• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 2,312 Views, 63 Comments

Sweetest kind of love - Cuteclaws101



Sweetie belle and Button mash arent sure what's going on with them The story travels from when they were in elementary school in till they are young adults. What will happen in between those years, will they finally confess each others love?

  • ...
11
 63
 2,312

Chapter 4

Author's Note:

Hey there, everyone!
First off, I am insanely sorry for taking so long with this chapter! It was hard, getting back into it and some days, I was just so slow at writing. This chapter was originally supposed to be longer but I decided against that so I could add in Sweetie Belle's point of view and not make it too long. Speaking of the point of views, should I continue with that? I am not sure f it adds to the story or if it just makes it long and tedious so please give me thoughts on that! I am trying to get both points of views in the one chapter but I find it boring to basically rewrite the chapter in a slightly different way. Sometimes the different view points work but other times it is just plain boring. I don't know, what do yo think? :applejackunsure:

Chapter 4
The sound of the school bell was an absolute relief to Button Mash’s ears; the school day was finally over. Button was so eager to go home that he nearly forgot about waiting for Sweetie Belle so they could work on the project together.
He still couldn’t believe that he had asked her to come to his house and with such ease...in a way. He hoped he hadn’t weirded her out with his directness but then again, it was just a project that they were forced to work on together. Shaking his head, Button Mash forced his thoughts out of his mind and instead searched for Sweetie Belle, turning his head in all directions until he was alarmed by a sudden clasp on his shoulders and a loud “Hey!” Button jolted in response with a high pitched shriek and frantically turned around to see who it was.
“Heheh, I didn’t know a colt could even scream that high.” It was Scootaloo, giggling at the shocked Button Mash.

“O-Oh, H-Hey Scootaloo,” Button said weakly. “you surprised me!”

The orange filly giggled again. “I sure did, didn’t I?” she said, quite proud of herself. “Anyway, how’s it hangin’ Buttonator?”

“Buttonator?” He asked, puzzled. “Hey, I kind of like it! It’s like that game ‘Terminator’, only with my name! I can’t believe I’ve never thought of that before.”

Scootaloo looked at him with a confused expression on her face. “Terminator? What’s that?”

“Oh, right. Not many ponies know much about video games. It’s a shooting action kind of video game. It’s pretty gory so my mom doesn’t let me play it.”

“Huh, sounds kind of cool, I guess,” Scootaloo answered.

Just as they were about to continue their conversation, AppleBloom and Sweetie Belle, popped out of nowhere, making Button jump once again.

“There you are, Scootaloo!” said AppleBloom. “Oh, and Button too! Whatcha doin’?”

“We were just talking about a video game.” Button said.

“Not before I jump scared you! I can’t believe I got you so bad!” Scootaloo laughed good-heartedly and nudged him playfully in the arm.

“Heheh, right.” He laughed nervously, unsure of what to say.

“Sounds like you were havin’ fun!” AppleBloom said kindly. “Oh, Scoots, wanna work on that project at my place? I finished most of my chores yesterday, so I have time to work on it today.”

Scootaloo made an irritated look on her face and sighed. “Right, the project. Why must there be ANOTHER project when we just had one last week!?”

“I guess Miss.Cheerilee just really likes projects. I think she said she likes it cause it teaches people to work well together as a group. Anyway, are you free?”

“As always.” Scootaloo said. “Might as well get it over with. “

“Great!” AppleBloom responded. “Come on then. Let’s get to it! Who knows, maybe we’ll even get our cutie marks on project making!” She said enthusiastically.

Scootaloo simply chuckled, “I sure hope not.”

“We’ll see you two later!” AppleBloom yelled as she turned and ran away with Scootaloo at her heels, shouting, “Last one there is a rotten egg!”

They disappeared into the distance, leaving the silent Sweetie Belle and Button Mash. Neither had made a sound since AppleBloom and Scootaloo started talking to each other. It was if they were the background; There, yet not adding to the conversation.

“So.” Button Mash said, breaking the awkward silence. “Wanna work on that project now?”

