• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 3,315 Views, 38 Comments

A Man and an Army - Saffron



A search for a mysterious energy reading leads a Commander to Equestria

  • ...
22
 38
 3,315

An awakening memory (Edited)

Author's Note:

Currently in the process of being re-written with the help of TimesX . Also I am currently looking for OC's for more details please click here .

“High Commander ….. Pandora what …. status, over.” The crackling over the radio was a sign I had gotten too far from my Command ship, but I had to find the strange energy reading I was picking up. I couldn’t go back just yet.

“Pandora this is the Commander can you please repeat that, over.”

“Commander …… get out ….. gravi….. anomaly, over.” The signal is getting worse.

“Repeat that Pandora you're breaking up, over.”

All I could hear was static now I had to return to the command ship and come back later. My ship's engines powered down and the ship started to drift towards the closest planet. I could see the sun encased in a golden aura and the moon in a blue aura.

‘Well that doesn't look natural.’ I thought.

“No it doesn't look natural.” Jane said.

“Jane just because you’re in my head doesn't mean you can read my thoughts.” I said.

“Well I know almost everything and there is only one person who can satisfy my intrigue.” Jane replied.

“You know for an AI you are kinda creepy.” I said.

“FYI sir your ship is being pulled toward that planet.” Jane said.

I let out a deep breath “I know. It doesn't really matter even if we do a nose dive into the ground the ship won't get damaged.” I said.

“Should I activate the distress signal?” Jane asked.

“Yeah and also relay a message to the crew about the crash we are gonna take. Tell them to stay in their respective rooms until further notice.” I said.

“Anything else?” Jane asked.

“Just wait.” I said.

As the ship slowly got closer to the planet the sun broke over the horizon showing that the planet itself supported plant life. I noticed vast forests and oceans that went on for miles. It reminded me of my home I left a long time ago. It looked so peaceful and beautiful as if it has never been tainted by industry or science. I realized that it would not stay that way for long. My ship will tear the forest and open fields leaving behind a massive scar in the land, but if their was plant life then there was most likely alien life as well.

“Jane I need you to do a full planet scan for any biological life besides the plants. Also figure out where we are going to land I don't want to kill anything from our crash.” I said.

“Does that include the tree’s sir?”

“Don't be a smart ass Jane.”

“Scan will take five minutes and the ETA of our landing is eight minutes.” Jane said.

“So if we are gonna hit some thing we only have three minutes to adjust our landing.” I said.

“Yes.” Jane said

“Well this will be interesting.” I laughed as I began trying to get control of the thrusters.

The planet slowly got closer and I was able to make out a mountain in the distance. The way our ship was angled we could land in the open field near the mountain. As I looked over the landscape again it looked so familiar. I looked into the horizon and noticed something strange. I don't know what exactly but it didn't seem natural, and i'm not talking about the aura around it either. It was as if the sun was rotating around the planet.

"Scan completed sir. Life is detected on the planet." Jane said.

"Will we crash into any cities?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, but we will crash near a castle." Jane replied.

"What, are you serious? You have to be fucking around with me. A castle? Really?."

"Yes, and it is built in the side of that mountain down there."

"What? Are... Wait... Give me a minute." I took a deep breath and released it. "What kind of life is down there?" I asked.

"It appears to be multiple species capable of creating civilizations." Jane said.

“Hmm.... can you specify?” I asked.

“No there is something interfering with the scan, that is all I know.” Jane said.

“Can you determine what is causing the interference and adjust your scan?” I asked.

“I could if I knew what was screwing with the scan in the first place. The energy source seems to spread out anyway as if the planet itself is causing the problems.” Jane said.

“Shit, how long until we hit?” I asked

“Two minutes thirty seconds.” Jane replied.

“Ah not to long then. Prepare a small group for me. A scientist and three soldiers, and also unlock my personal armory I need to get my armor.” I said.

“Anything else sir?” Jane asked.

“No.”


---------------------------------------- (Celestia and Luna’s POV) ---------------------------------------------


Celestia was bringing the sun into position over Equestria like she normally does. While Luna was lowering the moon. It had been almost over a thousand years and yet the sisters continued their daily routine they used to have. The harmony between them now was stronger than before Luna’s banishment. As celestia walked to her rooms balcony, she looked outside and noticed a comet or possibly a meteor, she couldn’t quite tell. It was burning in the sky and coming closer by the second. She stared at it a little longer and realized it actually was getting closer.

