• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 2,632 Views, 157 Comments

LEGO Equestria Girls 2 - Chronicler06



When the Dazzlings attempt to take over the Lego World, Princess Twilight must reunite with her Lego friends (and a reformed Sunset Shimmer) to stop them.

  • ...
9
 157
 2,632

The New Master Builder

Chapter 17
The New Master Builder

Up on the high stage in front of the big LEGO logo on the front tower of LEGO Headquarters, the Dazzlings were down on their hands and knees as they regained their senses. When her vision cleared and the ringing in her ears stopped, Adagio was devastated to discover the pendant piece that held her dark magic was now in over a dozen fragments on the stage floor. In a desperate effort to salvage the situation, she gathered up those fragments and held them close to her chest as she stood up. Aria and Sonata didn’t even bother grabbing their shattered pendants as they also stood up beside Adagio and the three of them attempted to resume their song.

The song of the now former sirens was a very pathetic attempt. Their voices were horribly out of tune and failed to harmonize with each other. Even a group of five-year-olds could have done a much better performance. It wasn’t quite a painful as nails on a chalkboard, but it did come pretty close. The gathered crowd was now frowning and grumbling among themselves in disapproval. But even though the Dazzlings quickly noticed their ruined voices, they still pressed on, desperate to regain their lost power.

That terrible excuse of a song was soon interrupted by numerous police sirens and bright searchlights coming down from a pair of police helicopters that were suddenly flying near the stage. Almost immediately, the door to the tower’s interior burst open and nearly a dozen security guards swiftly surrounded the Dazzlings and raised their weapons at them.

“Freeze!” shouted one of the guards.

“Put your hands up!” shouted another guard.

Realizing that they were now completely out of options, the Dazzlings had no choice but to comply with the demands of the police and raise their hands over their heads, although Adagio kept her pendant fragments tightly clenched within her hands. The three former sirens turned around to face the guards, then turned their defeated gazes upwards at a very furious Kjeld Playwell at the top of the tower.

“By my personal order, you three are under arrest!” Kjeld firmly declared. Right away, the guards slapped a pair of handcuffs onto each of the three powerless girls. With that deed done, Kjeld told the guards, “Get them out of here. I don’t want to see these monsters ever again.” The guards acknowledged Kjeld’s request and began to escort the Dazzlings off the stage.

One of the guards soon noticed that Adagio had something in her hands, so he immediately shouted, “Hey! Drop it!” He didn’t hesitate to smack his weapon against Adagio’s wrists, forcing her to drop those fragments. She wasn’t given a chance to pick them up again as another guard grabbed her handcuffs and yanked her away towards the door.

Kjeld sighed as he watched the arrested Dazzlings being escorted through the door into the tower. Although those girls had finally been brought to justice, they had still come dangerously close to successfully taking over the entire Lego World. It was a humbling experience unlike anything before in his entire life, and he had lived through quite a lot.

The crowd continued to grumble among themselves as they slowly dispersed and began to head back into the city. However, their spirits were soon lifted and they began to cheer as they saw a certain flying performance stage hover overhead as it slowly headed towards LEGO Headquarters.

Kjeld smiled and waved at the approaching flying contraption. He waited close to the railing as the flying stage hovered over to the tower and slowly descended down onto the roof.

Ding-dong!

Spike flipped a few levers and turned his red LEGO cap forward again as the four rotors slowed to a stop. Meanwhile, the six girls — now without their magical pony parts — set aside their musical instruments as they carefully stepped off the stage and gathered near the leader of the entire LEGO Team and the Lego World.

“Congratulations on another spectacular success, girls,” greeted Kjeld with a proud smile. “Celestia told me all about your first major victory a few months ago in Canterlot City, and I am sure that she will be very pleased to hear about this one as well.”

Twilight smiled as she nodded and said, “Just doing what we can to put a stop to dark magic and preserve friendship and harmony.”

