• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 475 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Psionic - Wings of Freedom - SilverPony98



After a ten thousand year war, a champion is said to be reborn. And it's a colt!

  • ...
6
 2
 475

Chapter 1: These Powers of Mine...

I placed the old book on the nightstand before resting on my bed. Some parts of this book sounded a bit exaggerated, but familiar. I didn't know what made me say it, but it felt like I was there before. I shook my head before letting sleep come over me.

Since the day I was born, I had both a sixth and seventh sense, together with strange powers. But I was born without sight and had to wear a blindfold to keep my eyes protected, mostly hidden so no one notices them glowing.

I had been training with my powers when I was little, but I had to train in secret. My family cared for me and feared Princess Celestia taking me away.

My dad's mother, Granny Smith offered to let me stay with her and her family in Sweet Apple Acres, that means I get to see my cousin Apple Bloom again! And more time to improve my abilities. That means I can train all I want without worrying about some ponies seeing me.

My parents were okay with me staying with the Apple family, as long as I drop by to visit them often. When I first entered Sweet Apple Acres, I swear to the gods I could feel too much energy coming from the trees! Another advantage that I have is passive feeding, but I still need to rehydrate at times, if not, I have other ways to do so.

My cousin Applejack was very happy to see me and helped me get settled in, I explored around the house and met Granny Smith and my uncle Big Mac. After a while, I bumped into my cousin Apple Bloom and she immediately glomped me in response.

"Hey cuz! what brings you here?" Apple Bloom asked after freeing me.

"My parents are okay with me staying here, since I can take care of myself," I shrugged. "plus, I don't have to worry about anypony seeing me."

Apple Bloom and I chatted for a while, catching up on recent events. She gave me a hug before going to her room. I entered my new room and layed on the bed, letting my mind wander for a while before letting sleep take me.

The next day, Apple Bloom introduced me to her friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. At first they were both shocked that I was blind, I told them that I didn't need sight since I was born with both a sixth and seventh sense. They didn't understand what I meant when I told them I have a third eye, it's the white diamond on my forehead that lets me 'see' like a normal person... pony.

The girls and I talked for a while and I decided to show them some of my abilities. The girls stood near the barn while I looked for some boulders and stacked them near the barn wall. I placed one good sized boulder in front of me and rubbed my hands, the girls watching in curiosity.

I then focused on all my psi energy, putting power into my fist before bringing it down on the boulder, shattering it and sending a shower of pebbles everywhere. Apple Bloom cheered along with the girls after seeing I didn't injure myself.

"That was so cool!" Scootaloo exclaimed as she approached me. "How did you do that? I wanna try!" To my shock, Scootaloo brought her fist down on a boulder and cried out in pain.

"Scootaloo!" both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle screamed, rushing beside her.

"Owww... it hurts...." Scootaloo moaned, nursing her bleeding hand as both her friends winced when they saw some bone showing. I instinctively approached Scootaloo and gently held her hand in mine.

"Shhh, let me help you, Scootaloo." I said softly as I comforted the blushing filly. My hands began to glow with golden energy, immediately healing Scootaloo's hand. "There, all better now." I said as Scootaloo examined her hand in amazement.

"H - how did you do that?" Sweetie Belle asked in astonishment.

"It's old earth pony magic." I replied, smiling in Apple Bloom's direction.

Three weeks later....

I was just getting dressed in my room as Apple Bloom and her friends chatted downstairs. I had a devious idea after putting my blindfold on, I've decided to prank Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, except Scootaloo. That girl is very fun to be around with.

As I made my way downstairs into the living room, I made electricity race around my hands and approached Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. "Hey girls, look what I got for you." I said, my hands buzzing with electricity.

"Aaagh!" both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle screamed before running upstairs and hiding in Apple Bloom's room.

Scootaloo laughed with me as we heard Apple Bloom lock the bedroom door.

"Hey Scoots, wanna help me out here?" I asked. Scootaloo nodded before giggling. I gave her an evil smirk before slowly approaching the stairs. "Oh, only two left? Then the fun has been doubled!" I declared, laughing maniacally as I stood in front of Apple Bloom's room, doing a small dance while flailing my electrified hands around.

"Hahahaha! I got them now!" I boasted. Apple Bloom slowly peeked through the door and shrieked before slamming it shut, making me smile crazily.

"Oh Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, I've got something for both of you." I sang teasingly, knocking on the door.

"Go away!" both terrified fillies screamed. I gave the door handle a few rattles, and pounded on the door for a dramatic effect, smiling as I felt the fillies inside jump.

"Okay, I'm going!" I sang, giving Scootaloo a thumbs up, laughing as I hid beside the door.

"Scootaloo, where is he?" Apple Bloom yelled. I made shushing motions and some funny gestures, making Scootaloo snicker.

