• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 1,083 Views, 29 Comments

The Eyes Are Blind - Fe94Knight



A colt, with a broken mind, and a gift he sees as a curse more often than not. A mare, looking for a companion, and willing to help him pull the pieces together.

  • ...
1
 29
 1,083

Chapter 15

Chapter fifteen

‘You’re slipping now Midnight,’ A darkened voices calls to the colt as he sleeps, or attempts to at least. Thinking for a moment, Midnight knows this is a dream. Even then though the voice comes through quite clearly from his end as it entrances the colt, ‘You wanted to play with the princesses so they could study you, and as a result, I have leaked in once again.

The open landscape Midnight calls his mind, used to be somewhere that he would go to while asleep to take solace, and refuge. Now the foggy plains of his mind are home to one that he despises the most as Midnight stands there in the dim mist, slowly watching his companion come in to view.

A thin pony like mass forms itself in to a body made up of darkened shattered glass as it reaches just short of Midnight’s full height, held together by a tar like sludge. Protruding from it, a pair of wings seemingly made from the same pitch black smoke that makes up its mane, and tail. While an eerie pair of fangs lead up to the startling image of bright neon green eyes staring blankly upon the one they have missed.

Nice to see you again,’ the darkened mass speaks to him.

Hello… Shard…’ Midnight shakes his head while in his head, and only starts to pace back, and forth with the figure across from him in a circle, ‘I enjoyed the silence I had there for a bit. Did you really have to come back so soon?

‘What can I say?’ Shard shrugs his shoulders at the colt, ‘I missed my companion, and the rather fun talks we had. Once I’m completely here we can have the fun like we used to!’ The odd counterpart starts to jump for joy while Midnight remains puzzled for a moment before putting it together, and hampering the dark ones joy.

So you aren’t in here completely. Are you?’ Midnight answers back knowing full well that if it could have, than the darker side of him would have fully taken over by now, and he would be at its mercy.

‘Well no that may not be true,’ Shard admits, ‘Though it won’t be long till I-’

Shards words are cut off by the sounds of another entering the fray. A light cobalt glow radiates above Midnight as he dreams of himself in his mind, now left to watch the light glow brighter and brighter with every word.

Midnight? Mister Midnight?’ Every word stabs the evil entity in his head as the form persists in its attempt to make contact with the blood colt, ‘Wake up I have something that may help.’

What is this?’ The demon like creature that makes him who he is, asks Midnight, all the while feeling his own form falling apart from the intrusion. For the first time, Shard is being threatened in his own lair, ‘She’s pushing me out? She’s healing you? And I thought she was a nice looking mare,’ the lights start to click on as Midnight seeps out of dream land, the lunar princess’s own home. A wary warning thrown to his ears at the last moment, while Shard leaches away, ‘I will be seeing you later, Midnight.

____________________

The light in his mind is replaced as Midnight opens his eyes and the soft glow of a horn fills his vision. Blinking several times over to try, and grasp where he is at first. It soon becomes apparent that he isn’t exactly alone in the room now. A pair of wonderful cobalt eyes are there almost standing over him as the colt shuffles in the bed only to find himself now in the presence of the lunar princess herself.

Ahh… good evening Luna,” He manages to get out with a warm smile on his face. Finding himself thankful for his coat color more often than not lately, “To what do I owe the visit?”

“How about…” Luna levitates the covered tray over to a table in the room as she beckons the stallion to get up, “Dinner?” she asks when Midnight’s eyes widen even more. His mouth is instantly sent drooling at the sight of the fresh meat that has been cooked to a wonderful tender cut while the aroma fills his nostrils with every breath.

“You… you did this?” He stares star struck at the princess while Luna just chuckles at the action of killing another.

“Well yes? What was I going to do, let you starve? Besides…” she aims to sit down. Though before she can the colt using just a hoof, and a light green aura that surrounds it, scoots her chair out for the mare now sitting across from him, “Ever the gentlecolt?” The princess allows her to be somewhat smitten for the moment to show her gratitude for the gesture that seemingly is lost on so many others, “Thank you sir, but as I was saying. Besides… there’s enough for both of us.”

The mouthing of any sort of words would be useless at this point seeing as the colt has already put it together of what exactly the princess means by this statement. Only meeting her rather charming glare with nothing more than an instant jaw to floor motion, and fumbling to pick it up. Midnight parts the servings in two for him to share, with the very pony that he apparently insulted the first time meeting her.