“I also noticed that you had received some additional assistance to achieve this latest victory,” added Kjeld as he glanced across the group of friends. When the noticed the individual he was referring to was missing, he raised an eyebrow and asked, “Where is Sunset Shimmer?”

Kjeld quickly got his answer when everyone saw Sunset flying by on her rocket chair. She circled around the front tower once before gracefully landing it on the roof not far from her friends.

Kjeld smiled and complimented, “Nice rocket chair. Personally, I’ve always wanted one for myself.”

As Sunset got up out of that white rocket chair, her pony ears, tail, and unicorn horn finally vanished, returning her to the form of a regular minifig. The new Master Builder smiled as she walked up to Kjeld and replied, “In that case, it’s all yours. Consider it a gift from the new me.”

Kjeld nodded and remarked, “You’ve certainly come a long way, Sunset Shimmer.”

“Mister Playwell!”

Kjeld and the eight team members glanced over the railing and saw one security guard holding up a red fragment while a few others were inspecting the rest of those fragments on the stage floor.

“What should we do with these?” asked the guard.

“Those fragments appear to be from those ruby pendants the Dazzlings wore,” noted Rarity. “I was wondering why they were so possessive of them.”

“Without those pendants and the magic we brought here from Equestria,” explained Twilight, “they’re now just three harmless minifig girls.”

Kjeld turned back to the guard and ordered, “In that case, gather up those fragments and have them buried beneath the foundation of a new building. I want every single one of those shards to become inaccessible for the rest of time.”

“Yes, sir,” acknowledged the guard as he and the others began to pick up the fragments and place them in bags.

Kjeld turned to Twilight and explained, “In this world, that’s how we typically dispose of any unwanted artifacts.”

“I guess that makes sense,” said Twilight as she watched the guards collect those shattered fragments. She turned to Kjeld and asked, “But do you really need to send the Dazzlings to jail? Like I just said, they’re now completely harmless.”

“One does not need magic to be considered a threat,” explained Kjeld. “In case you failed to notice, those three were still trying to take control over all of us, even after they had lost their powers. I’ve been told that when you girls defeated Sunset Shimmer, she was immediately very sorry for all the trouble she had cause, and was willing to accept any punishment we would give her. These girls, on the other hand, have continued to show no remorse at all. That leads me to believe that if they were to find an alternative means of seizing power, they would not hesitate to take it.” He turned away and sighed as he tightly gripped the railing. “And besides,” he quietly added bitterly, “they humiliated me and my family like no one had ever done before.” He raised his voice back to normal as he firmly finished, “It’s for the best that they remain in prison for life.”

“Speaking of jail time…” said Sunset uneasily as she lowered her gaze with resignation. “I guess I’ll be expecting a similar fate as them, after everything I’ve done these last few days.”

Kjeld turned to Sunset and replied, “Actually, in light of recent events, I think it would be better to not send you back to prison.”

Sunset suddenly snapped her gaze up at Kjeld and asked in shock, “Wait, what?”

Kjeld smiled as he explained, “Based upon my observations, Twilight Sparkle and her team could not have been successful without your assistance. Not just with that final act, but also in guiding them towards this city to confront the Dazzlings. And although you and the others did commit the crime of breaking and entering this facility, I am willing to forgo any charges on account of the rest of us being brainwashed.”

“But my parole was violated!” Sunset pointed out.

“Through no fault of your own,” continued Kjeld. “The blame for that incident lies entirely on the shoulders of Princess Twilight Sparkle of Equestria.” As he noticed Twilight smile nervously, he smugly added, “And since she is a ruler of a distant realm in a different universe entirely, I am unable to give her any form of punishment. Therefore, I have no choice but to simply ignore the violation of your parole.”

Everyone on the team slowly began to smile. “So does this mean I’m now completely free of all charges?” asked Sunset with a hopeful smile.

“Not quite,” replied Kjeld.

Everyone’s smiles suddenly fell.

