• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 9,347 Views, 1,025 Comments

Sunny, Moonie, Twily - Jetto



Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and Moondancer are best friends, living in a dorm together.

  • ...
16
 1,025
 9,347

PreviousChapters Next
12. Seven Apples, No Twilight (by Eyeswirl the Weirded)

Four... Five... Oh, come on... Six... There's no way that'll fi-DAMMIT!

Moondancer smiled, despite the seven apples stuffed in her mouth. "Suffen!"

Sunset scowled, not willing to degrade herself by insisting Moondancer couldn't fit an eigth in the hopes it would nullify the agreement. She let out a long-suffering sigh. "Fine, you freak of nature, you win."

Once she'd taken the apples out of her mouth (ew), Moondancer started eating them normally, one at a time, as she smiled smugly across the table at Sunset. "Well, Twilight's not around, it's Monday afternoon, and I just fit seven apples in my mouth, pay up!"

The agreement was that if Moondancer ever filled those conditions, Sunset would tell her how she got into Celestia's school for gifted unicorns. Sunset was doubly annoyed, because ridiculous conditions like those were supposed to be impossible, the apple thing for obvious reasons and because Twilight always studied here in the dorm on monday afternoons. Maybe I could riddle out how she got rid of Twilight for the day, but I'm not sure I want to know.

"Alright," she muttered, "but breathe a word of this to anypony and I'll make you wear a chastity belt and force-feed you the key."

Moondancer nonchalantly took another bite of apple, waiting for the story.


Little Sunset Shimmer was in Canterlot with her family, who brought her along from Southern Equestria. Officially speaking, they were distant nobility here to see the Summer Sun Celebration like the majority of the crowd. Unofficially, Sunset's parents wanted to see Celestia in person, to identify any exploitable weaknesses for later. However, what they saw in the Princess of the Sun that day paled in comparison to what they noticed from their little daughter, who smiled brightly as Celestia began to raise the sun.

"I wanna help raise the sun!" Her horn lit up, glowing brightly in the crowd.

Princess Celestia was about halfway finished with the main event of the anniversery celebrating her sister's banishment. Repressing certain feelings as she'd done hundreds of times, she felt something flutter. It was faint, so small she might not have even noticed it, but it was definitely there. Somehow, she was sure, raising the sun was just a hair easier this time.

She opened her eyes, looking out at her little ponies, and immediately noticed a little yellow filly in the crowd, quite a few others staring at her in shock as the brilliant blue light of her horn began to fade.

"Hello there," she called out, smiling at the filly, "what is your name, little one?"

Not noticing the contemplative looks her parents were giving each other, Sunset smiled. "I'm Sunset Shimmer, nice to meet'cha!"


"And," Sunset concluded, "not long after, I was living in Canterlot, here to utilize the potential Celestia picked up on that day."

As she feared, Moondancer's reaction was not awe or wonder, but a wide, beaming, I-see-my-widdle-Spikey-Wikey grin, her eyes twinkling. "D'aaaaaww!!"

Sunset blushed, facehoofing. "Just get it out of your system now."

Moondancer all but hugged herself with her forehooves, rocking back and forth as though cradling a newborn foal. "Widdle Sunny wants to help the princess raise the sun, and she does! That's gotta be the cutest thing I've ever heard!" She paused. "Well, about you anyway."

Rolling her eyes, Sunset groaned. This was pretty much how all the adults she'd dealt with since coming here had reacted when she told them how she got admitted, the information being treated strictly as need-to-know from then on. Moondancer didn't need to know, but she had an annoying habit of asking those kinds of questions, which led to the no-Twilight-seven-apples condition. She looked across the table at her nosy friend, who was still beaming at her. "What?"

Moondancer stood up.

Sunset's eyes narrowed. "No."

She took a step closer.

"I said no."

Another step.

"I'm warning you, I-"

That was all she could say before being hug-tackled.


Twilight opened the door, Spike sitting on her back. "Hi guys! I'm back from-huh?"

"Gah! Twilight! Help! There's a rabid idiot stuck to my face!"

Sunset was lying on the floor, Moondancer hugging and nuzzling her. "You're so cute when you're calling for help!"

Twilight shook her head. "Ordinarily I might have suggested hanging the sock first, but this seems pretty innocent for you."

Looking up, Moondancer noticed her other favorite teddy bear. "SPIKEY-WIKEY!!"

Spike's pupils shrunk, "Hi-ho, Twilight, away!" and he smacked the flat of a claw against her flank.

She turned to glare at him. "You know, I'm half-way tempted to let her get you."

He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry."

Twilight rolled her eyes, immediately turning to gallop out of the room, Moondancer giving chase.

Getting up and dusting herself off, Sunset huffed.

"Stupid Moondancer and her stupid Obsessive Cuddling disorder."

Still, as she glanced out the window at the mid-day sun, she smiled a little.

Author's Note:

Jetto's comments: Behold the (partial) origins of our anti-villainess.

PreviousChapters Next