• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 4,225 Views, 69 Comments

My little Pony: Friendship is Digital (OUTDATED) - DarklordAxel20



UNDER SERIOUS REVISIONS. REWRITE PENDING.

  • ...
8
 69
 4,225

Twilight's Bug Problem

Ponyville, Near Twilight's Library

Having chosen to head back home to write to the princess, rather than stay and converse with her friends longer than she had planned, Twilight made haste in rushing to her tree home, having tentomon flying behind her at a similar pace. " Twilight if I may, don't you think that you are rushing just a bit? " he asked her, unsure of her motives for being in such a hurry.

She just barely looked back at her insectoid friend, " Because if I don't write to the princess about my findings, something bad might happen if any digimon find their way into Canterlot!! " she replied in a panicked tone.

Tentomon rubbed his head with one of his claws, not quite understanding what she meant, " What ever you do mean Twilight, why would the presence of a digimon cause mass panic, does your world not have monsters in it? "

" That's why they'd panic! " she responded, " Ponies aren't very fond of monsters, especially rampaging ones! I mean, even if Tyrannomon didn't know what he was doing at the moment, that doesn't mean that a digimon like him couldn't cause mass panic, and who knows what the princesses would do to it! " the panic in her voice only got worse the more she thought about it.

" Then maybe you should write the letter, and stop panicking, I don't exactly know who these princesses are, or what a princess is really, but I'm sure they would understand if you explained to them, " Twilight stopped in her tracks as what he was saying sunk into her mind, tentomon relaxed slightly knowing that the panic was leaving his best friend, if he had lips he would surely be smiling.

With a sigh, Twilight began moving again, but at a much slower pace, enough for Tentomon to walk by her side, "You're right Tentomon, I guess panicking would really make this worse, you know for a talking digital monster who was only hatched this morning, you're really smart, " she gave a small smile to her new friend.

" Oh thank you Twilight, but please I'm only as smart as I seem, to be honest, there is a lot of things I still do not understand, for one, what is a princess, " he asked her, at first she thought he was joking, but when he didn't say anything further and kept looking at her, she knew he was serious.

Sweat dropped down Twilight's face as they exchanged looks, she wasn't really sure how to respond, she had never met somepony who didn't know what a princess was, " Well you see Tentomon, a princess is, well...a princess is a pony who holds a high authority above other ponies and uses their magic to protect the ponies that they rule over, " she gave the best explanation she could, while trying to keep it simple for him to understand.

" Ah, I see, " he spoke in an understanding tone, " So in short, they are in charge of the rest of the ponies, and sort of like us digimon, they use their powers to protect the ones they care for, " Twilight nodded in response, letting him know he understood it correctly. " Fascinating, it would seems that there is still much for me to learn, thank you Twilight, being your best friend has opened up new intellectual opportunities for me ".

Twilight smiled at him, " Why thank you Tentomon, I'm glad to have you as my best friend as well, " she stopped upon arriving at the front doorstep of her home, " Here we are, using her magic, she opened the door and let herself and Tentomon in. " You might've seen it when you were smaller, but this is my home, it's not much, but I'd be happy if you would call it home along with me and Spike, " she held out her hoof to him, hoping that he would accept her offer.

Tentomon looked at her hoof for a brief moment, before extending out his claw to touch her hoof, "I would be honored to stay here with you Twilight, after all, where else am I going to stay, I don't exactly know anywhere but here, " Twilight felt like she could fall over from his sudden response, but she was happy nonetheless.

" Twilight you're home!, " Spike shouted as he ran downstairs to greet her, his arms open wide to give her a hug, but he came to a screeching halt upon laying his eyes on what looked like a large two legged lady bug. " AAAAAGH!!! what is that!! " he literally jumped from where he was, onto a nearby bookshelf, " Tw..Tw..Twilight!, there's a big bug next to you!! " he screamed in a panic.

" There is no reason to be afraid Spike, it is simply me, Tentomon, " he said, trying to calm down the panicking purple dragon.

However it only seemed to make Spike panic more, " It can talk to!!, and it knows my name!!! Twilight help!!!! " his panicking was cut off however by Twilight lifting him form the book shelf with her magic, and levitating him in front of her.

" Spike calm down, this is just Tentomon, he was the little pink thing from earlier, and before that he was the little green thing that was using you like a playground, " she stated, trying her best to calm down the baby dragon.

" You mean that thing is um...uh, it starts with an M I think, " he stopped as he tried to remember what the small pink creature said what his name was.

" Motimon, " replied Tentomon.

" Yeah, " Spike exclaimed, " You're telling me that you're little motimon, sheesh what did you eat to become so...buggy? " he was incredibly confused at this point, rather than being incredibly terrified.

" That would be simple, " Tentomon started, " I digivolved to my next level, before I was in-training, now, I'm at my rookie level, " he explained.

" Fascinating, " Twilight was utterly fascinated by how digimon can seemingly enter a metamorphosis so quickly, and if what Agumon said had any credibility, they could revert back to a previous form.