Serving the mare her own helping before indulging in his own. They both sit down, and few words hence forth are exchanged between one another while the meal takes place. The moment causing a distinct change in the colt’s mindset as he can even feel the purge of one he dreads to hear the most. Just like out in the forest, and so many times before that, the fresh tissue running down his throat and in to his system gives Midnight the extra strength he needs to push the presence of Shard out of his head for the time being. Not a lengthy solution like overloading himself, but it does help from time to time. Now only allowing his mind to be filled by his growing fascination with a mare that is currently on par with his level of depravity.

She’s eating faster than I do,’ Midnight thinks in his mind as he passes curious glances to Luna. Who now is, more or less, covered in a warm bloody ooze that flows out of the cut that she made. Clearly missing the taste of a fresh kill gracing her own lips, the princess laps up the excess on her hooves with her tongue, only drawing even more admiration from the colt, ‘That’s just-

Umm Midnight?” Luna pauses for a moment while attempting to pick a bone clean to point out the obvious on her companion, “Your wings are… ahh…”

Looking back at his appendages, Midnight finds that they have flared out to their fullest at the sight of the opposite sex now partaking in the forbidden act with him, and doing so with the utmost of enthusiasm. ‘Wing boner,’ the colt bites his lip, setting down his own meal for a second to tuck them back in as best he can, ‘How do I explain this one?’ he stalls, “Sorry about that… they’re…ahh.”

“Probably should keep that one between us?” She calms his worries with a wink to reassure the colt. Knowing full well what an aroused winged stallion looks like. Especially considering her own fumble when he was still in the cell, “After all, I don’t think my sister would find that display particularly amusing.”

“I can agree to that entirely,” He answers as they both share a light chuckle, brightening the mood. Soon finishing up their meal after the little interruption by his appendages, the pair take a moment to relax as they lean back in their chairs and enjoy the feeling of having their stomachs filled.

After a long exasperated sigh to clear a little room in his gut. The stallion tries to make conversation with the mare that so lovingly prepared it, “I didn’t think any pony would ever share a meal like this, let alone cook it themselves.”

“Well… before my banishment to the moon,” Luna continues with her own back story to try, and explain some of her behavior, “My guards partook in the act of eating another creature’s flesh. A rather forbidden thing at the time, and by the time I returned, it had been largely put out of practice,” She shrugs off while they remain at the table, “I on many occasions would dine with my own guards, and I have to say it was a rather… enjoyable, guilty pleasure.”

“Though you can cook a very pleasant cut of meat,” Midnight nods to her drawing a heartfelt giggle out of the princess who covers her mouth a bit at the odd sort of appreciation for what she did.

“It was nothing really,” Luna brushes off, “Not the first time I went out on the hunt.”

However, in all seriousness,” He pauses for a moment, and they both in fact, come to a halt now in speech. Extending his hoof across the table, Luna finds herself unable to see where he is going with this simple gesture. With a gentle hoof, Midnight lifts her own as he towers over the princess even in his seat, and kisses one of the mare’s royal slippers in a simple gesture of thanks, “With my most sincere appreciation. I thank you for what you did. I know of none that would have done the same.”

Words once again fail the princess as she shoots back, and forth between her heart stopping mid beat, and it deciding to go a mile a minute at the actions of the colt. The sweet act taking her by storm while she attempts to try, and carry on the conversation any way she can without falling to pieces in front of him once again.

At least there’s nothing in my mouth this time,’ she thanks her lucky stars, “It’s… really no problem, Midnight.”

Without even thinking, as her mind continues to dwell in the more passionate areas, Luna pulls herself across the table and wraps her hooves around the still stranger of a colt. Giving him a slight squeeze in the embrace, she breathes a sigh of relief from the level of comfort that she finds herself in as a result of the contact. “Next time you need a feeding, we could both go,” Luna proposes to him, “If you’d like?” The affectionate gesture throws him off as Midnight finds the act rather soothing, up until the point she pulled away to ask her question.

“Well I’ve never done that with another pony,” He scratches the back of his head. Finding it rather hard to resist the princess’s offer, “I would love to, Luna.”

