for corruption. That will harm him and Town Hall not me.” Diamond Tiara stomped away with Silver Spoon following. Selene left Babs and the Crusaders to think.

* * * * * *

I few days later the parade was happening and Selene saw a welcome sight. The Crusaders plus one Babs Seed driving a gold apple float in the parade. All six had smiles on as they waved to the crowd. Selene heard a pony come next to her.

“I hear tell that you mended the rift between Applebloom and her cousin.” Applejack said.

“I just said what needed to be said. That was all and they were the ones who made it work not me.”

“Well I can thank you kindly for doing so. I wish the she had come to me when it all started.”

“Kids can be foolish. Hopefully they learn from mistakes.” Applejack just nodded and the two enjoyed the rest of the parade.

Author's Note:

i figure a long chapter makes up for the delay. Worked out the timeline. A slightly altered Winter Bells will be in this story. How much not sure yet.

I had originally planned for Discord taking the blame for the cake prank but since he's still in stone I gave it to Luna instead.

I thought of having DT gang raped and killed in the alley way but thought that too dark