• Published 17th Feb 2015
  • 1,596 Views, 28 Comments

Turnabout Bully - Paradox Theory



When Applebloom is accused of murder, it's up to Rarity to clear her name!

  • ...
2
 28
 1,596

Day One: Investigation

August 2, 7:30 Am
Rich Manor Entrance

Applejack and I made our way to the crime scene, but we suddenly halted when somebody shouted.




"I thought I told ya to stay out of this pal." Silver Wing growled.

"Will this help?" I asked, flashing my badge to the detective.

"Now why'd you go and do that pal?" Silver sighed, "But now that your an official Lawyer, I guess I can answer some questions."

"All right then, " I said, "How did the victim die?"

Silver brought out a pamphlet, "This is the autopsy report. It states that Diamond Tiara died of blunt force trauma at 9:00 sharp."

"Wow, that's accurate," I said in surprise, "How did you know the time?"

"That's when the father got home." The detective sighed, "And Applebloom was on the crime scene."

"Do you know what the murder weapon is?" I asked him.

"Yes," The Detective assured, "It's a Candelabra."

"May I and my Co-Council take a look around the crime scene?'

Silver nodded, "Yeah, it's just in the entrance Hallway."

"Come along Applejack, clues await us!" I squeed, feeling the excitement of this whole thing get to me.


August 2, 7:40 AM
Rich Manor Entryway

"We don't have much time, so let's look for clues." I told Applejack.

We scanned the area for an eternity, when finally we found something, a note.

"Rich Manor, 9:00 Sharp, don't be late. S." I read aloud. Whatever it was, I stuffed it into my saddle bag, it was a clue.

"Did you find anything Applejack dear?" I asked Applejack, who was on the other side of the hall way.

"Yeah, it's this here window, it's all busted." Applejack looked down, "And Silver-Grey fur."

The only other thing I noticed was that there were only two ways out of the entryway, the front door and the door into the main area.

"Well, let's get going." I announced at last.

"Who are you and how did you get inside my house?!" A new deep voice asked. I turned around to face Filthy Rich. Diamond Tiara's brown coated father.

"Sorry Mr. Rich, but I'm a lawyer now, and I'm defending Applebloom today." I explained.

"I thought I told that noodle slurping Pegasus not to allow any of you or your friends on this case." Filthy sneered.

"Would you like to take it up with Princess Twilight?" I asked him.

Filthy jumped back, "All right, you win!" He said.

"Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" I asked him.

"I do mind, as a matter of fact!" Filthy all but yelled, "I'm the witness."

Curses, he's under oath. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Rich." I told him.

"Now go away!" He hissed, walking inside his home.

I turned to Applejack, "I want to head back to the detention center one more time. There's something I've been meaning to ask Applebloom."

Applejack simply nodded.


August 2, 8:00
Detention Center
Visitor's Room One

"Did ya find anything useful?" Applebloom asked me as soon as she saw me.

"Applebloom, honey, I have to say that I didn't." I told her.

"Aww." She sighed.

"But I do have a question for you."

"Yes?" Applebloom wimpered.

"What were you doing on the crime scene?"

"I-I was there to see Mr. Rich." Applebloom said hesitantly.

"Somehow, I don't believe you." I made the mistake of saying.

"Why would Filthy need to see ya Applebloom?" Applejack asked after smacking me.

"Because he wanted to talk about Diamond bullying me." Applebloom said.

"She was bullying you?!" Applejack asked in disgrace, "Why didn't you tell me?!"

Applebloom glared at Applejack, "Because ah did and ya still ignored me!"

I still don't believe you, but way to set up a motive. "Applebloom, I don't think that was the reason." I told her.

"Oh yeah, and what reason do you think I went?" Applebloom asked me with a glare.

"You went because,

you got this note." I said as a presented the note.

"Oh yeah? Prove that I got it!" Applebloom challenged me.

I smiled, "Because it said A."

Applebloom scoffed, "No, it said S." she then gasped.

"Now, be honest." I told her.

"All right. It was the note, I thought it was Sweetie or Scoots who sent it." Applebloom confessed, "I thought we were just going to prank her. Honest."

"Now I believe you." I smiled at her. "From now on, be honest, it can save you."

"Ah promise Rarity."

I turned to Applejack. "Well, I guess we have to prepare for the trial now."

"At least we have clues now." Applejack replied.


Author's Note:

Rarity's Records:

Profiles:

Rarity: Resident of Ponyville, now is Applebloom's attorney.
Applejack: Good friend of Rarity and Applebloom's older sister.
Applebloom: A yellow earth pony filly, accused of murdering Diamond.
Diamond Tiara: Heir to the Rich Family Fortune.
Twilight Sparkle: Equestria's newest Princess. Former Student of Celestia.
Silver Wing: A Detective, and the head of the investigation on this case.
Pinkie Pie: Another one of Rarity's friends.
Filthy Rich: The father of Diamond, and a witness.

Evidence:
Attorney's Badge: With this, Rarity can defend anypony as a defense attorney.
Autopsy report: Victim died at 9;00 sharp due to blunt trauma.
Candelabra: The Murder Weapon.
Note: A note for Applebloom, uncertain who wrote it.
Silver-grey fur: Found at the crime scene near a broken window.
Broken Glass shards: Remains of a Window near the Crime Scene.