• Published 10th Feb 2015
  • 4,207 Views, 147 Comments

Midnight's wish - Sugarcube66



When a young filly turns up on Twilight's doorstep, in the middle of a stormy night, coated in bruises, Twilight takes her in but is in for a shock when she discovers who the filly is.

  • ...
14
 147
 4,207

Grades and promises.

Ever since Midnight received her new room, her thoughts have only been on her sisters. She really wanted to reunite with Midday, it had been an entire month after all. Her thoughts, however, were so focused on Midday that her school work was suffering and today she was getting her winter term grades.

The school day when quick for the young filly, till eventually the day ended and everypony was given their grades. Night didn't even look at the sheet before she stuffed it into her bag, carefully of cause, and ran to meet up with Nyx to walk home. The pair hurried home, they had something to do that evening with the crusaders and wanted to get there as soon as possible.

They entered the door of the castle and dropped their bags just outside of the living room door where Twilight was. As the fillies rushed upstairs to get ready, Twilight came out and picked up their bags as she said. ''I wonder what their grades are.''

She levertaited the bags into the living room, taking the grade sheets from within them and scanning over them. She looked at Nyx's first, which in her eyes was pretty good. Mostly a straight A but with a single B in science. The mare smiled, before cracking open Night's grade sheet.

'Lets see what she did.

History:A. Looks like those study groups we did were pretty good.

English:B. Well, not the A I had expected but still pretty good.

Geography:A. Wow, her grades in History and Geography are pretty good. I wonder if her Religious Education grade is the same.

Science:B. I'm not too surprised there, it's obvious her mom taught her little to nothing and what she has learnt comes from me and the school. But lets look at the split version.

Biology:C. Wow, that's low. Wait there's a comment from Cheerilee. ''Twilight, it seems that Biology is Midnight's weakest point of science. It seems that she believes in other things, other then what is necessary.'' Wow, that's not very good. I'll have to go other that with her. But, lets see the other two.

Chemistry:B. Hmm, almost prefect.

Physics:A. That's very good, I'm gonna have to reward her for these A's.

Religious Education:D. Wow, that's pretty bad. Well, lets look over the note. ''Twilight, much like with Biology. Midnight seems to know things that aren't necessary. I do hope you come up with a solution because while it may sound harsh, this cannot go on.'' That's not very good, I'm gonna have to talk to her about these.

Spelling:100%. Wow, she's definitely gonna get some sort of reward.

Maths:F. How in Equestria did she get a F in Maths, we tried so hard with this subject.' Twilight thought as she gasped at the very bad Maths' grade. The mare was thinking about simply talking with Midnight, like she was gonna do with Religious Education and Biology but her eye caught a note that was attached to the Maths' grade.

I am sorry to inform you, Twilight but your newest daughter is having some harsh difficulties with Maths. I'm not sure what the problem is but when they were doing the test, I had to give Midnight more time to complete it. It's such a shock, unlike in Biology and Religious Education, she generally doesn't understand most of the subject. I will be keeping Midnight behind on Wednesdays to try to get on top of this issue before it gets any worse. I do hope you inform her and also try and work with her yourself. Cheerilee.

''Well, I'll have to tell her.'' said Twilight, out-loud.

''Tell who?'' asked a voice, and Twilight turned to see Nyx with Night.

''Night, I have something to tell you. Do you see your Maths grade?'' said Twilight, as she showed the filly the grade.

''...W-what about it?'' asked Night, confused.

''This isn't very good for a filly of your age group, so Cheerilee is gonna keep you behind after school to try and improve your grades and I'm gonna keep you in at weekends too.''

''B-but....what about the Crusaders.....''

''They'll have to put up with it. Night, you need to understand that an F isn't good enough.''

Night's eyes filled with tears and she bolted to her bedroom. In her eyes, Twilight didn't understand. And to her, her grades weren't the issue around here, it was finding her missing sister. She laid on her bed, tears streaming from her eyes as she began to recall the events of the day, she and Midday got separated.

A knock on the door drew Night from her thoughts. She glanced at the door as a voice came through. ''Can I come in?'' It was Twilight, Night looked down and considered letting her adoptive mom in.

''Um...OK....''

Twilight walked in, a sad expression clean on her features. The mare walked over to the bed and sat down next to the small filly before speaking. ''I'm sorry about that, Night. I'm just so focus on helping your grades, I didn't even consider your feelings. I had it easy with Nyx, she loves learning, in fact she particularly thrives on it. So, I wasn't expecting to have a filly who wasn't as keen on learning as me and Nyx.''

''...Um....it's not that.....I adore learning, mainly because my mother.....................never let me learn so learning nowadays is a amazing thing for me. But....me distraction is my missing sister. When you made my......room, I remembered her and Now, I want to reunite with her. But because of my........ thoughts being on her, my grades suffered.''

''I see, well. I wish I could help you with that but at this point in time, I do not know where your sister is. I barely know what she looks like, but now that I think about it. I sometimes see my friend, Zecora's daughter with a filly about your size who has brown and red coloring and when, I get close enough. I see blue eyes. Maybe, but I can't be sure.''

''...Your description reminds me of Midday.....'' murmered the small filly. ''She....was about my size with a.........brown coat, red hair and blue eyes.''

''Well, I do hope you reunite with her because when you do, I'll adopt her so you can be together forever.'' said Twilight, as she nuzzled the filly. ''But right now, we need to focus more on your grades. How about an agreement, I'll try and find Midday Wish for you and you focus on your grades. Promise?''

Night considered this for a moment before speaking. ''Promise....Thank you, mommy...''

Author's Note:

Okay, RE sure. Celestia almost the god of Equestria so why wouldn't they have Religious Education.

*Giggle* Midnight's science grades are the exact opposite of mine.