• Published 10th Feb 2015
  • 4,201 Views, 147 Comments

Midnight's wish - Sugarcube66



When a young filly turns up on Twilight's doorstep, in the middle of a stormy night, coated in bruises, Twilight takes her in but is in for a shock when she discovers who the filly is.

  • ...
14
 147
 4,201

Birthday party

A few days past from the day Night told Twilight about her past and now it was the 17 of november. The alicorn had somehow gotten her daughter out of her train of thought to get her to go to Sugar Cube Corner. The filly had a confused expression on her face, but she followed Twilight. ''Mommy....why are we going to Pinkie's shop?.....''

''You'll see, Night. Now come on.''said Twilight to her daughter, who walked into the building.

Midnight looked around, it was pitch black. She didn't know what to think, but suddenly the rest of the Mane 6, Cheese Sandwich, Discord, the CMC, Screwball, Surprise and Conny popped out from every corner, as the lights switched on. ''Surprise!''

Night jumped and hid behind Twilight, who giggled and whispered some calming words to the little filly. Night walked out and looked around, fear filling her eyes. She didn't know what it was, but she had a good feeling that it was a party. The confetti and balloons that scattered the room were clues to her.

Pinkie came over with a smile. ''It's your birthday party, you scaredy filly.'' As she spoke, she placed a party hat on the filly's head, a party had that was blue with bows and wands decorating it.

''B-but....''

''Don't you say that parties are sinful.'' said Pinkie, putting a hoof over the filly's mouth. ''Now, come on. Presents! Open mine, my husband's and the twin's first.''

The pink party pony grabbed a pink present that was wrapped with a brown bow from the pile of multicolored presents and gave it to the filly, who stared at it with confusion. Pinkie giggled, and grabbed a chair for the filly to sit in. Night did so, and continued to look down at the present in her hooves. ''Open it!'' yelled Pinkie, full of excitement.

Night unwrapped the wrapping paper and bow from the present and gasped when she saw the present itself. It was a thick book, with a golden title of spells. She hadn't expected Pinkie to buy her a spell book. ''If you're confused, it was your mother's idea but she choose a different present so I got you it instead.''

''Oh, thank you, Auntie........ Pinkie...Uncle...Cheese....Surprise....and Conny. Thank you, mommy....''

Fluttershy smiled and took the present that was rested on her back, a big pink wrapped box with a yellow bow. She gave the present to the small filly. She smiled gently and said. ''It's the present from me, Discord and Screwball. We wanted you to have something that you could be responsible for but also something to make you happier.''

Night blinked in confusion but unwrapped the present. She wasn't expected a noise to erupt from the present or for the lid to fly off. She gasped in some shock when she saw the present, a black kitten wearing a blue bow. ''Her name's Star, her owners left her but I can't see a better pony to be her new owner.'' said Fluttershy, with a smile.

''Thank you...Auntie...Fluttershy.'' said the filly, before turning to Discord and Screwball. ''Thank you all....''

''Now, it's mah turn.'' said Applejack, as she picked up her present from the pile. It was a green present that was designed with apples and didn't have a bow like the others. She gave it to Night, who looked at it curiously. ''It just something that ah made with a little help from yer Auntie Rarity.''

The filly listened as she opened the present. She picked up the present and it unfolded itself to become a long filly-sized blanket, that was green with zap apples designed into it. She smiled gently at Applejack. ''Thank you, Auntie....AJ....and for helping Auntie AJ....thank you, Auntie Rarity.''

Rainbow grinned, as she flew above the pile and took her present, a rainbow colored one. She flew down and landed in front of Night, who looked a little surprised. The cyan pegasus handed the filly the present before going to stand by Twilight. ''My present works with Applejack's, just so you know.''

The filly nodded, before opening the present. Rainbow was right, the present did work with Applejack's. It was a white pillow with a rainbow going diagonally across the pillow. Night smiled and hugged the present, before saying gently. ''Thank you, Auntie Rainbow Dash for this soft present.''

''Well, I guess I'll go now.'' said Rarity, who smiled at the white filly. She grabbed her present, which was blue with a more than a couple bows over it. The unicorn then handed it to the pegasus filly, who smiled. ''I made it myself, after getting the information from Twilight about what you liked.''

Night nodded, and like all the others, opened the present. The present was a five year old filly-sized onesie, that would fit her perfectly. The onesie was blue and designed with stars, that trailed the sleeves. It was also designed with drawn on bows, that were white against the blue body of the onesie, and it was also designed with a couple red drawn on wands. Overall, it was amazing and it made Night smiled. ''Thank you....Auntie Rarity.''

''Hey! Hey! Can the Crusaders go now?'' asked Applebloom. Her wish was granted and the energetic earth pony went to grab her present. A yellow and red striped one. The ten year old handed the present to her nine year old fellow crusader. ''After finally earnin' mah mark, ah made this and wanted ya to have it.''

