• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 2,027 Views, 31 Comments

What sets us apart from the rest - zalla661



In an alternate world, where pokemon live among ponies an eevee confronts Silver Spoon and Daimond Tiara about their bullying the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
5
 31
 2,027

What sets us Apart from the Rest Part 1

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update people, but i had to think long and hard bout this one. Hope you enjoy!

"Oh the train ride was dreadful!" The pony known as Starlight responded whinnying. 'It was over an hour late and then they had the nerve to delay us longer! And I left six hours early!"

Charlie quirked his eye brow. "You overslept again didn't you?"

"... Yeah, I did." she sighed looking away ashamed. The class laughed but she smiled and continued on. "But that didn't stop me from coming to help educate the young minds of Ponyville!"

"Starlight." Charlie said with a warning tone, giving her a cross look.

"Don't worry Charlie! I'm not here to spread my 'Equality Equestria", thing." she turned and growled. "Princess Twilight Sparkle has me on a short leash as it is."

The brown pokemon rolled his eyes at his fried. Next to her Trixie came and greeted her purple friend with a big hug.

"Oh, Trixie it's so good to see you again!" Starlight greeted happily.

"Good to see you too Starlight. So finally out of prison I see?"

"Psh. Watch it Trixie or I'll equalize you." Starlight said sinister.

Trixie stared at the mare with a deadpan look before they both fell into a fit of giggles. Most of the children just laughed and Cheerilee giggled at the two grown mares acting like children. Suddenly Starlight clapped her hooves getting everyones attention.

"Now class let's settle down." she instructed walking over to the board.

Everyone settled down and listened to the new instructor making Cheerilee beam with pride.

"Ahem. Good afternoon class, I am Starlight Glimmer. Former mayor of Our Town and Leader of the Equalist Movement of Equestria." she stated loud and proudly pacing in front of the first row of desks. "Now, I would like to start by asking you class what is it that makes us special?"

She turned to look at the class all giving her confused looks.

"Come on class the only bad idea is the one that isn't shared." she smiled at them reassuringly.

Trixie huffed leaning into Cheerilee's desk. "Not if it comes from those two." she rude gestured to Snips and Snails.

The mulberry pony giggled to herself and nodded knowingly at her.

"I understand your frustrations Trixie, but be nice to my students please." she asked nicely to her unicorn friend.

The showmare huffed standing back and Charlie walked up to her and nuzzled her. She blushed nudging him back affectionately but still not taking her eyes off Starlight Glimmer.

The purple unicorn walked up to Ember, the pony pokemon who was still sitting beside her filly friend Silver Spoon. The flame pony looked down but felt her chin being raised gently by a hoof. She met Starlight's gaze and was entranced by her beauty. She's so pretty. Ember thought but the she felt a dark presence from beside her. Daring to look she saw Silver Spoon glaring at her. Her pencil in hoof snapped as she gritted her teeth at Ember.

While Ember twitched nervously at her desk from the intense glare Starlight took the initative to begin her conversation.

"Now class what makes us special? Well, since no one answered I guess it's up to me to educate your young minds, starting with this." she reached into her saddle bag and magically pulled out her signature stick/staff in her aura. She then looked over to Trixie who looked very nervous. "Trixie can I ask for your help in a small demonstration?"

As soon as the question left her mouth an angry voice growled from the doorway.

"Starlight."

Everyone turned to see Princess Twilight Sparkle at the doorway glaring at her purple counterpart. Starlight rolled her eyes placing the stick down and leaning on it while listening to the Princess.

"I thought you changed?" Twilight asked disappointed.

That comment hurt Starlight. She understood not being trusted and she'd have to earn Twilight's trust but it had to start somewhere. Pushing off her staff/stick she walked over to the purple princess with a stern look.

"I promised I wouldn't do that anymore without permission and only this once for educational value. If you want YOU can perform the spell no me." she said giving the purple unicorn a seductive look wiggling her flank in her face. Twilight blushed looking away angrily but cracked a smile none the less.

She then walked in with her nose up and sat among the ponies and pokemon flanked by her royal guards. Several of the pokemon were in awe of her while the ponies were more or less use to it, most of the pokemon were transfers. Twilight shook her hoof daintily gesturing for Starlight to continue.

"Trixie," Twilight stated. "For past crimes against Ponyville I hereby sentence you to suffer through this lesson without your cutie mark. Star, proceed."

"Thank you Princess." Starlight grinned walking up to Trixie who was backing away nervously.

"WHAT?! WHY'S TRIXIE GETTING PUNISHED?!"

"She's getting it back after. Got it Starlight?" Twilight asked ignoring Trixie's protests.

