• Published 1st Feb 2015
  • 1,500 Views, 27 Comments

Without the Magic of Friendship - Powered by corn



Both the mane and human six seem to rely on the Magic of Friendship every time there's a threat. What would they do without it?

  • ...
4
 27
 1,500

Chapter 6: Visitor

If a situation could get any worse, the five remaining Rainbooms would disagree. They were held hostage in the middle of a dense forest. The night air was cold and slight fog had rolled in from Deranged’s doing. They girls weren’t so much worried for their sake, as they were for Equestria’s sake. They had just been blackmailed into agreeing to reveal the location of the portal. They knew Twilight would be angry, but she would understand knowing the circumstances: The banished were about to set Pinkie Pie on fire.

It seemed like a lousy deal to the Rainbooms, but at least they were going to take Aria back to Sonata; though they hoped. If Aria would jump through the portal, it would mean that only Sonata would be left in this world. Adagio was already in Equestria; that’s what Sonata told them, but it was risky to show Aria the portal too.

The Rainbooms couldn’t help but feel this was their entire fault: They weren’t careful enough, and so Trixie found the portal. She told Adagio about it, and got a pendant in exchange. She most likely got it fixed in Equestria and then used it to curse them, but that could be speculating too much. Who would even agree to help Trixie?

The five of them were still in the forest, and were all tied up. They were sat against the broken cabin of the banished, which still amazed the girls how all five of them could live in it. Pinkie was still being held by Abyss near the fire, with her hands strapped behind her back.

“Untie them,” Tamed Merak ordered. The other banished listened as Abyss and Blooming Illusion proceeded to untie the girls. Once abyss ripped loose the ropes tied to Pinkie’s hands she ran over to her friends. The four were untied as well, and they all surrounded Pinkie and hugged her. They kept the hug for a good five seconds until Merak ordered them to stop.

“Alright girls, we don’t mean to rush but we don’t have… automobiles, so we’re walking.”

Already Merak assumed he knew what he was doing, even though the girls hadn’t shown them anything yet. How would he know if it was right in the forest, or across the land?

Fluttershy spoke as quietly as she could to her friends while they were still in a closed circle. “How are we going to get out of this one,” she whispered.

“Oh, you aren’t,” Tamed replied to the girls surprise. “Don’t think I can’t hear you. I know you girls are going to plan an escape again, which is why we aren’t going to leave you out of our site.”

“Merak, we better get going. We don’t know how far this portal is,” Illusion stated.

“You’re right,” Tamed replied, “it’s best if we travel by night.”

The ten of them walked away from the campsite. Tamed Merak and Blooming Illusion were walking in the front; they most likely knew the quickest way out of the forest and into town, because they had to do it often to steal the supplies they obtained. Walking in the rear were Deranged Drift and Abyss; they made sure the Rainbooms wouldn’t run off if they ever tried.

For some reason though, Aria was walking with the Rainbooms; she didn’t speak a word, but she wasn’t walking ahead with Tamed and Blooming, or behind with Abyss and Deranged. Perhaps the timing Aria left relative with the others happened to make her walk aside the girls, but then again, she could just speed up or slow down to walk with her companions. Though, the way Aria acted and talked with the others made it seem like she didn’t like being here.

The girls themselves were keeping very quiet. It was partly due to not wanting the banished to hear anything they had to say, but also due to what they could hear from the conversation in front of them. They could over hear what Tamed and Blooming were discussing. They were curious what is was about, so they all quietly listened.

“I can’t believe it,” Tamed said, “We get to leave. For years, I’ve been in this world. I’ve seen everything about this place. It’s actually much like Equestria, yet so different.”

“If these girls aren’t lying, then we're just about to see how much Equestria has changed since. I personally wasn’t banished too long ago, but you and Abyss were.”

“True, but Aria beats all of us: An entire thousand years ago she was banished.”

They went on for a while about this world and how they were exited to leave and return to Equestria. Though, where the conversation led wasn’t what the girls were expecting.”

“You know,” Tamed started, “I’ve been in this forest for long enough to understand one thing.”

