• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 9,347 Views, 1,025 Comments

Sunny, Moonie, Twily - Jetto



Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and Moondancer are best friends, living in a dorm together.

  • ...
16
 1,025
 9,347

PreviousChapters Next
Q&A Part 0: Introduction

DUE TO HEAVY USAGE OF COLORED FONTS, IT IS ADVISED TO SET YOUR BROWSER FORMATTING TO DARK OR ULTRA DARK.

"Hello, our dear readers and welcome to the first exciting episode of..."

"Sunny!"

"Moonie!"

"Twily!"

"Q&A!"

Three Maresketeers were sitting at a small table in their dorm room, happily smiling at their lovely audience. And considering there was nopony else in the room, that meant that the audience was actually the readers themselves. Yes, you, the one reading those words. We do realize this is not a visual medium and there are no cameras or such, which is why we would appreciate it if you stretched your imagination and suspension of disbelief a little harder this time.

"You're probably wondering why there's an update this early, or what happened to the twentieth chapter..."

"...or fourth wall..."

"...then worry no longer, the story proper will continue... eventually. But in the meantime, we decided to give a little, ehem, 'service' to our dear, beloved fans and we're making a..."

"Q&A!"

"Why do we always have to yell that together?"

Moondancer shrugged. "Because it's fun?"

Twilight cleared her throat. "Anyway, the rules are simple. You ask us a question in the comment section of this chapter, prefixed with a hashtag #askmaresketeers..."

"This site doesn't support hashtags."

"...and we'll answer it in, uh, eventually. It shouldn't take too long, I think."

"Basically it's like a image-less version of a tumblr blog."

"What's a 'tumblr'?" The two asked. Moondancer rolled her eyes and ignored them.

Shaking that question away, Twilight conjured, you guessed it, a checklist. "Now, let's get a few things straight before we begin..." She donned a pair of reading glasses (which she doesn't need) and ignored Moondancer and Sunset Shimmer groaning. "...first of all, as you can probably tell, this and any other chapter of..."

"Q&A!"

Small, awkward pause later. "...yes, it's entirely non-canon. Nothing that happens here will ever be referenced or have any bearing on the actual plot of the series."

"Unless it's a really lame meta joke."

"There is a plot?"

"In layman’s terms: 'just roll with it'."

Moondancer hummed. "So, since nothing's canon here, does that mean that if I suddenly hug-tackle Sunset and start making out with her right here, right now, none of this will matter and nopony will remember it?"

"Uh, I guess."

"Which means somepony could, in theory, rip out someponies' hoof and bludgeon her with it till she collapses unconscious from agony in a pool of her own blood, and all of that will be retconned the next chapter?"

"Uhh..."

Moondancer smiled sheepishly. "Point taken!"

After a moment passed, Twilight shook her head and continued. "Let's get over some ground rules for asking questions. First of all, no questions about the future of any of the storylines!"

"You don't want spoilers, do you?"

"Second, this is a Sunny, Moonie, Twily..."

"Q&A!"

Pause. "...that, so we won't answer any questions about those six guys in Ponyville or what they're doing."

"And thank heavens for that! There's only so much I can listen about Shining Idiot before I need to barf!"

Twilight coughed. "That also means we won't be able to answer any stuff related to the writer."

"Writers!"

"Right, plural. Well, that about wraps it up! Remember to use the hashtag #askmaresketeers..."

"Again, this site has no hashtag function!"

"...and ask us anything you want. Well, anything as long as it's not too... inappropriate..."

"What she meant to say is, ask us ALL the inappropriate questions you want. We'll be happy to answer them all." She winked.

"SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!"

"Well anyway, bye everpo-, I mean, everybody! See ya next in the chapter of..."

"Q&A!"

The trio waved to the audience and the recording ended.


"Twily, why is our dialogue all colored?"

"Probably to save time and space that would be normally used for narration."

"Isn't tagging every sentence with different color taking a bunch of time, equal to narrating?"

Yes. It is. And now I know.

"...and knowing is half the battle."

Moondancer and Twilight looked at Sunset, confused. "What?"

"I dunno. I just felt... compelled to say that. Weird."

Author's Note:

No, really, what they said. Be sure to send your questions in the comments, prefixed by a hashtag #askmaresketeers.

PreviousChapters Next