“I would just like to be certain that you truly have turned a new leaf,” continued Kjeld. “Therefore, I will be placing you on probation for a full year. So as long as you try not to break any laws, if it can be avoided…” Kjeld smiled. “I doubt there will be any further trouble in your foreseeable future.”

Smiles quickly returned to everyone’s faces. “I can live with that,” agreed Sunset.

“Good,” acknowledged Kjeld with a nod. He glanced over at the rocket chair, then turned back to Sunset. “Unless I’m mistaken, I do believe that you have also vastly improved your creative talents quite recently.”

“That’s right,” replied Sunset. “I’m sure you saw my Titan help my friends out of trouble in the city, earlier tonight.” She then rubbed the back of her head and sheepishly admitted, “It’s kinda weird to think that when I woke up this morning, I never would’ve imagined that I could ever build anything like that.”

“Then perhaps I could ask Celestia to consider letting you join the LEGO Team as a full member of Twilight’s team, Master Builder,” said Kjeld with a proud smile.

Sunset smiled as she was very pleased to hear such a recommendation from Kjeld Playwell himself, and was sure her new friends were thinking the same thing. There was no doubt at all that her future was now looking brighter than ever.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me…” Kjeld suddenly told the team as he walked over to the large white chair and climbed up to sit in it. “I would like to take my new rocket chair out for a test ride.” As the rockets under the chair ignited and propelled him upwards, he whooped loudly with excitement.

The team of friends gawked silently as they watched the leader of the Lego World fly away on what was now considered his new rocket chair. Twilight had a feeling that what she and her Lego friends had just witnessed was just as awkward as seeing Princess Celestia indulge herself with cake.

After a moment of awkward silence, Sunset simply shrugged and remarked, “What can I say? Everyone’s a kid at heart.”

Honk-honk!

Everyone suddenly turned to Spike’s stage, where they saw Pinkie Pie standing in front of and facing the wall of levers. “Hey, wait a minute!” she exclaimed. “Most of these levers just make funny noises!” She then proceeded to quickly flip a few more random levers.

Ding-ding! Cha-ching! Ding-dong! Woooooo!

When everyone quickly turned their attention to Spike, he chuckled nervously and confessed, “Yeah, I, uh… might have lied a little bit about how complicated it actually was.”

Applejack raised an eyebrow and asked, “So why did ya put so many useless levers on that thing?”

Spike placed his hands on his hips and puffed out his chest as he grinned and shamelessly admitted, “I thought it would make me look cool.”

Twilight smiled and rolled her eyes as she shook her head and muttered, “Oh, Spike.”

As the team of Master Builders giggled at Spike’s remark, Kjeld continued to fly around the building on his rocket chair while still hollering excitedly like a child on an amusement park ride. He flew across the front of the big LEGO logo on the building and then headed towards the city.

Meanwhile, down on the ground, many police officers had gathered near the main entrance of LEGO Headquarters as the security guards opened the lobby doors and escorted the Dazzlings outside.

The arrested girls had taken only a few steps outside when someone in the crowd suddenly shouted, “Food fight!” Right away, many disgruntled minifigs in the crowd — mostly young guys — started pelting the Dazzlings with all kinds of food items, forcing them to duck and run.

Some police officers quickly seized the three former sirens and began dragging them over to one of the police cars. At the same time, another officer blew his loud whistle at the surrounding crowd a few times and then shouted, “All right! That’s enough! Throw away your rotten food, or I’ll start handing out tickets for littering!”

The angry people in the crowd groaned and grumbled in frustration and disappointment.

The Dazzlings were now covered in all kinds of splatters and scraps of food as they were soon pushed into the backseat of the car, with Adagio in the middle, Aria on the left, and Sonata on the right. When the officers shut the doors, Aria grumbled, “Well, it’s official. We have just hit rock bottom.”

Sonata glanced over at Adagio and her expression suddenly brightened. “Ooh, a taco!” she exclaimed cheerfully as she snatched that taco out of Adagio’s hair and began to happily munch down on it.