“And that is?” Blooming replied.

“Whether we talk, stand on two legs, have fur or not, we’re all animals. Why would I have this double standard for animals and ponies to where I ended up causing havoc to towns; just because my foal school classmates made fun of me? Now I understand how dumb it all was, but I only realized after I was banished.”

“I feel ya,” Blooming replied. “I don’t even know why I ever tried tormenting others to get what I wanted. I mean heck, I was just as greedy as a dragon.”

“I tell you what," Tamed said, "If we actually get back to Equestria, I’m using my animal talent for good, or at least not evil. Besides, everypony I hated is probably dead by now, unless one of them became an alicorn.”

“Same,” Blooming curtly replied, agreeing to use her talent for good. “Anything’s better than living in a forest as a human.”

The Rainbooms would have continued listening, but unexpectedly, Aria started speaking to them. There was no context or anything to set her off; she just randomly decided to engage in conversation with them.

“Hey, I’m sorry about what happened back there. I tried my best to make sure plan B didn’t happen, but it’s done now.”

“Look, Aria,” Applejack started, “whether you hate us or not, holding Pinkie over the fire wasn’t the way you should get us to confess.”

“Equestria could be in danger if they all go back,” Rarity said. “Of course, you wouldn’t even understand, because you’d probably do the same.”

“And if you leave, there’s no way we're going to get rid of this curse. You're going back to Equestria with the rest of them. And I, I would have broken a Pinkie promise,” Pinkie stated, becoming sad to the thought of breaking her promise to Sonata.

Aria eyes stared down to the ground as she slowed down to stay a little behind the Rainbooms. She did understand their pain though. She herself has been defeated many times now; the feeling she witnessed from the Rainbooms was all too familiar for her. Aria almost saw herself in them at that point; she felt sorry for them. Aria may not like the Rainbooms much, but she was still a being who had empathy.

“You haven’t broken your promise yet,” Aria stated, which made all the girls turn around in place.

“Hey, keep moving,” Abyss told the girls.

They listened, but still kept their eyes on Aria. Was she about to tell them something they would love to hear?

“What do you mean?” Pinkie asked.

“I’ll admit it!” Aria yelled, “Okay, maybe I do miss Sonata a little. Though she got on my nerves sometimes you girls are right, we have been through a lot together.”

The girls could help but smile for they had finally broken through the wall blocking Aria’s feelings.

“Are you saying you’ll stay here? Rainbow asked.

Aria hesitated to the question and pondered it for a long time, “*sigh* yes, but be aware I’m not doing this for you girls.”

“That’s fine with us,” Applejack spoke in a slightly incoherent way because her muscles were smiling too hard while trying to speak.

“Ah, here we are,” Tamed said. Everyone else took a gander forward to find that they were nearing the edge of the dark forest. The streetlights were permeating through the think trees, giving enough light to be able to recognize distinct faces on each other.

When the ten of them exited the forest, the Rainbooms immediately noticed one thing. There stood Rarity’s car, parked right where they had left it! The five stared intently at the car, then at each other. They were all thinking the same thing: If we run, we can all get into the car and drive away before they catch us. But something was holding them all back. Perhaps it was the fact they had Aria word of staying in this world, or how the banished didn’t seem too threatening based on their conversations. But maybe it was just a trick; a trick to gain the trust of the Rainbooms, and as soon as they crossed the portal, they would go back to their old selves.

Despite their doubt, they continued past the car and down the sidewalk of the street they drove to get to the forest. The night was still dark, however, the streetlights were giving periods of dim–orange luminosity.

“Alright, we’re out of the forest,” Tamed spoke, “You girls now lead the way now.”

None of the girls spoke a word as they all passed Tamed and Blooming down the thin sidewalk. They walked on the street to pass them; it didn’t really matter, there were no cars driving on the road this late at night.

The long and silent walk seemed like an eternity for both the Rainbooms and banished. Canterlot High school certainly wasn’t close to where the forest was. The forest was near the bad side of town, and the city was separated by a small set of hills they had to walk across. However, even the longest journeys come to and end, and so the soon they neared CHS.