Then it’s a date!” Luna nearly jumps up as she beams. Failing to catch herself before the words leave her mouth, “I mean…we could… ah…” before the mare can make a foal out of herself even more, she feels the heavy but soft touch of the stallion’s hoof press against her lips. Beckoning her to remain quiet as she listens to him.

“Why don’t we keep that between us as well? Mhmm?” he flashes a wink at the mare, while they both start to giggle like little foals from the play.

Luna eventually settles down enough to ask of something that she missed while on the hunt, and she was curious to hear about upon her return, “How did today with Princess Twilight go? Learn anything?”

“Good… you could say,” Midnight covers all that happened that day. The tests where his magic comes from, radiating from his heart, to where ever the spell is produced. The intriguing findings that most of his mind is shut off while casting a spell, all except the parts that harbor memory. Midnight even brings up about his own outburst, where he hurtled one of Equestria’s princesses across a room and almost in to a wall. However, the last part doesn’t even faze Luna, who expects that her sister’s student will continue to get in to more trouble than she may realize at times. Though upon hearing the colt mention the term ‘Broken mind’, after Twilight’s findings, Luna finds her own mind stuck, swearing up and down to herself that she’s heard that term before.

“And that’s pretty much it,” Her companion finishes off at the moment and snaps her back from her own thoughts.

Mhmm I see what you’re saying. Though I may have an answer for you,” Her mind walks around the thoughts in her head as she glances up at a clock in the room, and reads the time off in her head, “And it is far later than I would have imagined so…we really should be getting to bed then.”

The noticeable sigh on the colt, that seemed to be enjoying himself and the company he had, is easily apparent as the edges of his lips falls down the side of his face. While she, unknown to him, takes note of this. Midnight calmly gets up, and helps the mare clean up after what she did for him. Pressing that it is the least he could do while he carries the tray, and plates to follow her down the hall to the kitchen where she prepared it.

“Okay now you are going a little over board,” Luna teases him while the stallion takes a cloth in hoof, and runs the water to clean the dishes of their meal in the sink.

“It’s the polite thing to do, your majesty,” He grins back to her while finishing up the simple act. Rather rejuvenated after the nighttime feeding. Midnight places the sparkling clean plates up, and calmly walks back over to the mare who still stands near the doorway more, or less admiring his stature, and genuine kindness. Though to him it seems that she is only gawking from the plain, and humdrum motion of cleaning up after one’s self, “What? You seem like you never have seen someone act like a gentlecolt before?”

“Oh, sorry for staring,” She mumbles under her breath. Whisking the bangs of blue in front of her face to cover her expression, “For one who seemed so heartless when I first met them, you sure show that first impressions aren’t quite everything.”

Hehe,” He chuckles for a moment as they both step out in to the halls, “Well I have to thank my upbringing from what I remember that is.”

The noticeable change in his demeanor draws the princess’s attention even more, when the rather modest colt goes silent in an instant when it comes to mind. Luna looks him over once more, as she too feels more than awake after her own feeding, and decides to throw him a bone on the matter. If all else to fill her own curiosity.

‘It couldn’t hurt could it?’ She ponders at first while trying to at least give her some reason to it at all, ‘After all, if what’s wrong with him is correct, it may actually help. Perhaps give a starting point,’ “If you don’t mind though, Midnight,” Her soft words, and expression that she now shows proudly while pushing away the hair does her more joy than he may realize, “The time may be late, but if you would like, we don’t have to retire quite yet? I would like to talk to you on a similar matter. If you trust me to that is.”

Even though he knows that this may lead down a path that he doesn’t know much about himself. There are certain things that the strange stallion with the dark thoughts in his head, can answer for the mare, which seems to bring a light where ever she is present. Even if she oddly enough is the mare of the night. Silently overjoyed by the fact that she is not too weary, and willing to go further in to the night. Midnight bows his head slightly to address her request formally, and also, to prolong their time together.

“I trust you fully, Princess Luna,” he responds, “After all if I couldn’t trust you, than who could I?”

Not even bothering to think about his question the princess herself answers simply to him, “Well valid point. Although-” Luna halts for a second while looking either way down the halls to see if there perhaps is a guard walking about or even her sister. Once the coast is clear for her, and the colt. Luna motions him over to a different hallway all together, “Follow me… if we are going to chat. I would like to go somewhere else.”

Without even any questioning of her, Midnight follows the mare down the path way, and to where ever this wondrous, elegant night mare will take him.