• Published 13th Jun 2015
  • 268 Views, 0 Comments

Bound in Chaos - ImaChick3376_SS



Discord is going slightly crazy not causing chaos ever since he was reformed .He is sad and depressed; and doesn't know what to do. if he doesn't cause chaos something worse will come out of him. And for all our safety I just hope we never see it.

  • ...
 0
 268

Friend of a friend!

The Sun was shining all throughout Equestria today everything seemed like a wonderful day, well almost everywhere. Deep within Canterlot castle lays a chaos known throughout the world of Equestria.

Deep within the depths of the castle's garden lay a labyrinth of mystery in which the creature of chaos lies in wait .

Within the garden you can see an ominous salmon colored cloud covered in green polka dots.
The cloud poured out multiple bouncy balls of all shapes and colors, the poor guards that were so unfortunate to be on duty were assaulted with them from left and right. Many ran for their lives trying to find some cover. Most were unsuccessful in their pursuit and were soon buried beneath the flying projectiles.

The creature that had started this chaos had no idea what was happening nor did he probably care. For deep within the garden’s labyrinth lay a creature that is known as the god, of chaos and disharmony, Discord.

He sat upon an enormous stone in the middle of the labyrinth, with bouncy balls bouncing to either side of him. He sat on top of his pedestal with a sour look upon his face, not caring if any of the bouncy balls would hit him or not. He thrashed his tail vigorously in disheartened way. He sighed and attacked a small pebble that had the misfortune to be within the creature's reach. With each motion of his eagle claw the stone's color changed colours, some of which may not even exist.
He looked up at his chaotic colored cloud sourly and shouted; "What is a Lord of Chaos to do!"

He then let out an exasperated sigh.

His fingers seemed to fidget, it annoyed him to no end. In aggravation he summoned a glass of chocolate milk. He sipped his drink through the craziest crazy ever imaginable. With every sip his mood seemed to worsen and his chaotic energy changed the color of the pebble.

He threw his glass away and it broke upon the hedges causing some of the hedge to catch on fire. The bush started to panic and the other pieces of the hedged started hitting itself to put out the fire. Discord examined his pebble closely, and said: "What shall I do, me being reformed? I never truly expected it to happen!”

He paused to consider what happened to make him like this.

He slammed his forearms down and exclaimed “I can no longer be the god of chaos! After all, how could a god of chaos stop causing chaos?! That is ridiculous! So much chaos, so much just waiting to be unleashed," Discord said with maniacal look in his eyes, he shook his head trying to dislodge that thought from his brain. He looked up through the sky and stated."However... I would never wish to hurt my friends again, especially since I just got them back."

He had a long silent pause thinking about his recent betrayal and the true gaining of friends.

"Oh frizzle frazzle this is hopeless!" he exclaimed while ruffling his main. " I just can't make up my mind!" as his head split into two even halves.

He thought if only Twilight and his other friends were here. Maybe he could've asked them for their opinion. Sparks were shooting in every direction as he tried to think of a solution. Causing his ears to catch on fire.

In the end he just pulled off his head and it rolled away, disappointed he couldn’t think of anything.

However, while his head was rolling he looked over top of his cloud of chaos and he saw Canterlot Castle. With that he got an idea.

"Why don't I ask Old Princess Sun-Buns, she’s a princess so she has to help. Why wouldn't she anyway, after all a friend of a friend is a friend right?" He said to himself quizzically.

In his excitement , his head sprouted rockets which flew all throughout the labyrinth, barely missing guards and animals on its way back to his body. After he reattached his head in his excitement he flicked the pebble he was twirling in his claw away and summoned a fiesta for his grand exit.

The instruments floated in his magic and he spun in his flamenco dress. He did the tango and when the music stopped, he snapped his fingers while shouting ‘ollay!’ while he disappeared.

---

Somewhere else, Princess Cadence was just waking in the Crystal Kingdom. She stretched her legs and was getting ready to fly out of her tower. When she looked out her window she saw a large stone that was green, purple, blue, yellow - all the colors of the rainbow and maybe even a few that didn’t even exist, flying directly towards her.

She did what any reasonable mare would do, she screamed.

When Cadence closed her eyes and prepared to be killed by the object, the enormous stone turned as if to look at her and in mid flight it switched directions.

When she realized that she had not been smashed to bits she opened her eyes to peek at the stone that was not even there. She let out the breath she was holding in, when the tower right next to her crumbled and there she saw the massive stone.

She looked shocked for a few moments before turning towards the stone and madly shouted;

“DISCORD!"

…No response.

“DISCORD!”

She was getting incredibly annoyed.

