• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 1,081 Views, 29 Comments

The Eyes Are Blind - Fe94Knight



A colt, with a broken mind, and a gift he sees as a curse more often than not. A mare, looking for a companion, and willing to help him pull the pieces together.

  • ...
1
 29
 1,081

Chapter 7

Chapter seven

After having raided the freezer for a late night snack of the dairy cream kind. The gang at the castle made their way to bed soon after putting their bowls, and spoons up for the night, and replacing it with some much needed rest. Something that doesn’t come all too easily though as Snow Bolt gets a massive sugar high from the sweet treat. After a bedtime story by Rosebud however, the young colt soon meets his end at the embrace of the covers of his bed. While is parents kiss him goodnight and head down to the next room to do the same.

Morning though at the castle comes all too soon to some, as even Discord who has grown accustom to the early risings of his wife (and also the many times he had to tend to Rose when she was young). Is now buried under the pillows in the soft bed of their room, as he tries to fight off his wife’s undying light from the sun she has raised.

Tia, I could turn you to stone myself some mornings,” The prince grogs while flipping over in the bed to try, and beat out the light again.

Though as much as he would want to surrender to the covers and doze off. Somepony else has a different idea, making their scheme known with the pitter patter of hooves Discord knows all too well. Growing in his ears with every passing second. Rolling out of bed just in time to avoid his daughter pouncing on him like she would many times in the years before. Rose stands defeated in the bed as her father slithers away. That is until Dissy does the same to her, and with a snap of his fingers, the youngest alicorn finds herself wrapped up in a torrent of blankets that trap her atop the mattress.

“Oh come on dad! That’s not fair,” Rosebud wines underneath the snare.

“You still have yet to understand, my dear. Your own father is the prince of chaos,” Another snap, and she is suspended in front of him in what would be called a lasso of sheets, “I never play fair.”

“And I am your daughter, Daddy,” The slight glow of her horn lights off a teleportation spell as the kin dives out from the side of her trap, bringing Discord down to the ground. Soon enough, the room is filled with the laughter of the young mare as she stand triumphantly atop her father’s chest, “I got some of your chaotic nature in me, when you and mom-”

“That’s enough out of you, young lady!” A zipper appears on her mouth. Closing it at the talons of her father, while he rights himself back up on the ground. Setting her on all fours, leaving Rosebud to slump down to her flank, “There is no way, and no how. That you should be talking about anything involving that subject. Seriously, you’re only fourteen.”

Rose uses her own magic to remove the zipper, “Well it didn’t take long for you, and mom to get that far with one another,” She mutters under her breath while they both head out of the room.

Excuse me?!” Discord rises up off the ground, “Who told you that?”

“What? Lulu, and I talk,” Rose snickers while she watches her father’s face change from pale white that his daughter knows of him and her mother’s antics. To blue from loss of breath and speechlessness. Then to a fuming red, at the thought of his sister in law talking to Rose about him and his wife’s past… activities.

‘I’m going to kill you, Luna,’ His mind wanders over the idea of homicide as much as his legs do the ground. While he and his kin go through the castle hallways. Onwards to the dining room, as they run in to the solar goddess during their walk.

“Ah, there you two are,” Celestia nuzzles up to her husband, “I was about to come back to the room to wake you up dear.”

“Don’t worry, your blasted sun did that already,” Discord holds the door open for his ladies as Tia canters inside with a smirk on her face.

Once there, the trio finds the young couple with Snow at the table along with the already early risen lunar alicorn, as they all sit down at the table. The young foal munching away at a break neck pace with Luna on a stack of pancakes, as they both shovel them down their throats. All the while Twilight, and Flash have eaten their fill long ago. Now just admiring how a princess, can manage to act like a foal at times.

“Good morning, sister!” Luna halts her engulfing of the breakfast cakes to greet Tia this day.

“Good morning to you as well, Luna,” Celestia takes note of the time, “You seem to be beating me to awaken more, and more every day. Odd how I raise the sun, and yet you are the early riser,” She entices a giggle from herself, and her daughter.

“Well that’s because for the most part I stay up all night, go figure,” Luna slathers another stack in syrup before munching away at it at a more civilized pace, “Though this time it wasn’t because of a game. I wanted to catch up on some reading in the library, and before I knew it. It was morning already.”

“It seems to come to some of us, faster than others,” Twilight considers for a moment, not knowing of Discord’s predicament earlier, before letting the subject go for now. Turning her motherly attention to her young son, as Snow tries to wipe away bits, and pieces of food that are stuck in his coat, “Well it seems somepony needs a bath when we get home.”

“But can’t I just lick it off mom? It is syrup,” Snow pouts with puppy dog eyes that normally would melt his mother away in a second. Though considering the cleanliness of her child over his enjoyment, she takes that moment from him.

“Not a chance,” Twi drops the ball, “You aren’t going to track that mess all through the house when we get home.”

“Well… he does have a point there you know?” Flash chimes in while whispering in Twilight’s ear.

“What do you mean, dear?”

“I’ve had to lick clean you, on a few accounts,” her husband explains, while her face fills with blood at the memories of their earlier days together.

Quickly receiving a light hoof to the gut to prevent any further inquiry from the others at the table who may be listening. Flash, and his loving wife share in a chuckle all to their own before Twilight changes the subject all together to get her mind off… certain, matters.

So ahh… What does everypony have planned for this lovely day?” She tries to calm her facial expression down. While the others think about their plans.

