• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 9,347 Views, 1,025 Comments

Sunny, Moonie, Twily - Jetto



Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and Moondancer are best friends, living in a dorm together.

  • ...
16
 1,025
 9,347

PreviousChapters Next
2. The Sock!

While walking on the hallway towards their dorm room, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer passed by a clique of their classmates.

"Hey Twilight." They waved and greeted at the purple unicorn, then groaned and narrowed their eyes when looking at Sunset Shimmer. Twilight waved back at them, while Sunset just rolled their eyes.

"Geez, some ponies just don't know when to let go." She muttered.

"Look at it from their point of view," said Twilight "it's a little hard to let go when a... ekhem, miscast spell burns your eyebrows."

"I refuse to apologize for a simple mistake more than three times!" She pouted and accelerated her trot. "And they had it coming for ridiculing my essay! I didn't hear THEM apologize for hurting MY feelings! Unlike some stupid hair, those don't grown back with a simple spell!"

Twilight rolled her eyes and giggled. She turned to Sunset as they finally reached the door to their room.

"Since when do you care when somepony makes fun of your work?" She asked, reaching out for the doorknob.

"I don't." She shrugged, glancing at the door. "But in front of the class and teacher, that was just... just... NO!" She yelled, as her eyes shot open and she slapped the purple hoof of the doorknob. Twilight recoiled and massaged her hoof.

"Sunset! What's the big idea?" She asked and was about to complain a lot more, but she stopped once she saw the terrified, pale gaze of her usually laidback friend. "Sunset?"

The firey-maned unicorn swallowed, took a few steps back from the door and pointed at it, hoof trembling. Twilight raised an eyebrow and looked at the direction in question, wondering what sparked such a reaction. And when she saw it, her face went pale as well.

"GAH!" She jumped away from the door and joined Sunset Shimmer in trembling in fear. "Ohmygosh, I almost... almost... ugh!"

The two sighed with relief after the tragedy was averted in time. Sunset Shimmer's stomach was churning just remembering the last time she didn't notice...

...The Sock!


Last time!

"Hey Moondancer, did you see my yellow notebook anywhe...whe...whe...whe..." Sunset stopped on her tracks and her eyes shot wide, as she entered their room to encounter her friend, lying in her bed in the middle of the afternoon. Not alone.

"Oh, uh, hey Sunny!" Moondancer greeted her friend while blushing profoundly and trying to cover herself with bedsheets. "I uh... I think they're in the drawer..." She said, all the while her friend stood in the same spot, muttering the same, uniteligeble word over and over again. "Yeah, hehe... aaaawkwaaaard!"

Suddenly, the bedsheets started rustling, until a figure emerged from under it. The unicorn stallion took a deep breath.

"Woah, warn me before that kind of play... oh, hiya Sunset!" He waved toward the paralyzed mare.

Moondancer's sheepish smile grew.

"Oh, uh... haha, I... I can explain?" She couldn't, as her bedsheets started rustling again.

"Ugh, I could barely breathe in there... oh, hey Sunset!"

And again.

"Yo babe!"

And again.

"Hola, chica!"

And again.

"Ohayou, Sanusetto-chan!"

They stared at each other for a moment longer, until.

"Yo Moonie, yer friend gonna join us or what?"

She fainted.


Twilight patted her friend, who at that point was at the verge of crying.

"Hush now, sweetie, nopony will hurt you ever again."

"Ponies... don't... bend that... way..." She muttered for a while longer.

But with that crisis averted, another one appeared.

"Our homeworks are in there!" Twilight noted. "And class starts in ten minutes!"

"I'M NOT GOING IN THERE!" She cried, stepping back until she collided with the wall.

"Neither am I!"

The two backed away from the door, still glaring at the sock stuck at the door. It was barely noticeable, one could pass by and either ignore it completely, or shrug it as simple, accidental mess. But to those initiated, it was anything but.

Living in dorms had its good sides. Like being close to the academy, sharing rooms with ponies your age, having a great place for studying without your parents or siblings constantly disturbing you, not to mention having a very well maintained cafeteria and various other venues at hoofs' reach. The bad side was that you shared a room with different individuals and some of them happen to have... 'hobbies' that might clash with your lifestyle. One that involved members of opposite gender and certain activities. Both of which were prohibited on the campus. Also, icky, especially for those who were yet to indulge in them.

However, a true friend would find a way to reach a compromise. In the case of Three Maresketeers (as trio was called these parts) the rules were simple- no tresspasers when Sunset or Twilight were home. On the days they had extra classes however, Moondancer was permitted to have 'guests', but she had to mark the territory with a single white sock stuck in between the doors. They all agreed to this (reluctantly) and it has been a staple in their lives since. It was only on emergency occasions though- since the last fiasco, Moondancer made sure to spend as much of her 'quality' time outside the dorms (or at least outside her room) as possible.

"Oh, I know!" Twilight beamed as she had an idea. "I'll just use an an 'Object Teleportation' on our homeworks!"

Spellbook entry #363: Object Teleportation: Allows the caster to teleport small objects to him/herself from a limited distance. The caster must be familiar with both the object in question and their detailed location. The size and distance vary upon caster's ability.

Difficulty rating: 2/5

Twilight concentrated on the spell and her horn sparkled with purple energy... and then fizzled out.

"Huh? It didn't work?" She shook her head and tried again, with no positive results as well.

"Lemme try." Sunset tried to do the same, but failed as well. "Ugh, it's not working! Something's blocking me!"

"Wait a minute!" Twilight went closer to the door and scanned it with her magic. "She cast a Cloaking Sphere on the room!"

Spellbook entry #211: Cloaking Sphere: Caster surrounds a room with an invisible magical field and chooses specific targets. When contained within the area of the field, all targets of the spell are immune to magical detection. Also, spells cast from outside the field trying to influence objects within it will be prevented, unless a considerable amount of mana is applied. The area and duration of the field vary upon caster's ability.

Difficulty rating: 4/5

"Ugh, of all the spells she had to master!" Sunset facehooved, blaming Moondancer's libido for finding a way to stealthily copulate without getting detected by hall monitors or teachers when using magic. It was as impressive as it was disgusting. "Now what are we going to do?"

The two stared at the door for a longer while. Clock was ticking and class was about to start. Finally, Twilight stepped forward and swallowed.

"I'm going in!" She declared, looking at the door with a gaze full of determination.

"No, you fool! Don't do it!"

"No Sunset, I must! Our grades depend on it!"

She reached for the doorknob, her hoof closing in, one inch at a time. A few drops of sweat gone through her head. Her heart was beating fast. Sunset looked at her friend, on one hoof trying to stop her, but at the same time she was the only one who could do it. Twilight's hoof trembled as she grabbed the doorknob, as Sunset fanned herself to prevent herself from fainting. Moments turned to ages, each second dragged on forever, until...

"You know what?" Twilight said, backing away her hoof. "Maybe we could ask Princess Celestia for an extension?"

Sunset blinked.

"Good idea!" She smiled.

And then the two friends walked away towards the classrooms, hoping they wouldn't be late. Along the way, they thanked heavens for...

...The Sock!

Author's Note:

This is the chapter that almost forced me to put a "Sex" tag on this story. Damnit, Moondancer!


Alternate cut:

Twilight used Object Teleportation.
"What is this?" She asked, oogling the long, flexible sticky rod.
"Twilight, put it down!" Sunset yelled and jumped away.
"What? Do you know what this weird... phallic... thing... EEWWWW!"

PreviousChapters Next