“DIIIISSSSCCCCOOOORRRRDDDD!!!!!” Cadence shouted for the third time now, glaring in the direction of Canterlot Castle.

She turned around and was going to head back into her room when she heard a rumble.

A faint, distant rumble that made fear grow deep within her. When she turned back around she saw the most horrid thing she thought she would ever to see. It was....

Boing - boing - boing...

"SAVE ME THEY’RE BOUNCING EVERYWHERE! DREADED THINGS, GET OFF ME! I SWEAR DISCORD I'LL KILL YOU! I HATE BOUNCY BALLS! OH SWEET CELESTIA!". Cadence screamed as she was swallowed by a huge wave of bouncing bouncy balls.

---

Somewhere else…

---

Princess Celestia was sitting upon her Canterlot throne, reading documents as she usually did at that time of day. Celestia turned her head when she heard someone walk into the room.

She saw Princess Luna come in rubbing her big blue eyes with her hooves. Celestia smiled at her cute little sister.

“Why hello Lu-Lu, what are you doing up during my day?"

Luna gave a big yawn and returned her sister's smile with one that was more of a grimace.

"Well you see sister. There was quite a disturbance while we were sleeping, would you happen to know anything about this!?" She asked while trying to her voice calm.

Celestia gave her a confused look and said "Not that I am aware of. What is this disturbance Luna?" She said, taking a good look at her sister's disturbed looking face, noticing that she was covered in some kind of slime. She looked as if somebody had dipped her in jello. It was a disgusting yet appetizing sight and it caused the older sister to slightly worry.

Luna's eye began to twitch as anger built inside her at the mere thought of the disturbance and she shouted in her anger; "A DISTURBANCE! As we speak our room is probably full to the brim with rainbow colored watermelons, oh the horror! "

Celestia's eyes started to bug out as she tried to hold back her giggles. "Pft! You're being way over dramatic Lulu!"

Luna became outraged and decided to show her sister the truth of the evil menace. She summoned up a picture of her room, she zoomed in on the abundance of watermelons and their current goal (which would be world wide domination, mainly right now luna's room and her guards) . You could hear the screams through the spell as many guards lay devastated from the battles that were waged between pony and fruit. The fruit in this case was winning.

For some odd reason Celestia found this situation hilarious.

"Oh ... Hehe.. Ehem that is too bad. Why didn't you just magic them away?"

Luna looked sad and said "We tried however they just kept exploding when we tried."

"That would explain the the slime, " Luna shivered at the returning memory.

"Well anyways is there any other reason why you came down here Luna, you know you could have slept in my room , I wouldn't have minded at all"


Luna looked sheepish at the floor trying to avoid making eye contact and said, "We know that our dearest sister wouldn't have minded, however we wanted to discuss another matter with you and couldn't think of any other possible time to do so. So since we were up we just had to come talk to you."

"I am always happy to see you Lulu day or night, so what is it you'd like to ask me?" Celestia said while smiling, now giving Luna her full undivided attention.

Luna looked slightly nervous, while taking a quick breath in she looked left and right to see if any other pony was around. She scooted closer to her sister, still trying to avoid her eyes.

Luna took a deep breath working the up the courage to look her in the eye and said "Dearest sister, you know that we love our sister with all of our heart. However we fear that we will not be silent any longer. Dearest sister. you have had this problem for too long now and now all your dreams are filled with it as well! It is too much! Too much of this sweet confection you call CAKE! Cake this, cake that, cake here, and cake there , it is driving us nuts! Whenever we enter your dream we get forced to eat this confection with your own magic, hopefully we can escape before you spot us. However if we do get caught, we are not allowed to leave until we have eaten at least one of your cakes, sometimes even more. It wastes our precious time within the dreamscape!" She sucked in a big breath and continued on with her conversation." Sister you need to be healthier and to start you need to take it easy on the cake, the chef says you have eaten over five of his cakes today alone. Just today! All of them! Sister I would like you to spend the rest of eternity with me. To stay happy and healthy you must cut back on the cake. I'm saying this because I love you and I'm worried about you."

After Luna had gotten it all out she looked to Celestia to see how well she was taking the news. What came to her sight shocked Luna the most. Her sister's jaw had dropped, the rest of her body was frozen in disbelief at what Luna had said.

Celestia couldn't believe what her sister had told her, it was almost as bad as the bat ponies calling her princess sun buns all the time.

Celestia's eyes started to tear up a little bit. "Are you calling me fat?" She asked while turning to look into Luna's eyes.

At that Luna fell flat on her back from shock of what Celestia said.

Luna gulped, stood back up with a worried look on her face.