“How can we trust that they are taking us to the right place?” Blooming asked the rest of the banished, who were all farther behind the Rainbooms.

“We can’t,” Abyss replied.

“If t-they are though, I-I would really like to make it up—to them,” Deranged spoke, almost being borderline incoherent.

“How can we even make it up to them if we will be in Eque–, never mind,” Tamed said, not trying to stoop down to Deranged’ logic.

The ten of them arrived at Canterlot High school and the Rainbooms stopped in front of the statue. The five of them turned around, signaling that the portal was in fact the statue.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Aria said, “It was here the whole time? I must have passed this statue so many times by now.”

The five banished stared at the statue, then back at the Rainbooms. They couldn’t really help but believe they were pranking them.

“Do I look like a fool to you girls?” Tamed asked them. “It can’t possibly be in front of a public school.”

“Don’t ask us, we didn’t put it here,” Pinkie stated.

“You girls are telling me, that not one person has attempted to lean against this statue and fallen through?” Blooming asked.

“Apparently not,” Fluttershy responded.

Tamed took a step forward, then looked at the banished behind him. He knew none of them were going to move, so he decided he was going to test out if it was true or not. Tamed walked past the five girls and stared at the statue’s base. He reached out and placed his hand straight on the stonewall. His palm rested flat on the surface; he took his other hand and placed it on the wall as well. He felt around, but the wall was hard as stone.

Tamed Merak turned around and looked at the Rainbooms. “I knew it.”

What he didn’t know though, was he was testing the wrong side of the portal. “Um, sorry we didn’t tell you this, but the portal’s on this side,” Pinkie said as she pointed to the side, which was facing the school.

“This is your last chance,” Tamed said, “I will not be made a fool again.” Tamed approached the front side of the statue, where this time he decided to do it more deftly not to make him look as much as an idiot as before. Tamed brought back his right foot and attempted to tap the wall with his shoe, except instead of hearing a tap and a forceful sensation in his foot, his leg kept going forward as if there weren’t even a wall there.

He looked down in astonishment to find half his right leg submerged in the wall, and he saw that the wall was slightly translucent. He was seeing his foot on the other side, except it wasn’t his jeans and shoe he was seeing; it was his back hoof, as grey as he remembered it to be.

The rest of the banished also looked in amazement as Tamed started waving his leg around in the portal.

“There’s no way,” Tamed spoke, as he took his foot back out the portal. He and the rest were lost for words; it was actually true, the portal to Equestria. They didn’t even know if it actually existed, but there it was, right before their eyes.

The girls were still slightly scared, but for some reason smiles formed on all their faces; seeing the astonishment and appreciation from the banished made them feel happy. They were about to change the lives of four sad souls stuck in a world they didn’t belong to. Also seeing the pure joy on the faces of them, almost made them forget how just a couple hours ago these people were chasing them down.

“Well,” Tamed said to the others, “what do you say we finally get back to our home universe.” The rest nodded their heads except Aria, and approached the portal.

“I don’t even care what kind of ruling there is in Equestria,” Abyss said, “I’m just excited to get back.” Abyss took one last look around the place before walking though the portal.

“Who knows,” Blooming Illusion started, “maybe I haven’t been gone long enough for my family to still be alive.” She too walked in after Abyss.

“Hehe, I’m gonna miss you girls,” Deranged told the Rainbooms before she ran into the portal.

Tamed looked at the Rainbooms. He didn’t look so threatening at the moment; he had a smile on his face. “Hey, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but we do appreciate what you girls have done.”

“Just get out of here!” Rainbow yelled, still not over what he had done to Pinkie Pie.

“I wasn’t actually going to kill your pink haired friend; it was only a bluff,” Tamed said.

“Doesn’t justify what you did,” Rarity stated. However, what did they expect; it was most likely the curse doing the work. Perhaps the banished were actually really nice, but their curse brought the bad side of them.

