• Published 12th Feb 2015
  • 1,038 Views, 11 Comments

Tales of a Brighton Phoenix - The Stainmore Phoenix



What happens when I am transported into Equestria long before the first episode? All sorts of Chaos Ensues

  • ...
12
 11
 1,038

16

Nightly guard duties were some of the best fun we had. I ended up paired with Malestrom and the two of us took Manehatten. Despite the town being huge, it was easy for us to cover, due to our wings. However, while Malestrom had superior hearing, I had superior sight pictures. It seemed that covering each end of the spectrum was what Nightmare Moon had intended.

“Keep your eyes peeled for any danger. Should something need both of us to handle, then find me, or if it's on my end, then I'll send a flare up,” I said.

“Understood,” Malestrom said.

We split the town in half and patrolled it in the most methodical way we knew how. This meant we worked at certain corners and met in the middle. The town was a tight bit hard to navigate with all the tall buildings and crappy lighting. By crappy lighting: I mean that the street lamps were so grimy the bright shine was dull, some of the lights were either stolen or burned out, vandalized and destroyed.

“Talk about the happiest place on earth,” I said.

Surprising, the scumbags seemed to disappear whenever I came close. I couldn't help by smile at that little thought, but it didn't last long. Turning down 5th and Mareison, I saw a pair of dirt bags aiming to hurt a couple. I sent up a flare and landed quietly behind the scumbags.

“HALT!”

Malestrom, you inglorious guardscolt. The assaulters stopped and turned, then tried to attack us. I dodged and nailed one of them in the back of the head, causing him to go crashing into trash bins. Malestrom roundhoused the second one and pinned him against the wall.

“Bastard,” the pinned scumbag hissed.

Malestrom slammed a hoof in the scumbag's mouth.

“There's a lady here!” he hissed.

I pinned his compatriot to the ground with magic and held him while I frisked his body for weapons. Finding a few weapons and even a list of ponies to rob. I lifted him off the ground and after the police arrived, we left the criminals and escorted the mare home.

After that, we went back and had to fill out reports, including the use of violence. Of course Nightmare Moon wasn't too bothered, but all the same, she sent us a letter, telling us to watch our strength.

“Stereotype 101-the male is a brute,” I said.

Malestrom chuckled. “Of course, dragon ponies are known for being brutish when pissed off,” he pointed out.

I had to chuckle at that. Of course the two of us would be chewed out, but we didn't care. Returning, I worked the ground while Malestrom took to the air. It felt good to pound along, using the sights to tell me all that I needed to know. Walking around, I noticed that the town seemed to quieten down after the run-in with the scumbags.

The next night, it was the same and so on down the weeks and months. There were times when me and Malestrom stood around eating chili cheese fries, drinking sodas and sometimes hovering in the air and patrolling. Even the prowl colts were impressed.

“For Nightmare Guards, you sure give us a run for our money,” they would say.

Malestrom chuckled at that, but I didn't. Quite frankly, I'd rather stick it out as a guard, not a cop. That way, I'd be able to get a little more physical and menacing. Granted, the armor being heavy gave us better advantage, but slowed us down.

One night, early in March, I perched on a rooftop and watched the quiet city streets. I swear, I felt more like a superhero than a guard. Malestrom would do a couple of circles before I took flight. The quiet of the moonlit city seemed to be something out of a dreamworld and not here in reality.

Maybe while we have this quiet period, it will give me time to answer a question I've been asked-How would the Many Worlds Interpretation affect My Little Pony?

The Many Worlds Interpretation states that there are worlds similar to ours or to the world we see in television.

An example would be this world I am in right now is a believable world, as there is are elements here which could happen in the show at any given time-Nightmare Moon being a hero and sister to Luna and Celestia, Cadence and Shining Armor adopting foals as well as being married and having a foal of their own, Celestia and Luna having siblings and a living parent and even other events that are bound to happen later on in this story.

Another example would be a world where Cadence and Chrysalis are married while Luna and Shining Armor are married. As for the human world adoptions, those range from abused children to fantasy fliers.

And to those who get their sweet jollies off, I have to mention the universes where the ChangelingxPony ship exists with sweet bondage fetishs up the Grand Canyon does exist. So to those who wanna have their Cadence bondage good times in the dead of night-have fun.

As for this universe, I'm waiting to see what going to happen between Mom, Dad, Chrysalis and the other Changelings, plus the other Hives. Hopefully things balance out to make Equestria better than it is in the show.

Anyway, Malestrom had come to find me and tell me that my mother and soon to be father had requested me and my sister.

“What for?” I asked.

“Nightmare Moon didn't say, she just sent her courier, Freezie Flora out here with the letter saying you are to go back to the castle,” he said.

Feeling my curiosity become more like a house, I flew back to HQ. Reaching the door, I was greeted by two Royal Guards who showed me in. Once in the castle's foyer, I found a couch and sat down. Twenty minutes later, Skyla appeared. After forty more minutes of waiting, Nightmare Moon, Cadence and Shining Armor appeared.

“You requested our presence?” Skyla asked.

“Brighton, Skyla, me and Shiny are getting married and we've talked with the other royals and it was agreed that you two be crowned at the same time,” Cadence said.

Me and Skyla nodded. I would say “It's about time for this to take place”, but I'm not exactly looking forward to that. I mean, me and my sister would be crowned Prince and Princess, which doesn't exactly fill me with happiness. Being crowned does bring out a bigger workload and can really stress a pony out.

Congratulations, Brighton, your swimming in the biggest ocean of stress and death you've ever seen, you snow white Thestral Alicorn dunce. When can I check into a mental institute?