• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 1,268 Views, 3 Comments

Fallout Equestria: The Perfect Date - BigBadWolf



Hearts and Hooves Day in the Equestrian Wasteland was any other day for Black Eye. But now, that's about to change.

  • ...
4
 3
 1,268

The Question

"Are you sure it'll be enough?" I asked the bartender, "Everything has to be perfect."

"Your down a few caps," he said, "But don't worry about that. You just go and have fun."

"Really!?" I asked, "Thanks!"

I paid the stallion his caps, took the champagne, placed it safely in my saddlepacks, and left him. I raced towards the atrium, dodging and weaving around the crowd. I got to the atrium, opened the door, and went in.

I loved the atrium. The massive room with benches and the balcony. It was a good place to get quiet and read. I trotted up and sat down on a bench. I exhaled and looked over my things. A bottle of champagne, a remote, a box of chocolates, a single rose (you would not believe the trouble I had to go through to get that), and a tank of fuel.

Everything was in it's proper place. I got up and exited into one of the many hallways of the atrium. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I thought about today, and what I was about to do. I gulped. Today was Hearts and Hooves Day in Tenpony. I wasn't exactly the most charming of the colts in Tenpony. I was slightly larger and taller than everypony else, and eye level with the mares and stallions. Not to mention, my coat was gray, and so were my eyes, much unlike a lot of ponies in the tower. But I pressed on.

I got to the door. Room 1009. I took a deep breath and knocked. After a second, a red filly my age opened the door. Comedy Gold. I exhaled slightly.

"Oh, Black Eye!" she said, "What do you want?"

"I-uh-have something for you," I said. I brought out the chocolates and the rose. Her eyes widened and a smile came to her face.

"Oh my goodness!" she said as she picked up the rose, "How did you get this!?"

"I have some connections," I said, "You would not believe how long it took me to get that."

"Oh I'm sure," she said as she sniffed the rose, "What's the occasion?"

"I-uh-I was just-um-wondering if you maybe, would like to...uh," I stuttered, looking around and blushing.

"Yes?" she said.

"I was just a wondering, and if you don't, it's cool, but-um-would you like to maybe...go on a date?" I asked blushing hotly. My mane itched badly.

"Oh," she said, herself blushing as well, "Um, sure. I'll go ask my parents."

"Really!?" I asked and gave a short exhale, "Thanks! I-I'll go get cleaned up. Meet up in the atrium in about an hour?"

"Okay," she said, smiling now. I smiled back as she closed the door. I walked down the hallway, out of earshot, and jumped joyfully, whooping and smiling like an idiot.

I ran outside the atrium and ran to the spa. It would cost the last of my caps, but it would be worth it. I had a date to catch.

Author's Note:

The date is not specified, but just to clear things up, Black Eye is 19 years old. This story takes place about 8 years before the original story. If you're not familiar with it, I'll provide a link in the comments.:twilightsmile: