• Published 10th Feb 2015
  • 3,423 Views, 67 Comments

My Little Maleficent - KidatHeart5



This is my ponified version of "Maleficent" starring Discord and Twilight Sparkle. Involves Fluttercord

  • ...
4
 67
 3,423

Protecting the Forest

Soon after the first time they met, Fluttershy and Discord began seeing each other. He’d sneak her into the forest and showed her all around his world. Years passed and their bond grew. Fluttershy even got her cutie mark taking care of the creatures. Then, on her sixteenth birthday, she gave Discord something that was very precious: true love’s first kiss. Alas, something would soon stand in the way of their romance.

Fluttershy soon started visiting less and less, with her brother living at the castle as a squire. Discord couldn’t understand the importance of status and getting ahead in society. However, he was yet to learn. When Fluttershy stopped visiting, he never forgot her. He even spent his days in the forest thinking about her. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her, and he would get that chance one fateful day…

Discord flew around the woods, completely free of any thought. He could soar easily without ever thinking of it. Flying always invigorated him when he needed to feel free. When he was above the ground, he felt all of his stresses vanish into thin air. He twirled his way into the clouds and stopped when he was on top of them. He could feel the breeze rushing against his face and the sunlight gave him an ethereal glow. He relished this for a few moments before plunking down onto a cloud and snapped up an exotic drink in a coconut.

But before he could drink out of it, he saw something that caught his eye. He made his drink vanish and moved slowly forward in the clouds in front of him. As he peeked out of the clouds, he saw something disturbing. It looked like a cloud, but it was moving on the ground. Immediately, Discord knew this meant trouble.

Armies of armored unicorns and Pegasi advanced towards the border of the Everfree Forest. Among these vast rows of stallions was the leader, King Sombra. With an evil look in his eye, he shouted to his soldiers, “My armies, we have conquered every last bit of Equestria except for the Everfree Forest! But today, we shall succeed in taking it as ours!” The stallions gave a cheer, but these cheers were soon cut short by a voice that cried, “Not if I have anything to say about it!”

The soldiers looked in all directions before they looked up to see a creature swooping in out of the sky. He was a most peculiar creature, with a horse’s head, deer antler, goat leg, and a large fang protruding from his lip. As he landed on a rock that stood between the forest and the armies, King Sombra scoffed, “And just who you might be?” The draconequus stated, “I am Discord, and I demand that you leave this forest alone!” The king only laughed, “Your fight is futile, Discord. You cannot possibly win!” Discord smirked, “We shall see about that.”

He threw his arms out and cried out, “I call on those who live in the shadows. Fight with me now!” As if an answer to his request, an army of Minotaurs appeared out of the woods. The armies were slightly stunned at the fearsome creatures, but there were more to come. To their surprise, a Tatzlwurm burst out of the ground beside Discord and gave a shrieking roar to the armies. If that wasn’t enough to intimidate the stallions, Timberwolves soon emerged from the darkened woods! King Sombra, though considerably daunted, gave out the order, “Attack!”

The stallions galloped to meet the creatures of the Everfree Forest. As the battle began, Discord took to the air and saw the field from above. When the armies and creatures met and engaged in physical combat, the draconequus soon was part of the action. He fended off the Pegasi and unicorns with the most unusual things: cream pies, boxing gloves, a wheel that rotated boots, water guns, whatever the works. He only hurt the ponies and was careful not to inflict serious damage on them. However, the same couldn’t be said for King Sombra.

The king used his dark magic to harm Discord’s comrades. As soon as the draconequus saw this, he turned to King Sombra and rushed to face him head-on. The unicorn produced a black blast of magic, but Discord conjured up a bat and hit it back to the king. The blast took a toll on the king as he lied on the ground, unable to move. He could only pant as Discord came up to him and said, “Aur revoir, Your Majesty.” When he grabbed the king’s armored neck, Discord cried out as a blast drove him back.
As soon as he regained his senses, he looked at his blackened paw. He remembered that one particular stone that could do this to him was labradorite. It was what Fluttershy wore on her necklace the day she met him. He should’ve paid more attention to the armor King Sombra wore; it had three labradorite stones in a column that lined the king’s neck armor. He sighed of relief as the armies retreated when they found that their king was injured. Discord knew that his paw would heal, but he was worried now that Sombra knew of his weakness.