• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 2,956 Views, 70 Comments

The Mannequin of Carousel Boutique - Emeralddragon2



When dispelling a color changing enchantment, Rarity discovers that one of her mannequins is a little more than it seems.

  • ...
15
 70
 2,956

epilogue

epilogue

Author's Notes

Whether or not the 'Mannequin of Carousel Boutique' is a fact or a falsity remains to be seen. The owner of the establishment denies any allegations (as expected) and her younger sibling has proven to be a very unreliable witness. Undercover attempts have resulted in one restraining order and the confirmation that Miss Rarity Belle has excellent hearing. Return investigations have been permanently postponed.

My own personal motives for working on this material stem from an attempt to improve my creative skills. Sometimes there are narratives that have to be told, and if I'm going to be telling it then only my best efforts will do. I find that my current best efforts result in a very visual experience in the details but is time consuming in the process. My skills also hold tendencies to follow tropes very closely, which can result in a bit of 'cheesiness' and predictability (like in a popular anime). But I would admit that I write this way on purpose because I enjoy the result. If anything, I feel I need to work on being able to put more story into fewer words, without losing any important detail.

In conclusion, as the creator and editor of these documents I would like to thank all those who found an interest in these events, especially the ones assisting in fact checking and formatting, and those commenting during the posting of the documents. I apologize for the extended length of time in publishing these documents because I only worked on these when I was 'in the zone' so to speak.

Lastly, Yes I do read every note and comment but I take an extended time in answering them because I am a total gossip and I have a terrible habit of spoiling my own material. BUT, any questions you have about anything I will now be able to answer in the comments.

tldr THANKS FOR READING

-Emeralddragon2

Comments ( 15 )

Whats with that ending though it went nowherr.

Nuuuuuu Damn you, I'm disappointed :D

I'm not sure there was a climax to this story. It felt like it was barely into the "rising action" section of a story arc.

Yeah, I have to agree. This just kind of...peters out. There's no real resolution, no climax. You have the beginning of a story here, not the end.

I'd say start a Displaced fic.

But then again I'm biased and want more crossovers with my own Displaced story.

Changelings fit the topic of "changing" just fine.

I can definitely see this going farther.

...And maybe I should take my shipping goggles off, but I can totally see them as an item.

6009683

it doesn't appear to actually be the end

:flutterrage: Really? :flutterrage:

...come on, it barely even got started and you're ending it already?!

I read it in Rarity's voice.

I liked humor, I liked description of anthro ponies, I absolutely hated shipping Lady Rarity with a filthy of of a changeling it didn't roll into shipping.
And that "manly squeak"... That was very hard to imagine

6674475 I read that part and learned how to do a spittake

6226081 It's easier if you've ever heard of Golden Brisk.

I kinda want a sequel to this. Maybe with him eventually being revealed, or Rarity telling Thorax about Rabble.

Login or register to comment