Adagio simply glared straight forward as she clenched her fists and growled through clenched teeth, “I hate everybody.”

Another police officer then climbed into the driver’s seat and started up the car. Once he also switched on the police lights and siren, he began to drive down the road away from the building.

Back atop the tower of LEGO Headquarters, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle were leaning against the railing as they watched that police car take the Dazzlings away. Twilight sighed and muttered, “If only there was a way we could help them see the error of their ways.”

“I agree.”

Startled, Twilight and Sunset quickly turned around and saw Canterlot City’s Chief of Police, Flash Sentry, standing not far behind them. He held a red mug in his hand, and his face expressed great sorrow and regret.

Flash walked up to Twilight and held out the mug to her. “Here, I brought you a glass of water,” he offered calmly. “I figured you might appreciate it after that incredible performance.”

“Uh, thanks,” Twilight responded as she grabbed the mug by its sides with both of her hands and took a sip from it. Although she appreciated the drink, she couldn’t help but feel awkward in the presence of officer Flash Sentry.

Flash cleared his throat and glanced down at his feet as he uneasily said, “I, uh… would like to apologize for my behavior over the last few days.” Twilight opened her mouth to say something, but Flash cut her off and continued, “I know, it’s understandable, considering that I was practically hypnotized by that dark magic. But still, much of what I said and did to all of you was very inexcusable behavior. It was more than just what happen today inside this building.” Flash took a deep breath and sighed sadly before he continued, “I told the Dazzlings that your team was going to Appleloosa to send you that message. And when we bumped into each other in Cloudsdale…” Flash hesitated. “I planted that key under your hair piece. I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist such a perfect opportunity to free Sunset Shimmer, and that such an action at the time would inevitably turn everyone against you and your team.

Flash Sentry’s confessions of having helped the sirens over the past few days like that left Twilight and her friends gaping in shock.

Flash glanced down and lightly kicked the floor as he shamefully finished, “I am very sorry to have caused you all so much pain, both physically and emotionally.”

Twilight smiled and replied, “I guess I can accept that apology. Although…” she handed the mug over to Sunset and whispered something to her. She then turned back to Flash as her smile grew a little more sinister. “I’d do this myself, but since I’m not quite used to these hand things…” She gave a single nod to Sunset.

Sunset couldn’t hide a wicked grin of her own as she flicked the mug towards Flash, splashing the water all over his face, which also knocked his hat off.

“That’s for calling me and my friends ‘dirty crooks’,” Twilight finished teasingly.

Flash was momentarily stunned, but then he smiled and simply replied, “Punishment accepted.” He reached down and picked up his hat, then smoothed down his damp hair and put his hat back on. “Regardless,” he continued, “you and your team did a very good job. I’m glad the Lego World can still count on someone like you.”

Twilight smiled in approval as she and Flash began to stare at each other. While there was no denying that their friendship had hit a very rough patch recently, what really mattered was that they were able to accept what had gone wrong and move past that incident. As the Equestrian princess and the Canterlot City police officer continued to smile and stare each other in the eye, they slowly brought their hands close to each other.

“Hey, wait a minute!” Rainbow Dash suddenly shouted, forcing Flash and Twilight to suddenly back away from each other in shock. Rainbow pointed at Flash’s back and asked, “Are those my lasers?!”

Flash glanced back at one of the laser pistols sticking out of the backpack he was wearing. With a serious look on his face, he turned to Rainbow and explained, “Sorry, but I have to confiscate them. Laser pistols are not permitted within a City Region.”

“But I got ‘em in Cloudsdale!” shouted Rainbow desperately. “That’s totally legal!”

Flash simply responded, “In Cloudsdale, yes. In Lego City, no. Same applies for Canterlot City, too. And unless you want me to write you an expensive ticket, you’d better end the argument right there.”

Rainbow Dash huffed and crossed her arms as she glared downwards and grumbled under her breath, “So unfair.”

