• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 468 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Psionic - Wings of Freedom - SilverPony98



After a ten thousand year war, a champion is said to be reborn. And it's a colt!

  • ...
6
 2
 468

Chapter 2: New Mare and Nightmares

Author's Note:

Hello everypony, here's a few things I have to point out about Steven.

Steven can't always depend on his powers (unlike alicorns and unicorns). Steven's fighting style is a mix of Muay Thai and Krabi - Krabong combined, he can also use psi (elemental) weapons as you'll soon see in future chapters.


If you have any questions to ask, I'd be glad to answer them! :pinkiehappy:


I worked hard on this chapter, I hope you enjoy reading it! :twilightsmile:

It is already morning as I sat on the porch, the cool breeze blowing my bangs away from my sightless eyes. The sun hasn't gone up yet, and here I am enjoying the start of a new day. I sensed a familiar aura approaching me and this time, I'm prepared.

"Good morning, Apple Bloom." I said calmly, smirking as I heard the filly squeak in surprise.

"Aw, how did you know?" Apple Bloom asked as she sat down next to me.

I just smiled at her and she playfully punched me in the shoulder. "You just let it happen on purpose huh?" I nodded, causing my cousin to giggle, but she soon gave me a serious look.

"We still have unfinished business, Steve-O." Apple Bloom said, a smirk appearing on her face. "And this time, I'm gonna win!" She boasted as she stood up, I glared up at her before smiling.

"Then let's settle this in the barn, but this time, no powers allowed." I said firmly.

Standing up, I adjusted my blindfold on my forehead while Apple Bloom rushed ahead of me and inside the barn.

As soon as I entered, Apple Bloom threw two sticks towards me as I caught them. Apple Bloom swiftly approached me, crouched over as I did the same, twirling the sticks in my hands as I blocked the first blow.

"Do your worst, Bloom. We'll see who wins this time." I taunted.

Apple Bloom and I traded blows, the sounds of sticks clashing ringing in the air. I'm surprised Apple Bloom managed to block and dodge my combos. This didn't last long however, as she tried to dodge my attack and lost her balance, falling and dropping her weapons in the process.

Apple Bloom looked up at me as I pointed my stick in her face.

"Game Over." I said with a smirk.

I dropped the sticks to the ground and hugged my cousin.

"We should do this more often, Bloom." I said, making Apple Bloom smile as I helped her get up.

We were startled by somepony clapping in the doorway.

"Fancy fighting ya got there, Steve." Applejack said, smiling as she approached us.

"Sis!" Apple Bloom exclaimed as she rushed over to Applejack and hugged her while I dusted my hands off and covered my eyes with the blindfold.

"Hello, Applejack. What brings you here?" I inquired.

"There's this mare an' a purple dragon fella, said she's here to check on the food for the Sun Celebration." Applejack replied, giving me a look. "Wanna come an' join us for dinner?"

A mare and a purple dragon? They both sound familiar...

"Sure thing, where are they now?" I asked.

One minute later...

I was surprised that time moved so fast, it was morning and it's almost afternoon! How long was Apple Bloom and I in there? I must've lost track of time during our 'unfinished business'.

We entered the orchard, my relatives are there and the two visitors as well. I immediately recognize them, there was my pen pal, Spike!

"Spike, nice to meet you in person." I said happily, approaching the surprised dragon and mare.

"Steven! How's it going, buddy?" Spike asked, as he gave me a fistbump.

"I'm doing fine, it's been a long time when we last wrote to each other." I replied.

Spike and I talked about some things, sharing our life stories and recent events. After our conversation, Spike gestured to the mare beside him.

"Steven, meet Twilight!" Spike said as I turned my attention to the mare.

"Hello, I'm Steven, Spike's pen pal. Nice to meet you as well." I said as I shook the mare's hand. I suddenly remember Spike mentioning about her in our letters before.

"Nice to see you too, Steven." Twilight said, smiling politely. Spike might've told her about my condition. Like I told Spike before, magic can't fix everything.

I conversed with the two for a while and chuckled when they mentioned running into a certain pink mare on the way here.

