• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 1,575 Views, 31 Comments

A Dazzling Tale - RoboCheatsyVA TM



Adagio Dazzle and her friends Aria and Sonata find themselves stuck in an alternate world with a certain someone who won't leave them alone.

  • ...
6
 31
 1,575

The Kickoff to the Battle

Finally, it was the end of the school day.

The girls and I headed toward the gym where the party for the battle of the bands was being held. For some reason, Sunset didn't seem to want to tag along with us, which I don't mind at all. She probably went to hang out with her so called "friends" and help them out.


We walked in and everyone else seemed to already be there.

We walked over closer to the bleachers, but only stayed there for a few seconds before Sonata dragged us off to the table where the fruit punch was.

"C'mon you have to try it!" she said.

"Sonata, I don't want to try your fruit punch," I said.

"I'll try it," Aria volunteered.

"You just want try it so you can insult Sonata," I said, rolling my eyes.

"No. That's not why I wanna try it," Aria said. "I wanna see if Sonata can get something right. For once."

"Wow. Aria's being nicer to me than Dagi?" Sonata felt around on my face. "Is this real life? Are you the real Dagi?" she said. "Yes, I'm the real Adagio," I said shoving Sonata aside.

I surveyed the room.

Everyone was being very standoffish with anyone outside their own band and were all arguing. I couldn't help but to make a mocking comment.

"Oh no! No one is mingling!" I exclaimed with mock surprise. "It's like there's some underlying tension that could bubble to the surface at any minute!"

Cue another stupid Sonata guess.

"It's the fruit punch isn't it?" she said. "I knew I used too much grape juice!"

Really Sonata?

"It's not the fruit punch! It's us!" I snapped.

Of course, we couldn't have a stupid Sonata moment without Aria joining in a conversation that does not involve her.

"But the punch is awful, too," Aria said.

"What do you know about good fruit punch?" Sonata said.

"More than you!" Aria said.

"Do not!" Sonata said, smacking Aria's cheek.

"Do too!" Aria said, ruffling Sonata's bangs.

Sonata smoothed her bangs back into place.

Just ignore them and change the subject; they'll shut up then, I thought.

"This is just the kickoff party, girls. Just imagine what a tizzy they'll be in by time the Battle of The Bands starts," I said.

"There isn't going to be a battle of the bands! We're gonna make sure of that!" I heard a voice announce.

I flinched.

I turned to see the indigo haired girl from earlier alongside Sunset Shimmer and five other girls. Sunset shot us a triumphant looking glance. What had her so confident all of a sudden?

"Alright, girls, let's do this! Friendship is magic!" The indigo haired girl exclaimed as she and the five other girls joined hands.

What was the deal with these girls? Why would that lavender girl just shout "Friendship is magic"? They were acting as if something supposed to happen.

I exchanged confused glances with Aria and Sonata, who seemed to be just as confused as I was.

We were all rather… confused. That is, until I came to realization..

Wait a minute! That's it! I thought. *They* must be the source of the Equestrian magic!

The six girls began whispering to each other.

I knew exactly how to turn this into an opportunity to gain power.

"Talk about throwing down the gauntlet!" I exclaimed for everyone to hear.

"This group is obviously serious about winning! A little bit cocky though, aren't they? Claiming there won't really be a battle." I walked around everyone, saying my statement loud for all to hear, just to grab everyone's attention. "Seems they think they've already got this thing all. locked. up."

"Not if the Great and Powerful T-rrr-ixie has anything to do with it!" Trixie exclaimed.

"Whatever, Trixie! We're the best band at CHS!" a blue haired boy exclaimed.

"No!" a young red haired girl fired back. "The Crusaders are gonna win!"

I glanced back at Sunset Shimmer and the six other girls who all looked worried.

Everyone began bickering once more and a trail of negative energy snaked its way to mine and the girls' pendants. I grinned with satisfaction and clutched my pendant.

It was only a matter of time before mine and the girls' power would be completely restored. "

I think we may have found what we're looking for," I said, now that my suspicion had been confirmed. "Or rather, it found us."

I glanced at Aria and Sonata.

Sonata looked utterly clueless as usual.

"Magic!" I snarled with a gesture to the six other girls.