“Speaking of confiscation…” said Sunset humbly as she pulled out something and handed it to Flash.

Flash raised an eyebrow as he glanced down at the 1x2 tile in his hand. The printing on its surface resembled that of a standard LEGO Headquarters ID card, but the fact that it had Sunset Shimmer’s portrait on it was a clear sign of its illegitimacy.

“It’s what I used to help me get around this building so easily,” admitted Sunset. Her eyes briefly widened as she suddenly remembered something and pulled out another ID card. “Oh, and I was supposed to give this one back to Twilight.” She glanced over to Twilight and quickly added, “Sorry.”

“It’s okay,” responded Twilight. “I should’ve remembered to ask for it back before we had split up.” She then turned back to Flash and smiled awkwardly as she asked, “So, uh, I guess this means you’ll be improving the building’s security, right?”

“Not me, personally,” replied Flash as he tossed the fake IDs into the backpack with the laser pistols. “My authority covers Canterlot City, not Lego City. But yes, once I inform the security guards about how you girls managed to break into the building, I am almost certain that they will be making some upgrades around here.”

“That reminds me of somethin’ Ah wanted to ask earlier,” Applejack spoke up. She turned to Sunset and asked, “How the heck did ya managed to run straight up a wall?!”

“It’s called SNOT walking,” Sunset confidently replied.

Snot walking?” asked Rainbow Dash with a look of disgust that was mirrored across much of the team.

“Studs not on top,” Sunset clarified.

“Oh, that kind of SNOT,” responded Rainbow with relief. “Got it!”

“So that explains why you ran up that particular portion of the wall,” noted Rarity. “You mean to say that as long as there are studs along a wall, you are capable of walking right along that wall?”

“Ceilings, too,” replied Sunset, “though that takes even more practice. In fact, it was only about a year ago that I was finally able to master that form of SNOT walking.”

Fluttershy asked, “Are you saying that’s yet another special move you taught yourself back when you were, um… a not-so-nice person?”

Before Sunset could reply, Rainbow suddenly asked excitedly, “Could ya teach me how to do that?”

Sunset shrugged with a smile and replied, “Sure, but take it from me: expect to do a lot of falling early on.”

“I doubt it,” Rainbow smugly responded.

Flash Sentry smiled at Sunset and remarked, “With all those special talents you’ve taught yourself, I’m glad you’re now on our side.” He then turned to Twilight and asked, “By the way, is it true that you were able to come here by forcing open that interdimensional portal?”

“Correct,” replied Twilight with a nod. “Sunset Shimmer has a magic diary in her possession, which is magically linked to a similar book that was once own by Princess Celestia, but was recently gifted to me. By utilizing that magical connection with the aid of a specially constructed apparatus, I am now capable of opening the portal at any moment for any length of time.”

“Then I suppose you’re not in any rush to return home,” said Flash. “The last time you were here, Celestia Playwell had requested a debriefing with you and your team the day after you had defeated Sunset Shimmer, but we all knew and understood why you couldn’t attend. This time, I’m sure she would highly appreciate seeing you joining your team for the debriefing.” He turned to Sunset and added, “And with your invaluable assistance to this team, I would expect her to invite you, as well.”

“Gladly,” agreed Sunset with a nod.

Flash Sentry glanced over at the wacky stage that Spike had built and remarked, “I have to admit, you girls really rocked out there.”

“You know it!” boasted Rainbow Dash as she smugly crossed her arms.

“I think the real highlight of tonight’s performance was the moment we liberated everyone from the sirens’ spell,” commented Rarity. “That combination of a rainbow and a sonic boom bursting forth from the broadcasting tower was most spectacular indeed.”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes widened as she suddenly grinned and said, “Hey, that just gave me an awesome idea for a name for our band! The ‘Sonic Rainbooms’!”

“And if what we saw here was seen around all the other broadcasting towers,” remarked Twilight, “then I can’t possibly think of a more fitting title than that.”

