• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 13,391 Views, 713 Comments

Nightmare, Nightmare - Admiral Q Ponyform



Twilight's experiament gets out of control and Selene finds herself in another Equestria that has the LAST thing she ever expected to see.

  • ...
46
 713
 13,391

Reveal

Author's Note:

Selene's theme song

The eyes were only the first thing. My mane and tail went ethereal and I was covered by them. I felt my body grew to its true size. I felt my armor fit my body. I powered up and blew my ethereal parts away and I was there in my full glory. Tall, regal, and powerful. I lifted Nyx onto my back near my neck and put a shield around her. I then summoned a sword and looked at Blueblood and his cronies. “Okay,” I put my sword up in a guard position. “Who dies first?” Some step back. They expected a filly but found a mare instead.




“Attack you fools. We'll kill them both. Obey your prince!” after a few seconds they charge in. I narrowed my eyes and got ready. I blocked one sword with mine and decked a mare with a forehoof. With a sweep and decapitated a pony then moved to block another and I lit my horn. I glanced behind me and saw a pony coming at me. I bucked like AJ taught me. The pony went flying. With a few more swipes and several more bodies hit the ground. I lost a magic beam and several ponies disintegrated. With a few more swipes making more dead bodies cause the remaining ponies made a run for it. I took to the air and lit my horn and in a royal canterlot voice I said. “BIG BANG ATTACK!” Then I let loose several bolts of magic and soon only Blue Blood remained. I felt sudden pain in my right wing and I started falling. I teleported myself to the ground. Ignoring the pain I looked at Blueblood. It was whiter than usual. I approached him saying. “Blueblood, for the kidnapping and attempted murder of Princess Nyx I charge you with treason against the crown and sentence you to death.” He whimpered and my horn lit. He wet himself and that pleased me. With a smirk I blasted him to ash. I took a deep breath and canceled the shield around Nyx and cast away my sword back to its storage. I looked over my shoulder at Nyx. “You okay Nyx?” She looked at me with fear and confusion.









“You're……you're me. How can you be me? What do you want with me?” I leaned down more.




“Nyx, I would never purposely harm you. Nor did I reveal what I truly am to do anything to you but to protect you. I have always been the Selene that has looked over you all the times your mom asked me to. I just used a different form.” Nyx calmed down a bit. “Now let's get you back to your mother.” I lifted my wings and flinched in pain from my right wing. I summoned a first aid kit and inspected my wing. There was a sizable gash on the support area and bleeding. I opened the kit and swabbed alcohol on it and hissed before bandaging it. “Are you hurting Nyx?” I asked.




“No, just eager to go home.”




“I hear ya.” I began walking in the direction of Ponyville.




“So how are you me? Some time spell mess up?”




“Well maybe but not in the way you think. I am not quite you. Note my cutie mark.” I felt her shift on my back.




“Oh, it's Luna's mark, not mine. So who are you?”




“My name is Selene Light but I will tell the rest in Ponyville so I only tell my story once.” I glanced back and saw her pouting like Twilight. I chuckled at that. “You are so like your mother at times.”







After an hour we were at the chasm. Sadly I couldn't fly over this time but I eyed a bridge. I headed for it. As I approached an old diamond dog appeared. “Halt! This is the bridge of death. Answer my three questions correctly and you may pass.” Annoyed at this event but I smirked at him.




“Give me your questions.”




“What is your name?”




“Selene Light.”




“What is your favorite color?”




“Red.”




“What, is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?”




“Equestrian or Zebraican?” He looked confused.




“I don't know. Wwww Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!” He was flown from his spit and into the chasm.




“How did you know that?” I looked at her.




“I could say as a princess I need to know such things but truthfully, I've seen something like this before so I knew the solution.” I walked across and continued on.




Hours later I noticed the sun was on its final track and I looked for a place to camp out. I spotted a small cave. Perfect. I detoured to cut up some trees and went into the cave. I put Nyx down and I arranged the wood and took some of it and some loose rocks to make a campfire. With some magic the fire was started. Nyx got close as night fell. I summoned a case and opened it and hoofed it over an MRE. “I know it's not as good as the food Pinkie and Applejack make but its all I have.” Nyx nodded and opened it and took a bite and frowned at it but still ate on. I took out a couple canteens and gave one to Nyx. “Here is some juice.” Nyx took it and took a sip and smiled. “Yeah you can thank Applejack for that. She and Pinkie worked on the MREs but no success.”




“Since when have they worked on that?”




“They haven't yet. Time travel is a factor in what brought me here. And your mom's friends are old mares.”




“Yet you aren't me. The cutie mark proves it. So how………” I saw that lightbulb moment. “You are from another world like one Sunset stayed in.”




“Close but not quite.” I sighed. “I guess I can't wait to tell you. You curious little filly.” I ruffled her mane then told her my story. When I was done she stared at me.




“Selene, that is messed up. Even more than my story.”




“Story of my life and don't sell your story short. Took a lot of self control to beat the crap out of her. But I did prank her good.” I saw Nyx yawn and I lifted a wing. “Come on, I will keep you warm tonight.” Nyx raced over and nestled next to me. “Good night little Nyx, I shall protect you.” I nuzzled her and set up wards to alert me of threats. I stayed up an hour more before joining her in sleep.