Spike scratched his head, still not really understanding what he meant, but he knew better to ask what he meant, he had made the same mistake several times with Twilight, " Well, anyway, I'm glad that you're back Twilight, and it's uh, glad to officially meet you, um, Tentomon, " Spike extended his hand out to Twilight's insectoid friend, who in turn, placed his claw in the palm of Spike's hand and the two proceded to move their limbs in a shaking motion.

" It is nice to officially meet you too Spike, even though you have already seen me, it is highly understandable," Tentomon turned his attention towards Twilight whom was gathering up a piece of paper along with a quill pen and ink. " Twilight, what exactly are you doing with all of that, " he scratched the side of his head, unsure what his pony friend was doing with so much.

" Ah don't worry about her, " Spike replied for Twilight, " She's just getting stuff to write to the princess, sometimes she writes so hastily that she messes up, and you can't exactly erase quill pen ink, so she needs spare paper ". The two of them watched as Twilight rushed up to her room, practically slamming the door behind her, " It's kinda normal for her to act like this when big stuff happens, " Spike paused his speaking for a moment, scratched his chin for a few moments, before raising his index finger, " Hey I have an idea, I can give you a tour of the library, I mean if you're gonna be staying here, we wouldn't want you to get lost, would we? "

" That would be most kind of you Spike, thank you, let us proceed with this tour, " Tentomon happily agreed, the insect digimon felt right at home living inside of a big tree.

Spike walked Tentomon around the tree house, showing him the main chamber, the kitchen, the bedrooms, and the basement, eventually stopping back in the main room. " Oh yeah, one last thing, " Spike put his index claw and his thumb in his mouth, and proceeded to whistle, and upon whistling, was greeted by an owl that flew down from the ceiling, " This is Owlowiscious, Twilight's pet owl, Owlowiscious, this Tentomon, Twilight's new friend who will be staying here, " Owlowiscious blinked a few times, turned his and replied with a simple " Hoo ".
Spike slapped himself in the face at the owls response, " What do you mean who? I just told you, his name is Tentomon, " "Hoo" the owl repeated, much to Spike's dismay. " Ugh, cmon Tentomon let's just ignore him for now, the two proceeded to walk upstairs, where they would wait for Twilight to finish writing her letter.

Twilight was just about done writing her letter, she had sat in front of her window whilst writing, using the sunlight outside instead of using her usual desk lamp, " Aaaaand there, all done, I'm sure this letter will help me get my point across to Princess Celestia, and if it doesn't I'm sure I could introduce her to Tentomon and the others ". Having finished the letter, Twilight used her magic to sit her quill pen to the side, and roll the letter up, but while she was in the middle of preparing her letter to be sent to the princess, the room suddenly became dim, " That's strange, it's not even close to sundow- " Twilight was cut off as a gust of what she thought was hot air hit her from her window, " What the hay was that?! " she froze up when she looked out her window, her blood ran cold as she laid eyes on what was obscuring the sunlight from her room.



Twilight was face to face with the largest insect she had ever seen, what was comparable to a giant red stag beetle, with the largest pincers she had ever seen, it's deep breaths left it's mouth as it stared at the unicorn, " easy now Twilight...m..maybe it hasn't noticed you yet, " she slowly backed away, making her way to the door, inch by inch,but it was too late, she had already been noticed. The giant insect let out a mighty roar, practically shaking the entire tree house along with it, causing Twilight to scream and run towards the door in a panicked frenzy, " SPIKE!!! TENTOMON!!!! HELP!!!! " she came bursting through her bedroom door, diving out of the way as one of it's claws swiped for her.

" Twilight what's wro- AHHHHH!!! " Spike caught glimpse of what had caused the pony he knew best to panic so much, " wh..wha...what is that thing!?!?!? "

" Oh dear not him! " Tentomon exclaimed.

" T...tentomon do you kn..know that thing, " Twilight stuttered from fear, " W...wait if you know it, th..then that things a digimon, maybe it's not in control of it's actions, sorta like Tyrannomon! "

Tentomon shook his head slightly, " No Twilight, this isn't like Tyrannomon, that's Kuwagamon, a no good insectoid digimon whose bad down to the exoskeleton, he uses his pincers to cut through just about anything, he doesn't care who or what he attacks, " he explained.

" Th..then what do we do?! " Spike asked, still frantic from the sheer sight of the digital beast.

" We fight, " was all Tentomon said before flying towards the giant red digimon, " So you like picking on defenseless ponies you big digi-jerk, let's see how you like it, Super shocker!! " he shouted as he released a bolt of electricity from his antenna, striking the larger insect digimon in the face, but it didn't even seem to phase it, " Uh oh, " was all Tentomon could say before the Kuwagamon had grabbed him, and thrown him from inside the tree house.

" Tentomon!!! " Twilight cried out as she fled her house after the smaller bug digimon, managing to run past the feet of the fearsome Kuwagamon. Upon reaching her digimon friend, she helped him back up to his feet, " Tentomon, Tentomon are you ok?! " she asked, still clearly in a panic.