Pinkie Pie turned to Flash and suddenly asked, “Hey, didn’t you used to play guitar back in high school?”

“Yeah, it’s true,” replied Flash. “A few buddies and I had plans of forming a rock bank of our own, kinda like you girls did back then. But that changed after I had a run-in with a certain interdimensional troublemaker.” He glanced over at Sunset, who nodded sadly with acceptance. “I decided to dedicate my life to police work, while my buddies also moved on to other passions. I actually still have my guitar, though it serves more as a memento these days.”

“And I’m still very sorry for all the trouble I once caused,” said Sunset. “But that’s all in the past now, and I’ve got a better future to look forward to. Kjeld just told me that I won’t be going back to jail and will instead be placed on a one-year probation.”

“In that case, it sounds like you’ll need an officer to keep an eye on you for that duration,” stated Flash. He smiled as he admitted, “Even though I’m technically the city’s Chief of Police, I wouldn’t mind volunteering for the job.”

Sunset also smiled and responded, “I actually wouldn’t mind that at all, as long as you can promise me one thing.”

Flashed frowned and raised an eyebrow as he asked, “What would that be?”

Sunset smiled as she playfully scolded, “Please don’t kick anymore chairs around.”

Flash smiled again and replied, “Now that’s a promise I’d be more than happy to keep. No more bad cop attitude from this officer.”

That remark quickly brought everyone to laughter. It was definitely a good feeling for everyone that both Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry could be forgiven for the unfavorable things they had done.

But then Flash abruptly stopped laughing and suddenly shouted, “HEY!” He rushed over to the back edge of the tower and shined his flashlight down at one of the lower rooftops of the facility, illuminating a certain pair of crooks trying to walk away while carrying a large safe. “DROP IT!!”

The two incompetent robbers, Rocky and Mugsy, immediately stopped in their tracks and snapped their gazes up at the police officer on the tower. Mugsy’s eyes widened in shock as he mumbled, “Uh oh.”

“Run!” shouted Rocky as he quickly dropped his side of the safe and ran along the roof.

Mugsy also quickly dropped his side of the safe and ran after his partner in crime. Although the light from the flashlight followed them, he failed to react quickly enough when Rocky suddenly stopped in front of a railing. Mugsy bumped into him and they both tumbled over the railing and into the water below.

Rocky quickly resurfaced and gasped for breath. When he saw his partner in crime do the same, he shouted, “Swim for it, Mugsy!”

“Okay, Rocky!” responded Mugsy as he and Rocky quickly started swimming through the harbor away from LEGO Headquarters. Just one second later, he asked, “Hey, uh, where are we going?”

“Don’t know, don’t care!” Rocky sharply replied. “As long as we don’t end up back in jail.”

“Yeah, good idea,” agreed Mugsy as they kept swimming.

Back atop the tower, Flash Sentry sighed and shook his head as he switched off his flashlight and muttered, “Those two will never learn.”

As everyone else stared at where the two brick-heads were escaping, Rarity quickly scanned the rest of the harbor. Although it was too dark to see much at this time, she couldn’t help but suddenly remember something. “Is anyone else curious as to what happened to Captain Storm Wave and his crew?” she asked. “The last we saw of them was their ship falling apart on our way into this facility.”

“We obviously saw them in the harbor, earlier this afternoon,” answered Flash. “We had quickly arranged for a few patrol boats to ship them and their dismantled ship back to the Pirate Region.”

“Can you send a message to them?” asked Twilight. “We would like to thank them greatly for the assistance they provided us in stopping the Dazzlings. And considering how much everyone in the Pirate Region seems to hate those girls, I have a feeling Storm Wave will be thrilled to hear that.”

Flash nodded and replied, “I’ll be sure to do that, first thing in the morning.” He briefly glanced up at the night sky and added, “For now, I think we’d better turn in for the night.” He gestured for everyone to follow. “I’m sure Kjeld won’t mind us using some of the guest rooms in this building.”