With that final line from Rarity, Tamed walked through the portal like the rest. The girls may have just sent bad people back to Equestria, but then again, maybe not. As Aria had said earlier, they really weren’t that bad of people; some of them were sent her by accident.

“*Sigh* so where’s Sonata?” Aria said after a moment of watching all her companions leave to Equestria without her.

“Well,” Applejack started, “She works in the kitchen at this school, so we’ll find her here tomorrow.”

“Do you even have a place to stay?” Rarity asked.

“Uh… no,” Aria replied.

“She can stay at your place, Rarity,” Rainbow said, purposely trying to avoid Aria staying at hers.

“Well, err— I, have to pick up my car, and that’s going to take me a long time,” Rarity cleverly thought of.

“Phht,” Aria sounded, “I don’t need to st–”

“You can stay at my house!” Pinkie yelled, excited she could have a sleepover. The rest said nothing; they‘d let Pinkie be the team player. They all then looked at Aria, waiting for her to respond.

“I don’t need to go anywhere; I can just stay here,” Aria said. They girls knew what she was getting at and they would not leave her out of their site. If they left her here, she will enter the portal; they don’t trust her enough.

“No, I insist,” Pinkie said while taking a bow and lifting one arm in the air.

“Really though, I don’t–”

“You’re going to my house whether you like it or not,” Pinkie said, pointing her finger at Aria. Everyone was caught in surprise at the stern comment Pinkie just made, but it could just be that Pinkie was tired and still angry over the whole fire incident.

“*Sigh* whatever,” Aria reluctantly agreed.

Hooray!” Pinkie yelled.

If Aria told her past self at the beginning of the day, that she would end up having a sleep over at Pinkie Pie’s house, she would have laughed. ‘Can’t believe I was dragged into trusting the Rainbooms,’ she thought. Maybe it was just time to accept their hospitality.


The next day rolled by and the girls met up in front of the statue. It was earlier than the start of school because they wanted to make sure they caught Sonata before they had to go anywhere near the inside of the school. They were all tired, but that was because they slept late and got up early.

“So *yawn*, how was your night, Aria," Applejack asked.

Aria started to speak but was cut off, “Well–”

“It was sooo much fun!” pinkie yelled. “We arrived at my house, set up a mattress for Aria, and immediately went to sleep. Then we woke up, got ready for school, and came here.”

“Seems like a lot of fun,” Rainbow said sarcastically.

“Anyway,” Aria started, “where’s Sonata?” It really didn't seem like Aria was too patient.

“She’ll probably be here some time around now to the start of school,” Fluttershy said.

A few early students from CHS were walking by them, still giving the Rainbooms harsh looks. At first, Aria thought these stares were directed towards her until the weirdest thing happened to her.

“Hey Aria,” one student spoke as he walked by, “loved your music, too bad you lost to these girls.”

“Excuse me?” Aria muttered to herself.

Aria knew about the curse and why people hated the Rainbooms, but she forgot how it was a swap; she gets the recognition the Rainbooms used to have.

“Yeah, you’re probably really popular at this school right now,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Hold on a second,” Aria requested, “How did you even get cursed? You mentioned Trixie did this, but that’s not possible.”

Fluttershy spoke, “Adagio gave Trixie her broken pendant in exchange for her revealing the location to this portal.”

“That backstabbing siren! I knew she would leave us if she had the chance!” Aria yelled.

“Now look, you don’t have to worry," Applejack assured. "Sunset Shimmer is getting Adagio in Equestria as we speak.”

‘She knew about the portal, and never told us,’ Aria thought to herself.

At that moment Principal Celestia dropped of Sonata at the curb in front of CHS, while the principal continued over to the parking lot. Fluttershy noticed first, and the smile on her face told the rest to look as well.

Aria was particularly surprised to find who was driving the car. “She’s with the principal?” Aria asked

Yeeeaaah,” Pinkie slowly said.

Sonata turned around after waving goodbye to Principal Celestia. She immediately noticed Aria standing with the remaining five girls.

“*Gasp* Ari!” Sonata yelled as she ran over to Aria and gave her a tight hug.