Tentomon nodded, " I'm alright, just one question, whose Tentomon, " he joked, however he didn't have time to follow up, Kuwagamon let out another fearsome roar as he turned towards then, clamping his pincers together, which hit hard enough to make sparks upon contact.

Twilight shook him a little, " This is no time for jokes, we've got to do something, if he gets away from us, he could wreck all of Ponyville! " she panicked.

" Uh Tw...twilight.. " Spike frantically tapped her shoulder, " I don't think he cares about Ponyville, I think he wants us as a snack!! " he took off running as the giant insectoid digimon came ever-so closer towards them.

After shaking his head to regain his composition, Tentomon flew up towards Kuwagamon's face, staring at him before letting loose another super shocker, " I won't just be tossed around like that, here have another , Super shocker!!! " the electricity hit the Kuwagamon's face ever harder, but once again it didn't even scratch it, in response to the pitiful attack against it, the angry Kuwagamon slapped Tentomon away, causing him to go careening into the ground.

" Tentomon No!!! " Twilight cried out once more as she rushed to her unconscious friend, she shook him even more than before, " Tentomon please you need to wake up, I don't know what to do, I've never been put in a situation like this before, you need to get up please!!! " she pleaded, but he was out cold. Twilight's blood ran cold again as the fearsome Kuwagamon now towered over her, lunging it's claw down at her, ready to make her it's next meal, " TENTOMON I NEED YOU!!!!! " she screamed, suddenly, her cutie mark began to glow, along with Tentomon, who rose as if he had never been knocked out.

" Oh my! " Tentomon floated upwards as his body began glowing brightly, " Tentomon digivolve too!!! "



" KABUTERIMON!!!! " he roared out his name as he rose up, catching Kuwagamons claw in one of his own four new claws, using his new found strength, he practically hurled the opposing insect digimon away. He looked as his new body, he had grown taller than the tree house, his body was now blue instead of red, and instead of two claws he had four arms, however he didn't have time marvel at his body for long, Kuwagamon was back up on his feet, and wasted no time in flying towards the brand new Kabuterimon.

Twilight's eyes widened as she stared at the blue beetle digimon standing above her, what was once a large ladybug like create, but still not taller than her, was now towering over her, " T..tenomon?! " she asked out loud.

He looked down at her, gave her a thumbs up and said, " You can call me Kabuterimon now, " he turned his attention towards Kuwagamon, and took off flying right towards him, resulting in the two clashing mid air. Both insect digimon grappled one another, both using their four powerful arms to push against one another, however Kuwagamon wasn't exactly a fair player, and to add more pressure on Kabuterimon, he lunged at him with his pincers, repeatedly, trying to get him to lose his grip. " Listen here bug breath! " he started, " Thrash me around all you want, but don't ever lay a claw on my friend!!! have a taste of this big guy!!!! " he let go of two of Kuwagamon's arms, and crossed them across his upper body, " Electro Shocker!!!! " he cried out as he fired a powerful bolt of electricity from his body, striking Kuwagamon in the abdomen, resulting in him launching backwards and into the ground.

"..Incredible.. " Twilight marveled at her friends strength, watching as it made quick work of the Kuwagamon, whereas before he couldn't as much lay a scratch on him.

Kabuterimon approached the downed kuwagamon, picked him up by his pincers and flew upwards, " Don't come back again, Electro Shocker!! " he fired another bolt of electricity from his body, striking the Kuwagamon in the face this time, making sure he was unconscious. " Now let's take out the trash! " wish a shout he began spinning Kuwagamon around by his pincers, gaining enough speed in his spin before finally letting go, hurling the knocked out digimon far into the Everfree Forest, " That should keep him away, " he landed near Twilight, and suddenly began to glow once more, but instead of growing, he shrank, in fact he shrank back into Motimon. Even he was surprised by this, " Oh dear, it would seem that I used up all of my energy in that battle ".

Twilight walked over to him, picked him up and stared him in the face, or in this case, the body, " You changed back to Motimon, it this what Agumon meant by, you can change back, " Motimon gave a tired nod in response, " And it's cause you ran out of energy, " he gave another tired nod. It was clear to Twilight that her little friend was exhausted, " Let's get you inside before anypony sees you and puts two and two together, " she smiled as she placed him on her back and took him inside, where Spike was waiting for her at, she turned and looked at Motimon who was now asleep on her back, smiled, and simply said, " You are by far the most amazing thing I've ever seen Motimon ".

Author's Note:

Well hey there ladies and gentlecolts, nice to see you again so soon :twilightsmile: . I thought that since you all enjoyed the last chapter so much, I thought I'd get ahead of the game and put out another one just for you wonderful people. Anyway, I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, so I hope you have alot of fun reading it, feel free to leave a comment on your thoughts about the chapter, and what you think the next chapter will be about based on the title, I always enjoy talking to you all and i'll see you next time :pinkiehappy:

Next time on My Little Pony: Friendship is Digital, Grey Stones and Fiery Gems