"I take it that you've met my aunt Pinkie Pie already?" I asked.

Both dragon and mare nodded.

"She's always like that, you'll eventually get used to her." I said.

After sharing a few more words, Twilight apologized and said that she and Spike had to get going, I shook Spike's hand and bid them farewell as they left. That mare seems to be in a rush for some reason, but it's not for the celebration. I wonder what it was that's bothering her.

"Hey, Steve... you're starting to sound a bit like Rarity when you talk." Apple Bloom said, making me snicker.

"Yeah, somehow that mare is starting to rub off on me." I said, rubbing the back of my head.

At sundown....

Apple Bloom went out crusading with her friends while Applejack and the others had gone off to the Celebration. I decided to stay in the farm and meditate, Big Mac and Ms. Smith were okay with my decision. Applejack was concerned for my safety and made Winona stay with me while she and the family are away.

I meditated under an apple tree, my blindfold slung over my shoulder. Winona walked around the orchard for a while, eating some apples that fell down and checking on me. After a while, the collie nestled down and took a short nap beside me.

It was already nighttime as the moon shined brightly in the night sky. But it felt strange, the moon felt like it carried some kind of... evil in it.

"Hm?" I raised an eyebrow as I felt it, it was... Dark Energy. Winona suddenly woke up and began growling and barking at the moon, getting close to me as she whimpered.

I put my arm around Winona and shushed her, stroking her head and back. The collie eventually calmed down and nuzzled me as I nuzzled back.

I began focusing on where the dark energy is coming from and found it... in the Everfree forest.

'What kind of aura is this?' I thought to myself.

While I was searching for the source, I suddenly sensed the familiar auras of Applejack and her friends in the Everfree forest. They were in danger! What the hell are they doing in there?!

I began focusing on all my psi energy to help them.

Five minutes later...

I kept on protecting the girls from danger, I'm glad they're finally putting their ancestor's abilities to good use. I have faith in these girls, especially Twilight, she knows what she's doing.

Whatever evil is trying to harm them has failed. But why are the girls in the Everfree forest?

I rested against the tree and petted Winona. Everything will be fine for now - I turned my attention to the dark cloud that zipped by, swirling around for a moment before morphing into a group of ponies dressed in black armor. And they look really pissed off.

"Can I help you?" I asked boldly, knowing their intentions.

"The mistress is displeased with your meddling, little colt." one of them said.

"You must join us, little one." one mare said sultrily as she approached me. Winona growled as the mare circled around me while I glared defiantly at the group of shadows.

"The mistress can fulfill your every wish and desire." the mare said, stopping in front of me and stroked my cheek with her thumb. I glared at the mare as she tempted me.

"She can also give you... pleasure." the mare purred, before pressing her lips against mine. I recoiled in disgust, pushing her away as she growled angrily.

"I'll never join you!" I spat, Winona barked and stood beside me.

"Very well then, colt. I hope your family is ready for a funeral!" one stallion growled, as he and the others unsheathed their swords.

"Power of Zen." I said to myself, putting my hands together in a praying motion as the shadows charged at me. My eyes shot open as they glowed with intense power.

"Phạn mụ̄x!" I shouted, throwing my hands forward as a thousand golden beams shot out and instantly turned the shadows into vapor, I could've sworn I heard a scream in the distance.

How did I do that? What did I - no, I shook my head, Applejack and the girls are in great danger and I must help them no matter what!

I readjusted my blindfold and told Winona to watch over the farm and make sure Apple Bloom is safe when she comes back. With that said and done, I sprinted a few feet, jumped into the air and flew towards the Everfree forest.

What I didn't notice as I flew through the night sky... is the appendages that I've always wished for when I was little... Wings. I soared like an angel in the sky as the moon shined down upon me.

I can't let anything bad happen to Applejack and the girls, Twilight as well. I can sense the source of dark power coming from within an abandoned castle in the distance, and it's not a good aura... It was an Alicorn's!

With a powerful burst of speed, I prepared to teleport into the castle. And face whatever is the cause of this dark energy.

'Hang on girls, I'm coming!'