“owf,” Aria released a puff of air as a result of Sonata’s tight squeezing. “Hey Sonata—a little, to tight,”

“I can’t believe they found you!” Sonata said, releasing her tight grip on Aria.

"You have no idea," Rainbow decided to let Sonata know.

“Why didn’t you come looking for me?” Aria immediately spoke after Rainbow.

Sonata was confused at the slight angry tone in Aria’s voice so soon after seeing each other. “Well, you didn’t want us to bother you.”

“Yeah, but I wrote in the note, that if you find a way back to Equestria, you come get me!” Aria yelled.

Sonata’s smile turned upside down as she witnessed Aria already getting mad at her. She didn’t even do anything wrong this time.

“But I didn’t know,” Sonata said.

“Yes you did,” Aria replied, “this very portal Adagio went through!” She pointed toward the statue, which immediately made the girls worried. This wasn’t part of the plan: Sonata wasn’t supposed to find out about this portal too.

I didn’t know there was a portal here,” Sonata said.

“What, but Trixie told you,” Aria stated.

“No, she must have only told Adagio, and then Adagio left without us. I was never aware of the portal, Ari,” Sonata realized as she spoke. Her realization that Adagio had left them made her look at the statue in bare sadness.

“Are you kidding me, Adagio!” Aria indirectly cursed, while looking at the portal. Now both Sonata and Aria were staring at the wall of the statue.

“Okay now,” Applejack said, “Don’t worry about Adagio, she’ll be back with Sunset soon enough.

Aria gave Applejack a deep stare; she looked as if she were contemplating something.

“I have to teach Adagio a lesson,” Aria told Applejack and the others.

“Ari?” Sonata asked.

“What ever you’re thinking, don’t so it,” Applejack said. She saw it in Aria’s eyes; she was about to jump through the portal.

Aria gave one last look at the girls and smiled. “I’m doing you girls a favor.” Aria then jumped through the portal with one leap and was completely submerged in the wall.

All the girls looked at the portal in horror. She did it; she actually went back to Equestria.

“Where did she go,” Sonata said, breaking the silence. None of them said anything, all the chances they had; they were all gone now.

“I sensed she would do this, but not so soon,” Rarity said.

Rainbow Dash looked at her friends, then back at the portal. ‘Should I do it?’ she thought. Now she had an excuse; she should chase after Aria, she didn’t know how she’d catch her, but she didn’t know what else to do. Standing here in this world wasn’t going to solve anything if two of the three sirens were in Equestria.

Rainbow Dash put her best serious face on, and looked up at the colt statue.

“Rainbow Dash, are you okay?” Fluttershy asked her.

“Better than ever,” Rainbow replied, and she ran into the wall, braced herself for a possible impact, but no impact came.

“Rainbow Dash!” they all yelled, but it was too late; she was already through the portal.

“No, but,” Rarity started, “she can’t! We can’t go to Equestria! We shouldn’t go to Equestria! What can she possibly cause when she arrives!”

“Get a hold of yourself, Rarity!” Pinkie yelled while shaking Rarity by grabbing her at the shoulders.

“Rarity’s right though, Pinkie,” Applejack said, “Rainbow Dash wanted to go to Equestria more than any of us, but it’s too dangerous, especially because of our curse.”

“Then why don’t you girls go after her?” Sonata asked. They had forgotten that Sonata was still with them and witnessed the whole ordeal.

“We can’t,” Applejack said, “you know about the portal now Sonata. If we all leave then how can anyone make sure you don’t escape too.”

Sonata stared at Applejack blankly, not understanding what she meant. “I’m just saying, if you get Aria and Adagio yourselves, then we can break the curse.”

“Oh,” Applejack said. ‘Was Sonata really this clueless about the whole situation’ Applejack thought. ‘Whatever, better her be clueless than be like Aria.’


Rainbow Dash couldn’t believe it. She went right through the stonewall; she had never felt the odd sensation like that before. Twilight never told them how walking through the portal felt like walking through gelatin.

