• Published 8th Nov 2011
  • 6,419 Views, 162 Comments

The Border - Cabal



The adventures of Dr. Moss and a perilous crossing of the divide between Humans and Ponies.

  • ...
12
 162
 6,419

Chapter8: The Squeeze

With disturbed and angry RoH boarder guards not too far behind him, Gentle Moss galloped quickly, weaving in and around the brush and around old artillery-made craters. He was running out of breath, and one of his horse-shoes was coming loose. He wanted desperately wanted to stop and use magic to fix it, but he couldn't. He wanted to stop and cry, but he could not. He had to keep running. No matter what happened, he could not afford to die before his true adventure began. Heaven or Heck, he would persevere and prove to the University-- and Equestria, that his field of knowledge was worth more then anything else anypony thought otherwise.

In the dim distance, a chicken-wired fence appeared with damage to its lower wire (by smugglers coming and going, no doubt). Gentle Moss came to a skidding stop, chucked off his saddlebags using his teeth and threw it under the fence. He then flattened himself against the ground as far as his could and squeezed his way under, his coat occassionally snagging painfully against the wire until he was clear. With human voices nearby, and no time to restrap, he picked up his saddlebags with his teeth again and did a an awkward hop-gallop away from the scene.

Little did he know, the fence was the DMZ end. Our little pony, the first in many years, made it inside the Republic of Humanity.

=+=+=+=

Research entry 1 (note on personal health and beginning statement)

Dr. Gentle Moss

Summer 62, 22XX

I'm beginning this entry in hopes that if I die, somepony will know the story. Tonight I have done something very brave and very stupid in hindsight. I have illegally crossed the boarder from Equestria into the RoH. I'm doing this because I was at my wits-end with the university council on the lack of funding for humanology and the lack of any interest of anypony to learn. They our part of our history, just as reluctantly as much as we are to them. It is vital we learn from each other.

I'm currently holed up under a bush I was able to a small fox hole under. Tomorrow I will attempt to get a bearing on the landscape. I did see what appeared to be a village ahead, and that is where I will get to the leaf of the matter. For now, I'm very scratched up and need rest...

=+=+=+=

ENCODED TELEWIRE AND PIDGEON DISPATCH

FM BG TCH BMA VICTOR.

TO BG MA BM SARAH R.

MSG AS FOL:

ALL STOP ALL STOP ALL STOP BORDER CANON CHKPNT MID 8 RPTS INCURSION STOP

INCURSRION BY PONYS / SMUG / CRIM UNKN STOP

MAGIC DETEC FLARE CONFM BY EMY DEBRIS VIA WATCH STOP

SKIRM RESP ARTILY STOP

NO CUSLTY STOP

REQ. REINFORCEMENTS FOR SOD STOP END

=+=+=+=

Boarder Master Sarah spat out her 2am coffee over the dispatch she just read. “Incursion?! And they have found no causalities?”

“Yes, Master Rafaeli,” said a rather uncomfortable assistant. “We are requesting more information now, and I have ordered reinforcements there now in anticipation of said order.”

“Yes, of course, authorized.” said Sarah, slumping in her seat. “This is... what, the third incident since I've arrived here? Kremlin would strip me of rank if this continues. Those poor ponies and the coffee traders are biting off more then they can chew each time we catch them, and its harder and harder each time to justify letting them go.”

There was sharp knock at the door, and the assistance excused himself to answer it. He opened the door to a young boarder guard who sharply saluted him, and handed him another message. He closed the door and read the message, and gasped.

“What is it?” asked Sarah. “Tell me now Comrade.”

“They've found hoof tracks exiting the RoH beginning of the DMZ!”

Author's Note:

Hello all, Cabal here. Its nice to see your smiling faces again. And if you are new to this story, hello there!

I've been away for a couple years now. Doing the grind, making my way up in the corporate world. Can you believe I updated this last in 2013? Of course not, fake news! Haha! (ahem). I have returned because around April of every year I think about the changing of the seasons and how its warmth after a very cold winter always brings me back to those technicolored pony days. Mind you, I have been slacking in the MLP fandom and have not watched the series since twilight got her wings.

I want to finish this story. I hate things that are unfinished, even if it takes me 10 years this will be finished. :)

Comments ( 14 )

Well hell, welcome back man! And yeah, I'm the same way, I've only watched episodes that sound interesting, so like, seven. I still lurk on here daily, but I haven't written anything in years. I always love it when old timers update their works, though!

Wow, I have to read this simply for the dedication to continue it after so many years. :rainbowderp:

A new chapter? Well…that was unexpected.

Oooh! A new chapter - great!

Hot diggity damn, I did not expect this to pop up. Patience is rewarded!

Looking forward for more, based on how Humans have ordered their socities i cannot help but to think that Gentle Moss will not be too harsly threated. He is after all someone who is fighting to maintain intergrity of his Department and holds the title with highest office of learning there is in the pony lands.

It could be he would be seen in quite noble light by the population, if the values which has been convayed in the chapters hold true that is.

8861857
Keep quiet you youngins, old cabal is trying to sleep!

Wow, I thought this story was well dead and buried, but I'm glad to see it back. I look forward for more.

This, this is why unfinished stories do not leave my tracked list until they are canceled and the author is dead.

well. hope to see this updated in the future. but as the author was last seen online in 2019, i think it's dead. hope i am wrong.

10201805
Sorry I'll try to stay more alive.

10264400
Glad to see you are alive :twilightsmile:

Any plans to keep this story going or is it canceled? If so, I'll take up the story and add my own flair to it.

Login or register to comment