• Published 17th Feb 2015
  • 34,889 Views, 2,438 Comments

Love....SERIOUSLY!? - Admiral Q Ponyform

  • ...
164
 2,438
 34,889

Night Affairs Part 3

The next day I was making eggs and haybacon in my kitchenette since they stocked it while I was out in the city the yesterday. Soon my room was fill with lovely smells and after pouring some chocolate milk she went to the table, poured salt on my scrambled eggs and then began eating. The haybacon tasted different. Still tasty, but different. As I ate there was knock on the door and I heard my aunt's voice. “Cadance, may I come in?”

“Of course Aunt Luna.” The door opened and my aunt came in, looking like she did from season two onward. “Aunty, what happened to you?” I had to keep up the lie that I have never seen her like this.

“With the help of the archives, I have regain my full magic power. The Elements had stripped me of most of it to restore my sanity.”

“Well, you look good.” I commented and…Luna blushed. She then saw me bite into a piece of haybacon.

“Niece what are you eating?” Confused I replied.

"Haybacon."

“Umm, that isn't haybacon but actual bacon.” She said sheepishly. I paused as I processed that. It did taste like bacon, that was the difference I tasted. It was actual meat.





“How?” I asked.

“Thestrals require protein so they have meat in their diet.”

“But it tastes so good. Will I get sick?” I asked.

“Oh no, all ponies can eat meat. It just became common to be vegetarian. I eat meat all the time.” I thought for a bit. I have denied myself meat when I didn't have to. Well no more. I finished the bacon.

“So what is the plan for today?” I asked, eating some eggs.

“Well I plan to have court and I want you there. After that you can do what you want.”

“Sounds good.” I finished my breakfast and washed the dishes and put on my regalia and followed Luna to the throne room. Luna sat on the throne and I took her right side, Silent took the left. Soon court began and I silently observed the process. The thestrals had more sane requests then seen in Canterlot. I looked at Luna and she was smiling. She was having fun in this court. But sadly it was bound to happen. A petitioner requested my removal from the city. Luna frown and got up. And the room suddenly got colder.

“Let me make this clear. She is my beloved niece. I love her dearly and I will never cast her out. You have become the very thing the ponies of the past have done to you. I am ashamed of you. Get out of my sight before I would do something I might regret.” The thestrals scampered away and a minute after they had left I saw Luna release her breath and the coldness faded away. Luna turned around and I saw hurt and anger in her eyes. She walked over to me and hugged me. I joined it.

“It's okay aunty. I don't blame you. Racist are everywhere auntie.” Luna broke the hug and looked at me. I smiled at her. “Your opinion matters to me over some stupid, ignorant thestrals.” She smiled at me and return to the throne.

Another hour and the court ended. And I headed out and passed a barracks and heard music and saw a pair of thestral ponies battling in the air. I looked closer and saw they were using wooden weapons so this was training. I walked over and saw a sound system nearby manned by a blue furred mare with red lens glasses. Several thestrals watched the fight. The fight was more like a dance as they moved to the music. With a twirl the fight ended with one of the thestrals disarmed. The fighters bowed to each other and landed with the others that stomped their hooves in applause.

A tall thestral stallion approached me. I eyed him and minus color he was a thestral version of Big Mac. What did he want? He stopped and bowed to her. “Princess Cadance, would you do me the honor of a duel?” I blinked. He was treating me with respect.

“I am not familiar with this kind of duel.” He stopped bowing.

“It is simple princess. We fight to the music that is played. Music is chosen by the defender and the duel ends with either a disarmed opponent or a pin.”

“Very well, I accept.” I walked over to the racks of training weapons. I found a sword and took it. I then checked their library of music but none spoke to me. Luckily I had one. I summoned a personal record that had a one of her favorite tracks and perfect for this. I walked over to the dj. “Play track three.” The mare nodded and I went into the ring. The stallion had a halberd. This was going to be interesting. The music began and though I couldn't pronounce its proper name but its unofficial name to World of Warships players was Dance of the Torpedoes.

Both of us took to the air. He swung his weapon and I dodged to the beat of the music, twirling in the air and made a charge. He used the staff to block my strike. I flipped and charged again and he tried to block but I was too fast and got a hit in. Then I felt pain as he used the staff of his weapon to strike me in the head. As I try to recover he struck with the axe head and my side hurt. I spun dodge and with more aerial moves I struck again hitting his body several times. He swung his halberd at me but I swatted it with my sword and tackled him and dove to the ground. He tried to get free but my grip was too strong and we hit the ground. I didn't go full speed so he was only slightly hurt. I pinned him to the ground and another thestral did the ten count. I had won. I extended a hoof to him and he took as I help him up. “Good fight.”

“Thanks your highness. Your appearance makes many believe you weak. You are far from weak and what I expected from the Sovereign's niece. It was an honor fighting you.”

“Thanks solider.” Cheers were heard and I bowed to him and left.

Night joined me as I left the barracks. “Wow, lieutenant Dark Wing is among our top fighters and you beat him.”

“He didn't make it easy and I have been training for years.”

“It shows.” Night looked at me lustfully….. I wasn't sure how to take that. Before those thoughts could get further I notice a bunch of thestrals approached them.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Yes.” A stallion said. “You can…DIE!” He pulled out a rapier and thrusted it at me. I felt pain in my shoulder as I tried to dodge. Working through the pain I pulled out my dagger Pierced Heart and stabbed him in the head. I pulled out the rapier and threw it at another that was charging at me and went into her mouth. I summoned Love's Pain and ducked as another thestral flew over me. A rolled to the left and lifted Love's Pain and blocked an axe from another thestral. I charged my horn and the thestal used his axe to block it. Only to get impaled by my sword. He fell dead and I felt pain on my side as the thestral I ducked under returned with a scythe. I let lose a bolt from my horn and got her in the face. As she fell over I was ready for the next opponent. But there was none and Night was panting, covered in blood and her armor a mess. I wince as I walked over to her.

“We need to get to the castle.” I nodded and the two of us limped to the castle, weapons ready. Nearby thestrals looked at us in shock. Halfway to the castle armored thestrals arrived and placed us on gurneys and took to the air and got to the castle in a minute and raced us to the infirmary.

I was being bandaged up when Luna burst in. “Are you alright Cadance?” she asked as she looked me over.

“They got a couple of good hits in but I will be fine.” I told her. She nuzzled me before her anger returned. Her fur went black and her eyes dragonic as she turned to the Regent.

"I want to know the families of these thestrals. Search their homes for any information on who else was involved. I will not stand for my niece being nearly murdered because she isn't a thestral!”

“At once Sovereign.” The Regent raced out. Luna took a deep breath and turned back to me. She was still Nightmare colored but her form remain unchanged. She hugged me.

“I am sorry my dear niece. The thought of losing you is too painful.” I joined her hug.

“Not your fault auntie and I am okay. We will be okay.” Luna began crying and I kept telling her I was okay and maintained the hug till I was ordered to rest. I woke in the middle of the night I found Luna sleeping at my side. I smiled and laid my head down and let sleep take me knowing I was in good hooves.

Author's Note:

Foxstar edited this