• Published 18th Feb 2015
  • 13,378 Views, 713 Comments

Nightmare, Nightmare - Admiral Q Ponyform



Twilight's experiament gets out of control and Selene finds herself in another Equestria that has the LAST thing she ever expected to see.

  • ...
46
 713
 13,378

The Princess Daughter

Selene was reading in the sun with Twilight and Nyx playing nearby. Twilight was taking a break from her study of government work. She had my sympathies. I have the advantage of Luna's memories infused in me. It had been a week since they had returned from the Crystal Empire and it was nice and peaceful.




Which meant it was doomed to end in a bad way.









The next thing I knew as a yelp from Twilight and Nyx. I looked over at them and they were both down with darts in their sides. Before I could react, a griffon, a minotaur, and a unicorn showed up and grabbed Nyx and took off. I raced after them and as they reached the edge of Whitetail Woods her Mare- Do- Well clone engaged them but they were ready and the griffon stabbed her in the head with a dagger. The clone gave a short scream, collapsed, and turned to mist going towards me. It caused me to cry out and collapse. By the moon that hurts! It took me a few minutes to recover.




“Darling! By Equestria what happened to you?” I recognized Rarity's voice and she helped me up.




“Never mind me. Nyx has been kidnapped and I am going after them. Tell Twilight I will not return till I have Nyx with me.” I started heading out.




“Darling, shouldn't you wait for the rest of us?”




“No time.” I look over my shoulder at her. “I have some tricks up my sleeve that you girls haven't seen.” With that I galloped after the foal nippers.







It was hours later and one short flight over a gorge when I was going through some ruins when a green magic bolt cut across my path. I put up a shield and backed up as the unicorn from the group teleported in front of me. He drew a sword and said.




“My name is Inigo Montoya, prepare to die.”




'Just doesn't sound the same without you killing my father.' I thought and summoned my own blade. It had a blue handle with guards 8n the shape of crescent moons with my true cutie mark at the bottom of the handle. I dissipated my shield ready with my sword. He started the duel and after three exchanges of our swords I shifted my head as his blade swung by. We then circled each other before we exchanged more blows. That got the fight started in earnest with me losing ground.




“You are using Bonetti's Defense against me.” Inigo said.




“Figured the best form considering the terrain.” I replied. We continued to exchange blows.




Naturally, then you expect me to counter with Capoferro?”




“Naturally, however I find that Tipo Del counters Capoferro. Don't you?” I teleport to gain some distance.




“Unless your opponent studied Agrippa.” He teleports near me. “Which I have.” Our duel continued and I now had the advantage. Pushing him back. “I will admit you are better than me.” Confused, I asked him.




“Then why are you smiling?”




“Because I am not a unicorn.” With a flash of green flame I flinched back from it and before me was a changeling. He immediately went to the air and I was forced back to a collapsed wall.




“You are amazing.” I commented.




“Thank you.” He pressed his attack.




“However you should know one thing.”




And that is?”




I'm not a unicorn either.” I went to mist form and flowed under him before reforming my body now with wings. He was shocked to see an alicorn before him and I took advantage of it and the momentum was in my favor. To his credit he kept up a strong defense.




“Who are you.”




"No pony of consequence.”




“I must know.”




“Be used to disappointment.” The duel moved on with strikes and parries becoming more desperate. Finally with a nice clever maneuver I disarmed him and he collapsed exhausted. “You fought well Inigo. So I will tell you who I am.” I got close to his head. “I am Nightmare Moon.” With that I slit his throat. He soon died and a threat eliminated I continued my pursuit while hiding







I was on a hill with multiple rocks and boulders. I went through cautiously. Good thing too since a rock shattered against a nearby boulder. Shields up! I saw the minotaur pick up another rock the size of my head. “That was on purpose. I didn't need to miss.”




“I believe you, so what happens now?”




“We fight as nature intended, with our fists and hooves. No magic or weapons.”




“So batter each other like civilized beings?”




“I could kill you now.” He lifted the rock.




“Okay, will fight like you want even with your advantage.”




"Can't help my kind bigger than yours. I don't even exercise.” He casually tossed the rock away. I dash forward, did a spin and buck him in the right spot. A high pitch scream came from him as he fell to his knees holding his family jewels. I turned again and thrusted my horn, now full size through his head. He died instantly and I teleported away.