Scootaloo gave me a wink before replying. "He's in the kitchen!"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were hesitant and slowly emerged from the door, looking left and right... "Boo!" I shouted, startling both fillies, causing them to scream and run down the stairs as I chased after them with my electrified hands while laughing crazily.

Scootaloo made a wild grab for Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, but both fillies managed to dodge her as they ran pass. "Get back here!" Scootaloo giggled while giving chase.

After a few minutes of laughing, screaming and chasing each other around the house, me and the girls were sprawled on the floor of the living room still giggling. But our fun was cut short as the girls said they had to go to school today.

Apple Bloom gave me a hug before joining her friends as they walked down the road to school. "Bye girls, I'll see you soon!" I called after them, waving as they waved back. I slowly shut the door and went back into the living room.

Granny Smith and Big Mac are out to town for business, thanks to me 'accidentally' reversing her body clock to twenty years, and Applejack has a meeting with her friends. I remember meeting them a week ago. There was my aunt Pinkie Pie again, Fluttershy, aunt Rainbow Dash, and Sweetie Belle's big sister, Rarity.

It was funny when I showed them I can fly, I forgot to mention that I've been practicing telekinetic and aerokinetic flight when I still lived in Ponyville with my parents. Aunt Rainbow Dash challenged me to a race, I accepted.

During the first lap I began to fly at light speed and passed her a hundred times before stopping. Her expression was enough to make Buddha himself laugh his ass off!

Who was that? and where did that name come from?

I sat on the living room couch, and began meditating. While in my meditative state I thought about the book I read earlier, where is that other side? And why am I saying these unfamiliar words? Why would Celestia be after me if she found out? And Apollyon, why does that name sound so familiar? These questions began to cloud my mind, causing me to snap out of my meditative state.

I sighed as I got off the couch and decided to go outside for a walk. I made sure to lock the house before going into Ponyville, not before nuzzling and saying bye to Winona, Applejack's dog. While I was there, I stopped by to check on my parents. After chatting with them, I hugged them and promised to visit again.

While I was walking around town, I saw a mare and a colt entering a house. They must be new here since I can tell by their unfamiliar auras, so I decided to welcome them since aunt Pinkie Pie is with her friends at the moment, I wonder if she already threw a welcoming party for them.

"Hello." I said, approaching the two. The mare turned around and looked at me in surprise.

"Hello, my name is Steven." I said, holding my hand out.

"Hello there, I'm Milano Mash," The mare said, shaking my hand. "and this is my son, Button." I turned my attention to the colt.

"Why are you wearing a blindfold?" the colt asked, his mother giving him a look.

"I'm blind." I stated. To prove it, I removed my blindfold and showed them my eyes. The mare gasped while the colt winced. "It's okay, I've developed a new way of seeing." I assured them, readjusting my blindfold.

"Sorry for asking, my name is Button Mash." the colt said as I shook his hand.

"Steven." I said with an assuring smile.

"Well Steven, do you want to come in?" Ms. Mash asked with a kind smile.

"Sure, I'd love to." I said and followed Button inside. I spent time talking and playing some video games with Button, he was surprised that I can still play despite my blindness.

After a few hours of playing, I asked Button if he could visit Sweet Apple Acres. "Sure thing, I'm up for that!" Button said with his eyes still glued to the screen.

After leaving Button to his games, I decided to talk to his mom for a while. She was sitting on the living room couch and I can sense an aura of worry within her.

"Ms. Mash, is there something wrong?" I inquired as I sat down next to her, the mare jumped at my sudden appearance.

"Oh no, I'm just worried about Button. He's always playing on his games so much, what if he... " I shushed her and patted her hand.

"Don't worry, I can help him. You have my word." I was surprised as the mare embraced me.

"Thank you, you're such a kind colt." Ms. Mash said, making me blush.

I hugged the mare back before standing up. We both talked for a while and agreed to help Button from his game addiction.

"Goodbye, Ms. Mash, See you soon!" I called, waving over my shoulder as the mare waved back.

It is already afternoon as I made my way back to the house. I gave Winona a small nuzzle before approaching the porch. As soon as I opened the door, I was immediately glomped by Apple Bloom again.

When I entered the living room, I saw a happy Granny Smith now Ms. Smith, standing next to a surprised Applejack.

"Steven, what the heck did you do to Granny Smith?!" Applejack demanded. Oh crap, I forgot! I mentally facepalmed - I mean - hoofed, ah... forget it!

After explaining some things, everybody settled down and went their way. Granny Smith was surprisingly okay with being young again, I just hope she doesn't bring any 'friends' over at night.

Taking off my blindfold and placing it on the nightstand, I lied on my bed and wondered what tomorrow has to offer me....

Author's Note:

I don't own MLP, just Steven. Steven is from an old anime project I abandoned years ago. Here's the theme song though: