• Published 13th Feb 2015
  • 1,321 Views, 5 Comments

A Lost Soul Reborn: The Queen of Monsters and Diamonds - Night-Moon-12



Twilight Amora Sparkle has been hearing voices that she somehow remembers... but why at the telling of a certain pony's name did she feel like her world had just been flipped?

  • ...
7
 5
 1,321

The Diamond Army, And The March For Transylmaneia (Flashback Part 2)

The Diamond Kingdom 7:00 P.M.

The Diamond Queen was on the verge of anger, if Metamorphosis hadn't reasoned with her she would have flown off to Transylmaneia by herself to assist King Crimson Fang alone. Whoever these ponies were would pay with their lives if anypony had been killed, or enslaved for her to see. She would take the great pleasure to avenge those who had been wronged, hurt, or even killed.

'Just Lke Father, Mother, and Anut Ayla had been.' Twilight thought to herself with closed eyes.

Twilight Heart took a deep breath, taking a few moments to calm herself and clear her thoughts. Snowy Dawnlight, Twilight's handmaiden awaited her queen's orders. "Snowy..."

"Yes, Milady?" Snowy Dawnlight was a light blue mare with a snowy white/tail. This mare was the last mare to carry the proud name of the Dawnlight Clan, and the last name 'Dawnlight' was only given to the foals at birth but were later changed if the parents saw fit.

"You are dismissed."

Snow bowed then turned to take her leave, but Snow couldn’t even make it out of the room the chamber doors swung open one ended hitting Snowy in the face before her flank landed on the floor from stopping her trot. A guard helped Snowy too her hooves before turning back his task at hoof. Twilight had noticed the loud bang from behind her, and had turned around to see what had caused the noise. The queen’s gaze rested upon a unicorn guard in silver armor, bowing in respect to her without a doubt she had a message for her leader. “My Queen, the troops are ready.”

“Thank you FireTail, you and Snowy may go now.” Twilight replied as she finished putting her armor and helmet on. “Oh, and Fire?”
“Yes your majesty?”

“Can you to alert our medics and please tell them to select a hoof-full of ponies to attend the army in of battle injuries?”
“Yes my queen.”

Twilight stood in front of a full-body mirror, examining herself just to see if anything was out of place. Her mane was in a ponytail, her wings each had a blade covering from middle to the tips of the feathered appendage. Her hamlet was made of withstand any fatal blows or damages to the wearers’ head. Her right wing had blackened feathers, this made it rather hard to fly, but she knew that diving off cliffs could solve that problem. She knew Fang would call for her aid when he needed her most, and this was one of those times.

Fang was only the other pony, (aside from Soul and herself) who knew the feeling of being different and special in a way. It was time to tell the troops, prepare to leave for Transylmaneia, and not just to help other in need but also a somepony who meant more than the world itself to Twilight. Turning to the doors of her room after taking one last look at the portrait of the royal diamond family, Ayla Wing Twilight’s aunt, stood the left of her mother, Violet Light. Her father Heart Flight stood on Violet Light’s right, two little foals front of the three adults. Twilight Amora Heart stood to the right, Mi Amore Cadenca stood to the left completing what had been left of the *Diamond Kingdom’s Once Great Line. After five turns in the various hallways, Twilight came to the main balcony of the palace she stepped into the moonlight for all to see. Far, far below stood the Diamond Army looking at the moonlit balcony their ruler stood upon.

Twilight cleared her throat, hoping that if she was to lead these brave stallions and mares to their end that they would understand. “My soldiers, my children. I know that you all might be wondering why you have been gathered here tonight, I received a letter from the King of Transylmaneia Crimson Fang. In his letter he said 'War is on the door steps of meny kingdom, including my own. I've requested help from the other kingdoms, and none have answered my call. We've been fighting for two days straight. Our defences are falling fast, and many are dying.'" she took breath before continuing, "I know that you are scared or even wanting to step down from your potion in this army. If you do so, I will not hold this choice against you. But if you choose to stay and fight your courage will be honored."

No pony moved from where they stood, Twilight hadn't thought that her speech would bring her army, her ponies, her family, pride in what they did best on the battlefield. They took pride in helping other ponies, or in this case another kingdom in need.

"Thank you, my brothers, my sisters, my family. We march for Tarnsylmaeia in 2 hours, be perpared my children." Twilight had said with a warm smile, the army of mares stallions raised their shields or weapons as they shouted, "Ah-Hoo!"

~~~~~

Twilight had geathered her saddlebags and a map withn the 2 hour that she and her army would depart from thiswonderful haven they called home. The army consisted of four sections each had 2 generals in command. The first section was the earth ponies, the second section was the pegasi, the third section was the unicorns, the fourth and final section was the alicorns. . Twilight commanded the alicorns section of the army only, but also commanded the army as a whole. The Diamond Army only had 5000 forces and they would be able to fight with just ponies alone, they needed more arms in this battle and Twilight knew where to find more. The army had been marching through Blackroot Forest, Twilight's first home. A howl cut through the air all but one pony in the whole army had stopped to look around in fear. The only pony who hadn't stopped was Twilight, she knew who that was, her adoptive mother and family.

"My Queen?" FireTail asked, the worry in his voice was clearly noticable. "What was that?"
"That, Firetail." Twilight answered in a calm voice. "Was one of my family."

As if on cue, a timberwolf with blue eyes and white wings appeared on the cliff above the army. Twilight knew who this timberwolf was, her adoptive mother, Marla. To everypony's surprise, Twilight approached the she-wolf without a fear to be seen. "Hello Mother, it's been a long time."

"Yes, it has. You're here for something aren't you Laylay (Lie-Lie)?" Marla asked.
"We need your help, the help of...." Twilight was cut off by Marla.

"You mean 'my help’ as in, the help of the timberwolves?"
"Yes, we don't have reinforcements. I am sure you can pull that off, can't you?"

"Of course, my daughter. Meet us at the eastern edge of the Blackfruit Forest."
"Alright mother."

~~~~~

The Diamond Army waited for the timberwolves to show up at the rendezvous point that Marla had said. It had been about an hour and a half since the army had arrived, Twilight was sitting with her eyes closed patiently waiting for her family and the others to arrive. From the tree line

paw steps came to the waiting army's eyes, the timberwolves had arrived at long last. Marla lead the wolves along with her husband (Draco), two daughters (Lila , and Kitty) and three sons (Cooper, Sleet, and Aqua). The family reunion would have to till after a long walk, and camp was set up.

"Move out!" Twilight said taking lead of her ponies, as her family was taking lead of the wolves. And so The Match For Transylmaneia had truly begun.