The next morning we ate and I checked my wing. It was achy but I could fly with it. Yay alicorn healing. After a restroom break I put her on my back and we were off. It was midmorning when Ponyville came in view. Ponies all looked at her as she came in to land. Twilight raced out of the library, saw me and looked concerned. “Nyx?” I smiled and answered.




“She's right here Twilight.” I lowered her to the ground.




“MOM!” The filly ran to her mother and the two hugged and cried. It was a touching sight. Twilight then looked at me.




“Who are you if you are not Nyc?”




“It's me Selene. This is my true form.” They were left speechless. “We better take this inside and I swear I will tell you everything.” They looked at each other before nodding and led the way. I followed and took a seat on the floor.




“I'm contacting Celestia.” Twilight said as she wrote. I looked around and while most looked at me with thoughtful faces. AJ looked at me with a glare.




“What is it Applejack?”




“You lied to us.”




“Only a bit when I had no choice. Was afraid how you would react to the two of us around. I told as much truth as I could. Including my name.”




“So Selene Light is your name?” I nodded.




“Yes it is the name I have chosen to use just as Nyx chose hers.” Before we could go further a flash appeared and before us was the sisters. They looked at me with a neutral expression. “Luna, I have to say I love the new look. You should be of equal height.”




“Explain yourself Nightmare.” Luna stated.




“Very well, I am Selene Light, Princess of Defense, and Alicorn of Shadows. I am from another Equestria where I happened instead of Nyx. I ended up here by an accident and have been trying to get back ever since.” There was silence for a bit.




“And your intentions on Twilight and her friends?” Celestia asked.




“Just to be friends with them. They may not be the ones I have known for decades but they are still them at the core. And when I learned of Nyx and what YOU did to her I decided to look out for her.” Celestia winced at that.




“Wait, decades?” Twilight asked. I nodded.




“Yes, decades. The girls are all old mares. In fact I just missed a Pinkie Party the night I was sent here.”




“So you know future events?”




“To an extent. There are differences. I have taken care of Tirek and Sunset for you.”




“Tirek!?” The sisters exclaim. I nodded.




“Yup, he got loose and would have terrorized Equestria and destroyed this very library. He and the changeling invasion convince several ponies including military personnel that you couldn't protect them. They wanted a change but ran into issues. Luna was the sure choice to replace you but was too cowed by being this, “ I pointed to myself, “to oppose you again. Cadence was busy with the Empire and Twilight too loyal to you to side against you. They needed some pony else.”




“You?” Celestia asked.




“Not quite. I wasn't what they expected. This body was supposed to appear at their headquarters and be a blank slate to put a Nightmare Moon personality. Instead this body appeared in the Royal Sisters Castle and instead of blank it had the memories and the personality of a creature called a human.”




“Human?” Twilight asked.




“Sunset mentioned the race she was turned into was called human.” Celestia commented. “Imagine a furless minotaur with the head and lower body of a monkey.”




“A close enough description. I was a human male dying after saving a female from rape and murder.” They all gasp at that. “Yeah my best theory was the fact both my world and Equestira had blood moons made a connection between them allowing my human side to enter this body.”




“Human side?” I sighed and told them how I was kidnapped and forced to have that Nightmare personality and how the Elements merged the two into the Selene before them. They were silent for a long time.




“So who was after Nyx, Selene?” Twilight asked about petting her daughter's mane.




“Prince Blueblood. He hired the mercenaries to foalnap her. Then he would kill her. I killed him instead.” Celestia frowned a bit at that. I pointed a hoof at her. “Nyx is a princess so an attack on her is an act of treason. You have got to stop imprisoning all threats to Equestria. Too many of them escape at some point and we can only hope the Elements have bearers. That is not a sound defense strategy which is why I'M the Princess of Defense for a reason. It's my job to ensure our security and I have had success there. Without the guards assigned to Twilight's castle a unicorn mare named Starlight Glimmer planned to use a modified time travel spell to go back and prevent the Sonic Rainboom because my Twilight ended her reign as a communist anti cutie mark pony.” They all looked disturbed.




“If she stopped the Rainboom. Then we would never meet.”




“And that would change history greatly. Luna would still be the original Nightmare Moon and likely won. And that is just one outcome. Then there was the Storm King. He attempted an invasion of Equestria wanting the powers of the alicorns. If I hadn't geared up the military and up the training he could have won instead of being defeated in the countryside. And look here. Nexus managed a coup with ease and if it wasn't for Nyx being raised by Twilight the country would still be under Nightmare Moon's rule. You left Equestria weak Celestia. While the country has prospered under your rule, relying on just diplomacy for protection is foalish. Up your military, I am willing to help as long as I am stuck here.”




“I will consider your words Selene. Till then we will work on easing concerns of your appearance. And I am glad you are not a threat to Nyx. She has suffered enough.” Celestia said.




“She is the closest thing I have to a counterpart. She is important to me and I gave up my cover to see her safe.” The sisters nodded and teleported. Looking at the girls I said.




“So, party?” Pinkie grinned and soon a party was underway and the girls got comfortable with me. Not too bad of a day.