Once Spike gave Twilight and her Lego friends back their regular change of clothes, the team followed Flash through the door into the tower and began to walk down the stairway.

As everyone walked, Fluttershy quietly said, “You know… I can’t help but get the feeling that we’re forgetting one more thing.”

“Eh, I’m sure it’s nothing important,” said Rainbow Dash dismissively.


Down in the submarine entrance to LEGO Headquarters, four security guards were gawking at a double-decker couch that was slowly bobbing in the water.

After a long silence, one of the guards eventually asked, “So, uh… any idea where that came from?”

The three other guards just shrugged and gave various responses of uncertainty.

“Eh…”

“I dunno.”

“Beats me.”


The next morning, Twilight Sparkle and her team, along with police officer Flash Sentry, were riding in a small jet airplane on their way back to Canterlot City. As the plane began to approach the city, Twilight was looking out the window as she sighed and asked, “Are you sure there’s nothing more we can do to help the Dazzlings?”

“You heard what Kjeld witnessed,” replied Flash from the seat next to Twilight’s. “Those three had remained defiant beyond the end. When Sunset Shimmer was arrested, we all saw there was hope that she would change her ways.”

“And I’m glad I was given the chance to prove it,” remarked Sunset from the seat behind Twilight’s, “even if it took extraordinary circumstances.”

Flash nodded at Sunset, then turned back to Twilight and continued, “But in this case, I have to side with Mister Playwell. Those three are a lost cause.”

“Quite a shame,” muttered Twilight. “I guess some people just can’t be saved, not even with the magic of friendship.”

“By the way,” Rainbow Dash spoke up, “I noticed there were no robots or skeletons lurking around today. Did the police or some other LEGO Team already catch Trixie and Lightning Dust?”

“No, not as far as I know,” replied Flash. “Those two and their respective armies still remain at large, but I’m confident they’ll be recaptured someday. And who knows? Depending on how they behave,” he smiled at Twilight and Sunset, “then perhaps there might be a chance they could also be reformed as well.”

Sunset and Twilight both responded with a smile of understanding. The magic of friendship was very powerful indeed, and if it could work on someone like Sunset Shimmer, then there could always be hope for other former villains.

“Hey, everyone!” Applejack suddenly called out. “Looks like they’re ‘bout to tear down that broadcastin’ tower!”

Everyone quickly crowded around the windows on the left side of the plane as they approached Canterlot City’s LEGO Team Headquarters building, atop which was one of the Dazzlings’ black broadcasting towers. Everyone watched impatiently as workers gathered behind some safety barriers on the roof far away from the dark tower.

BOOM!

The explosives placed at the base of that broadcasting tower detonated, obliterating the structure’s supports and causing it to slowly topple over the edge of the building and down the side of the mountain. The demolished structure made it halfway down the mountain before it completely shattered, and all of those Lego pieces continued tumbling down the rest of the way.

“Good riddance,” Sunset firmly stated.

“Indeed, darling,” agreed Rarity. “I am very pleased to have heard that the rest of those horrid structures throughout the Lego World shall also be similarly dismantled before this day is out.”

A few minutes later, the jet landed on the runway leading into the building. Once the hangar doors were open, the jet slowly coasted inside and soon parked in the middle of the hangar. Various personnel quickly approached the parked jet and set up a step ladder next to the door for the passengers.

As Flash Sentry opened the door, he turned back to Twilight’s team and said, “Our debriefing with Celestia Playwell starts in ten minutes, so we’d better get going.”

As everyone carefully stepped off the plane, Twilight couldn’t help but smile and remark, “This has definitely been quite an adventure.”


Later that afternoon, Twilight Sparkle and her Lego friends had gathered near that horse statue in City Park, which housed the interdimensional portal to Equestria. Now that the debriefing with Celestia Playwell was over, there was nothing left for the Equestrian princess to do but return to her home world.

