• Published 12th May 2012
  • 6,183 Views, 417 Comments

Divided We Stand - Nexas



A changling still in canterlot! how will he survive?

  • ...
11
 417
 6,183

Of revenge and parties

My first fic so criticism is welcome.
My Little Pony is a product of Hasbro.
Unfortunately I do not own any of this, save for my characters.

"It's all over!" Queen Chrysalis cried. She had won, Canterlot was hers and even the mighty Princess Celestia and her Elements of Harmony were unable to stop her.

"Your spell!" Twilight Sparkle yelled to her brother, having realized he was the only one who could stop them now, "perform your spell!"

The Changeling Queen cackled evilly, "What good would that do? My changelings already roam free!" By the screams and explosions that could be heard from outside that was no lie,

"No..." Shining Armor stained trying to draw up the magic neccesary to perform the shield spell but it was no use. "My spell is useless; I don't have the strength to repel them."

"My love will give you strength." Princess Cadence said, moving forward to help him. Queen Chrysalis just chuckled again; she couldn't believe her ears "What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment."

Not paying her any mind, Cadence touched her horn to Shining Armor's, emiting a small current of energy. Soon magic was flowing all around the Alicorn and her fiancé, her love for him powering his spell. Eventually all the built up energy was released in a wall of magic that flew out in all directions. Chrysalis barely had time to cry out as the wave crashed into her, pushing out of the castle. All around Canterlot, Changelings were being pushed out of the city by Shining Armor's supercharged shield spell and soon, the threat of invasion had been completely eliminated.

Or so they thought.

***
Sunlight streamed through the canopy of the forest, dancing on the dew of the leaves. It slowly spread across the forest floor and onto a unmoving object.

Onto a Changeling.

The changeling was unconcious, lying in the center of his personal crater. He had been thrown halfway across Equestria and even though he did not know it yet he was lucky to survive.

The sunlight slowly blanketed the Changelings body and shone on his face, eliciting a sleepy groan from the insect-pony.

The sunlight began to affect the sleeping Changeling and finally he opened his pure blue eyes.

The first thing he saw was the intense pain that the sun had on his compound eyes.

"AAAAHH!" He screamed, coming fully to his senses and turning away from the harsh light. He rubbed his sore eyes and after his sight returned looked around, trying to figure out why he was in a forest. He lied on his back and racked his addled brain as to why he was here.

It all came back in a rush.

The wedding.

The invasion.

The wall of magic energy.

He winced at the last thought, still feeling the pain of getting punched by a wall and sent flying out of a city.

To his surprise he realized that there were no other Changelings around him. He could not sense them either as his hive link seemed to be disconnected.

He was alone, alone with his thoughts.

And his thoughts were telling him to find his comrades.

Struggling to his hole-filled hooves, his stiff exoskeleton straining from the effort, he set out on the search.

***

Three wasp nest, two bears and one very grumpy manticore later, the lone Changeling finally reached the edge of the forest. Unfortunately to his disappointment he had not found any others of his kind.

"They must have been sent farther away or to other parts of Equestria." the solider muttered as he walked along a dirt path out of the forest. He had hoped that at least one other soldier landed near him but he had been wrong. With his hive link severed he couldn't even feel any of the swarm, not even his Queen.

And to make matters worse; he was completely lost. He could be in an entirely different part of Equestria, far away from anyone else.

The sound of a head slamming into wood filled the air. The soldier had, while deep in thought, walked into something. Shaking his head to clear his mind, he looked up at what he had run into. It was a sign, neat and plain, standing on two pegs and in big red letters spelled out:

WELCOME TO PONYVILLE

Looking to the side of the sign the changeling could see a small town filled with ponies not to far away all of them with content smiles on their faces. He hated them.

Look at them, he thought' rage building. Not a care in the world, but what about US huh? They get all the food and the comforting life and we're banished to the Badlands and left to starve! Why if I were in charge...

At that precise moment the Changeling had an idea, an idea so amazing that it would turn him into a hero, grant food for his race, and give them a starting point from which they could attack Canterlot all over again!

He would conquer Ponyville all by himself!

"How hard can it be?"

***

Sneaking into town was easy, he could already taste the emotions of the ponies. Hate was extremely bitter and love was like nectar to a changling and so on. And this town had a lot of love.

But this mission before him would require stealth and cunning, which a Changeling has in large supply. Focusing his energy he started to construct a pony form for himself. Looking into a nearby puddle he admired his work.

He was a normal earth pony, not that it mattered what he was. His fur was a lightish grey and his mane was a scarlet red. On his flank was his cutie mark: a mirror.

This was his favorite form truth be told. It had belonged to a simple glass blower in Appleloosa. He especially liked the cutie mark. No Changelings have a cutie mark but if he did, this would probably be what it looked like. Admiring his disguise he decided that he was all set to conquer this town. He brought his gaze up from the puddle.

And into the face of something pink.

He screamed. And to his even greater surprise the pink thing spoke.

"Hi there!"

He screamed even louder. This didn't even seem to phase the pink creature as it continued to talk.

"I'm Pinkie Pie the party pony of Ponyville! I've never seen you here before and I know every pony in Ponyville and I've never seen you! And since you're here I'll throw you a welcome to Ponyville party! Do you like parties? I like parties! I'm the party pony of Ponyville wait, did I say that already? Why are you screaming? Or is that singing? I like singing!"

First he was screaming out of surprise but now he was screaming out of fear. This pony was one of the Elements of Harmony! One wrong move and he could have Celestia and her army staring him down. One moment free, the next locked in a canterlot dungeon, or worse!

Alright, alright just play it cool, he steeled his nerves and looked the pony in the eye.

"Soooooooooooo, what's your name?" She said jumping in his face causing him to jump back in shock.

"Please don't hurt me!"

This caused the pink earth pony to stop in her tracks; her entire body seemed to darken a bit.

"Hurt you?" She asked as if it was the craziest thing she had ever heard. "W-why would I hurt you?"

He quickly straightened up and cleared his throat. He could make this work.

"Uh, sorry I just uh, moved here from Appleloosa," He quickly started his back story. "I wasn't treated the best there and I decided to move here to get away from it all." the changling gave his best sad and broken look, which wasn't hard since he was pretty down and out. Instantly the pony's confused look turned to a look of concern.

"Are you okay? I'm soooooo sorry for acting like that." She said very rapidly and before he could respond had wrapped him in a bear hug.

The one good thing about this was the compassion she was creating, it was almost as delicious as love and the Changling could feel himself getting stronger and his earlier pains healing. She finally pulled away, her body regaining its original color.

"So, you're moving to Ponyville?"

He couldn't help but smirk.

"Oh, I think I'm going to be here for a long time."

"Well, what you need is a party!" the happiness in her voice returning "Where is your house?"

"Oh, uh I don't have one." he tried to sound pitiful.

"Oh! Well when are you going to buy one?"

"I, uh, don't have any money but-"

Before he could finish his sentence this mare, Pinkie Pie right? Had grabbed his tail in her mouth and was dragging him away.

"We can't have that! You can stay with me at Sugercube Corner until you get the money!"

"What?"

"Yeah! And I can throw the welcome party there!" She chirped.

"WHAT?"

"YEAH! I can't wait to introduce you to my friends!"

"WHAT?!"

"You sure like saying 'what?' a lot." She giggled, somehow hopping up and down while dragging him.

"By the way, I didn't get your name?"

Oh yeah He thought, Changelings didn't usually have names, but some do. What was the name I always use?

"Call me..... Mirror Edge".