• Published 10th Feb 2015
  • 3,422 Views, 67 Comments

My Little Maleficent - KidatHeart5



This is my ponified version of "Maleficent" starring Discord and Twilight Sparkle. Involves Fluttercord

  • ...
4
 67
 3,422

The Truth Revealed

A week later, Twilight made another visit to the Everfree Visit. Discord was painfully aware that this day happened to be her 16th birthday. While Twilight doted on a griffin, Discord swung on his swing to dull his pain. Alas, it didn’t do any good. Finally, he beckoned, “Twilight, would you come here please?” The unicorn faced him and walked towards him. She sat on the roots of the tree that held Discord and his swing.

Twilight asked, “Yes? What is it?” Discord sighed as he continued swinging, “There is an evil in this world, and I cannot keep you from it.” She asked, “What kind of evil?” He gulped, “An evil that will stop at nothing to get rid of you.” Twilight didn’t like the sound of it, which made what she would say next all the sweeter.

“If it helps, I know what I want for my birthday,” she said. Discord asked nonchalantly, “Oh, and what’s that?” Twilight smiled, “I want to live in the forest with you.” He said indifferently, “Well, that’s nice and…” He paused at what she just said and turned to her saying, “What?” He used his tail to grab onto a root and stop himself from swinging. He asked again, “What did you say?”

Twilight repeated, “I want to live in the Everfree Forest with you.” Discord smiled and thought, Yes! This would be perfect! She won’t have to prick her hoof and fall into an endless sleep! She can stay here with me! He said, “Of course you can stay here. You can stay here for the rest of your life, if you want!”

The unicorn jumped for joy and cried, “Oh, thank you, fairy godfather! This is the best present you ever gave me!” Discord was happy, and yet he felt a slight twinge of guilt. He knew that this “gift” would keep her from fulfilling the first “gift”, the worst gift he had ever given her.

Deep in the woods outside of the Everfree Forest, Twilight was practicing in front of a tree. She said, “Dear aunts, I know you love me very much and since I’m now 16, I must break this to you. I want to live outside the cottage because I’m capable of taking care of myself. I hope you understand this and I’m grateful that you’ve taken care of me all these years. Yes, that’s how I’m going to word it.”

She began to make her way home until something crashed into her. She heard a voice apologize, “I’m so sorry. I hope I didn’t hurt you too badly.” Twilight shook her head from the shock, “No, it’s okay. I think I’m going to be…” She trailed off when she looked up to see two gorgeous blue eyes, “…fine…”

A young strapping Pegasus in gold armor helped her up as she still stared at him in amazement. He said, “I don’t think I’ve seen a unicorn mare like you out in the woods. What’s your name?” Twilight blushed and answered, “It’s…Twilight. Twilight Sparkle.” The Pegasus saluted as he gave his name, “Flash Sentry. I was on my way to Shining Armor’s castle, but I’ve never been in these woods before.”

He blushed as he continued, “That’s probably why I flew into you like that.” Twilight chuckled, “Think nothing of it. I’ve spent my whole life exploring these woods. I can direct you to the castle, if you like.” Flash Sentry beamed, “That’d be great!” Twilight gave him directions and they promised to meet again soon.

Discord watched from behind a bush as Flash Sentry flew off. Spike repeatedly hooted and bumped into him. Discord waved him off, “Spike, shush! Shh-shh! Stop that!” He grabbed Spike and sandwiched the owl’s head between his paw and claw. The owl retaliated by pecking his claw.

The draconequus cried, “Ow! Don’t do that!” Finally being fed up with Spike’s actions, he snapped his fingers and turned him back into a dragon. Spike pointed towards Twilight and said, “That’s it! There’s our answer! He could give Twilight true love’s kiss.”

Discord scoffed, “Oh, Spike, you should know by now as well as I do that true love’s kiss doesn’t exist. I only put that in the curse to make it unbreakable.” Spike asked, “But what about Fluttershy? Don’t you love her?” Discord became silent for a moment. When he was about to snap his fingers, Spike said, “You can change the way I look, but not the way I feel.” Discord dropped his paw and let Spike walk away.

*****

Back at the cottage, the three fillies were fretting over preparing for the birthday surprise. Apple Bloom ordered, “Come on, guys! Twilight’s gonna be back any minute now!” Scootaloo grunted, “I’m trying! It’s not easy baking a cake, you know!” Sweetie Belle pointed out, “Or decorations.” She held out the poorly-made streamers, to which the other two fillies grimaced.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and the girls gasped. Twilight opened the door and said, “I’m back.” The fillies lined up in front of her and cried, “Happy birthday!” Sweetie Belle levitated a cake towards Twilight and said, “I know you were probably expecting more, since today’s a very special day.” The purple unicorn smiled, “I know it is, which is why I want to tell you something.” The girls asked, “What?” Twilight announced, “I’m moving away from the cottage.”

The fillies stood gaping and Sweetie Belle was so stunned she dropped the cake. She cried, “But you can’t go yet! It’s not even sunset!” Twilight asked in half-confusion, “Why, yes. That’s why I need to leave before dark.” The fillies looked at each in defeat and Apple Bloom sighed, “Twilight, I think it’s time we told you somethin’.”


With a panicked and despaired look on her face, Twilight rushed to the woods. In a glade, she called out, “Fairy Godfather! Fairy Godfather, I need to see you right now!” Moments later, Discord burst from the brush and asked alarmingly, “What is it, my dear? Are you hurt? Has there been a fire? Are there thieves about? Let me at them!”

Twilight shook her head and denied, “No, it’s not like that. I need to ask you something.” Discord leaned in closer to her and asked, “Ask me anything you want, dear. After all, it is your birthday.” Twilight looked at him anxiously and asked, “That’s just it. When were you going to tell me I was cursed?”

Discord’s heart dropped and he scratched his neck with his claw. He answered her uneasily, “Oh, um…probably not till next week, a few months from now. Maybe next year?” Twilight continued, “My aunts said it was an evil creature. I-I can’t remember his name. I think it was…”

“Discord?” he shrugged, finishing her sentence. When he realized what he said, his hands flew to his mouth and his pupils shrank. Twilight asked, now at the verge of tears, “Is that you? Are you Discord?” Discord’s voice became a whisper and he reached out towards her as he pleaded, “Twilight, please let me explain…”

Twilight pulled back from him and choked, “No! Don’t touch me! You’re the evil that’s in the world! It’s you!” She let out a sob as she ran from him. Discord thought to himself, Now you’ve really done it, Discord. You’ve probably lost the only mare who cared about you next to Fluttershy. If she was here…

Suddenly, he realized something and continued thinking, If he was here… Discord called out as he retreated into the wood, “Spike! Find that colt! We must save Twilight from a horrible fate!”

Author's Note:

I must confess: I based the "thieves" line from DF's "Bride of Discord". Get ready to meet the mystery villain in the next chapter!