“Sorry but a filly's life is more important than an honorable fight with you.” I raced on.







Another hour passed by and I caught up with the griffon. He had set up a meal using a stump as a table. He had a blade at Nyx's throat. I recognized the blade as the same one that killed her clone. Her magic was still recovering from that. Nyx seemed fine, blindfolded and scared but fine.




“That's close enough pony.” I stopped. “Now why have you followed us? Surely you want this little monster gone?”




“No, she is important to me and my friends.”




“Then we are at an impasse. I can't match your strength and skill. You can't match my intellect.”




“You're that smart?”




“Heard of Clover the Clever, Starswirl the Bearded, Twilight Sparkle?”




“Of course.”




“Morons.”




“Oh really? Well then I challenge you to a battle of wits.”




"For the filly?” I nodded. “To the death?” I nodded again. “Then I accept.” He put the dagger down.




“Pour that wine of yours.” He did so as I took a seat opposite of him on the table. When done I summoned a vial and undo the top. “Smell this but do not touch.” He took the vial and sniffed.




“I don't smell anything.”




“Exactly, it's called iocane powder. It's odorless, tasteless, dissolves quickly in liquids, and among the most deadly poisons known to Equestria.” The griffon looked impressed. I took the two glasses of wine and the vial and created a veil so he couldn't see my moves. I poured the powder into both glasses. I removed the veil and spun the glasses without spilling and set them on the table. “The battle of wits has begun. You figure out where the poison is and we drink. Them we'll see who is alive, and who is dead.”




“It's so simple. I will judge it based on what I know of you. Now a smart being would put it in their wine knowing a fool would reach for what he is given. I am no fool so I can't choose the wine in front of you. But you know I am no fool and would have counted on it so I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me.”




“So you made your choice?”




“Not even remotely. Because iocane comes from Freeport and Freeport is known to be full of thieves and crooks and they are not trusting folks and since we can't trust each other I clearly can't chose the wine in front of you.” Wow just wow at this guy's thought process.




“You have a very dizzying intellect.”




“I haven't even gotten started yet! Now where was I?”




“Freeport.”




“Yes, Freeport. You must have expected that I would know the powder's origin, so clearly I can't chose the wine in front of me.”




“You're stalling.” I said with a smile. This was getting entertaining.




"You like to think I'm stalling!” well there goes his cool. “You've beaten my minotaur which means you are strong for a unicorn and you are relying on that strength to survive the poison so I clearly can't choose the wine infront of you. But you also beaten my changeling which means you studied and know of your mortality and instinctively want it as far away from you as possible so I clearly can't chose the wine in front of me.”




“You are trying to get me to reveal something. It won't work.”




“It has work, you've given everything away! I know where the poison is.”




“Then make your choice.”




“I have and I choose…..what in Equestria is that!?” He pointed at something behind me. I went and looked and smiled knowing what he was doing. I turned back.




“I didn't see anything.”




“Could have swore I saw something. Well I will drink from my glass and you yours.” We took our drinks and drank them. When done I smiled at him.




“You chose wrong.”




“You only think I chose wrong! I switched our drinks. You fell for one of the classic blunders! The first is going to war against the princesses. The second is to never go against a griffon strategist when death is on the line! Hahahahaha!.........” He paused in mid laugh then fell over on his side, dead. I went over and unbound Nyx.




“You okay Nyx?”




“Am now Selene.” She looked at the griffon's body. “The whole time it was your glass that was poisoned.”




“Nope, both were poisoned. My condition leaves me immune to poisons. Now let's get out of here. Your mom must be worried sick.”




“Mmmmhhhh.” We started walking back when a voice called out.




“Not so fast monster.” We both looked back and saw several ponies in armor. Some in Royal Guard armor but most in a different style and with Prince Blueblood at it's head.




“You are behind this Blueblood?”




“That's PRINCE Blueblood to you peasant!” He sneered at us. “And yes I am. That monster needs to go and is in the way of our plans, so she doesn't return home alive. And now neither will you.” I closed my eyes and sighed.




“You foal, always looking for power. Thinking yourself better than others. You fear Nightmare Moon? Well you focused on the wrong Nightmare.” I opened my eyes to reveal dragonic eyes.