"Don't you see?! Everyone else has fallen under our spell, but not these girls. These girls are special." The six girls, and Sunset Shimmer, were running out of the gym in a hurry. Let them run; we'll get them soon.

I smiled wickedly and narrowed my eyes.

"Let's go," I said to Aria and Sonata.


We walked out of the gym.

"So they're the source of the Equestrian magic?" Aria said.

"That's right," I said.

"But they're just ordinary humans I thought," Sonata protested.

"No. They're not," I said.

Now I was going to have to explain everything to Sonata, which is a complete pain in the neck.

"If they were ordinary humans they would have fallen under our spell. But the way they approached us told me that they hadn't. I don't know how it was possible, considering back in Equestria we could put most anyone under a spell," I explained. "They must be protected somehow."


We headed on our way home.

I was going to have a nice, long chat with Sunset Shimmer. I was either going to call her, ask her if I could come over, or ask her to come over. Coincidentally, my phone began ringing.

It was Sunset; how convenient.

I answered the phone. "Hello?" I said.

"Adagio, I have something urgent I need to talk to you alone about! Can you come over?" Sunset said in a panicked voice.

"Okay," I said.

What could possibly be so important that she needs me to come over right away? I thought.

"Thanks," Sunset said.

"You're welcome. I'll be right there," I said, hanging up the phone.

"Girls, when we get to our building I'm going to have to split. There's an important matter I have to take care of," I said.

"Okay. What do you need to do?" Aria said.

"You don't need to know," I said.

"But can I know?" Sonata asked.

"No! Neither of you need to know!" I said.

Couldn't they just mind their own business? Just because we're friends, doesn't mean I'm too keen on sharing every little thing I do with them. Especially since they think I like Sunset Shimmer.

"Fine," Aria said. "But, I'm gonna guess that it's got something to do with Sunset Shimmer. I think there's something between you two that I'm not sure you even know about."

"What do you care?! And what makes you think there's something between me and Sunset Shimmer?!" I snarled.

"Because you always get flustered when I bring her up," Aria replied.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed.

Who did Aria think she was, making assumptions like that?! I couldn't believe her.

I made sure to stay an extra few steps ahead of the girls; I was not in the mood to talk to them.

What does Sunset Shimmer want to talk to me about? I wondered. Since she saw the events of today, I would've doubted she'd want to talk to me now that my true intentions have been revealed.


As soon as we reached our building, I rushed off to Sunset's place.

I was in such a rush, I'd forgotten to use the elevator and had taken the stairs.

I panted, out of breath after running up seven flights of stairs.

I knocked on Sunset's door. "Sunset, I'm here!" I said with whatever air I had left in me.

She opened the door and I walked in.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"First of all, I just wanted to say: I don't care if you're evil, I still want to be friends with you, Aria, and Sonata," Sunset said. "I know what it feels like to be alone."

"Really?" I said skeptically.

I simply couldn't believe she'd still want to be friends with us. Why would she want to? I'd been awful to her these last couple of days and now she knows for certain that Aria, Sonata, and I are evil.

"Yeah," Sunset said.

"Okay then," I said.

I wasn't very interested in having her as a friend, but I'd accept her because things were getting interesting between us. Maybe Aria was right; perhaps there was something between me and Sunset that even I didn't know about.

"I know you'll say 'no', but, can you not continue with this plan and maybe instead go some other route? If you say 'yes', will you please undo the spell you put on the school?" Sunset asked.

Oh brother. She was beginning to sound like Starswirl with her "please don't continue with your plan" nonsense. I've made it this far, and I'm not about to stop now. She needs to realize she'd be better off leaving us alone to do whatever we want.

"No. There is no other way to do this. If I'm ever going to be adored by others and go back to Equestria, I have to do it this way," I said firmly. "And Sunset, even if I did say 'yes', I wouldn't be able to undo the spell. The girls and I would have to be defeated first."

"I have something I need to admit to you," Sunset said.

"What is it?" I said.

Sunset took a deep breath and then exhaled.

This ought to be interesting, I thought.

Comments ( 3 )

Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing usps tracking number

Excellent episode; looking forward to the next one!
woodoku

it's an impressive story, i love this mystery episode! Geometry Dash Scratch

Login or register to comment