Button Mash cursed himself for asking Sweetie Belle earlier when he could have just asked her now. No matter how awkward it was, it was better asking once then twice, when you didn't need to. “Oh, well.” he thought.

“Oh, r-right.” Sweetie Belle said nervously. It was the first thing she said, from her silent and anxious state.

“Okay! Let’s go!” Button said as enthusiastically as he could, trying to break free from their awkwardness.
He began to trot slowly away, hoping for Sweetie Belle to follow his lead.

“Right!” Sweetie Belle said and, matching his enthusiasm, and trotting after him as if imitating him. “Oh yeah, I have to go ask my sister if I can go to your house and work on the project, first. I live quite close to the town square, so it shouldn’t take us too long to get there!”

Button Mash was slightly surprised to hear the young filly speak after her long silence, but he was glad of it too. He might as well start a conversation.

“Ok, fine by me!” Button said cheerfully. “So. what does your sister do? Didn’t you say you lived in a boutique or something?”

O-O, yeah!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed, seeming a little shaken. “She makes clothing and dresses and stuff, so we just live upstairs. It’s really cool! You should SEE her creations! They’re AMAZING!” Sweetie Belle said with an adoration of her big sister. The more she spoke, the more she surprised Button with her energetic words, replacing her nervousness. He liked to hear her talk like this. It made him want to talk to just as much as energy as she did. This reminded Button of his younger, lively self. He used to speak as animated as Sweetie Belle was right now. Even more, in fact. Only that was back when he was oblivious to the cruel world around him and the bad memories of the past that hadn’t happened yet. How he wished he could just go back to the way it was before….Well, maybe he could, he thought. Maybe if there was something to look forward to, he could jump back to his old high-spirited self. As a matter of fact, he DID have something to look forward to; being a part of the CutieMark Crusaders! Although he wasn’t much interested in earning his cutie mark like the rest of the CMC’s, he was looking forward to hanging out with them and possibly even being friends! This positive thought put a higher bounce to his trot as he continued to walk beside Sweetie Belle.

“Uh, did I talk too much or something?” Sweetie Belle said to Button Mash, with a slight expression of concern on her face. “You kind of spaced out there for a second.”

“Sorry! I was just thinking about something. “And no, you're not talking too much at all! I like to hear what you say. Your sister sounds awesome!” He tried his best to apologize and hoped for Sweetie Belle to continue talking.

The pearly white filly looked dazed yet pleased with what Button had said and giggled. “Am I really not talking that much? I mean you spaced out when I kept talking about my sister. Sorry about that. I bet you have something interesting to say. Oh, and just ONE more thing about my sister. Even though she can be super awesome, she can be such a posh, neat freak pony. She’s all, “Sweetie Belle, don’t be so careless or you’ll ruin my dresses!” She spoke in a posh English accent, imitating her sister. “Or, Sweetie Belle, stop making such a mess! It’s making me queasy, seeing you all sloppy life that!”
Button Mush smiled nervously as Sweetie Belle continued to talk. She was just so amusing! He would never have thought that a filly like her would be so silly. She seemed so sweet and gentle. Well, she was, of course, just he didn’t expect her to be so fun too. She was just so perfect…

“Oh, heheh, I’m talking too much about my sister again, aren’t I.” She smiled, clearly embarrassed.

“What, no!” Button said more loudly than he meant to, causing his voice to surprise both himself and the filly beside him. “It’s really amusing to hear you talk about your sister! I can’t wait to meet her, well unless, she’s as posh as you say she is; I’m not the greatest at first impressions, especially with fancy ponies. They always think my hat is weird, well everyone thinks my hat’s weird.” Button gestured to his beanie hat, the propeller still spinning in the wind.

“Hey, I think your hat is cool! In a sort of odd, charming way.” Her face turned a light pink and she smiled nervously.
“REALLY?!” Button exclaimed. “No one's ever said that before! Thanks!” Button was feeling happier by the minute as their conversation went on.