"Ugh, yes mom." she groaned.

All the young ones laughed at the grown mare talking to a Princesses like she was a child. Even Cheeirlee found herself stifling a chuckle at the two ponies. She then felt kind of bad for Trixie. She had tried so hard to fit in and only to have this brought on her, but she knew there was no animosity between the three mares.

Trixie sighed sitting down and awaited her, punishment.

"I'm so getting you back for this Sparkle butt." she growled at the Princess, who waved innocently at her.

"Aw, come on Trixie be nice." Charlie said nuzzling her.

The blue mare stuck her nose up from him but pulled him closer with her magic and wrapped her arm around him blushing. The class d'awwed at them making Charlie cover his eyes as his sisters snickered at him. With the exception of Tiffany who gave a look of disgust. Sally of course nudge her larger sister in the side with her elbow.

Starlight's horn lit and was channeled through the staff she held in hoof. She stood on her hind legs and pointed it at Trixie's flank making her cutie mark glow in unnatural blue light. Seconds later the cutie mark pried off Trixie's body. Once it separated a bright flash of white light followed blinding everyone in the room. Once the light cleared Trixie lay on Charlies shoulder exhausted while her cutie mark floated, suspended by Starlight's magic.

Everyone gasped at the sight.

Cheeirlee fell back in her chair nearly fainting from the sight of having her friends cutie mark ripped from her. Willing or not it seemed so unnatural. Even the pokemon children understood the significance of this, but Twilight smiled. To Starlight this wasn't about power or equality it was about trust.

Trust in a friend is fundamental for growth, and both Trixie and Starlight excelled at it. It made the Princess smiled proudly at how much they had both grown as ponies in the last few years. Especially Trixie. After she met Charlie her life had turned for the better, but that was a tale for another day.

Starlight placed the cutie mark in a small glass jar and placed it on the teachers desk gently as if ti would shatter from the slightest touch. She then turned to her friend who was glaring at her and the Princess.

"How are you feeling Trixie?" she asked her fellow unicorn.

But all she got was a dirty look that made her cringe. Charlie frowned at her nudging her. She rolled her eyes and looked back to Starlight.

"Trixie feels like trash."

"I'm sorry Trixie." Starlight responded hugging her.

"Sure you are."

"Trixie." Charlie scolded her.

"Fine. Trixie's sorry she knows you don't mean to steal her mark or anything. It just sucks having it removed."

"I know Trixie. It sucks but next time you can do it to me." she offered.

Trixie thought about it, the words echoing in her head. She thought about the day she'd rip her friends cutie mark off to get back at her for the times she took it off her. Trixie grinned at her internal fantasy while Starlight continued her lecture while Charlie led Trixie to sit beside Twilight.

"Now class. You all know about cutie marks right?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good. Now you all know about pokemon evolution right?"

Again everyone nodded.

"OK, so keeping that in mind I have a very unique question for you. What is a pony without their cutie mark?"

This time nopony answered, but Twilight and Trixie knew. They had experienced first hand what it was like. It left them drained and feeling utterly powerless. It left them at he mercy of anything that came by like a leaf to the winds. It couldn't command them, so the leaf would fly around at the whims of the wind.

Starlight also understood this but that wasn't the answer she sought, even though many had said so in the past.

She stood before the class watching as they looked among themselves for the answer but found a small hoof up in the air. It was attached to Sweetie Belle who looked nervously at the instructor.

"Yes, young filly?" Starlight pointed to the white filly. "No need to be shy, tell me your name."

"I'm Sweetie Belle." she said standing up at her desk.

"Nice to meet you Sweetie Belle. Now what do you think a pony is without their cutie mark?"

Thinking for moment Sweetie glanced over to Silver Spoon and Ember who were huddled together then back to Starlight.

"It doesn't change who were are." she said.

Starlight grinned while the rest of the class gawked at her like she was insane, especially her CMC friends. The answer surprised Twilight and Trixie but was not surprising to Charlie who nodded to her approvingly. Moments later, Starlight worked her way to Sweetie Belles desk and stood beside her patting her mane gently.

"That's very good Sweetie. And your right it doesn't change who we are. Sure it can change how we precieve life, but that is for an individual to decide on their own." she sat on the ground beside her. "A cutie mark is nothing more than just that. A mark in the end. Yes, a pony without a mark is an odd thing in our society but what does it really matter in the end? It doesn't change who we are."

She then turned to Twilight and Trixie who were listening intently.

"A few years ago Twilight and her friends found a small town I ran that had identical cutie marks on everypony there." Starlight sighed. "Back then I use to be like so many others. I saw the world differently. Cutie mark or not it doesn't change who we are. Ponies are all equal on that front."