Twilight did a quick double-check of all the books on the mobile cart. “It sure was nice of Celestia to give me all these books about the Lego World,” she commented with a pleasant smile. “After my last visit, I had taken some notes on how this world apparently works, but unfortunately they were all recently destroyed. I’m actually quite thrilled that I’m being allowed to have all this reading material to study.”

“One of the perks of being a princess from another world, I suppose,” remarked Rarity contently.

Not far away, Sunset Shimmer was speaking quietly with police officer Flash Sentry. Eventually, Flash smiled as he tipped his hat and began to walk away. Sunset walked back to her friends and told them, “I just promised Flash Sentry that if you ever decide to open the portal again, I’ll let him know as soon as possible so he can make sure no one on this side tries to go through.”

“That’s good,” replied Twilight with a nod. “I’ll be sure to inform you of such a moment through that magic journal. And by the way, my offer to let you return to Equestria with me still stands.”

“Thank you, Twilight, but I think I’ll stay here for a while,” said Sunset. “This is my home now. And since I’m now a Master Builder, I’d rather use my new talents to help out in a place I understand very well.”

“If that’s what you wish,” accepted Twilight. “At the very least, I’ll be sure to tell Princess Celestia all about what you’ve accomplished in the Lego World. I’m sure she will be very pleased to hear just how far you’ve come.”

“Sure wish you could stay longer,” said Applejack with a hint of sadness.

“Me too,” replied Twilight. “But I have responsibilities in Equestria that I have to get back to. Its citizens need me. And besides, I promised my pony friends that Spike and I wouldn’t be gone for long. After waiting a few days, they must be worried sick by now.”

“Totally understandable,” said Rainbow Dash.

While Twilight had been speaking, Pinkie Pie just couldn’t resist taking the opportunity to observe the interdimensional portal. She placed her hand against the front surface of the statue’s pedestal and grinned when she saw it pass right through with a shimmer of light. Without any hesitation, she then excitedly stuck her face through the portal.

As soon as Rainbow Dash finished her remark, she glanced over at Pinkie. She rolled her eyes as she grabbed Pinkie’s shoulder and pulled her back away from the portal.

Everyone saw Pinkie suddenly had a very shocked look on her face as she slowly wobbled around. “Kinda looks like the Infinite Abyss of Nothingness,” she quietly said.

Sunset giggled and assured, “Relax, Pinkie. Everyone knows that’s just a myth.”

With that little distraction taken care of, Twilight continued, “Anyway, you girls don’t have to worry about not seeing me again. Now that I can go through the portal whenever I need to, this isn’t goodbye. It’s just goodbye ‘til next time.”

Twilight’s Lego friends quickly gathered around and gave her a farewell group hug. After that heartwarming moment, the girls reluctantly let go of their friend from another world.

Twilight grabbed the handle on her book cart as she turned to Spike and asked, “Ready?”

“Almost,” replied Spike with a smile. He took off his red LEGO cap and then tossed it through the portal, quickly vanishing through a shimmer of light. “Maybe this time I’ll be able to keep that nice hat,” he quipped.

Twilight simply smiled and rolled her eyes. She turned back to her friends and silently waved at them. Then she turned her attention towards the portal and pushed the book cart ahead as she and Spike stepped through.

The remaining six minifigs of Twilight’s team stared silently at the interdimensional portal for a moment. Eventually, without a single word spoken, they all turned away and headed back into Canterlot City.

Author's Note:

It is a good thing that I always reread each chapter twice before I publish them, because there were some details that I had almost forgotten to include until quite literally the last run-through. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I've been able to tie up any remaining lose ends in this story (with the exception of a few that I'm saving for the epilogue, which you can expect to see in one week instead of two). The method Kjeld uses to get rid of the sirens' pendants is based on a rumor I once heard that the LEGO Company disposes of retired molds by burying them within the foundation of one of their buildings. Also, the acronym SNOT (Studs Not On Top) is frequently used by Lego fans to describe certain bricks and pieces, so if you ever hear anyone talking about "SNOT pieces", now you'll know what they're actually referring to.