“Your welcome!” She smiled. “As for my sister, she’s usually really nice to everypony. Unless you're me, I guess. We are sisters, after all, so we get into fights sometimes but we still love each other. She’s actually super generous too. Wait, did I mention she’s THE ELEMENT OF GENEROSITY?!”

“WHAT?!” Button gasped. “You're telling me your sister is the element of generosity. As in the elements of harmony?!” Button was astonished and felt ecstatic about this news.

“Yep!” Sweetie Belle said proudly. “The one and only. It’s pretty cool, right?”

“SUPERTABULOUSLY COOL!” Button bursted, his eyes and smile growing wider.

Sweetie Belle laughed her sweet laugh and smiled at Button Mash. “I know right! But you may want to hold back your amazement when you meet her. She insists that everyone should treat her like any other pony. Well, as she phrased it; Any other pony as classy and dignified as her.” Sweetie Belle must have noticed Button’s confused face so she added “Just, treat her with respect and don’t get too worshipy around her. Although I think she’d be pleased with a little recognition.”

Button nodded in response.

“Hey, look! You can see the boutique now!” Sweetie Belle announced.

Button hadn’t realized how much time had flown by from them talking to each other. It barely felt like any time at all and now they had almost finished walking to their destination.

Button responded “It’s so cool looking! I love the buildings at Ponyville! They’re so much homier and different than the ones back in Manehattan.”

“Just wait until you see inside!” Sweetie belle excitedly exclaimed. “It’s so beautiful in the boutique!” She paused and went on speaking about buildings as well.
“Ponyville buildings are pretty cool, aren’t they? Especially Twilight Sparkle's library. I mean, it’s a tree for Celestia’s sake! The coolest house ever!”

“Wait, you’ve actually been INSIDE where Twilight Sparkle lives?!”
“Well yeah. It’s a library, so anypony is allowed inside. Plus, I’m pretty good friends with Twilight, since she’s my sister's friend and all.”

Button’s face cracked into another overly-excited grin. “That is SO COOL! You're so cool! Ponyville is so cool!”

Sweetie Belle giggled. “I don’t think I’ve ever heard the words so and cool used that much in that short amount of time before.”

Button flushed in embarrassment and laughed weakly, “Heheh, whoops.”

“Annnnyway!” Sweetie Belle said, “Here we are!” She motioned to the glamorous outside of the boutique with her hoof in a dramatic movement. “Pretty awesome seeing it this close, isn’t it?” she said, proudly, after glancing at Button’s impressed and amazed face.

“Shall we go in then?” she said to Button, breaking him away from his awe of the boutique. “Oh, yeah, of course!” he sputtered. And in they went.

The boutique’s beauty was something he’d never encountered before in his lifetime. No building in all the places he’d ever been to had never been quite as stunning and spectacular as this boutique. He was thrilled, being able to see something so magnificent in Ponyville and even more thrilled that it belonged to someone he knew. The next thing he saw was just as stunning as the boutique itself; A pearly white pony with a purple mane of many hues, dark, gorgeous and curled.

“Good afternoon! Welcome to Rarity’s Boutique!” The beautiful pearly white pony stepped forward in greeting.

“Hey, sis!” Sweetie Belle said sweetly, skipping further inside.

She was Sweetie Belle’s sister?! Button thought. No wonder Sweetie Belle was so pretty, her sister was gorgeous!

“Oh, Hello, Sweetums! Rarity said to her little sister.” Who’s your friend? I don’t believe we’ve ever met.”

Rarity looked over at the suddenly speechless Button Mash, dumbfounded by the purple maned mare’s presence. He’d never seen a mare as dazzling looking as the mare in front of him. Young mares never really took any notice to him at all.
Button Mash stumbled over his words. “I-I’m B-Button Bash, uh, I mean Button Mash.”

“Well, it’s lovely to meet you Button Mash! Any friend of Sweetie Belle’s is very much welcome here at the boutique.”

Button Mash just stared and nodded. She spoke as delightfully as she looked, he thought, caught in her deep blue eyes; her sparkling, wide, splendid eyes.