“Well Dissy, and I were going to teach Rose a thing or two in the magic department, and a little about colts for that matter,” Celestia states. Watching Rose roll her eyes at the mention of the latter, “Seeing as my sister, has so generously told her a few of my, exploits.”

“As a good aunt should always do, to embarrass the mother,” Luna holds a hoof to her chest while maintaining a regal pose. Both her, and Rosebud soon laughing to themselves, and hoof bumping across the table. Much to the dismay of the parents.

“You’re going to pay for that by the way,” Discord reminds her.

“Oh bite me,” She mocks without missing a beat, “No wait, isn’t that my sister’s thing?”

The dull thud of Discord’s head meeting the table, covers up his now crimson face as Tia does her best to not laugh at the hilarity of the matter. Even if it does get thrown in her face every so often, as the younger sister has her fun. It’s still always a pleasure to see her husband get his own from time to time. Gently now rubbing a hoof on her husband’s back to try, and quell some of his embarrassment. While their daughter puts in her own words of encouragement.

“Luna broke Dad, again,” Rose pokes her father in the side.

Anyways,” The solar princess recomposes herself, “That’s our plan. What about you, sister?”

“Hmm I probably will make it up as I go along,” Luna answers, “Twilight? Flash? Any input?”

Flash manages to hold on to their son long enough to help his wife wipe away some of the syrup that stains the outside of Snow’s mouth, as he answers, “Well much to the dismay of this little guy right here,” he struggles with the squirming colt, “We have to get back to Ponyville. After that though, I’m not quite-”

In a flash of blue, and pink magic a letter lands in front of Twi, cutting her husband off. Bound in the royal seal of the Crystal Empire, and the parchment seeming freshly written as the ink still tries to soak through completely and dry. Twilight uses her magic to lift the letter up, and opens it, soon skimming over the words. Knowing it can only really be from two ponies.

“It’s from, Cadance?” Her ears perk up after reading a few lines, and instantly recognizes the writing style.

“Well go on then,” The chaotic prince motions as he recovers from the below the belt hit, and conjures up a glass of scotch before he continues to calm his nerves, “What does it say?”

“Let’s see here,” the mare clears her throat a bit, “Dear Twilight,

It should not take long for you to receive this letter long after I have sent it. I am sorry we haven’t been in touch, nearly as much as I would want us to be, and we will have to fix that. Though for now it seems I could use your help. Considering your title of ‘Royal Canterlot Magical Advisor’, I thought it best to see to you about this matter.

There is a rather peculiar visitor here in the palaces cells now that I think you would find most interesting. Although I have yet to see what he can do. The guards swear up, and down that what they saw was in fact, the truth. I am not quite sure what to make of it, and given his random psychotic outbursts, your brother is ready to put a hoof through is face. Though you may have better luck in the matter. Let me know when you get this, and try to write back. I shall explain further, when you get here.

Your dearest sister in law,

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (aka, Princess Cadance)

Oh, and P.S.

Your brother says you better hurry, before he takes care of this colt himself. Whatever that may mean. I don’t want to know,” She finishes up reading the letter, and sets it down. Twilight left to now try and figure out what Cadance could be talking about, “Well I think I know what I’m doing today,” She turns to her husband with a slight grin, “What do you say about a trip to the Crystal Empire, hmm?”

The contact of a sticky hoof to Flash’s muzzle by their son, bids him a different response than he would have wanted to give to his wife, “As much fun as that sounds. I think Snow would do much better, if he wasn’t almost bathed in this sticky mess at the moment,” he answers her, “Alas, he and I will have to pass on that offer.”

“…I can make the trip,” Luna pipes up with a hoof raised, as they all turn their eyes to her, “What? I said I’d make it up as I go. There are no plans for me here, and it has been a while sense I’ve been to the Empire. Besides, it gets me out of the castle at the very least.”

“Well then, sounds like you two have a trip ahead of you,” Celestia finally grabs a few pancakes for herself, and slices a banana over top of them so she can get some food in her, “whatever they’re dealing with, it doesn’t sound all that pleasant.”

“Not at all,” Twilight tries to think what it could be, “I mean she mentions it’s a colt, but what could he have done to get even my brother in a bunch?”

_________________________

The normal trip to the far north of the Crystal Empire that would have taken several hours by train, for two able-bodied alicorns, can be made in no time at all. Even with the heavy frost bitten winds beating against their faces. Luna, and Twilight flap their way through the gusts, and onwards to the palace, as they see it glimmer in the distance. While the sun only starts to make its way down towards the horizon, to give way to the evening.

Ah… I never get tired of seeing that,” Luna remarks more towards herself than any other. Relishing in the simple wonder of how the crystal reflects the sun’s rays. Even if she will still say, her moon is better.

“Kind of reminds me of the stars at night actually,” Twilight points out while she catches up to the lunar princess, who should see the similarities all too well in her own cosmic bodies, “I mean just look at it.”

“Oh it does now, doesn’t it?” Luna says with a new level of wonder, having never thought of them like such.

Each different curve from the crystal spire gives a different glint in her eye as they all catch the same sun, showing off a multitude of sparkles in her vision, like the stars at night. Even the variety of colors in them, reflecting their own wavelength as the pillar grows bigger, and bigger while the pair get closer. Looking around for the courtyard to touch down in. The cool cobalt eyes of the nocturnal goddess instantly locks contact with the pink, and white speck of two ponies on the ground, ready to greet them.

‘Target sighted… Terminating with extreme prejudice,’ Luna’s glare tapers down to one in particular, and in one quick flip of her wing. The lunar mare barrel rolls over in to a dive bomb, with the alicorn in her sights.