"Why would you ever say that, I said nothing like that why would you even think that?!"

Before any more water works could start there was a sparkle of magic and then a parchment appeared out of thin air.

The conversation was dropped in light of this new discovery.

"Who's it from?" Luna asked as she looked over her sister’s shoulder.

"It's Twilight's friendship report, she's reporting on her mission of spreading the magic of friendship." Celestia said with a smile.

"What does it say? What does it say!" She yelled excitedly, sounding very much like a young filly.

Dear Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,

I have just entered Griffonia and I'm excited to start another journey there. I hope they take our teachings of the magic of friendship to heart and learn a great lesson. I have already spoken in Manehattan and Hollow Shades, and I hear they're putting my teachings to heart. We hope to end our speeches in Canterlot, so it will be awhile before we will get to see each other again. The speeches have seen only compliments so far. We still have a long way to go to spread the magic of friendship; and I couldn't have done it without you and my friends.

Thanks again!


From your faithful student, Princess Twilight Sparkle

P.S. Say hi to Discord for me.

When the embodiment of chaos was named, the castle started to shake and sparks shot off everywhere.

Celestia and Luna just sat there in shock wondering what was going on. When all of a sudden...

“YAAAAAAA-HOO-HOO-HOO-HOOOEEEYYYY!!!"

“CRASH!”

“KABOOM!”

Smoke filled the room, making it hard to breath.When the smoke was starting to clear they heard a groan and a sound like a squeaky gate hinge swinging open and closed.

“Oh man that's going to smart in the morning!”

Right then they were able to see the creature, that just so happened to be hanging from the chandelier on ceiling. Luna slowly approached the creature as it swung back and forth .

"Discord!? Luna said in shock, “What in the name of Faust are you doing up there?”

Discord was a tangled mess upon the chandelier, nothing was where it was supposed to be his hands and feet had switched places, his horns were playing on the chandelier and his tail was probably the biggest knot in the history of knots right around the whole chandelier. His hands were already working to set him free from the chandelier.

”Well Luna, I don't mean to hang around but it seems my chaos is little out of control. However I came here to ask about something impor-TTTTTAAAANNTTT!!”

“CRASH!”

His hands successfully untied his tail and let go of the chandelier. Letting him face plant into the floor.

Celestia took a few steps towards Discord, his face planted into the floor. She levitated him off the ground trying to get a good look at his face.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

Discord didn't answer at first, he was too busy shaking his head trying to get rid of the stars and rubber ducks spinning in a circle around his head.

He shook his head and the stars dissipated. However, his head would not stop shaking. He grabbed onto his muzzle to try and quell the shaking, the shaking caused his head to turn round and round.

When the shaking had finally stopped Discord had different perspective of the room,

"Why princesses I never suspected you to be into such chaos. How marvelous! Oh dear what did you guys do to your floor!"

With that Luna interjected with ," Um..a.. hum Discord your head has seemed to have ... um..."

She did a turning motion with her hoof.

Discord laughed and said, "Oh silly me!" turning his head right side up and stood up with his own feet. he started dusting himself off.

When Celestia repeated her question "Discord, are you alright?".

"What? That? Oh pish posh that was nothing. The ways of chaos are not always so painless." said Discord with a roll of his eyes.

“We don't mean to rush you Discord but you said you had something important to talk to us about.” Luna said.

“As a matter of fact I do.”


“What is it Discord?” Said Celestia.

“I have come to ask for council ” He said.

“Council?” said Luna with a doubtful expression on her face.

“Yes. Is there a problem with me wanting council?”

Luna said “No its just that we would have never suspected that you would come for council. We thought you were too prideful for such things. If anything we thought you would report of an accidental destruction of a town or something similar.”

"Now, now, Luna that saddens me that you would believe something so awful would come from me. I have really changed Luna." he said with a sad smile while wearing a butler suit.

Luna looked somewhat ashamed by her false accusation.

Discord's chaos started spreading throughout the room, starting with himself. His chaos magic created a wacky therapist chair and then placed Discord upon it, his long tail stretched out high above him.

It started raining chocolate milk from the fur on the end of his now cloud like tail. He stretched out his tongue to catch the droplets of chocolate rain, while he wallowed in his despair.

The windows that showed the great deeds of the past had been changed by Discord's chaos.

The puppet master Discord window had been changed into a mermaid Discord that was waving at everyone.

Twilight’s ascension was still half there but plants were taking over the window very fast, it was turning into a jungle. Also a very determined ladybug was trying to get to the top.

Celestia said, "Discord I don't mean to bother you, but what is it you want council for?”