“Are you two planning to hang out here?” Rarity said kindly. “I’m quite occupied with my work, but you could go upstairs so you don’t get in the way.”

Button could see what Sweetie Belle meant when talking about her sister. She was kind yet a little snobby.

Sweetie Belle responded to her sister, “ I was just gonna ask you if I could go to Button’s house to work on a school project.”

“Oh, why of course you can! Thank you for informing me, my dear.” Button swore he saw a slight playful smirk on the beautiful unicorn’s face but shrugged it away.

“Okay, thanks! We’ll be on our way then!”

“I’d offer you two something to eat but I’m far too busy at the moment. Sweetie Belle! How about you go get a beverage for your guest! I need to go fetch something from the kitchen as well.”

“I thought you said you were too busy to-” Sweetie Belle began to say but was caught off by her sister. “It’s for my new orders!” Rarity proclaimed. “Come, come. There is some iced tea in the fridge which you can serve. Button Mash, please feel free to look around the boutique.” She said warmly but then added, “Just don’t touch anything, dear.” with an apprehensive smile, as if she was worried about him ruining something. She didn’t have much confidence in him, did she. Well, they were complete strangers, after all.

Rarity gently lead Sweetie Belle to the kitchen while the young filly mumbled quietly; “What would you need from the kitchen for a piece of clothing?”

Button was left behind to bask in the grandness of the boutique. Everything was so exquisite, suiting the purple maned mare’s style and dignified manner. He admired the various things around the boutique, desperate to touch them but stayed where he was, waiting for Sweetie Belle and Rarity to come back.

When they did, they entered with a tray of glasses filled with freshly made iced tea. They somehow looked exquisite like everything else in the home of Rarity.

Rarity placed the tray of drinks down on a nearby table using her magic.

“Please, enjoy! I hope for you to feel welcomed, here at the boutique.”

“T-thanks!” Button nodded to the unicorns in thanks.

“Well, I’ll leave you to it then. I better keep working on those orders. Tah-tah!” With that, she disappeared into another room.

“You sister seems nice.” Button said to start more conversation.

Sweetie Belle, with a look of disgruntle, responded back. “Yeah, she is….”

Button Mash wondered why the young filly’s mood had changed so quickly but didn’t think much of it.

“Did you make this iced tea? It tastes really good and I am SO not a tea pony.”

“Well, sort of. I helped my sister make it. She has the best recipe! I’m glad you like it. It’s super refreshing too!”

Glad that Sweetie Belle seemed less gloomy and more in spirits he continued to talk to her, hoping for another enthusiastic conversation.

He guzzled his glass of iced tea and asked her about Ponyville.

Time went by as they talked for a little while until they had finished drinking their glasses of iced tea, Button draining 2 big glasses of it in record timing.

“Wanna go then?” Button asked Sweetie Belle as he licked the final drops of the sweet drink from the brim of the glass.

“Sure!” Sweetie Belle responded. “You sure like that iced tea, don’t you?” She giggled.

Button nodded his head vigorously. “Duh, of course, I do! I can’t wait to come back again so I can drink more of that stuff!”

Sweetie Belle laughed softly. “I feel like the caffeine in the iced tea has affected you... “

“Whaddya mean? Affected? Was it poisoned?! Am I slowly dying right now?!” Button grew more jittery by the sentence.

Sweetie belle laughed nervously once again. “No, it’s not poisoned and no, you're not slowly dying!” Sweetie Belle thought for a second and mumbled quietly, “Well, aren't we all slowly dying?”

Button sighed in relief and hadn’t managed to hear Sweetie Belle’s second comment.

“Anyway, let’s go! Button leaped out of the boutique, nearly crashing into the door.

“Wait, don’t forget your saddlebags!” Sweetie Belle yelled at Button from inside and raced outside to catch up with Button.

Maybe giving him caffeinated iced tea, wasn’t such a good idea...

Comments ( 4 )

Hope this story's continuing.

Comment posted by YoursTruly deleted Jan 4th, 2021
Comment posted by YoursTruly deleted Jan 4th, 2021
Login or register to comment