‘Amazing,’ she thought. Her field of view soon turned into a bombardment of pastel colors all pointing into a single white blur at the end of what looked like a tunnel. She had no idea what she was looking at, but it was definitely awesome. Sparkles were flying by her, while orange, pink, purple, cyan, and even light green streaks were rushing about as she herself was flung around the tunnel. It didn’t hurt; it just felt like she was being stretched.

Then next thing Rainbow Dash knew, she was on the floor of a room. The floor was a deep purple yet, not a carpet; it was an odd color for a floor to be. She looked around to find books stacked on shelves all the way up the celling, but there was no ladder to reach the books. ‘Telekinesis’ she thought.

There were also tables, however, these tables were much lower than tables you found back in her world. The windows looked opaque and were an emerald green, but what was more interesting was what were around the windows—crystal. It almost appeared as if the crystal was eating up the walls of this library, growing like a tree or vines up the walls. The crystal was a violet color and was the brightest gemstone she had ever seen if her life. The sheer size of it must make it worth millions back in her world.

Rainbow Dash felt different though. She knew Twilight said they were ponies in Equestria, but couldn’t ever really confirm until now. Rainbow looked down at her hooves. She got up and looked under her legs to see her tail.

“Yep, definitely a pony!” Rainbow yelled excitedly. All of Equestria was just speculation and guessing, but now she would be able to see everything herself.

Rainbow looked back at her closed wings. She knew this world’s version of her was a Pegasus, because she and Fluttershy were the only two to get wings after playing songs, besides Twilight. She was already a natural flyer with her human wings, but here there was a problem: She couldn’t seem to control the muscles in her pony wings. No matter how much she tried, she couldn’t open them.

“Ehh, I’ll figure it out.”

Rainbow looked back further than her wings to see the weird contraption making the portal work. There were wires and vacuum hoses, only they didn’t act the same. The wires were filled with a fuchsia substance, and two pistons were going up and down, but they were pushing out a weird pink fabric, which Rainbow couldn’t even describe.

“Whoa, I knew this world was different, but what is that even?

Funny enough, the entrance of the portal was the shape of a horseshoe, the same symbol at the front of Canterlot High school. ‘Maybe that’s why they’re linked,’ she thought. Rainbow Dash was done with standing around though; she needed to locate Aria, and perhaps she’ll run into Adagio or Sunset if she was “lucky”.

‘How is Sunset doing with Adagio by the way?’ Rainbow thought to herself, knowing Sunset must still be in Equestria.

As Rainbow started walking, she immediately stopped for two reasons. The first was because of how weird it felt to her. Being in a completely different body wasn’t what you experienced on a daily basis. The second reason was because of what she saw; one of the emerald colored windows was completely smashed through. Broken glass was on the purple floor, and she could see the blue sky in the background.

Rainbow walked over to the edge of the window, but trotted carefully not to injure herself with the glass. But when she started walking over it, the glass didn’t hurt at all. The hooves were much tougher than feet were on humans. She reached the broken window and looked down.

Eeeeaaahh!” she yelled. She was at least 200 feet above the ground. That got her think about something else. ‘Does this world use the imperial system? What if I sound like a complete egghead to everyone with my human terms? Everyone, everyone—everypony?”

Rainbow got caught in her in her own worries that she didn’t even realize how far she was leaned out of the window. A shard of glass, still hanging at the top of the window fell and landed next to Rainbow causing her to jump from the noise. The scare caused a natural reflex, which caused Rainbow Dash’s wing to fly open. This time, however, she was having the opposite problem; now she couldn’t close her wings. When she took one hoof to try and force her wings down, the outside breeze picked of and blew on her spread out wings.

Rainbow Dash flew right out of the window and was falling to her doom. She couldn’t seem to get control of her positioning, but as soon as her body was right side up she was able to glide with her wings right before she hit the ground. Rainbow came in at a shallow angle, but still crashed head first into the dirt.

Rainbow was prepared for an extremely painful dirt burn; however, it didn’t hurt nearly as much as she thought it would. She was going about 40 miles an hour, yet she took the crash quite well. ‘Could ponies in this world take a much greater beating than humans?’ Rainbow thought. Maybe Pegasi specifically were like that due to their natural chance of crashing. Rainbow Dash was learning much from this world and she had only been here for a few minutes.