Night nodded, and opened the present. A smile brighten on her face and she hugged Applebloom. The present was a apple framed painting of a starry night, painted with such care and texture that it even made Rarity smile. ''Thank you, Applebloom. This is amazing....I'll treasure it....''

''Oh! Oh! My turn!'' said Sweetie Belle, as she grabbed her pink and purple spotted white present. The unicorn filly smiled brightly as she bounced over to the sitting pegasus filly, and gave the present to her. ''It just something that I brought together last minute but I hope that you like.''

Night looked at the small packet of a present and opened it. She smiled when she saw the present, a CD that had the words written on it; Sweetie Belle's favorite lullabies in big bold pink and purple letters. ''Mommy, do we...... have a CD........player here?'' asked the little filly, kindly.

''I believe so. Pinkie, can you get me your CD player?'' said the alicorn, to her friend.

''Sure, Twi. Be right back down.'' said Pinkie, before bolting up the staircase and coming right back down with two 3 year old foals, that were Pumpkin and Pound Cake, carrying the CD player. ''Pound, Pumpkin. Put the CD player in front of the small filly sitting down then you can go back upstairs.''

The filly and colt nodded and placed the CD player down in front of Night, who smiled. Pumpkin smiled at Night, before Pound dragged her back up the stairs. Night placed the CD into the player, and listen to the first song. It was Sweetie Belle singing her version of 'Hush Now! Quiet Now!' but in a better voice. ''Thank you....for this present....Sweetie Belle....'' said Night, before she hugged Sweetie.

The pegasus filly left the CD playing. Scootaloo was next in the group to bring her present, it had been wrapped in orange and purple swirl wrapping paper. The orange pegasus smiled at Night, before she gave the present to her. ''It just something that I had when I was younger but I've grown too old for her it.''

Night smiled, and opened the present. It was a simple brown teddy bear with a blue bow tied around it's next. The filly looked at it with a smile and that was when she noticed the silver jewel that was attached to the bow that contained the words 'Scootaloo'. Night smiled and hugged Scootaloo, whilst saying. ''Thank you, Scootaloo.....I'll treasure it....''

Dinky and Twist giggled as they came up together. They were each carrying one present though small; Dinky's yellow and periwinkle and Twist's white and red. Night opened the two presents to see some Candy Canes from Twist and some muffins from Dinky. She giggled a little and said. ''Thank you, girls.''

The pair walked back to the group and let the newest member walk up, with a sad smile on her face. It was Silver Spoon carrying a small silver wrapped present, that had a single blue bow attached to it, in her hooves. Night smiled a little, and said. ''It's alright....Silver...you were being....forced into it....''

Silver smiled and walked up to the filly and gave the present to her newest friend. ''It's just something that I wanted to give you, the CMC don't even know about it.''

Night just smiled and opened the present. What it was made a couple of tears leak from her eyes. It was a picture frame containing a picture of the CMC wearing their capes, and Silver Spoon was there with a little smile as she wore her new cape. ''Thank you...Silver Spoon, this is an amazing gift.'' said Night, as she hugged the silver filly.

The next few presents were from her family. Nyx was first, carrying a black and purple present in her hooves. The alicorn filly looked down at her little sister before saying. ''This is something to make you look cuter, little sis.'' Night smiled and opened the little present to see two sea blue ribbons. Nyx took the ribbons from the filly's hooves, and without telling the filly what she was doing, put the filly's hair up into pigtails with the ribbons. ''There! I'd knew you would look cuter. Take a look'' said Nyx, giving Night a mirror.

Night looked at her hair in the mirror with a shocked expression, before smiling and hugging her older sister, mumbling under her breath. ''Thank you.....''

Spike was next, because Twilight wanted to go last. He was carrying a unwrapped present that the CMC gasped a little at, it was Smarty Pants, Twilight's old doll. The baby dragon gave to doll to Night, who looked at it with curious eyes. ''I had to Twilight's permission first but here you go, little Midnight.''

''Thank you, Spike.'' said Night, as she hugged him gently.

''Looks like it's my turn now.'' said Twilight as she walked over with a small present that was wrapped in blue wrapping paper and had a little bow on it. The alicorn nuzzled the daughter, and smiled ''I hope you like it, my Midnight.''

Night smiled and opened her last present. A little gasped escaped her throat as she looked down at the present with tears of joy filling up her golden eyes. It was a blue wand that was starshaped and had a bow wrapped around the golden stick. She looked up at Twilight and said with a joyful voice. ''Thank you, mommy.''

''Wanna try it out, or wait till later. After all, it is getting a little late and I have a date tonight.''

''I'll wait if you have a date, mommy....but who with?''

''Not telling, you'll find out.'' said Twilight, with a giggle.

Author's Note:

Okay, if you haven't figure it out from this chapter. Night's favorite color is blue, mainly sea blue because she has always wanted to go to the seaside. And as for Night's sister, Midi (As I'm calling her) will be appearing in a few chapters time, first I have to figure out how and plus, I hope you don't hate me but I am going to add some romance in for Twilight, possible with....Dash cause I haven't wrote a Twidash fic before.