Discord let out a large sigh of exasperation and said:

“What is the Lord of Chaos to do?! I came to you for council on chaos. Me ha, you probably don't know the first thing about chaos. It is wild and untamed, controlling it is a joke. You and Luna both know that chaos is a part of me. However, I don't want to lose my friends because of it, the problem is I want to create chaos so bad I don't know what to do. The more you try to keep chaos caged the more it wants to come out. I'm afraid something worse will happen if I don't cause chaos; and trust me you do not want to see that!" he said with fear in his eyes.

“Yes I can see that." said Celestia while pointing at the mermaid waving to her.

“Why don't you just have one spot to unleash your chaos upon?” asked Luna.

"Didn't I just tell you Luna?” Discord said in exasperation," If I tried to contain my chaos with my magic it'll just escape and go all over the countryside taking over the world. I can't control chaos, because I am chaos. Dohy isn't it obvious!" he threw his hands up in defeat.

“Did you ask Twilight about this? Celestia asked.

"I would however she is too busy galloping off to who knows where! At this very moment she is probably signing autographs, kissing foals, and has forgotten about little ol me." he took hankie and blew his nose only to have a bouquet to come out. He looked at it quizzically and shrugged his shoulders tossing the bouquet aside where three mares out of nowhere started to fight over who was going to catch it.

Luna had her eyes glued to them watching the squabbling mares. Where Celestia ignored their crazy antics. She rolled her eyes at discord's drama queen worth performance and said, "Discord, you know that is not true, why in fact she mentioned you in this here letter." he gave Celestia a sly look over his hankie and snapped his fingers twice quickly teleporting himself in front of the princess and swiping the letter right out of her hands and scraggling back to his wallowing spot.
Right after he sat back down all three mares disappeared, while Luna sighed in despair (she was betting on the yellow mare and didn't get to see the results ) .

“ Oh Huzzah! She did remember me, she does...." he frowned when he got to the bottom and said, " hi? All I got was a hi? ". He deflated in his sadness and disbelief.

Luna looked at him with compassion and would have went over to comfort him but his chocolate rain was more than pouring. Discord was totally drenched in it to the point he was reinflated with chocolate milk. However his demeanor was the same.

"Don't be so sad discord, she is very busy! She cares for you as much as her other friends. " said Celestia. Celestia nudged Luna while pointing at Discord. What she saw was not a pretty sight, if it's any confrontation he looked worse than before. He looked more chocolate milk than draconequus.

Luna gave a quizzical look, she puzzled and puzzled until her puzzler was sore. Than she thought of something she hadn't thought of before. "What if Celestia and I helped we could create a pocket dimension in which we would use our magic to seal in all the chaos? Of course we'll have to make a new spell but that should be easy enough. "

“Pft, that could work to contain it maybe, but what's the point of that when you can't share it. It's boring!" discord said while shifting away from the sisters.

“Discord, have you ever heard of organized chaos,"said Celestia. Discord just huffed a sigh of sadness and rolled to face them again.

Luna continued thinking about what to do when it hit her. “You know that one spell of Twilight's which she made everyone who saw her doll was attracted to it, well with some tweaking we could make a spell that would not attract everyone but attract a slight few that would enjoy your dimension. Also if we could make this dimension portable than it could travel to them."
Discord just sat there drinking his chocolate milk acting like she said nothing. Slowly discord brought his paw up to his beard and started stroking it in thoughtfully. When a light bulb appeared from nowhere. He slowly pulled his paw over his face transforming his face from depressed to happy.
“Why Luna that is like your only big good idea ever!!! " Discord said.

Luna smiled proud at herself,“ Why thank you.... wait .....what is that suppose to mean! " she said while throwing her hoof in the air in confusion and anger.

"Oh, please do you remember your last big idea! " using his chaos magic he made a recreation of the very night she swore eternal night. "Night shall reign forever! Wahahahahah!"

Luna was blushing ferociously, while trying to hide in her mane. In which made Discord laugh a little from her display of embarrassment and said, “Awwwww is whitle Woona embarrased," he said with a teasing smile.

Luna glared at Discord in return. In her head she was thanking Faust he didn't know about what happened on that moon (aka the second worst decision of her life).

"Well it is worth a shot. It is better than what happened last time" said Celestia, while thinking about the memory shivering at some very distasteful moments.

Discord saw this shrugged his shoulders, taking cotton candy out of nowhere and shoved it into his mouth.

Author's Note:

Expect new cover art for this. Soon I've got to give a big thank you to my editor however I also couldn't wait anymore wanted sorry. Spiritof sky is editor. Well I really hope you likely the next chapter should be out soon.