“Man that was a close one,” Rainbow said. She got up and wiped the dirt off her with her hooves; it was much less efficient than hands, but what can she really expect without the surface area from fingers. It was almost bothersome not to have fingers, almost like an OCD, but she had other things to focus on; like the massive castle that was towering over her. For some reason the castle was in the shape of a tree; a really—big tree. The whole entire trunk was made purely of crystal; violet at the bottom, and becoming more cyan as it went up. Amazingly there was little wear on the entire castle as far as Rainbow Dash could see. There stood the purple castle atop the crystal trunk; golden yellow roofing with a giant six-sided—possibly eight—sided crystal star at the very top. It looked familiar; it actually looked like the very star, which was on Twilight’s skirt she wore at CHS.

‘This must be Twilight’s castle!’ Rainbow thought. ‘But I shouldn’t look for her, Sunset told us how she shouldn’t be messed with at the moment.

Rainbow looked around and got her bearing of Equestria. Facing the castle, to her left was a still blue lake, nothing to peculiar. Straight ahead were the steepest mountains she had ever seen. Snowy tops; clouds overhead; Sun was just as bright as in the human world.

‘This really is a parallel world,’ she thought once more.

Rainbow turned toward the town, which was over to her right. ‘Twilight had mentioned the name of this place once,’ she thought, ‘what was it… Ponytown? No, Ponyville.’ She kind of thought the name was pretty generic. ‘It’s like if we call our city name, Humansville. Except that place actually exists, so that example was completely useless.’

Rainbow Dash noticed that her wings were still fully extended. She tried once more to force them down with her hooves. This time there was no high altitude breeze to stop her in the middle of folding them. They stayed down, but she hoped she could soon learn how to move the muscles.

She looked back at the town. All the houses were very similar to each other and none were any taller than the others. ‘All the roofs were made of hay, but that’s what horses eat, don’t they?’ Rainbow decided to leave logic from her world behind; this place was going to have many unexplainable things, so might as well stop questioning it now.

Now that she had her bearing, Rainbow Dash was ready to proceed with why she even came here, besides her utter curiosity of course.

“Oh right, Aria.”

Rainbow Dash looked around. She angled her face in odd ways to cope with the small blockage her muzzle gave within her field of view. Besides the window most likely being wrecked by Aria, she didn’t notice anything to suggest her previous presence here. Rainbow assumed Aria was the one to break the window for multiple reasons. The shattering was new, based on how there was still glass chipping away from the window. Also, Aria probably wouldn’t know the layout of the castle; she certainly wouldn’t want to get lost in Twilight’s castle.

That got Rainbow to think one thing though, ‘that would mean she has wings. Or maybe—in this world—she’s the horse–fish looking creature like at the battle.’ Rainbow Dash was learning more about the Dazzlings, even without one of her magic friend’s help. ‘They could all be pegasi, but then what were those creatures they transformed into at the battle of the bands?’

Rainbow came with the conclusion that she should be looking for giant pony–fish. She thought while she was at it, she could learn the actual name of what they’re called.

As always, Rainbow was out of luck. Aria could have gone in any direction, and Rainbow doesn’t know where to even start looking. She couldn’t just fly around and scout the land, because she still hasn’t learned the basics to controlling her wings yet.

Then Rainbow came up with a great plan, “witnesses! The towns folks must have seen Aria fly off; they can tell me which way she went and everything.” She set off into the city to ask ponies if they have seen Aria. Though, maybe caught up in her great idea, she forgot that she still had the enmity curse, and in this world, creatures were much more threatening.

Comments ( 4 )

I wonder what the dazzlings would look. You know in the box art they are flutter ponies but in the movie they are those hrse fish things. I wanted to belive that normally the 3 were flutter ponie but someone corrupted them into the sirens.

I have to say but those 3 are my favorite characters along sunset

Ohhhhhh, dear.

When's the next chapter?

Login or register to comment