• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 1,852 Views, 52 Comments

A Crystal Revolution - Stalins Moustache



When Equestria came to power in the Crystal Empire, not everypony welcomed their new Princess

  • ...
12
 52
 1,852

Chapter 3: The Meeting

Author's Note:

I'm Sorry for this chapter being a bit short (Much like the other Chapters :applejackunsure:) But they will get longer as the next chapter I am aiming to have at least over 1,000 words.

But as always all feedback is greatly appreciated, and I'll see you all soon :pinkiehappy:

Steel was wearing a long grey overcoat and a flat cap as he moved down to the docks. A meeting was to be held between all those who organised the protest, it's message clear, If the Equestrians won't leave us through peaceful methods, than violence is the only solution they have left. The courier had come the the Strong Stallion in the dead of night asking around for Steel Defiance he had then given him the leaflet that announced the meeting, who could know that one leaflet would decide the fate of an empire and possibly cause an all out civil war.

The docks were not in their usual hustle and bustle, now they were barren with not a soul in sight with the exceptions of the occasional rat scurrying along one of the piers and the the two crystal ponies guarding a small manhole at the base of the road that led back to the slums.

"Sir!" said both the guards almost in unison, bringing their hooves to their heads in salute. Both of them wearing overcoats and flat caps similar to Steel's, however over their coats they wore many munitions pouches, field glasses and other such paraphernalia of war.

"I'm not your bloody commander, just a stallion fallen on hard times," Defiance spat shrugging off his new apparent responsibility as a military commander.

As he proceeded down the ladder he was greeted with even more guards all of them equipped in the same uniform as the ponies upstairs. After they had judged him to be clear, he was allowed to proceed down the hallway he came to an antechamber, made out of the same grey coloured bricks as the rest of this sewer-turned-bunker, it was relatively unfurnished save for a few wooden benches lining the walls of the antechamber and a large metal door at the far side of the room.

He headed through the large door at the far side of the room pretending not to notice the large amount of wounded crystal ponies lining the benches. When he entered the much larger Auditory he saw the large table in the center and took his place at one of the chairs, they were old wooden things, their craftsmanship was shoddy and the wood used to make them was obviously cheap. However they would have to serve.

"Steel good to see you, I heard about your brother, I'm ever so sorry," said Ornate Winter, an aristocratic Crystal Pony who had secretly longed for the liberation of the Crystal Empire, he had funded the rebels against King Sombra and was now funding the rebels against an even greater menace. However he was still distrusted by many of the ponies of the underclasses as he wore a crystalline coat compared to the unadorned coats of his fellow ponies.

"Thank you Winter it's been a tough week, but I think we may pull through," replied Steel, still sounding uncertain despite a hopeful look on his face.

"Gentlemen please," White Blizzard leader of the the Crystal Ponies who had lived in constant squalor, always under threat from Equestrian guns, "Now Steel we all give you our condolences, but there are more pressing matters for us to attend to."

Blizzard began to thumb through the folder he had under his arm, his white coat glittering in the torch. Blizzard himself was of mixed descent, his father being a tried and true Crystal Stallion but his mother however was an Equestrian.

Which had proved to be a bigger boon to Blizzard than a con as many of the guard trusted him for the sole reason of his mixed parentage.Finally he produced a poster which bore the words that whilst being inevitable, they still made Steel's heart sink.

"We have waited long enough, this document is the first of many that will seal our destiny," he passed the the sheet to the stallion sitting to the right of him and then continued, "This document contains the orders all those Crystal Ponies who are still loyal to our cause to report to their local armouries,"

"Have you gone raving mad Blizzard!" Ornate Winter blurted out, "Too much blood has already been shed, and now you want to start a bucking civil war!"

"How has peace worked for us so far, Why don't we ask Steel that?" with that Ornate Winter stormed out of the auditory, once the door slammed behind him Blizzard picked up where he left off, "I am proposing that we arm and train a corps of volunteers, these brave mares and stallions shall form the ever beating heart of our new republic, they shall be called....The Crystal Resistance Army."

As he finished there was an unbroken tension that sprang up in the room. Steel imagined there to be bickering and arguing but everypony sitting at the table remained quiet, each and every one of them knowing that while this was not an easy decision, it had to be made for the good of the Crystal Empire and all her citizens.

Once more Blizzard broke the silence, "The first military operation of our new Republic will be a strike at the heart of Equestrian hold over the Empire, The Crystal palace..."