• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 304 Views, 7 Comments

Garden of the Sun - runner2



A breif refuge from recent events allows Celestia to remember better times... until the present events are returned to, with their heartache.

  • ...
 7
 304

The News Revealed

Back on Equus, the sisters traveled to the nearest city that was untouched by the event. After entering town hall and speaking with the mayor, they set up a meeting to announce what had happened. The time and place set, the sisters took their leave. Renting a nearby hotel for the night, the sisters eventually got to bed.

The following morning brought a massive crowd to the town hall of ponies with questions about what had happened. Nopony had been able to enter the central part of Equestria either by land or air. Many were worried about what was happening over there and wanting to see relatives and friends that were seemingly stuck there. In a rough ring about 100 miles out in any direction from Canterlot, there was a wall of what looked to be molten rock.

The princesses exchanged glances with each other and prepared themselves. Stepping out onto the stage, Luna quickly raised a hoof to stall any questions that might be asked. Celestia then approached the podium and began speaking,

"Greeting my little ponies. I'm here to tell you all of the events that took place last week in the heart of Equestria. As many of you are aware, the central area of Equestria is currently inaccessible to everyone at this time. The cause of this was a magical solar discharge that originated in Canterlot. On Thursday of last week, Queen Chrysalis attempted to attack and take over Canterlot using a brute force attack rather then the stealth methods she had used before.

"After a drawn out fight between myself, Luna, the Element Bearers, and Chrysalis' forces, she managed to get by my defenses and land a bit on me. This bite, while not very painful, did inject me with a toxin that caused me to lose control of my magic. The resulting effects caused my magic to run wild."

Celestia was trying very hard to avoid breaking down on stage, but could no longer keep up her stoic appearance. She collapsed to the stage and began crying. Luna rushed over to comfort her as best as she could. Celestia then pushed Luna toward the podium, indicating that she should continue the retelling of events.

With a sad expression, Luna rose and made her way to the podium. The crowd was silent and in shock of seeing their ruler in tears. Luna tapped the podium with a hoof and began speaking,

"The sun's energy in Celestia was violently released then. Whenever my sister would lose control before, as rare as it was, she would simply teleport to the sun itself and allow the power to be released there. But with the poison from Chrysalis affecting her, she could not control her magic enough to allow her to teleport. The release happened in the middle of the palace's throne room and spread out from there at unimaginable speeds. In the span of about 30 seconds, the blast reached roughly 100 miles out in all directions from Canterlot."

Luna paused in her speech then to fight back some tears of her own. Many of the ponies still didn't seem to grasp the severity of what has happened, but several were beginning to understand, as indicated by their tears. The hardest part to tell was next. She hoped the ponies would not take it too hard.... but that was probably hoping for too much. Thus, she continued with her speech,

"Everything within 100 miles from Canterlot is gone. The remnants of the energies released will make the area uninhabitable for quite some time, but will eventually clear. The loss is great for everyone and we feel the pain as much as any of you. I lost friends and ponies whom I had come to know and respect in my time back from my banishment all those years ago. But my sister lost so much more.

"Twilight Sparkle and the other Element Bearers were in the palace during the event. None of them were able to get away in time."

Celestia's cries rose in volume then and many in the crowd were now joining her with their tears. They cried for those lost; loved ones, family, friends, ...and heroes. This was a tragic time in Equestria. One that the passage of time would never truly heal.

Comments ( 7 )

Oh... ok
Twilight dead?? Wow...

5574417

Yes. Those tags aren't there just for the event... they are for those caught within the area during it.:fluttershyouch:

Its just.. i never thought Twilight of all ponies would perish........:fluttercry:

5575511

Twilight is indeed powerful... but standing up against the full might of the sun will be too much for any mortal pony.

I should try writing something a bit lighter in nature next time. :derpyderp2:

Well, the story was good, but yes, something lighter would be nice. Great story though!:scootangel:

5576127

I got some idea for others... although I rarely feel in the mood to put any of them to paper/notepad. :P

But thank you for liking it. :D

Login or register to comment