“Luna can you come here.” Celestia asked.

Luna slowly walked over from the other side of the room and sat down next to her big sister.

“What is it dear sister?.” Luna asked. “Is something the matter?”

“That, in the sky, what is it?”

“I do not know. A comet maybe. Do not worry it will burn up soon enough.” Luna said.

“Will you watch it with me Luna.” Celestia asked.

Luna was happy that her sister wanted to spend time with her, no matter what they would be doing. She hugged Celestia and motioned to her sister to sit down.

“Yes, I will stay.” Luna replied happily.

Celestia smiled at Luna and returned the hug. They both were sitting right behind the glass balcony door watching what appeared to be a comet, but after a minute of watching it and it getting rapidly closer they began to worry. It was so close now it looked as if it was going to land in the Everfree forest or near the castle. Whatever it was or, where it was going to land could be a problem. For some reason they couldn’t take their eyes of the ball of fire. Well actually the fire around the object was dissipating. They could tell it was no ordinary space debris. It looked more like a flying ship of some alien origin.

“Luna, stay here i’m going to tell shining armor about this.” Celestia said.

With that Celestia left the room sprinting to the captains barracks.

---------------------------------------- (The Commanders POV) ---------------------------------------------

“So exactly how do you plan to greet the populace?” Jane asked.

“Well first we are gonna ruin some of their land maybe cause a raging fire or two and that's just the landing. They will probably send their scientist, soldiers or both to search the crash site, and if we are lucky they won't attack so we can explain our situation. If it goes well then we can add this to our territory.” I said.

“Well, I hope you have a plan soon, ten seconds till impact.” Jane said.

“This is gonna be fun.” I said sarcastically.

As the ship got close to the ground the trees thrashed around violently, even so much as unrooting a few. It only took a second after that for the ship to touch the once untainted land and leave a long path of destruction. Anything in the path of the ships was crushed, ripped apart or burned. The ship was getting closer to the mountain slowly. However it was slowing down a lot faster than expected. It only took about twenty seconds to come to a complete stop.

“Jane, damage report.” I said.

“Shields held, and no structural damage to the ship.” She replied.

“Great. Now link yourself into my armor, I may need you.” I said

“Yes sir. By the way, your team will be waiting for you by the airlock.” She replied.

“Good, send a message to my crew saying that it safe to leave their rooms.” I said.

I made my way swiftly through the ship's corridors passing a few engineers and soldiers. I made a quick stop at the coffee shop next to the mess hall and picked up a bottle of water. I continued my brisk walk and meet with my team.

“As you can guess we have arrived on an alien planet with life. I need you on your best behaviour, and soldiers don't shoot anything unless it is a real threat. Understand.”

They all saluted and gave a quick yes sir.

I opened the airlock and was quickly assaulted with the blinding light from the sun. I stepped outside and let my eyes adjust to the brightness.

“Jane is it a human friendly atmosphere?” I asked.

“Yes sir, the atmosphere is just like Earth's. Except without the pollution.” Jane replied.

“Ok, soldiers, it is safe to take your helmets off.” I said.

I pressed a button on my notebook (it's like an Ipad) and my helmet unlocked. I took it off and looked towards the mountain seeing the castle. It was so familiar I just couldn’t quite put my finger on it. ‘Wait what's that.’ I thought.

“It appears to be the welcome party. In what appears to be flying chariots.” Jane said.

“Soldiers cover me I will go meet our hosts.” I said.

“Strange energy signals detected.” Jane warned.

“Hmm.” I was trying to remember why this place was so familiar.

The chariots slowed and started to descend. They were pulled by what appeared to be white pegasi in golden armor. In the chariots were more pegasi and some unicorns as well. All of them were wearing golden armor they even seemed identical. Except for the one in the center chariot he appeared to be in command of the others. The best part was he was coming to greet me, or attack me. I couldn't tell what his intentions were yet. He slowly came closer and stopped about fifty feet from me his soldiers following.